A Thread Dedicated To Me

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (34 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Several religious hubbers have made repeated statements that they somehow own the threads here in the religious section. It sounds a little dubious, but I'm giving it a try. This is my thread. You were not allowed to post anything other than complimentary statements about me, or my views. Some appropriate posts might be;

Emile you are so wise.
    I've never run across a deeper spiritual soul.
    I bet you are pretty.
    I'm going to rush right over to your profile and follow you.

Or, anything along the above lines. You are welcome to use your imagination. Any creative compliment is welcome  Please stick to my rules, or I have the right to insult you. And anything said back is only you bickering.

I'd like to discuss what agnostics who are attempting to understand how the concept of God can still fit into our reality think. I've heard some say God is energy. How do you think we will ultimately prove this to be true? If you have other views I'd like to discuss them.

One more rule. The rules, as stated above, also apply for any other agnostic poster. Thanks.

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How's this?
      Emile you are so wise.
      I bet you are pretty. (Easy to confirm. Just use a real pic as your profile). big_smile
      I'm going to rush right over to your profile and follow you. (maybe. No promises).

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is a true picture, don't Ya know?

Pink indicates "Girlie"

Posture leaning BACK on the couch while sitting STRAIGHT up is indicitave of her agressive-nonagressive nature.

And the tossed red hair ?   ??  shows her Passion concerning everything which gets the attention of those deep blue piercing eyes.

And the picture being placed exactly as it was, with the great big 89 at the bottom of the picture indicates just the right amount of modesty.

She is a Doll.

1. profile image0
          Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Aw jerami. I think you're a sweetheart

But, about the picture. I see no point in posting pictures. We still don't have any proof that is a picture of the poster. It's a question of faith. As an agnostic, I still require proof. I could find one of me in a goofy pose and post it, though. I get a kick out of those.

2. pisean282311 profile image61
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@emile you forgot to write that u r intelligent person and logically sound...

1. profile image0

Drats. How did I forget that?

ANY SUBSEQUENT POSTERS, PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF PISEAN'S COMMENTS. THEY ARE NOW OFFICIAL THREAD RULES.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
          mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Since I've never seen you or met you in person, the only thing I can say is that you're cool.

As far as belief goes, I think we both know where I stand. I guess I would be a pseudo-atheist. I have an inkling as to what God is, but I don't think it's the same as the hebrew God. To me, God is a concept, though with deeper implications...

1. profile image0

That falls into the category of a creative compliment. Thanks. I find you interesting, even though I've been known to give you some grief.

And thanks for addressing the question at hand. I don't know that I agree with your assessment of the whole idea of God, but you certainly bring up valid points. I honestly think there is more to it than simply an extension of ourselves (which has always been my understanding of your posts).

1. mischeviousme profile image60
              mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Everything one experiences, is an extension of the individual observer. To put it simply... What I experience in life is for me, therefor it is an extension of my self. The same would go for anyone else, unless their brainwashed.

3. jacharless profile image76
      jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMBO! Brilliant Emile, just brilliant.

Atheist is to theist as agnostic is to gnostic (?).

The journey towards experiencing Creator [manifest] should only be attempted by the later perspectives. They are void of doctrines and certainly the limitations imposed by those doctrines.

The relentless persistence of doctrine defies the very relevance of the doctrines desire. But, Purity covers Quality. In my own [gnostic elitist grin] experience, Quality is doctrine. A satisfaction and complacency piled high with do/do not, to keep the dream alive. Because doctrine lacks validity of the testimony presented pro AND con. A/theist battle of their identical gods (egos) will never end until both are dead...

Should the a/gnostic try to turn their stiff necks? Very good question.
      You have your work cut out -by all parameters- and feedback should definitely be entertaining.

James.

4. profile image0
      jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great Emile

2. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 12 years ago

Drats!

I'm already following you! smile

1. profile image0

lol I did want to talk about ideas on the spiritual, but a post dedicated to compliments works great too. smile

I'll respond in kind. I bet you're a teddy bear in person. You seem as if you have a great sense of humor. smile

3. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

have we met before somewhere.....

4. Eric Newland profile image62
    Eric Newlandposted 12 years ago

You don't HAVE to post a thread about yourself, you know. No one's MAKING you. You can always post SOMEWHERE ELSE. You could post in another thread, in another forum, on another website, maybe even on a completely different Internet on another planet on an alternate universe, if you so choose. So there's definitely no REQUIREMENT that you post here, if you have some kind of problem with something.

But being such an intelligent and logically sound person I'm sure you already knew that. big_smile

1. profile image0

lol

5. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

@Emile

Emile you are so wise.
    I bet you are pretty.
    You are intelligent and logical
    I'm already following you.

-paradigmsearch

Hey, everyone! Emile needs 3 more followers to hit 100. Let's make it happen!

1. profile image0

Hey I didn't see this post. I didn't start this thread to gain anything, but that's a boonie. smile You guys have been great. If it wasn't for the hilarious comments this would have been a crappy day.

6. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Emile..

You have chosen to write on a website with many talented Greek people...

Congrats and keep up the good work!

7. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Our avitar usually has something to do with our perseption of ourselves
      Mine ?  The peace and tranquility that I find in my back yard.

8. profile image0
    bri36posted 12 years ago

I think your right Emile, proof is just a concept when it's one sided. The larger question is which side of proof are you looking for? The side that seeks proof will always ask, the side the has proof never shows it, and the rest of us just believe that G-d is. What more is there to prove?")

1. profile image0

I guess I should clarify. I believe in the spiritual. I feel that I have the proof I need. I simply think the religious are projecting their desires into their belief when it comes to a deity.  I think it is wrong to quantify, or define. Simply because we have no data.  If whatever the force is wanted us to know for sure, I think we would. And any that go around puffed up, claiming they know the one and only true way are more lost than the rest of us.

So, basically, I think we are on the same page.

9. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

I am follower number 98 just 2 more now.....

10. profile image0
    bri36posted 12 years ago

Makes sense to me Emile, we have always seen the same sunrise the same way so I will wait and see who comes the closest to your question and if any of them have the FAITH to take a leap into the energy of ALL

"I'd like to discuss what agnostics who are attempting to understand how the concept of God can still fit into our reality think. I've heard some say God is energy. How do you think we will ultimately prove this to be true? If you have other views I'd like to discuss them."

Remember the rules, what is said has to be worth listerning to right?

11. Disappearinghead profile image59
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

I like you Emile. You are clearly intelligent and your forum land posts are thoughtful. You don't post gibberish dressed up in esoteric ideas that only the enlightened can understand, and you don't parrot the ideas of others. On the contrary, I find your posts to be full of clarity. I could go on, but wouldn't want your head to swell to the size of a dustbin. Keep it up, I'm a fan, if only for your cheek for posting this thread.

1. profile image0

That might have been laying it on a little too thick, but that's ok. I take the compliments any way I can.

But, I'm your fan too. There's a few of you that post profoundly enough to keep me interested. Without you guys, I doubt this forum would be worth hanging around in.

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you too Emile, you are too kind.

12. hookedhuntress profile image60
    hookedhuntressposted 12 years ago

Emile, you are fabulously hilarious for making this thread.
    Although we may not share the same beliefs,I respect what you have to say.

I will be follower #99! *wonders if that means I'm in a cult now*  tongue

13. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

All of what you said Emile! A thread to make us smile. As for those who are declaring the religious threads, it appears they are acting like the cats who spray my bushes.

14. dmop profile image80
    dmopposted 12 years ago

Interesting debate, I have no proof of my beliefs, just my own experiences, which are mine alone and would do no one any good if I shared them. I guess I'm follower number 100, so what did I win, lol.

15. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Glad to know you're finally cutting out your own slice of turf here Emile. I remember when you first joined our community before you made a gazillion forum posts.

1. profile image0

You are incredibly polite. I think you've courteously suggested I get a life. smile

Blame the I Pod. I live a hurry up and wait existence. I have too much time on my hands.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image60
        Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not suggesting anything, just reminiscing

1. profile image0

Well, it was a valid point. Even if you didn't mean to make it. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)