I made my first dollar on Hub Pages.

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (34 posts)
  1. firstday profile image60
    firstdayposted 9 years ago

Most people hang them on the wall.  I am just sharing with you guys because I am excited.  This is posted from my Hub Account:  HubPages Earnings Program: $1.00 so far this month

edit groups

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!!!

2. Moses Wafula profile image73
      Moses Wafulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow. That is progress for sure

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
      LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats. Bet it made you feel good. Don't worry there will be more.....lol

Being happy about your first $1 and sharing that with the community is a nice gesture which I doubt will be considered a "crime" by HP. Just don't get into the habit of posting earnings figures since Google and HP  frown upon that. Have fun!

4. The Reminder profile image75
      The Reminderposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well done! I still remember my first dollar like if it was yesterday.

5. Arachnea profile image65
      Arachneaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! I know it feels encouraging.

6. kislanyk profile image67
      kislanykposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to earning your very first dollar. Now we know that talking about exact amount of earnings on Hubpages is frown upon.

We ex-Squidooers need some kind of motivation, and this is exactly the reason why you posted this. You won't post again when you made $2 and $3, etc...lol.

Our whole 'home' and earnings are basically gone from Squidoo. Many of us have never been at Hubpages, We are all anxious to know about our future here at HP and that first dollar is a milestone not only for you, but for all of us transfers. An encouragement that things can go on and money can be earned.

7. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! I remember the feeling----!
      Wish you all the best and many more achievements to come.

firstdayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are very kind as are all the other hub writers that took the time to comment.  Thank you so much.  The support and encouragement of one another is what I love about Hub Pages!

8. warchild75 profile image63
      warchild75posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!! Wow I remember my first doller.  Havent written consistently for over 18months now and still seeing the dollers come in. Keep it up!!

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

The Terms of Use for this site, to which you are legally bound because you registered to use the site, contain the following statement:

"You acknowledge and agree that You will not publicly disclose Your payments or Earned Balance (including any subcomponents thereof) from the HubPages Earnings Program without prior written consent of HubPages."

Thank you for posting that reply relate and I agree that would be bad if everyone did that.
      I ask that everyone acknowledge my public apology as I am a newbie and was not aware of the infraction.  Sorry my apologizes to everyone especial Hub Pages. 

Sometimes I get too excited with new experiences.

To everyone else Happy Hubbing!!  I am not sure that is a coined term however I think everyone knows what I mean by Happy Hubbing.

3. profile image0
    mbuggiehposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!

4. Sami Hanson profile image71
    Sami Hansonposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! Make sure to frame it! wink

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

Hey! Good for you firstday. Keep it up.

6. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 9 years ago

WHOO-HOO! so glad for you... sometimes it is a long time coming... but, when it gets here it is a great feeling!!! Here's to your making many, many more!

7. goatfury profile image91
    goatfuryposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!  The community here seems very supportive to me (I've only been here for about a month, but I've managed to crank out 15 Hubs I'm pretty proud of.  Keep it up!

8. Kathleen Odenthal profile image87
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 9 years ago

some people are buzzkills, listen to everyone else who is saying congratulations, cause this deseves it.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Kathleen; Nobody was being a buzz kill. firstday violated TOS which HP takes seriously.

10. chakravarthyds profile image72
    chakravarthydsposted 9 years ago

hi firstday,

Congratulations for achieving a milestone.
    Every long journey begins with one single step.
    You have achieved in 7 weeks with only 5 hubs.
    Hope you will have a long journey,

11. Rihanaa profile image60
    Rihanaaposted 9 years ago

Congrats on your first dollar, it must be lucky to bring more earning for you.

12. yougotme profile image90
    yougotmeposted 9 years ago

Congratulations for the first dollar! For me, I consider it a victory!

13. profile image0
    guyrichieposted 9 years ago

congrats keep up the spirit!

14. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image85
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 9 years ago

I think you should delete this forum thread for inviting Hub page violation, which may lead to account ban.

How do you delete a forum thread you start?  I can not find that listing.  Thank you very much.

15. ladyguitarpicker profile image74
    ladyguitarpickerposted 9 years ago

Hi, just wanted to say congratulations, many more.

16. Iris Draak profile image61
    Iris Draakposted 9 years ago

That's wonderful.  I'm close and I was also considering hanging it on my wall. smile  Congratulations and may there be many more that follow.

17. taiwokareem profile image60
    taiwokareemposted 9 years ago

congratz

18. imthatgirl2 profile image68
    imthatgirl2posted 9 years ago

Congratulations! I just signed up a couple of days ago. Pulled some all nighters to get a few hubs out. lol. Oh, I can't wait to have that same feeling of getting my first dollar too! May you have many more dollars to come!smile

imthatgirl2,
      Welcome and it is nice to have you here.  No one welcomed me on my arrival and this is my first experience with anything like this.  I am glad my message serves as something positive for you.  That is the spirit it was written in.

I thought it was a nice gesture without thinking it is against policy.   I have the upper most respect for Hub Pages.  If you do decide to post anything like this you must get approval from Hub Pages first.  Which I am not sure how to do. 

Thank you for being encouraged by my posting.  I read a lot of negative in the forums and with all that  going on I felt my message would serve  to boost morale. Which I believe it has.

19. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

Hello firstday. Congratulations on your exciting milestone. That first dollar is often the hardest to achieve.

I don't think you should worry about removing this thread. If hp has a problem with it, they'll let you know. Given the unusual circumstances of an influx of new members, I like to think they'll allow you to be human. smile

If you look at the 'Related Discussions' at the bottom of this page, you'll see that similar threads have been created - and remain up and visible years later.

Anyone reading this thread will now be aware that we are not supposed to discuss earnings, but they'll also be encouraged by your good news.

Welcome to all the new folk. May you all be rewarded with payout ... Just don't offer specific details about it.. smile

LongTimeMother
      You are a very special person to post this and ease my mind.  I love you guys!

20. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

Life's too short, firstday. It is honestly not something worthy of worrying about. Keep smiling - and writing.

LongTimeMother

You are right.  I was just thinking of making this right.  However, if nothing broken why fix it?  Thanks for bringing me back into the present moment.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)