wow, actually earned some $ from adsense on blog

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (34 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Baileybearposted 12 years ago

I've never earnt much on adsense - been very slow to get anything on HP and virtually nothing on my 2 blogs - until this week.  Something must be worthwhile to click on my 'god confusion' one because lots of clicks & $44 this week.  Which makes the $150 payout not seem quite so far away

1. Dale Nelson profile image39
      Dale Nelsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice BaileyBear,

Probably climbed in the search results giving your your new traffic.

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I haven't been posting on the blogs for several weeks, so surprised.  Only about $30 to go to get to the adsense payout

1. profile image0

Just checked again & have earnt over $50 so far this month - not sure why all the clicks after getting practically nothing for past 18 months?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
            Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are two possible reasons.  Maybe Google tweaked their search engine algorithm again, which can result in sudden, dramatic changes to your search engine ranking. Or it may just be that your blog is maturing and Google has finally noticed it!

1. profile image0

I suspect it's neither of those an is just a very appealing prominent ad (perhaps below my short statement that I'm taking break from blog?)

2. Rising Caren profile image78
      Rising Carenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

? Since when is Adsense's payout $150? It's always been $100 to me.

1. profile image0

It's $150 for Australia - stink, aye?

1. Rising Caren profile image78
          Rising Carenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That sucks.

I'm really bad when it comes to adsense (I do MUCH MUCH MUCH better with amazon) and so it took me four years just to reach 100$! If it was 150$, I'd still have two more years to go....

1. profile image0

I had a look at my blog, and there is a super short post on there saying I'm taking a break from blog, with Google's ad for $75 free adwords - wonder if that's the popular ad?  Can't imagine they'd be much compelling to click on with a ex-christian blog on blogger? (barely earnt a few cents in several months)

3. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Baileybear!

I make just a few pennies on my blogs... but that's probably because I'm notorious for not writing on them regularly.

4. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!!!!   big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

5. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, congratulations bailey. I'm very happy for you.  hopefully this is a sign that you'll start to earn money from adsense regularly like other hubbers do. smile

1. profile image0

I've never earnt much from adsense from HP. I do much better from HP ads with kind of hubs I have.  This is on one of my blogs & is a bit of a fluke, I think - hope it lasts a bit longer - nice bonus

1. profile image0

That's kind of surprising.  From what I read of your hubs, you always seem to put a lot of work and thought process into it, so I always figured you'd be up there with people like Mark Knowles or Habbee on this site.  However, hopefully this means you'll gain a lot more traffic now though.

2. profile image0

That's kind of surprising.  From what I read of your hubs, you always seem to put a lot of work and thought process into it, so I always figured you'd be up there with people like Mark Knowles or Habbee on this site.  However, hopefully this means you'll gain a lot more traffic now though.

1. profile image0

heck no - earnings aren't based on how good a writer you are, but what people are looking for.  I write about any old thing that interests me, which is not necessarily popular.

The 'pros' also know the SEO tricks, I believe

I'm skeptical about earning decent money on internet & lately I've been putting my energies into starting up a small business

2. Moonmaiden profile image68
    Moonmaidenposted 12 years ago

That first payout is always so exciting. I'm glad I don't live in Australia though. It took me forever to get to $100. I wish you continued success with that.

1. profile image0

my first ever adsense payout looks within reach

1. georgethegent profile image61
        georgethegentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good on you Baileybear, any chance of a loan haha. Adsense gave me the flick in January and haven't spoken since sad

1. profile image0

hopefully HP will change things to not make it compulsory to have adsense to get HP ad income.  I do better overall with HP ads.

1. Jane Bovary profile image85
            Jane Bovaryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

BB, I hope so too. That way we can all stop being paranoid about losing Adsense. $50 on your blog is fantastic by the way. Whatever that clickable ad is, I wish I had it!

1. profile image0

it's up to $60 now - hope that ad stays.  I don't want to add anything to the blog in case it's an ad that shows up under my very short comment that I'm taking a break from blog

3. jcales profile image53
    jcalesposted 12 years ago

great job.  seen my sites go from 40/day to $20 (if lucky) and no spun or junk sites

4. asmaiftikhar profile image79
    asmaiftikharposted 12 years ago

Great job dear.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Good job! smile

6. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

Baileybear that's outstanding.  Congrats.  I started a little blog a couple months ago.  I've done 5 or 6 posts.  It's hard to get motivated to post to it because it gets virtually no traffic.  Feel like when I have time to write, it's better done here at HP.  I know I need to diversify, but I guess that means more "homework", like how to get traffic to my Blogger blog.  ANyhoo, good for you.  Hope traffic and earnings hold.

1. profile image0

I've been getting ok traffic to my 2 blogs, but until this month earn nothing on them.  I think it might just be a fluke with an ad they've put up

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Baileybear, something scares me about what you are posting. Has your traffic increased enormously?

Have you checked your blog's position in the SERPS for its keywords?

What keywords are bringing people to your blog?

You should normally expect 1/2 clicks per 100 views, sometimes a bit less or more.

What is your CTR?

For the earnings you are posting, you should be getting thousands of hits. If you are not, your Adsense account is at risk.

Edit: I don't want you to answer the questions about your keywords, I just want to think about it.

1. profile image0

I just checked analytics and it said my traffic has increase by 54% and graph shows upwards increase over the month. 

How do I check the positiong in SERPS?

Whats the CTR?

No, I'm not getting thousands of hits daily. 

I suspected it was because an attractive ad visible on going to my blog (perhaps the one from Adwords advertising $75 free?)

What could be happening otherwise putting my account at risk?  Someone attacking it?  Should I contact Google?  There seems to be increase in direct hits to my blog.

1. profile image0

have put in an invalid clicks query.  Perhaps someone is attacking my account?  (my blog is about leaving religion)

8. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Ok don't panic.

I use scroogle.org to check the SERPS and you seem to #3 for your aspergers child blog, which is pretty high, but I can't check the search volume for this because my internet access is too slow.

Maybe tomorrow it will be faster.

Your God Confusion hub is #1 for it's title keywords, and that might be the blog you are talking about as it has a post about not posting for a while.

Then again, have you got these blogs linked up to your Analytics account so you can see what keywords draw people to them?

The first big advert you are talking about shows (here in Spain) a big block advert for Jazztel which is a telecommunications company that most won't touch with a barge-pole, but they must have a lot of big business backing before they are never off the TV advertising.

It could be that the extra traffic brought to you is because of the free adwords advert you took out.

I've never used any of these coupons, because they keep sending them to me in Spanish.

I don't want to deal with things in Spanish.

Maybe it is that, and nothing to worry about. It just makes me feel uneasy, but there is nothing to put my finger on, especially now that I see how highly your blogs are ranking.

1. profile image0

several of the keywords don't say what they are and several of the sources don't either (direct, I think).  Both blogs are quite popular, but until this month earnt practically nothing.  I thought religion was a poor earner.
      I've put in a query anyway, just in case.  I got offered a $100 voucher for another website for my small business under my real name (which I haven't put ads on), so maybe connected to that?  Everything is on the same analytics account. There was an ad promoting people to get $75 free ads for during this time under my short note.  Haven't checked back lately to see if still there.

2. profile image0

I coudn't make sense of how to use scroogle

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)