"B" doesn't love me anymore...

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (31 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

22 days since I clicked the redeem button; nary a peep from B. This alone wouldn't concern me that much; I know redeem times are getting increasingly longer and longer.

Alas, the death knell appears to be other...

The responses to my posts have been miserable since the layout change.

My last post got 6 views and 1 like. I decided that is just outright unacceptable. So I deleted it and put it on my main website; the thing actually has more earning potential there.

Think I'll spend my time writing viral hubs instead.

1. Dale Hyde profile image79
      Dale Hydeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I popped back in there the other day after two months of not posting, and did a short post.  I did notice the layout changes and all.  My post there did no better than the previous ones.  However, I will say that during my two months there of not posting, with 173 posts, I netted a residual income of 32.00 without liking, commenting or posting, so that was good. smile  Not sure where the views came from, however I do know some show up on Google.

I simply don't have the time to socialize as much as I used to on that site.

1. Solaras profile image96
        Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sadly you are not likely to see that $32.00 or any other funds from them.  I myself am in PS's position, having redeemed back in June with nary a reply to my emails or my snarky comment on their support "who to contact for what post".

"Customer Service is a Priority To Us"  Bizarre lies....

2. Leslie_Siegel profile image66
      Leslie_Siegelposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The same happened to me. Hub pages has parred down their search sequences and their search potential suck as well. I just hold my articles in here as a file, not thinking anyone will be able to see them.

2. JG11Bravo profile image73
    JG11Bravoposted 9 years ago

Maybe a good call there. I went into "B" declaring that one missed payout would be theend of my time there. I never saw the first payout, and I bailed.

3. innerspin profile image86
    innerspinposted 9 years ago

I think they are "fixing" the wrong things. It may look nicer but the glitches are still evident, slowing the views and likes. Slower payment times are getting silly now. The fast pace was half the fun.

4. ChristinS profile image40
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

My bank has been building there despite not posting at all for a few months.  I hit redeem 3 weeks ago at over $50.  My current bank is over $12, They didn't pay me so I emailed them.  They told my my payment had been scheduled to go in on the 15th.  I double checked - no payment and still no payment.  I am all done there and I will remove all my posts that are getting pinned and shared.  I am not making them any more money if they aren't going to pay out. 

This saddens me as they had been very good about payouts up until this point for me.   I was always quick to defend them, but not anymore.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

They announced that payout will now take 30 days.

5. paradigmsearch profile image60

Well, I see from the four previous replies that I am not alone. Fun while it lasted.

I, too, have noticed that the balance oddly tends to creep up for no apparent reason. If they eventually honor my last redeem, I'll continue to make a post there once in awhile as a test to see if things have improved.

6. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 9 years ago

I am holding out just a little while longer... pray for me... What I have noticed is that some of the folks that I loved interacting with are incognito or off doing something else...

paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

People do seem to be disappearing right and left.

7. DreamerMeg profile image80
    DreamerMegposted 9 years ago

Probably all across at PersonaPaper, complaining and getting paid for it!

Thanks for the tip. I checked them out.

The number of rants over there about B must be staggering. So much so, PP has even started a poll concerning it.

PP does look like it may have some potential.

8. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 9 years ago

About your late redemption on "B" - After waiting some time for my last redemption, I contacted "B" and 2 days later I received it.  Haven't had any other problems with my redemptions. In fact, just was issued another payout.

I'll give them a full 31 days before dropping them a note. My main concern is the god awful response rates to my posts lately. At these levels, it's just plain not worth it anymore. Plus, I actually enjoyed some of the social interaction over there; that seems to have disappeared as well.

2. Solaras profile image96

Since they seem to like you so much, why don't you contact them about my redemption as well as this is starting to p!ss me off. lol

9. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

I couldn't resist going back there when all the hoohaa about the new layout started.  Actually, I really like the way it looks - and I love the Pixabay feature, because the pay rates on the site have never justified the time to find photos or take your own.

Unfortunately they've changed the way notifications work and I think that's why income has reduced.    I'm following people who make 10 posts a day, often in very quick succession, so it doesn't take much for them to fill up my notifications feed and knock everyone else off the list.  So I'm not even seeing a lot of the Bubbles people are posting!   I'm sure the same is happening to everyone else so we're all missing each other's posts.

1. mary615 profile image83
      mary615posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm still hanging in over at B.   There are days when I swear I will not go there again, but I keep hoping things will improve.  I think the staff is really trying, but they seem to have a "bull by the tail".   Yesterday, I could not get into my own profile, nor anyone elses.   Also, i was unable to "like" any post all day, and that's not good!
      I don't like the notification steam now, either.  I know I miss posts by my connections.
      My last redemption took 22 days to clear.

10. Pico Triano profile image87
    Pico Trianoposted 9 years ago

I hit redeem there last night. The times have been getting longer and longer. Haven't had any trouble to this point. Hoping that it continues for me. The new layout slowed things down initially but that seems to have improved again too. We'll see. I've done too well there to bail at this point.

11. paradigmsearch profile image60

Well, I couldn't help myself. I made a new B post, "Geckos Take Over Russian Satellite".

Google must really, really hate B. Even with 6 different social media shares, including my own G+ account, there is absolutely no indication on Google that post (or any reference to it) exists anywhere in the known universe.

I should have put it on my website instead. Oh, well.

12. paradigmsearch profile image60

Well, a new day. Google's opinion hasn't changed. And Yahoo and Bing have the same opinion.

I've just finished deleting all B links on my G+ account. Next is to do the same on my website.

Google's algorithm does "birds of a feather". Needless to say, I want no part of it.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Do you think Googles algorithm is downgrading your HP pages because of the stuff posted over at B? Would it be better to go over there and delete all old posts?

No, neither account has links to the other. However, your post just caused me to remember I've linked to my website on my profile page over there. Thanks for that. Deleted it.

2. Solaras profile image96

I don't think so Dr. Mark. I think they are just a low level backlink, but not going to damage a site.

13. paradigmsearch profile image60

Posted my "Geckos Take Over Russian Satellite" on my website. Sure enough, it is now plastered all over the internet. Too bad I'm a day late and a dollar short. Sure does confirm B's status with the search engines though.

1. Solaras profile image96

Wow - may be it does hurt to have links from them...Hmmm  The only way I could find my articles through Google was to use the exact title and "B" and my user name.

1. profile image0
        BlueOceanViewposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Who is "B"???

1. jeserem profile image67
          jeseremposted 9 years agoin reply to this
          1. profile image0
            BlueOceanViewposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh...thanks.  smile

14. paradigmsearch profile image60

Well, in all fairness to B, it's only right I post this...

The results of my today's post:

"The World Is a Mess by  <me> 15 likes    2 comments    46 views"

That certainly is a lot better than my previously reported 1 Like and 6 views.

Back to my nap.

15. Cynthianne profile image61
    Cynthianneposted 9 years ago

I was on the site today, posted two posts and tried to v/l/c but I got an error message in a circle with a white background. After I got that message twice, I got the blue screen of death on my computer with many words running across the screen, there were words about B but it was moving so fast I could not catch what was being said. Then my computer shut itself down. I have not gone back today, I had seen others having errors too...but wow!! My computer seems ok. I ran every virus and malware protection I had before I tried to do anything else. I am hoping they are working out the problem. My stats were up to normal yesterday, and then some.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)