Is it true? Cris A has passed away?

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (61 posts)
  1. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 12 years ago

For those of us who are friends with Cris A, there are posts on his facebook wall this morning that he has passed away. I'm in complete shock and find myself in an unexpected state of grief. If any of you have any other info regarding what has happened to him, hope you'll help fill in details.

Cris is unusually gifted in so many ways. He will continue to be a light and a joy to so many of us.

https://www.facebook.com/cris.advincula

1. Ardie profile image81
      Ardieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope it's not true...I've been slowly dying all day.  I can't deal with not saying goodbye

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

First Earnest and now Chris A?  Although I can't say that i've ever had the honor of meeting or talking to Chris A, I will say that it's a sad day for hubpages that we lost another great writer that meant so much to a lot of people.  I do send out my sincerest condolences to his family and closest friends.  May he rest in peace.

3. snakeslane profile image80
      snakeslaneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry to hear of Cris A's passing. My sincere condolences to his family, and his fans, friends, and followers. Regards, snakeslane

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

oh my, how very sad. He was just writing again on HP and excited to be back.
    Please, is it really true? I wonder if he was not well? I recall a beautiful poem he recently wrote about wishing to die on a rainy day.

http://cris-a.hubpages.com/hub/i-want-t … -rainy-day

The last comment seems to confirm your very sad news. sad

If it is truly true, I hope he went peacefully.  Love, light to a beautiful man.

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I find tears in my eyes, I read the poem and it's so beautiful. If it's true I hope he got his beautiful wish.

3. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Ohhh, no!  Really?  That is so sad... I didn't know him well, but am familiar with his extraordinary talent as a writer.  sad

4. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

Bless him, he was one of the first friends I made when I joined Hubpages 2 yrs ago I always looked forward to his comments.
    Oh I am crying this is such a shock sad

5. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 12 years ago

This is really sad. I have always loved his Poems. May God give his family the strength to bear the loss.

6. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

My condolences to Chris-A's family and friends.  So sad to hear another hubber had died.  Rest in Peace, Chris-A!

7. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

I did not know him, but this is tragic news.

8. Daniel Carter profile image62

His friends in the Philippines are posting on FB that he passed away the morning of Jan 17th (today for those of us on this part of the planet). But still no cause of death. I'm having a rough time dealing with this news. We had talked about collaborating on a couple of projects together. But even still, what a loss to us all of his talent, his inspiration and joy; the love he gave us all.

9. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

This is just awful news. I didn't know Cris A all that well, but he was on my FB friends list and always seemed a lovely chap when I saw his dealings on here. I am so shocked,he looks so young, and this is so soon after Ernesthub. How terribly terribly sad.

10. goldentoad profile image60
    goldentoadposted 12 years ago

I think I am officially trippin' out.

1. Ardie profile image81
      Ardieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

luv u GT

2. Sufidreamer profile image80
      Sufidreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Same here, GT - sinking a couple of Ouzos tonight to numb the feelings sad

It is a tragic loss - Cris was a scholar and an artist, but most of all had a truly gentle soul.

11. Daniel Carter profile image62

This from his FB wall, posted by one of his friends:

"It was due to diabetes. He died peacefully in front of his computer after his mom and sister left their house. He didn't bother to ask for help while he's experiencing an attack.

According to his sisters, everything happened in an hour. His elder sister was surprised to see him sprawled on the floor and as soon as the elder sister contacted the mother and the other sister, the latter two rushed home and just saw an ambulance and then Cris' body covered with a white blanket."

If you're one of his FB friends, here is the thread that it's in:
    https://www.facebook.com/cris.advincula … hare_reply

I'm actually glad for the additional info, even though this is a tragic loss. As G'ma Merle posted on face book, the world will never be quite the same, now that he's gone.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

so terribly sad.. I still can't believe this is true.

May his family somehow be comforted with their loss. Hopefully there may be some comfort knowing his life reached others throughout the world. Too sad for more words..   http://cris-a.hubpages.com/hub/i-am-walking-still

http://cris-a.hubpages.com/

12. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I recall having some interaction with him on the forums. It's so sad to lose another hubber.

13. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 12 years ago

For those who don't know him, Cris Advincula was a gifted poet and visual artist. His passion was to inspire greatness in others. He though he would be doing this via his facebook pages known as be inspired and world cinema but the truth is he did it by example and his own greatness of heart. I have cried since I learned about his passing 5 hours ago and I will forever remain indebted to him for his support and inspiration. Rest In Peace Cris A. You will be sorely missed.

14. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 12 years ago

oh no, that is awful, wasnt he young?

15. Daniel Carter profile image62

For what it's worth, I'm glad I'm not alone in shedding all these tears of grief. We had some great exchanges of ideas and creativity, and he even did his magic in turning a photo of me into something I thought was quite great. He did that just because he wanted to. He did the same for several other friends, and did so many things for people without being asked, or offered anything in return.

16. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 12 years ago

Chris you will be sadly missed by everyone who knew you on Hubpages, my heartfelt condolancies go out to you and your family at this sad time may you rest in peace and may your legacy live on forever in your honor.....jimmy

17. G-Ma Johnson profile image60
    G-Ma Johnsonposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6043642_f248.jpg

Cris...I have always heard "only the good die young"  but what will we ever do without your sweetness? your "Lurve you"'s, and your artwork, which will live on because no one can take that away.

My Prayers to your grieving family, and you have a special spot in this opld ladies heart...I miss you already and tears just don't want to stop since I read this news on FaceBook early this (very snowy) morning...God Rest your soul...yikes( Hugs G-Ma Johnson

18. Cassie Smith profile image59
    Cassie Smithposted 12 years ago

I just went to Cris A's hubpages and various websites.  I didn't know him very well but his artistic soul revealed in words and pictures is amazing. I'm sorry that I didn't get the chance to know him.

19. dipless profile image69
    diplessposted 12 years ago

This is very very sad and a loss for his family, HP and all who knew him. My condolences go out to his family and friends in this tough time. Such a shame.

20. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 12 years ago

I'm in shock.  Cris was a friend to so many of us here. 

Goldentoad......how ya been buddy?  Been a long time!  I miss those days around HP.

21. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

Oh Cris...

You were an inspiration to so many, and at the same time, the most humble and most sweet person I've ever met. You will be missed so very much...

God Bless you...

May all the tributes to you bring some small comfort to your family...

22. ReuVera profile image81
    ReuVeraposted 12 years ago

I refused to believe that it was true.... but evidently, it is....

I din't know Cris that well, besides following his hubs and his Facebook posts. Though I seldom interacted with him, I felt him as a friend, even so that it was just on a Facebook. I was always looking for his videos and his pictures. He was a real artist and definitely a very gentle person.

Can anyone here gather all the works that Cris made (his poems and pictures) in one book? In an e-book, maybe, or in a real book? Can we all together sponsor HIS book and make it published?

23. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 12 years ago

Cris....for once, I am at a loss of words.  LYM

24. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

I got this message from Cris's friend Karl on Facebook:

"hi cindy, i'm one of cris' friends here in the phils. just came back from his wake.

he died because of diabetes. his sugar level suddenly plunged. he died peacefully, in front of his computer. i guess he was still commenting on some of the entries in facebook.

he passed away jan 17 here, around 10am, manila time. kindly share this to some of his friends too..."

1. amurbach profile image59
      amurbachposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They do awakes the same day??? Just wondering.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know the time differences, so it may be the next day. In some hot countries burials take place within 24 hours as a matter of course. This may be the case there too.

25. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

Peace Cris....such a sweet man you were...noticed you were back a few weeks ago...now you're gone

26. A.I.D.Y profile image59
    A.I.D.Yposted 12 years ago

I started posting to HubPages three years ago and Chris was one of the first fans/friends I made here. Over the years, he became a pinnacle of inspiration to me and many others without selfishness. I will dearly miss him. I truly loved Chris. I hoped to have met him one day. He was a soul inspiration to me, his words  were my soul's desire. Many times, Chris gifted to me, and everyone here and elsewhere, angels wings.

Now, knowing we, I have lost you--I have traded in my wings, for the shadows once more.

I miss you.
    Silently loved you.
    I remain forever in your debt.

Goodbye, dearest Chris.

27. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 12 years ago

I remember Cris as an amazing artist and a very talented writer. He will be sorely missed! RIP, dude!

28. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I went to FB to find the info. But apparently it is all removed. I am in shock and disbelief. This cannot be true. They always go in 3's. This is to much to handle. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family. So sad. sad

1. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Julianna--His FB page is still up--is that what you were looking for?  It's in his full name, instead of Cris A. -- Cris Advincula...here's the link to it:

http://www.facebook.com/cris.advincula

29. Jlbowden profile image85
    Jlbowdenposted 12 years ago

I also did not personally know chris, but by looking over his poetry and other work, on his page. There was no doubt in my mind, that he was a very talented writer. And my condolences also go out to his family as well. There are so many of us who write here on this platform, that it is hard to become acquainted with everyone. Wouldn't it be nice; to get together at one central location in the future, where we all could gather for a week, as one big writing family and share our ideas and other attributes with one another. We in turn could get to know the real people behind the profile pictures,much better. So when an unexpected trajedy like this does happen. We can at least say we knew this talented individual. Who knows maybe someday this may happen.

Jl

30. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 12 years ago

I am in shock. The last time I talked to Cris in FB was last Dec. 23, when I asked him if he could do something for me. Little did I know that he would be taken from us less than a month after that.

He was a very dear hubber, one of the best. A cool guy, always willing to lend a hand (or a kind comment), very talented and very, very special.

Goodbye Cris! Rest in peace schoolmate.

31. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I only spoke with Cris a couple of times. My condolences to HubPages community and to his family.

32. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

He was a sweet, kind soul, and a talented artist. But mainly he was just a nice, thoughtful person. He paid attention to things, watched details, and took the time in his day to make small acts of kindness just because he could. We should all be so thoughtful.

33. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 12 years ago

I didn't know Cris. And somehow missed any of his Hubs until now. It's sad that it takes such a thing as a Hubber passing, to discover another great writer. I just read "I want to die on a rainy day" before commenting here. Cris wrote that great heartfelt poem just two weeks ago. He obviously must have known. My deepest sympathies and my condolences go out to his family. Cris will be missed.

1. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

He actually wrote it long ago, he removed his work from hub pages, some time ago, as it could not be published in two places, but he was coming back to us.

34. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

Cris, you are sorely missed.  When I saw you come back last month, I was elated.  Now, my heart is heavy with sadness.  sad  Will miss you!!

35. pinkdaisy profile image60
    pinkdaisyposted 12 years ago

Very sad news sad

36. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

It is true. Tam cor created a tribute thread to http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/91278 . I am still in disbelief. sad

37. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 12 years ago

This is shockingly sad news.  sad

38. Jlbowden profile image85

I consider myself to be far from a great writer. But I do wish I had some of the special talents Chris had, in composing such beautiful poetry. And I am also one, that could also learn so much; from how he brought words together through poems.

Jl

39. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 12 years ago

I've shed tears today for Cris Advincula.  He was a treasure who gave random acts of kindness for the sheer pleasure of giving.  And of course in return he received the gasping breaths laced with gratitude; I know it made him smile.

To Cris: you made me smile many times, from your gifts of artwork, your testimonial to me as a hubber under the guise of practicing your Publisher skills, your encouraging comments when I first dared to publish poetry, and of course your own poetry which proves beyond doubt your artistry in words.

Sending you love on your great journey.

40. dohn121 profile image80
    dohn121posted 12 years ago

A great light has gone out.

I've been on his Facebook and after reading everything I could find, it all points to the same thing sad I'm still in disbelief.  I hope that you are finally at peace.

I'm going to miss you Cris.  You are a true friend.

41. Enelle Lamb profile image72
    Enelle Lambposted 12 years ago

I am saddened by your passing my friend, but I know that wherever you now reside, your words will add illumination and beauty to all those who read them.
    Rest in Peace

42. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

I am distraught over Chris's death form diabetes and see that my friends right in my own town that have the condition do not take care of themselves. When will that end, I ask. I hate the condition diabetes.

43. Jlbowden profile image85

I have to tend to agree with patty here. Working within the pharma industry, I see a lot of people in the doctor's offices with Diabetes,as well as other debilitating conditions. Someday medical science will find a cure for all of these terrible illnesses. And when they do, we will hopefully be able to spend many more years in good company, with people like Chris. But in the meantime individuals still need to take care of themselves, with proper dieting methods etc...And also be made more educated about their conditons from healthcare experts. Even though Rx Drugs help many, they are not the whole solution to the problem either.

Jl

44. profile image0
    Vincent Mooreposted 12 years ago

Cris A. I know of your great talent, you and I shared a number of times and had respect for each others scribes. I always saw you as a loving, caring man and believe me when I say this from one poet to another. Your gifts will go with you to the other side and your legacy will be what you left us all here in the beautiful hubs you penned.

My fellow scribe RIP and may the angels on the left and right side of you gather you in their wings and forever bring you closer to love. Remember this my scribe you are on a continual journey and many will find you as we did here. You were a blessing to so many.

45. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

Rest In Peace, my friend, my inspiration.,

46. jcales profile image54
    jcalesposted 12 years ago

That is too bad. I hope everyone in his family finds peace in his transition.

47. Artisan Walker profile image59
    Artisan Walkerposted 12 years ago

Cris and I never met, but we had become friends, first here on HP, then on Facebook.  We supported each other when when each went through tragedy, one after the other.  We shared a love of good coffee and cigarettes, and we each had a smart-ass sense of humor.  I liked him very much.  I will miss him forever.  A shining star has gone out much too early.

Via con dios, my dear friend.

1. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was Cris' conversations with you, that made me realise what a wonderful wonderful man he was..... He was always so encouraging......  I think of you often, and glad to see your post..... hugs Brenda Scully.

48. Artisan Walker profile image59
    Artisan Walkerposted 12 years ago

Thank you. He was.  he was supportive of everyone, and I was always sure to be encouraging of his incredible talent, but I don't think he realized what a good artist he was.

49. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

I do not know about that, he was just very humble.  Maybe if he had been born in a different part of the world, where his abilities, would have given him a lot more money he would not have been the Cris we know.

Did you read his work about the time they had the floods, it is  not on hub pages, it is on his other site......  It cannot have done anyone's health any good at all

Although we feel he gave us so much, it must have been inspirational for him in some way to reach out to us.....  You and I and lots like us, were living muses for him......  I did read all your work, a few years ago, you used to publish every morning, I was a stalker of Cris' I knew if he took me to someone's work it was definately worth reading. 

I too felt numb when i found out, and cried a lot.  I usually cannot cry, so in some we even did my health good......

Stay in touch...... and the pain does get easier.   I feel united with some beautiful people he led me to.  We all have one thing in common, we followed the same bright star.....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)