What is Satan is the Prince of this world?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 10 years ago

Many Christians say that Satan is the prince of this world.   IF So,  What was he doing when organized Christianity was being constructed by the Roman Empire in 326 AD?
    And where was Satan when Mohamed was establishing Islam?
          What IF ?   
    What if (and I believe there is) a higher power that we have come to call GOD.?                                                          A rose by any other name is still a rose.
    What if Jesus was the Messiah which was spoken of  To The Hebrews  (I believe he was) as described in the O.T.?
    What If everything which Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24, did happen exactly the way he said that it would?    “This generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled”.
      The end of days did come for that Hebrew Nation of which Jesus was speaking to,  (beginning in 135 AD) as he said that it would.   What If he did come again in a way as has come to be called the second coming?
          What if 300 years pass (after he died) and 200 years after the Hebrew Nation ceased to be, before a governmental power constructs a religious organization for the purpose of uniting ALL the people.
    What if they misinterpreted The message as recorded in Matthew 24,  in such a way that everyone understood it to mean these things haven’t happened yet?  Always to be an event to happen in the near future?
    This would cause great confusion in their efforts to keep the misinterpretation hidden.   
    It would then become necessary to misinterpret many other things which is written. 
    What the heck?  Why not let everyone misinterpret every thing that pleases them.
    If we have 1,000,000 people and everyone is 90% correct in their individual beliefs, no one would be correct.  We would All be wrong!

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Controlling the deception?

After all it was in the enemies best interest to deceive folk for longer from knowing the power and authority that humans gain, in the name of Christ, once they have revoked the enemies authority (as the 'prince of this world') and elect to accept the authority of Christ over their lives and their world.

Jeramiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I gotta agree with you, Satan was in charge if he isn't part of the deception?

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It would seem that Satan is merely an excuse for believers to not take responsibility for their own actions, allowing them the opportunity to do whatever they want and then shift the burden of responsibility to an evil, invisible super being. They are indeed forgiven for their trespasses as they continue to trespass in a circular system of deception and dishonesty.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's right

2. Jerami profile image58

Not much different than when you shift responsibility for all the evils of the world upon All Christians.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Not true, there are other religions that cause a lot of conflict and wars, Christianity does not have a monopoly on evil.

There is actually evidence for this, where is your evidence for Satan?

2. skye2day profile image67
      skye2dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jerami, This reply of mine also goes with your question above. (about religion) Exactly what the devil wants to do, deceive mankind. To divide man from God. His only purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. John 10:10 He uses religion to tear apart mankind. He is behind all the evil in this fallen world. This is why God gave us a Bible. It is His letter to us. Prophecy is unfolding exactly as written in Gods word.  It will be fulfilled. The devil has one goal in mind take people to the pits of hell with him and to separate man from the love of Jesus Christ for all eternity. He hates that Jesus loves us and laid down his life for all the world so we could spend eternity with Jesus, forgiven.  So we would not die in our sin. Jesus forgives, he redeems. There is an enemy, the  adversary, the devil. All we have to do is look out the window.  There is one way to be saved though Jesus Christ. Bottom line. No other god will take us to heaven. No other god died for you or I. The devil has most of mankind believing the lies. He is the father of lies. John 8:44. The good news is this Jesus returns and those that believe belong to him. Nothing can separate us from the love of Jesus. The gates of hell shall not prevail. Jesus already defeated satan.

In all sincerity I pray that you would see with the eyes of Jesus. Ask him and you will be saved. John 3:16. In all sincerity. I too was once lost now saved. My Love, Skye

kye2day ..Thank you for your kind and loving response.

Without discussing who or what Satan is;  let me say,  I agree with you that he does use religion to tear apart mankind. This is why I ask the Question," Where was he and what do you suppose he was doing while all of the religious teachers that met in Nicaea in 326 AD were arguing about how to construct this new "Universal" religion?     I betcha he was there involved in this argument concerning what was included and excluded into the canon but also how the church authority was to be distributed. The Emperor was the Ultimate authority over all matters of the church. 

It would seem that he was also involved when it was decided HOW Those people would be handled that didn't support this new "Universal" religion.  In the short span of 44 years this religion gained enough strength that the Emperor proclaimed it to be  "THE"  One and only acceptable religion through out the Roman Empire

The Church did not turn the other cheek to those that opposed it; as Jesus directs us to do.                I think Satan must have been involved in the carrying out of punishment to those believers of different faith.   In fact, Satan could have had authority over the Emperor,  ????

230 years prior to this council of Nicaea, John was given a vision of an organization such as this that would rise up to power, that would be so close to the truth that it would "IF" possible fool the even Elect...   

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the God of Abraham, and that Jesus IS our Savior.                 And I believe everything that he said in Matthew 24 did take place exactly as he said it would.             “This generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled”.  We have been taught a different interpretation for so long that it is hard to see things any differently.
        Religion is both a good thing and a bad thing. In my opinion Religiousity is the beast that rose up out of the sea as described in Rev. 13.  The word BEAST in prophesy instills a feeling of a bad thing.  Alexander the great was seen as “A” messiah (savior) when he liberated the Hebrew Peoples from the oppression of Babylon and yet he was seen as a beast (Goat) in Daniels visions.
        I could go on for ever ….    Tiss enough for now.                                                                                  I'm a believer, I just believe differently than most folks

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 10 years ago

,,,,i don't understand the first sentence re satan being the prince of the world....the word prince infers the head of something..to me, it infers to me - some kind of ruler???????.....well....that's what i get from that first sentence......do christians believe that.....or refer to satan that way??????  .....lol!

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 10 years ago

....i luv these religious threads.......................................

Me too     Bed time

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 10 years agoin reply to this

g'nite Jerami!......i'm off to lala land too!

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 10 years ago

I love you Jerami. Out of all the religious posters I find you most fascinating. And, it's funny to watch people read your thoughts on it, agree yet it doesn't apply to their interpretation. Yes, everyone is deceived, but them. Confusion reigns eternal, I guess.

Emil ..  everything you said and more back atcha.
      If there is a higher power (and I believe there is)  it would have to be in mankind's best interest for us to not know what the ultimate truth is (I think).

Maybe ...  in the beginning, when our spirits first experienced physical form, we did know all things, and we messed it up terribly. And this being the origin of the story of the flood.

But what do I know ?   us ALL being deceived and all.
      And the story of the Tower of Babel having nothing to do with languages but a spirit of argumentation and confusion.

I gotta take a friend about 60 miles to a specific hospital  and will be gone all day.

5. Zelkiiro profile image88
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

Satan/Lucifer/The Devil is just one of many constructs invented by the Church to control and manipulate people into being subservient drones. Nothing more, nothing less.

Satan;s  existence or not, has nothing to do really with the intent of this posts. 
      I suppose the meat of the matter was too vague.

Yes, Satan controls the World

My logic, 85% of the people of this world beliveve in God. Most people are controled by fear rather than love, Me personally, I'm part of the 10% fearless moo, mooo moo hahhah   mohahaha MOOO HAAA HAAA

I see it as me belonging to the 100% ,  believing and u-a- skeerd

mooo haaa haaa

just noticed ...   suppost ta have been un-a-skerd

I don't fear God or the devil, like the good Holly book tell you to do.
                I love everybody by of power of love not by the love of power, like you know who.

Actually you don't know who, it's your holly ghost and evil around every corner, so be beware of everything.
                  mooo haaa

Me never.........least wise .....   no more than I do the dark side of my self.   or somtin like dat.

Your God lives in the dark and Satan is on Fire.
                    What extreme choices...

6. aware profile image66
    awareposted 10 years ago

why didnt god just kill satan? why did god build him a house?

Why kill Satan?   If he did tha, in all fairness (?)  he would have to kill the next worst person, then the next ... and the next ... etc ... etc   where would it end?
          Before long you or I would be next ???

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Baloney, kill Satan and all of our problems of evil disappear. Simple solution.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
          Disappearingheadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I know God is omnipotent but how could even he kill something that only exists in the minds of evangelical Christians? Oh and Muslims too who took their ideas of satan from Christians.

simple answer for a simple mind

7. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 10 years ago

Save Satan

8. Castlepaloma profile image75

Do not kill him, Satan is the greatest drawing card  toward christainity. More fear of pain in the forever afterlife.

9. Castlepaloma profile image75

Atheist read more about your God then Christian do , That is why they don't follow him.
    God's Yahweh has got to be a man, no women can screw up so bad.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)