3 Things That Will Bring America's Downfall!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (133 posts)
  1. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 10 years ago

I love America so much and I really hope to see America last longer as the world's most powerful nation, but not with the way things are going right now in America.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, I have studied the American society from afar and I have come to discover three major things that will bring about the disheartening fall of the great American nation, that's if Americans do not start now to do things that will avert that disaster ahead of them.

And what are the 3 things that will bring this mayhem to America?

1. Feminism
    2. Legalizing homosexuality and homosexual marriage
    3. Enforcing democracy and equal human right on other nations of the world.

I won't go into details here because I am already compiling a hub on this topic and a possible book too.

But before I go, I want you guys to hear what Zimbabwean president told Obama when he tried to convince him to legalize homosexuality in Zimbabwe.

President Mugabe to President Obama: "if you want me to legalize gay marriage in Zimbabwe, please allow me to marry you first"

American and European leaders pushing for legalization of gay marriage are married to the opposite sex...and even the law of nature forbids this as we can see in a magnet.

Like terms repel while unlike terms attract...that's a natural phenomenon.

People trying to marry their gender were all born by parents of opposite sex, but now they want to torture innocent unborn children with their same sex marriage.

Meditate on this and my initial points.

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 10 years agoin reply to this

SO you are taking a murderous dictators view on something... I wouldn't use Mugabe as an authoritative source.

But you know what? Tons of countries have legalized same sex marriage, and they are ALL doing just fine.

As for Feminism we have had that for... 50 years at least and the results have been excellent, women in the workplace, women leading in scientific fields, women leading in politics.

As for Democracy I don't think America should force it or anything else on any country. But no country needs a dictatorship, that is a twisted and evil system.

But let's look at it this way. The most successful nations on earth either have completely or partially legalized same sex marriage (including the US and most of Europe), the most successful nations on earth have and have had strong feminist influences and the most successful nations on Earth are democracies. So if those systems are not the best how come those are the most successful?

2. Zelkiiro profile image86
      Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I already knew just from the title that this thread was gonna be stupid, but...wow.

1. profile image0
        mbuggiehposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!

3. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Feminism and legalizing homosexuality and homosexual marriage will bring mayhem to America? Lay off the pipe! What will bring down any nation is a government fulled with religious idiots that push their BS biblical agenda on the masses.  History will show that religion in government is nothing but an anchor to a progressive nation. The only thing this nation is number one is our military. Other than that we suck at everything else especially when it comes to education, healthcare, human resources, and  so on.

4. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
      Dr Billy Kiddposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Great hub. Starting out with a troll: I have women. Great start.

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90

Typo: I hate women was a great start for a hub.

5. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You've got some good points.
      The first one, though, I would replace with
      Unbalanced feminism/masculinism.    (Is there such a word as masculinism?  ha).    Anyway, although I agree that feminism has caused most of the problem between the sexes and divorce issues and etc.,  and that men need to start taking back their rights!.........I also know that there has to be a balance between the two.   Men aren't supposed to be tyrants;  women aren't supposed to either!

The second point goes without any argument from me;  it's spot-on;  it's obvious; and it's an insidious and hateful attempt to change American law from what it was meant to be to something entirely different and immoral.

Your third point, while relevant,  I would replace with evolutionism,  if you're only using 3 points.

By the way,  I know nothing about President Mugabe, but HURRAY for what he said to Obama!   American politicians need to have that kind of guts in front of their/our current tyrant!

1. profile image0

As for Mr Mugabe whom you applaud: Do a web search about his rape gangs---that trained young boys to rape and brutalize girls---many under the age of 12, and who then were trained to use the rape of little girls to achieve Mugabe's political goals and objectives.

1. profile image0

Thanks, I might do that.
          But that has no bearing on my applause of his words to Obama.   I said he had guts by saying what he did.   It is in no way an approval of anything else he has done or will do or might do, because I know nothing of else about him, as I said.     If you'll notice, I applauded one particular set of words that he said to Obama (which were spot-ON).    I didn't applaud HIM as you suggest.   I believe you can see the difference.

1. profile image0

Brenda, You say that all homosexuals seeking marriage are "insidious" and "hateful" in our pursuit of marriage. You mark us all as immoral.

So...

Would you ever applaud a gay person who stands up to the dictatorship of conservtives and demands what he or she believes are basic human rights---such as marriage, and say "hoorah" for that gay person for having the courge to challenge the dictatorship of the right?

1. profile image57
              Education Answerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How are conservatives dictators?  Is this hyperbole, or do you really think conservatives control our government?

1. profile image0

I will assume you are capable of understanding my point and understanding that I did NOT say that conservatives are dictators, did NOT suggest that conservatives control the government, and did not posit that the government is engaged in any form of dictatorship.

1. profile image57

I will assume then that you will pontificate about your statement of ". . .stands up to the dictatorship of conservtives [sic]," so that I will better understand what your point is.  What are you saying about conservatives?

1. profile image0

Absolutely nothing.

There are no conservative values in this forum and there are no conservatives posting in this forum.

2. profile image0

Once again,  you generalize too much.
              I said the agenda to legalize homosexuality is insidious, yes.   I did not say that all homosexuals are insidious.    I happen to know homosexuals who do NOT want gay marriage legalized!   Is that shocking to you?   It shouldn't be.   People know they're around;  people know they exist.   Yet their heartfelt motives and their stories are ignored or mocked or blasted by the liberal activists.   The people who actually admit they have a problem and want to change their lives (some of whom actually seek help from others and from society in general) are discriminated against and shunned.    Those are the true heroes of this issue---the people who really want to change their lives yet meet resistance from the powerful Left and other cruel judgemental elements of society.

Secondly, there is no "dictatorship of the Right".
              There never has been.
              There has only been right and wrong.   America used to be in the right on this issue.   That's not a dictatorship;  that's an abiding of the laws of God that our Country's laws were based on as per this issue.
              There is only the dictatorship of the Left that we now have.
              In your scenario, not I wouldn't applaud that person.   Because it wouldn't be "courageous" at all.   It would be audaciously wicked according to the laws of God and the original laws of American society.    You'll notice I don't applaud Obama for it,  and he's the main one that has basically done what you've described.   The only thing he hasn't done yet is admit that he's homosexual.   Maybe he's not, but his words, actions, and agenda definitely indicate such.    But then again, it could be just that twisted desire of his for fame and power that drives his agenda.   Either way,  he's just plain wrong and tyrannical and anti-Christian and anti-American.    I hope surely you haven't overlooked his outright statement of his plan to change America from it's very foundation.

1. Josak profile image60

Yeah and here were slaves who opposed the end of slavery. In about the same proportion actually.

Brenda's are argument here is basically "Some gay people want to be oppressed, that makes oppressing all gay people fine".

It's totally fine of some gay people don't want to get married, they don't have to, but neither they or you have any right to tell people who they can or can't marry.

Seriously why are we even having this discussion? It's been over for years, the public already supports legalization it's happening in dozens of states and the people who oppose it are dying off quickly.

1. profile image0

Says you.
                  I'm pretty sure you're overlooking the part of the younger generation who are conservative.   Just because they don't whine and holler like the liberal activists doesn't mean they're not alive and valid and powerful, and potentially the heroes of the next generation(s) to come.
                  Sorry, Josak, but not every conservative is middle-aged like me.   
                  And even if they're outnumbered now or later,  it doesn't mean they/we are all "dying off"!    I've had this conversation before with people,and it's very insulting when someone hints that they want people to "die off".    Perhaps your manners went the way of your political leanings----uncaring and rude.

I've begun to wonder what people would think if conservatives started perpetuating the notion that liberals should just "die off"...............?

1. John Holden profile image60
                    John Holdenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

But they do, and they censor us and stifle freedom of expression. Oops forgot, I'm not a liberal, just have a liberal attitude to my fellow men.

2. Josak profile image60

I never said I wanted them to I just noted (correctly) that they are. The youth vote went to Obama by a massive margin, the elderly vote to Romney. The percentage of under 25s who oppose the legalization of same sex marriage is around 20% almost 80 in support of legalization.

It's just a waiting game now, well except in the 14 states where it has already been legalized and probably two more by February.

Oppression always fails.

3. profile image0

I am sorry, but even among self-described conservative and Christian youth---30 and under, there is support FOR same-sex marriage and gay rights.

2. profile image0

I agree Josak. The logic presented is that if some gay and lesbian people have so deeply internalized homophobia that they seek and embrace oppression, then oppression of all gays and lesbians is a-ok.

And yes, The issue of same-sex marriage is basically a near-dead horse.

So anyone who supports the rights of gay and lesbian people must be a homosexual---whether he or she admits it or not?

Ask me about the gay analog to this thinking...

3. profile image0

Brenda: Did you ever ask a gay person why they grieve when their same-sex partner or spouse dies?

1. profile image0

No.  I don't have to.
                  They would, I'm sure, grieve for someone they cared for just as anyone would grieve for someone they cared for.   That doesn't in any way re-define the facts.
                  I would grieve for any gay person I was close to just as I'd grieve for anyone else I was close to, or for gay people I'm not close to, even!
                  Sorry, but you can't change the facts, no matter what.
                  Trying to say that gay people have feelings is irrelevant, because any human has feelings of love, grief, sadness, happiness, whatever.   Your question is actually a cut-down of gay people, the way I see it.   I really don't know of anyone who doesn't know that gay people have feelings just as any human does.    The problem is with their physical attachment to that person, not to their feelings of love and caring,  because we are ALL supposed to love and care for everyone.   We're just not supposed to have sexual interaction with, nor perpetuate the idea of sexual interaction with, a person of the same gender.
                  I don't understand why people confuse themselves (and try to confuse others) over this stuff.

1. profile image0

And once upon a time and not too long ago, it was illegal to love and to be sexually attracted to and marry people of a different race--because we were "not supposed" to.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

I'd argue about the first two, but it seems you still consider the US the most powerful nation on earth. I think you may want to research that first.

Worst healthcare, worst legal system, most expensive political campaigns...

3. accofranco profile image78

@WryLilt, I would love to read your argument. Meanwhile, America remains the most power nation in the world for now. I know about rising China Ppls Republic, I know about Switzerland and German economy, I know about Norway and some other countries, but still, America remains the number one nation of the world or can you name another country you think is the number one?

Back to topic, feminism will destroy America, how? It is already destroying the American women! Feminism has gradually managed to exploit the American men in favour of the American women in the name of feminism.

Feminism has succeeded in making the American nation a male weak nation.

Marriage divorce favours American women, hence divorce is on the high rate while American men are scared to marry for fear of loosing their life earnings to a woman.

Jobs, opportunities, etc are being offered to American women to the detriment of the American men just to satisfy feminism.

Soon, many American men will stop marrying and their women will become more frustrated and that would lead to increase in gay marriages, which would in turn weaken the American society.

I have a better article where this is clearly explained, maybe I will post the link later for you and others to read and be aware of the harm feminism is causing the American women clamouring for feminism.

I don't want to say more about gay marriage because its against the law of nature. Out of American government's quest to ensure human right, they have destroyed the world and their own used-to-be great nation.

How can you legalise people of the same gender to marry and be reproducing through scientific means? Isn't that abnormal? How do they plan to raise these innocent unborn kids? What sanity and moral do they plan to teach these innocent unborn kids?

It is a crime against children; to be born by a man married to a man or a woman married to a fellow woman! Gosh! How do these people even reason?

Excess of freedom and quest to satisfy every human have led America and other civilised nations astray and future will never be happy with them!

My last point: enforcing democracy in other countries.

Democracy is a system of government and not the system of government. It is one of many types of government, and should be practised by countries that feels it is the best for them and not being indirectly imposed on other nations as the best way of governance or leadership.

Not all nations are supposed to be governed by democracy. Some countries need a dictator, yes. While some need a monarch government and others a parliamentary government.

Every country ought to look at their people, culture, tradition, beliefs and norms and then construct or decide the best system of government to practice, and not adopting another country's system of government that won't work in their own country due to culture, tradition, beliefs and norms.

Let me stop here for now.

1. ChristinS profile image40
      ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, please do.

accofrancoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

With time, feminism will create a very dissatisfied society and the outcome will be in the likes of: increased suicide attacks, mass killings, men's withdrawal from marriage, and leaving women with a few option of men to chose from...and that will create a high scarcity-to-excess-demand market...which will in turn lead women to another war within themselves, the great war of elimination and survival of the fittest with increased rate of same-sex marriage.

The world will be in total mess then....wait and see.

Scroll down and check the link I dropped

1. Josak profile image60

We have waited fifty years... Nothing happened, endless doomsday predictions never coming to anything.

2. Josak profile image60

Which relies on the completely false presumption that marriage is essential somehow. It's not. There is not and never will be a lack of men for women, that;s a simple biological imperative. Interest in marriage has dropped in both genders but interest in long term relationships has increased so there isn't any problem.

3. ChristinS profile image40

The sad thing is, I think you actually believe this tripe.  If you want to live in a society that subjugates women and keeps them in their "proper place" move to Saudi Arabia or some of the other countries where women have to be covered up and have no rights.  Here we are moving into a modern era and it can't come soon enough. 

It is VERY apparent that a few people here have no idea what a feminist actually is.  I am a feminist.  I love men, I am very girly and I have a husband who I love and respect, because he also sees me as his equal - not someone he has to keep in line.  When there are more men like him - women will have a decent lot of men to choose from and partnerships will be more equal.  YAY 

Thankfully, more and more men are now standing up for the rights of women - the real men, the good men who are strong and don't feel threatened by equality.

4. profile image0

Are you blaming same-sex marriage for terrorism?

2. profile image0

Exactly.

Is this a joke? It's not April 1 is it?

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'll admit, I wondered for a minute myself.

smile

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Stop it!  You're killing me! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Feminism makes men stop marrying, so their women will be frustrated and become lesbian instead? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

1. profile image0

wink

2. profile image0

Wasn't that frickin' awesome?!?!?!!??  I laughed till tears rolled down my face.

3. profile image57

"Every country ought to look at their people, culture, tradition, beliefs and norms and then construct or decide the best system of government to practice, and not adopting another country's system of government that won't work in their own country due to culture, tradition, beliefs and norms."

On this paragraph, we can totally agree.

4. accofranco profile image78

Lastly, remember, whenever u alter a natural phenomenon or form, it always leads to negative result.

For instance, man in the cause of scientific, engineering, industrial and etc adventure has altered the earth's natural environment, and which has resulted to so many negative effects we are witnessing in the whole world today: global warming, desertification, flooding, climate change in general and other bad results.

So the same way, America has altered so many natural law in life and will page hugely for it.

Feminism is an alteration to natural law. Yes, women should not be mistreated or maltreated but the answer isn't feminism.

Same sex marriage is an alteration to natural law and America and the whole world will pay hugely for this inhumane practice!

And many others.

Government exist to enforce law and order in a society and not allow and permit every human want and fantasies.

It is the responsibility of a good government to guide the people it is leading to make good decisions and not leading them in making destructive decisions in the name of human right.

In future to come, some insane humans will come up with the idea of having affairs and getting married to animals, and with time, they will also demand for the right to marry animals of their choice and reproduce with such animals, and the government in their unguarded quest to grant people human right will also legalise human marriage with animals, instead of cautioning people and bringing them back to their natural senses that it is a taboo!

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So how does it feel to live in the 1800's?

2. profile image0

What century is this?

5. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 10 years ago

Feminism and gay marriage are about as likely to destroy America as the abolition of slavery and the repeal of the prohibition laws.  Please join the 21st century.  The rest of us will welcome you.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
      Mighty Momposted 10 years agoin reply to this

smile

6. aliasis profile image73
    aliasisposted 10 years ago

Lol OP is a troll... right? Right? I mean, people don't actually think the fight for gender equality is bad... I, I mean, my calendar does say 2013. And gay marriage? really? no one actually thinks that couples falling in love and getting married is DESTROYING AMERICA...

yeah. It's gotta be a troll.

If calling me a troll will make you feel good and justified hun, then let it be...enjoy your day ahead...and try learn something good from this to alleviate yourself from the hypocritical feminist ideologists that's backfiring on those buying the idea.

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90

Actually, 50 years ago, "dumb broad" was a common expression and so was "woman driver." Both were used in the context of a put down and women accepted it. There's a thousand other reasons I support women in their fight for equality--in 20% of the nations, women are slaves, who must obey the men in their families, including being married at 9 or being burned at the stake because she got raped.

Pointing out fact makes me feel good when people learn from them. But most of us do not learn very easily, including me. It's difficult to learn new lessons beyond what we heard when we were children.

Please, no offense. If I lived where you lived I'll probably vent just the way you do.

2. profile image0

I love the part about how divorce is all due to feminism...and that eventually, the frustration of women who can't find husbands will lead to gay marriage.

Can you say, WTF?

1. Zelkiiro profile image86

I especially love how they imply that women are the ones who have no options for mates when, in reality, it's about as far from the truth as you can possibly get.

When it comes to the topic of the ideal relationship, I'll let this section of this video do the talking.

1. profile image0

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!  That was funny as heck!  And oh, sooooo true!

7. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 10 years ago

All I can say to this is that anyone thinking gay marriage should not be legalized because two magnetic north poles oppose each other has a real problem.

1. profile image53
      AnalogousMethodposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I remember reading an article about a chem student in Nigeria? recently who "proved" that homosexuality is wrong by using magnets. Who knows how many people read that and believed it.

But hey, I used to always carry a magnet around with me, waiting for it to pull me to my true love.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Didn't work for me.  Been married for 37 years now, to the same woman, but never carried a magnet to find her.  Maybe it was that spinning, molten ball of iron at the earth's core instead.

2. accofranco profile image78

You read it with a negative mindset so there is no way you could have understood the point in the article.

When Adolf Hitler called on Germans to support him to conquer the world and wipe off their debts...and to rule every other nation and take charge of their natural resources and everything, Germans never saw anything bad in the idea....to them in the 1930s, Adolf Hitler was their hero...to them, his acts were good...to Germans of 1930s, Hitler was in fact, the greatest of all...but with time, they realized that he was an evil man sent to destroy the world...and that's what is happening in the world today.

To those they think they are too civilized and knowledgeable, homosexuality is a right...and it is in fact, a commendable practice, but when the outcome will start downing on the entire world, then the truth will be made known as usual.

Wait, time reveals every secret of life.

Enjoy you day ahead.

1. profile image0

Are you making some Nazi and gays analogy?

2. profile image0

So since homosexuality has exited in the US as long as there has been a US, why is it only now that we are somehow poised to destroy America?

Has something changed?

Gay marriage is a crime against human and nature! Look at this from an animal perspective.

Can you see a male lion mating with a male lion? NOPE!

Can you see a female chicken mating with a female chicken? NOPE!

Can you see a male butterfly mating with a male butterfly? NOPE!

Can you see a male lizard mating with a male lizard? NOPE!

Can you see a female elephant mating with a female elephant? NOPE!

homosexuality is an evil practice created by man to destroy mankind but you presumed civilized people won't understand and won't believe. But yes, we know.

Man will destroy mankind out of over advancement in science and reasoning.

Man will create more problem than he can handle with time...though we are already witnessing it.

Any human being that supports and encourages homosexuality must have something seriously wrong with him or her.

I know many people are just helpless and afraid to criticize it and speak up....deep down our hearts, we all know the truth that homosexuality is a crime to mankind.

Even biology is against it. A male is not biologically or naturally supposed to mate with a male, and a female too is not supposed to mate with a female, it is a curse and a taboo.

Take it or leave it....most homos are possessed!!!!

1. Josak profile image60

"Can you see a male lion mating with a male lion? NOPE!

Can you see a female elephant mating with a female elephant? NOPE!"

Actually YES all of those species have gay individuals, in fact about a fifth of lions are gay.

It's soooo funny how wrong you are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ma … l_behavior

Thanks for the laugh.

1. Silverspeeder profile image61
          Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have never liked the argument that animals do it so its OK for humans to do it, lets face it animals also practice paedophilia, cannibalism, and cross species sexual behaviour.
          The latest research suggests that its in the genes and if it is so then it must be natural to humans, so homosexuals should be treated no differently than anyone else.

2. profile image0

Homosexuals are possessed?

Possessed by what exactly?

And exactly what is the curse associated with homosexuality?

What proof do you have of these possessions and curses?

1. profile image0

I am so tempted to quote a movie here...ah, hell, here it goes:

"...homos are possessed..."

Uh, dude, "the accepted vernacular is GAY!"

1. profile image0

Thank you.

And, for the record, I agree with you and know from personal experience that there is no singular "Christian" and most certainly many Christians are affirming and accepting of all people---regardless of whom they love.

3. profile image0

I could not possibly respond any better!

8. profile image57
    Education Answerposted 10 years ago

Is feminism really equality?  Are the two one and the same, or is one different?  A macho man is often considered a jerk.  Why wouldn't the same be said for a feminist?  Aren't both personalities abrasive and unnecessary?

Look, I'm all for equality.  When I was young, I watched as my mother did the same work for less money.  I am for equality.  In my humble opinion, however, I consider feminism to be a solid step further than gender equality or equal pay for equal work.

1. Josak profile image60

Wow that opinion of feminism came straight out of 1950.

I don't know what you think a feminist is... but it isn't that. Hell feminists don't even have to be women.

Feminist:
      ˈfɛmənɪst
      noun
      a person who supports feminism.

So Macho jerk guy and feminist really don't work as equivalents.

We live in a country that still legally mandates jobs women aren't allowed to do. So not equal, not even close.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

...painting with the broad brush covers up important details... and guess what?
        America will not see a down-fall because of the compassion of the people, the common sense of the majority and their love of independence. But we need to get the government on the same page. Vote out those who do not have our best interests at heart / in mind.

Yeah...but you know what? American government will end up the over-caring dad who always ends up breeding lazy, spoilt children that have no knowledge of surviving life without freebies.

That problem is already inherent in America as we speak. Most Americans live by pay check....most are borrowers...most are debtors and if they repay all their debts, will go down the drain.

That's what an over-caring and care-free government that approves every demand of the people gets.

1. profile image0

So is the problem "the gay" or the fact that apparently all Americans are lazy, freebie-seeking children?

2. profile image57

My viewpoint isn't progressive enough?  That's fine, because I don't care about progressivism and political correctness.  Thanks.  If my "definition" came right out of 1950, I generally consider that a compliment.  Remember, I'm a conservative?  Before you go into some liberal tirade about how evil people were in 1950, I said "generally."  That's not an absolute.

I didn't say that there was equality.  I said I support equality.

1. Josak profile image60

So in a country with legal discrimination based on gender you oppose feminism... SO you support inequality then.

You don't get to have it both ways, supporting equality but opposing the movement to bring it is a hypocritical position.

GENERALLY in the 50s most people still supported segregation, the criminalization of homosexuality AND pay inequality for women... so yeah straight out the GENERALLY racist, homophobic and sexist period... unsurprising really.

1. profile image57

You really don't read what people write.  You twisted what I said.  What's new?

I knew you were going to start the liberal tirade.  I already addressed that.  Go read it.

Feminists want equality, but they often go about getting it in an abrasive way.  Sometimes, they want more than equality.  One can stand for equality and not be a feminist.  Yes, I know how to use a dictionary. . . (This is your usual line of arrogance.)

I'll paraphrase what another person at HubPages said to you recently, as it applies to me too:

You don't know me.  Don't judge me.  You imply that I am a racist and a homophobe.  I can take your inappropriate, misguided criticisms, but wow, sometimes these petty, judgmental statements get old.

judg·men·tal     adjective \ËŒjÉ™j-ˈmen-tÉ™l\ 

: tending to judge people too quickly and critically

: of, relating to, or involving judgment

1. aliasis profile image73
              aliasisposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A feminist is someone who recognizes gender inequality, believes it's a problem, and wants that to change. Gender inequality affects both men and women negatively, though of course there's an undeniable form of institutionalized sexism in the world that targets women.

Why WOULDN'T you identify as a feminist?

I think it sucks that certain people have created this image of the "man hating, bra burning feminist" that doesn't actually exist in real life, and therefore they are afraid to identify as a feminist. It's obnoxious to bring up sexist issues and have people dismiss them as "angry feminists" when inequality is actually there. Even if some feminists, just as with any group of people, are more "extreme" and hate everyone and everything, they are not what feminism is. Feminism is gender equality. Period. Feminism is a fight for both men and women. Feminism is opposition to discrimination and gender biases, stereotypes, and attacks.

That, or anti-feminists just don't really think women are equal. Whatever.

I am a feminist (of course! I'm a woman!) and find anti-feminists very discouraging. Gender equality, especially as it pertains to women who even today fight sexism at almost every turn, should be a value that everyone has.

1. ChristinS profile image40
                1. profile image57

I stand for equality, but that doesn't make me a feminist; I do, however, appreciate your tone and intent.  I believe that you and I actually agree on the bigger picture, human rights and equality.  We merely disagree about a single word's definition or intent.

With all due respect, there are some obnoxious feminists just like there are some obnoxious, bigoted chauvinists.  Extremism isn't limited to one side of the issue. These people may not represent the entire movement, but they do exist.  There are people like that, and yes, they give the entire movement a bad name.  The same can be said about virtually every group of people. 

As a Democrat, don't you find that some other Democrats give your party a bad name? I certainly find that to be true of teachers, Americans, Arizonans, and Republicans, all groups for which I can relate. To state that there are absolutely no obnoxious feminists who meet the stereotyped view is simply not correct. 

Best wishes.

2. Josak profile image60

feminism
              ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/Submit
              noun
              the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

Sorry you think using the dictionary is arrogant (especially since you just did it) but it's actually just right... and you are wrong.

1. profile image57

You made my day!  lol

I knew you would respond with something from a dictionary.  I just won a bet! 

You might want to use your dictionary to look up another word. . . .predictable.  lol

1. Josak profile image60

You mean predictable like not answering to the actual fact as usual... yeah I thought so too.

1. profile image57

Great response!

Feminism is never a fight for equality, but rather a fight for reparation of past mistreatment of female gender, which to me will backfire on every country that adopts it. Wait and see....if at all we will be alive when the real mayhem will downpour.

1. profile image0

Is this a joke?

Are we (women) getting reparations?

Where do I sign up?

9. accofranco profile image78

First of all, FEMINISM is not a fight for gender equality but an indirect fight for reparation of the inequality women were subjected to in the past.

In that case, Europe and America also need to repay Africans in equal folds for the harm and exploitation they brought on Africans during the era of slave trade.

FEMINISM is an indirect fight for women to become the dictators to the detriment of men. Take it or leave it, FEMINISM will gradually wear America and every other country practicing and adopting it down with time.

I want you guys to take a look at this article here>http://ngozikanwiro.blogspot.com/2013/10/7-ways-feminism-is-destroying-american.html titled: 7 ways feminism is destroying the American women!

1. Josak profile image60

Nope there is no reparative factor to mainstream feminism. Simply false.
      All feminism is about is removing the inequalities that still remain (women still can't serve in our frontlines for example) and ensuring the inequalities of the past don't return.

Feminism
      Pronunciation: /ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/
      noun
      [mass noun]
      the advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

THis is not an opinion that is the factual dictionary definition.

You are defining what it ought to be and not what it is! By the way, people clamoring for gender equality in everything, tell me- will women agree to go to the warfront in a 50-50 men/women soldiers? Or is gender equality only applicable to glossy jobs and blue chip careers where women want to sit and dish out orders to their male slaves?

The world should think twice about gender-equality campaign. Nature didn't create man and woman to be equal in everything. Every gender has its role(s) to play and has something very interesting and unique about them, but man out of over-advancement in science and reasoning is trying to ruin the world and will definitely ruin it with time.

There shouldn't be maltreatment or mistreatment of any particular gender, but trying to make all genders do same thing and take up same roles won't work and will rather lead the world to a crash and regret.

And finally again, feminists aren't fighting just for gender equality but an indirect reparation and special treatment and consideration to the detriment of the male gender, just to ensure female genders aren't being sidelined.

No matter what man does, there can't be total gender-equality, and the more we chase for a complete gender equality, the more we push this world to a tougher situation than we can handle. Take it or leave it.

Enjoy!

1. Josak profile image60

given one of the female struggles in our country currently is women struggling for their right to fight in the warfront you are totally off base.

10. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 10 years ago

Yeah because societies where women are treated like people and homosexuals have equal rights are the cesspools of injustice.  Oh wait, that's not the case!

I think you do have a decent point about imperialism though.

11. accofranco profile image78

Gay marriage is a crime against human and nature! Look at this from an animal perspective.

Can you see a male lion mating with a male lion? NOPE!

Can you see a female elephant mating with a female elephant? NOPE!

homosexuality is an evil practice created by man to destroy mankind but you presumed civilized people won't understand and won't believe. But yes, we know.

Man will destroy mankind out of over advancement in science and reasoning.

Man will create more problem than he can handle with time...though we are already witnessing it.

Any human being that supports and encourages homosexuality must have something seriously wrong with him or her.

I know many people are just helpless and afraid to criticize it and speak up....deep down our hearts, we all know the truth that homosexuality is a crime to mankind.

Even biology is against it. A male is not biologically or naturally supposed to mate with a male, and a female too is not supposed to mate with a female, it is a curse and a taboo.

Take it or leave it....most homos are possessed!!!!

12. aliasis profile image73
    aliasisposted 10 years ago

That's how I know this guy is  a troll. Male lions mating with male lions? Dude, lions are like, one of the gayest animals, we've seen many instances of them gaying it up. In fact, all the species he conveniently mentioned have recorded gay instances, so... these examples were clearly not random.

Seriously people, this guy is a troll. Don't feed the troll! smile Granted, people this dumb might exist in real life, but there's no way this individual is serious.

Also, yay for feminists, male and female alike. smile

Yeah, yeah...I may be wrong with the mention of those animals, still it doesn't make it clean for a man to be mating with a fellow man and a woman with a fellow woman. In fact, it is disgusting and people ought to be disgusted for having such mindset in the first place.

Males are created to mate with females and vice versa, take it or leave it...and you know, you are also exhibiting the typical American woman character- yelling, calling people names and getting offended instead discussing intelligently....honestly, you lots are going nowhere with what you think you know. Remember, what you know will most likely lead to your death and destruction. When you think you know too much, think twice.

Americans need to find their way back soon before their society crash like the great wall of Jericho!

In decades, centuries to come...nature will bear me witness that I voiced out on this out of my love and compassion for America.

I din't want to bring Christianity into this, but remember, it is the love Americans used to have for God that brought them this far, but they now feel they have arrived, that they know too much more than their maker, and mark my words, at such point, downfall is the next.

Same is happening in Europe. Europeans used to be very close to God and even spreading the good news and works around the world...but haven achieved an advanced level of development in technology, science, economy, etc, they looked down on God and thought they are the brain behind their successes in the past...and as you can see, they are gradually going down...and will keep sinking down until they realize their mistakes.

European and American youths now see anything about God as evil....they now see Christianity and its message of love and good deeds as religious bigotism. They now see it as a waste of time. They now prefer to sleep at night clubs on days meant to worship God and give Him thanks for all His good deeds to mankind.

They now rely on their presumed knowledge which will definitely fail them as being witnessed already.

So dear aliasis, you can keep calling me a troll if that would make you happy and fulfilled, but out of every nonsense their is SENSE!

1. Josak profile image60

Homosexuality is completely natural which is why it appears throughout nature. If you find it disgusting no one is forcing you to watch tongue

I find your comments here disgusting but I would never try to make it illegal for you to make them, you should learn to do the same with homosexuality.

If there is a God then he certainly designed a lot of animals and people gay. So obviously he has no problem with it. Unless all those lions are going to hell big_smile

13. profile image0
    alexsaez1983posted 10 years ago

Yeah, because legalizing homosexuality and gay marriage has totally destroyed my country. After it was all legalized here in Canada, everyone was rioting, performing insane sexual acts in the streets, crossdressing, you name it. Heterosexuals in fact became homosexuals over night the second gay marriage was made legal. The government collapsed and exists in name only. We actually sold Canada to Mexico years ago, since legalizing gay marriage and not persecuting homosexuals made us implode...

1. Josak profile image60

Of course and as we know Zimbabwe with it's dictatorship, no same sex marriage and relative lack of feminism is doing WAY better than Canada...

2. profile image0

And, since have we legalized same-sex marriage here in ALL of New England and New York---wow!!!

3. profile image0

I've heard that about Canada.  That's why I left Michigan and moved my family to Florida - you know, so we wouldn't be so close to you godless Canadians. 

wink

14. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 10 years ago

Seriously, folks.
    When was the last time anyone actually used the word "feminist" or "feminism?" 1972?
    I myself haven't burned a bra for at least 3 decades.
    lol
    I think most of us support gender equality and women's right to equal pay for equal work.
    It would be really nice to have more jobs here in America for both women and men.
    We need to keep our economic engine humming.
    And we need to educate our children and train our young people and retrain adults to work in today's economy.
    THOSE are areas that are hurting America.
    IMHO.

1. profile image57

It's an opinion I think many of us agree with.  It's largely a point I tried to make, but some people are so worried about defining "femenism," an outdated term.

15. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 10 years ago

This "gay agenda" thing sounds exhausting. It appears it is responsible for everything from the assassination of Kennedy to the downfall of human society... and possibly, if I read the implications correctly, the end of the Universe itself.

Wow, the question of the evilness of gays might be on the table but no one can question their efficiency.

That's probably why I never became a full member, all that work seems damn tiring. My bisexual agenda is to get my laundry done.

I must be doing the whole gay agenda thing wrong, because I'm a guy and my goal is to find a lovely lady and mate like a buck in a rut (well, I did find her already, I just need to convince her that it's a good idea to pair up with me and have all that crazy coitus).

im doin it rong sum1 plz halp

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
        MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm too old to mate like a buck in a rut and too married to find a lovely lady.

Sorry luv, you're on your own.

2. profile image0

It's the word coitus, hon.  We don't like that word.  wink

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

(...cut her off. Tell her no more 'til yer officially paired.)

16. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Wait... I thought this was a political thread... what's bringing America down?

Equal rights for women and gay people, apparently.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Im one of those.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)