Hubs with no pictures?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years ago

What do we think?  I've done a large series of hubs on dogs and there simply aren't images of most of them available.  Unless I take bits of other people's images without permission and edit them...

What do people think about no image hubs?

Oh nd yes I have done the obvious and asked permission to use images etc etc and no go.

1. Kmadhav profile image61
      Kmadhavposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just check my profile http://hubpages.com/profile/Kmadhav
      my all hubs are without images and they are all doing well...Generally I put my own pic in hubs. ....But the main thing is Your worthy content...Yes pics in hubs is great thing to making a good hub. Use google adword keyword tool for best keyword...

Cheers
      smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

How about using Amazon ads for those dogs? I'm sure if you are selling it on the site you could use those images. I did that once for Roseann.

3. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I have several hubs without pictures, but these still do well with the search engines. I only like to use my own pictures, but I can only write when using all of my own material.

4. Elena. profile image84
    Elena.posted 14 years ago

I have a few hubs without images, I think it depends on the content --the introspective, thoughtful type hubs are fine without pictures in my opinion.

I thought Flick images could be used if you credit the author?  Maybe not.  Storytellersus did a couple of great hubs on rights for images.

5. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I know people can use creative commons pictures on Flickr, so I am sure you can do that.  Just ask the photographer first and they should be okay with that.  I did that with a hub I wrote once, but then I took down the picture because personally my creativity flows with my own photographs.  I have written several fun hubs without photgraphs, which do well with the search engines.

6. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

I use flickr with a link back to the photographer or sxc.hu - but I dont know how they are for dogs
    Also check wikipedia for creative oommons images

7. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

But people really dig pictures, no kidding. Everytime someone comments on my hubs, they always say something nice about the pictures. But you gotta take permission.

8. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Most times I only look at the pictures !

1. Enelle Lamb profile image74
      Enelle Lambposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Bad - that explains a lot big_smile

9. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years ago

Thanks all.  I've trawled flickr etc but not any that are allowed to use.

Tried asking websites offering them for sale 9the dogs that is not the pictures) and they said no.

Am tempted to take a PART of one of their images and use...problem is I WOULD get caught if I infringe copyright as these are articles where there is virtually no content out there...

10. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

This is an interesting issue. I understood that if you only used part of an image and manipulated it, that would not be copyright infringement, no? But if you manipulate the images too much, you may make them non-usable...
    Are there nay other sources you have access to from print media?

11. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I take it it's for your hubs on hybrid dogs?

Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is indeed

12. Army Infantry Mom profile image61
    Army Infantry Momposted 14 years ago

Oh No,..Guess I'm in trouble,..I never asked for permission,..Thought if they put it on photobucket it because they wanted people to use them. Gee,..being a Newbi can be hard and confusing.

13. profile image0
    Royal Diademposted 14 years ago

I am a newbi too, but I will not give up

14. lindagoffigan profile image58
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

If you are having a problem finding pictures do what uninvited writer suggested and use amazon picture of book covers for images of your dogs.  If you are monetizing then Google Adsense is only interested in text.  If you are looking for a relevant audience then you should use pictures.  It all depends on your purpose for writing your hubpage as to the importance of images.

There AREN'T any books on these.  There are not even any articles mine are the first on the net!  Pictures simply don't exist apart from a very few sites which offer no text... and won't let me use their pictures even for a backlink.

15. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 14 years ago

I like the visuals- maybe it's because I'm an artist but pictures do draw me in. Google free photos and images and you will find some sites, not the greatest but maybe you will find some pics you can use.

Nope there's nothing.  Think cheetah tiger cross.  How many pictures are there.  None - maybe a couple of sites and they are all saying no.  I don't have any problem googling, there's not the images out there.

16. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 14 years ago

Just found this great resource for photos: FREE. All you have to do is give the site credit. There are some really nice images- and they say they are the largest free photo site on the web.

http://www.freefoto.com/index.jsp

Thanks Dorsi I already have this - I don't have trouble finding images, there just AREN'T any of these things to be found - apart from a very few on largely about 3 sites...

17. embitca profile image86
    embitcaposted 14 years ago

You know what you might try, Julie-Ann. Add a request for photos in each of your hubs. You could post it at the bottom of each hub that you would  love to post photos for any owners who would like to share. I bet you will get some takers.

Also, if you have Craigslist in your area, maybe you could post on Craigslist that you are looking for photos of particular types of dogs. You could even offer to go out and take photos if you are really keen.

I'm thinking that's the only way to go!  Thanks

18. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I think pictures make a Hub look nice, but then again I'm not looking for pictures in any number of things I read.  Newspapers, reference books, other books etc. - there are lots of things that don't have pictures.

19. soni2006 profile image78
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

But I have noticed that hubs with at least 5 pics as suggested by hubpages work very well. Pics, videos, and good links are a bonus for a good writer.

20. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 14 years ago

I don't have pictures on any of my hubs and I'm sure this has some effect on my scores or something. But writing is hard enough work without having to look for pictures too! tongue

Having said that, I do enjoy seeing pictures on hubs (some of Elena's and Chris A's are visual delights...and I love all those cuddly animal pix) but in general the presence or not of pictures doesn't make much difference to my reading experience.

21. soni2006 profile image78
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

that's great Feline Prophet

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)