My traffic is so low, I can't afford to care.

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (60 posts)
  1. Pawpawwrites profile image60
    Pawpawwritesposted 9 years ago

I already had one post about low traffic. Here is another one.

It just keeps going down. I was excited at first about being on Hubpages, but that has changed. Traffic was going up, and I was enthused about writing again. From my high point on hub traffic, which was on September 7, my traffic has gone down over 90%

My daily traffic is now written in Binary code. If it went any lower, I might as well write in my journal. Nobody reads that either.

This isn't a plea for help. It is just a statement. Traffic is so low that I can't afford to care. As it is right now, time I spend on Hubpages is wasted time, as I see it. That may change. I hope so. But for now, I'll keep what I have here parked, and see if things change. If things don't change.......I'll come up with a plan B. In the meantime, I'll be working on other projects.

Glad that some people are doing well, but the google gods don't seem to like me being here.

For those who took the time to read and comment on my hubs, I really do appreciate it. Good luck on your hubs.

1. Robin profile image86
      Robinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

From what I see you wrote most of your Hubs in the last month.  It takes longer than that to start seeing traffic because it takes time for Google to start trusting your content.  Most of the traffic that you received when you published your Hubs was from Hubbers, so that is going to drop after your followers are done reading your Hubs. 

I hope you don't get discouraged because you are writing incredibly useful Hubs, and I think they will start to gain readership.  I understand the frustration.  I was frustrated when I wrote my Hub on a bee sting to the eye and I googled my title and saw other articles that I believed were inferior ranking above mine.  However, I knew that given time, Google was likely to get it right and now my Hub ranks #1.  It takes months though, and that is a frustrating part of online writing.  Your Hubs will be read eventually, so try to keep faith. My best advice is to keep on writing to keep your subdomain fresh and alive.  Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Robin:  And what about writers like me who have been here for years and finally got noticed and then overnight lost 90% of their views and have not recovered.  How do you explain that one?

1. Robin profile image86

I am not an expert on Google and Panda, and we are all frustrated with the updates.  However, I do know that how we wrote four years ago is different than how we write today; In fact, what I taught in HubCamps two years ago is different than what I would teach today. 

If I were teaching a class today, I would advise writers to:

1.  Write Hubs free of links (unless they are absolutely imperative to the message)
          2.  Write Hubs free of products (unless they are incredibly useful to the reader)
          3.  Write on topics you are passionate about and have first hand knowledge 
          4.  Make sure your Hubs are free of grammar and spelling mistakes
          5.  Make sure your title is a search query around your topic and that it directly matches your content so that readers are happy when they click on your link in search results
          6.  Make your Hub engaging and beautiful
          7.  Google your title and see if your Hub is better than the other articles listed, and if not, make it so. 

If you have been hit by Panda, I would advise you to start at your highest traffic Hubs and apply these same principles and add new, fresh content. 

TT, I'm not saying that you aren't already doing the above things, but I think that it is worth saying.  smile

1. fpherj48 profile image60
            fpherj48posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Robin.  Thank you for this list...I do have a question about #2.....Are you referring here to the "amazon and/or ebay products" we may include outside our hub text......or "product names" used within the body of our text??   Sorry, but I am confused on this.

1. Robin profile image86

I was referring to Amazon and eBay product links, not product names.  Thanks for the note so I could clarify!

2. Elsie Hagley profile image68
            Elsie Hagleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Robin for the tips for making hubs, we apply some of it to mine. I'm replying because I'm very interested and I want to continue following this thread.

@Pawpawwrites: Please stick with your writing here, I enjoy seeing your hubs, you are a excellent writer.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

Robin:

Thank you for this, but you should know that what is frustrating me is that  I do just about all of those things and have had many articles that were ranking high, were well read and, in fact, did provide useful and important information to readers.  Yes, I wrote mostly in one niche, but that is because I have 50 years of experience in that area and can provide an angle that few others can because of it, but readers often commented that my explanations were the best they had ever seen.  Why?  Because I am a retired English teacher, so I know how to explain things clearly and concisely.  I do not mind so much taking the hit as I do taking it and not knowing why so that I can fix the problem.  I have been trying, but so far, there have been few meaningful results.  My best article was getting 200-300 hits a day.  Today it has had 28.  I was getting between 500-700 Google hits a day, and am lucky to get 40 per day now.  This is a very bad one, and I feel totally helpless to deal with it.  So while your advice is good, it just does not seem to be working.

One thing I would like to see that might help people, though, is a keyword filter that lets you know if you have been stuffing.  It is easy to do that in some articles and for some words, there are not always synonyms.

1. Solaras profile image95
              Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow TT2 that sucks - barf on your current pageviews.  I have something similar going on on my other account here; a hub that had gotten up to 200 views per day last weekend has all of 28 today.  Most of the other hubs on that account have zero today.  Sigh...

It is also not helpful for this server migration to be going on while some of us are in free fall.  I guess it will help me to be patient on that account, while I attack my main account and remove Amazon ads that have never sold anything anyway.

I like being able to sell Amazon products, they produce more income  than the HP Program.  However, I wonder if Google just prefers pages where it has no competition for its ads.  Could it be that this update has nothing to do with user experience and everything to do with them not wanting any competition?

1. Rhonda Lytle profile image66
                Rhonda Lytleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Kudos and good point about the no competition.  It must be considered.  And, this "better user experience" they keep spouting is a physical impossibility.  People are vastly different.  What is a good experience for one is not for another.
                Cultures, nations and peoples throughout the history of the world have fought and died for the right to freedom, yet here in the 21st we are all quickly becoming techno slaves to a virtual master that determines what we can or can not see to much too large a degree.

4. DrMark1961 profile image96
            DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have a question about your first suggestion.
            If we are to write hubs free of links, but then the hub algorithm adds 6 barely-related "related hubs", is that not causing our page rank to fall?
            I realize HP earns a few thousand page views a day from these related links. If, however, the links shown were actually related and the page rank was higher, HP might be seeing tens of thousands extra views per day.
            There is no way to tell this for sure without eliminating the related links on a few thousand hubs and monitoring the results.
            As hubs are now presented, however, every one is full of links, whether the hubber adds them or not.

2. Maffew James profile image96
          Maffew Jamesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Algorithmic penalty. Check your backlinks in Webmaster Tools. Look at the actual sites that are linking to you. If any of these sites are spammy or untrustworthy, links from them will hurt your site. Disavow any of these links.

Then you have Panda, which penalises 'thin content', but it seems like it has more of a penchant for penalising decent sites and boosting garbage in reality. There's not much you can do there.

2. Rhonda Lytle profile image66

You are not alone.  I had an article that was pulling over a hundred hits a day.  After the move, it's not even pulling 50. 
      Supposedly, a new Panda update just rolled out that's gigging for too many key words.  I'm not sure that's the problem, though.  In fact, I don't think it is because the downfall in traffic began with the move but they are so close in timing it's really hard to be sure.
      If you figure out something that works, please share for many of us are looking at this.

1. Coffee-Break profile image84
        Coffee-Breakposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Most likely it's not keywords related, because Squidoo's filter was doing a great job filtering keyword stuffed lense.
        I suspect either a manual intervention from Google, or just a technical error, either on HP, or on Squidoo.

I read this last night, http://searchengineland.com/panda-update-rolling-204313 out of a forum here posted by hub user misterhollywood.  As per usual, the article about the new update gives no specifics.  Some users on this tread felt the new issue might be keyword stuffing.   Here's a link to the thread discussion, http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/125250.
          If it is a new update, the old Squidoo numbers may no longer be relevant.

Rhonda Lytle:  It's about keyword stuffing AND spam...meaning ads, ads and more ads where there should be few or none.  Google does NOT like content farms.  Two major sites have already shut down and now I think they are coming for us.  What is worse is that if you listen to what Matt Cutts has to say about keywords, he basically tells you there is no real formula...so how do you know If you are overdoing it?  Sure beats me!

Beats me too for some words don't have a big list in the thesaurus.  One can only use pronouns so much and it becomes laughable. 

I can see trying to get the spam out of the rankings but it isn't working.  It never has.  It hurts too many good authors and filters out far too few crooks and thieves.

Further more, I contend it's strongly contributing to the dumbing down of humanity as a species.  There's an art to sifting through various opinions and research to find truth that can never be learned nor achieved if one is denied access to the vast majority of what is available be it deemed trash by Google or not.  I for one do not trust a computer algorithm to judge what's reliable data.

The world of internet writers stands on a precipice with baited breath trying to figure out the next hoops Google will have us jump through to be successful keeping everyone thinking about that.  While I realize it won't be popular, I contend the real problem is that Google has too much power and has virtually become a monopoly. 

I think I'm about to start using Dogpile religiously.  As long as the world uses only Google, the world is at the mercy of Google.  I'm not saying this to knock them but only to point out absolute power is never a good thing and they sure have got it.

3. favored profile image63
      favoredposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Pawpawwrites I know it may not count for much, but online writing wouldn't be the same without you.  Sometimes there seems to be too many bumps along our journey, but then one day you reach your goal.  Your audience will find their way back and bring guests!  Be encouraged.

4. Marketing Merit profile image94
      Marketing Meritposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That makes two of us then, as my traffic has tanked also! wink

Even though we're on sub-domains, some of these Google updates do seem to hit the likes of HP hard. In fairness, I don't really understand it, especially given the quality measures that have been implemented here. I have circa 20 websites of my own and they have not been affected, thus far. In my opinion, my writing is probably of a higher standard here as I naturally have more latitude with my own sites.

On a positive note the traffic does tend to return...eventually!

It's never a good idea to put all of your eggs in one basket. By all means, update any hubs that need it, but why not take a break and perhaps write a Kindle book? I find 12,000 to 15,000 words will suffice. Price it at circa  $2.99 and enroll it in KU/KOLL. As with everything internet related, competition is increasing, but it's still another source of income which is relatively unaffected by these Google bombs!

Best of luck and chin up! wink

5. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Google just rolled out a Panda update and, as usual, it's causing traffic loss for many people. Often this is just a temporary setback and webpages bounce back after the shuffling of pages in the SERPs is over. Here's an article about an older update which I find helpful. http://www.seochat.com/c/a/google-optim … whats-new/

6. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You've got your answer from the staff.  Most of your Hubs were written in the last month.  Take a look at your stats and see where your visitors came from - they were mostly from other Hubbers.   That's normal when your Hubs are new.  After that first flush of Hubber traffic, there will be a lull while Google decides whether to rank your Hubs well enough to attract outside visitors.  It may, or may not.  Time will tell.    I've heard people say, "what you write today will earn its keep this time next year", and it's often true. 

You are seeing a lot of people here posting about lost traffic.  That's due to a Google update that's happening right now - and it may or may not be affecting you.  Again, time will tell.  And remember, although it looks bad, only a small number of Hubbers are here on the forums.   All the Hubber whose traffic is not affected are happily getting on with their lives, oblivious of the angst being expressed here.

1. MyFairLadyah2 profile image59
        MyFairLadyah2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm another new Hubber from Squidoo and according to Google Analytics, from Sept 5 to Sept 12, just after my lenses were imported, my traffic was fairly good. During this time the traffic was about 8 to 1 from Google organic versus HP (i.e. Hubbers) or Direct or anywhere else.

7. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am glad that you are going to let it ride for now on HubPages. You might be feeling like a lot of other hubbers, and I can see by reading your thread that you got some excellent advice and encouragement.

2. cfin profile image65
    cfinposted 9 years ago

Pawpawwrites,
    My traffic bounces by 7 fold every few weeks. It really makes no sense, as I could have once nonsense hub with huge views and another great hub with no views. If you wait, it will always pick up again.

That is not true.  I know several people who lost everything here and never recovered, and their losses were huge ones.

1. cfin profile image65
        cfinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Should I apologize for being positive? It's difficult to claim "That's not true" when I was simply being hopeful, future tense, i.e "If you wait, it will always pick up again."

No, you do not have to apologize for being hopeful because there is always hope, but you also have to be realistic.  In many cases views do come back with time...but it can be a very long time, and sometimes it never happens.  The truth is the truth.  Someone I know here was getting 16,000 views daily and then, almost overnight, it pretty much disappeared.  People like him do this for a living, write well, follow the guidelines, etc., but it just does not always work out.  I know of two other cases where the same thing happened, and in one of them, the losses were much, much bigger.

1. Suzanne Day profile image92
            Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Remember Hubpage's best earner - that enthusiastic lady who wrote thousands of hubs, can't remember her name - from years ago? When the first Panda hit, she lost everything. The lesson we learned there was not to publish fluff or promote too many Amazon/Ebay products.

You might be avoiding this problem with better content, or you might still have a problem with something ongoing, that's always going to rollercoaster through algorithms and affect earnings. You need to figure out what it is that is common to all the hubs with lost traffic.

If that fabulous lady had remained on HP, would her earnings have come back at all? We will never know. But what we do know is that Google is really beginning to hate any kind of salesy hubs....and I know that some time ago, when I removed all amazon capsules from hubs, traffic stabilised and did quite OK without them. There was even a slight pickup and no rollercoastering going on. Then I got a coupla sales in the last few weeks and put some capsules back up again. But from now on, I'm going to be making sure they're very sparing and not used in every hub......

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

That's a myth, actually.   The lady in question was Nelle Hoxie.  Pre-Panda, she was held up as an example of how to write good Hubs, and was our best earner. 
              http://blog.hubpages.com/2009/12/nelle- … per-month/

Then Panda hit and the whole of HubPages lost traffic, not just Amazon-heavy Hubs.

HubPages then tried changing the rules, including limiting the number of Amazon capsules, and gave Hubbers only a month to comply.   Hubbers like Nell with hundreds of Hubs had no chance - so she gave up, deleted her account and concentrated on her blogs - which also had lots of Amazon ads but were NOT hit by Panda.

The rule changes - including the limits on Amazon - had no effect on traffic.  Eventually, Paul Edmonson hit on the idea of switching to sub-domains and - voila! - traffic started to come back.  Sadly, by that time Nelle had gone.

What would have happened to Nelle's Hubs, if HubPages had introduced sub-domains in the first place, instead of making all those rule changes?   We'll never know.  So her experience tells us nothing about the pros and cons of using Amazon.

3. handymanbill profile image75
    handymanbillposted 9 years ago

Don't give up mine mostly thrive in the spring. I am trying to sdd new content and it does take a long while to start making money. I don't make a fortune but at least it is something, much better then nothing.

4. goatfury profile image91
    goatfuryposted 9 years ago

Stick around and just spend a little less time per day!  I like your interactions and feedback,and I will continue to keep checking out your hubs. 

I do think it's a longer term investment.  I'd stick around and just focus less time on the place for now.  I understand that the real payoff is over time.

5. Cari Kay 11 profile image87
    Cari Kay 11posted 9 years ago

I think we have to give it time to see what happens.  I agree with Favored smile

6. David Stone1 profile image66
    David Stone1posted 9 years ago

Since we all know that plenty of things do get read on the Internet, the only reasonable response to try to figure out what your individual problem is for the search engines and fix it. It is that simple. You hubs look terrific at first glance, but are you optimizing for SEO? Are you optimizing for images or just tucking them in? Are you using Amazon capsules to look for extra income?

Their are smart SEO experts here. You might ask one of them to look at your content, but certainly read everything you can. And don't quit. Your ideas are great and, from what I saw, well executed. Figure out the snag and keep going. You'll be okay.

David Stone:

Those are things I have done in my own case to the best of my ability for this entire past month.  Several people here who really know what they are doing checked things out for me, and tried to help, and I made zillions of upgrades.  The result?  Nothing.  I have over 200,000 views and probably will never have more even with all of that work, and I cannot even figure out what happened!  I even disavowed malicious links I found through Google, and still nothing.  This whole thing is such a can of worms that it becomes almost a hit and miss situation once you take a really bad hit.  I have been hit before, but back then I did not know as much as I do now, so this one was a killer.  I can see why this man wants to just give up...this is not always a matter of writing well and following guidelines, etc.  The competition and the thieves are there in droves, and they do not hesitate to get you when they can.  Frankly, what happened to me was shocking, and I think many here right now feel the same way because what happened to me is now happening to them, and they are reeling.

7. Buildreps profile image84
    Buildrepsposted 9 years ago

Traffic is surely going down. I have no complaints about the amount of traffic, mainly to my Bubblews Hubs and a few others, but 100% for sure that traffic is reduced by half. The amount of traffic is (very) dependent of the amount of incoming links. Google loves this - so you have to make sure your Hubs are shared on social media. So you must share, spread your Hubs everywhere and be patient. But even my hubs of which have many incoming links are doing much less. So, there is something going on in traffic land - I've no idea what.

8. CharlieClaywell profile image92
    CharlieClaywellposted 9 years ago

If it's any consolation, my hub traffic took a huge hit this week -- I'm not quite 90 percent down, but I am getting about one-third the traffic I was getting. Definitely quite frustrating considering the work and time put into this content. Hopefully it's just a glitch.

9. JustLivingOnline profile image72
    JustLivingOnlineposted 9 years ago

I am new to Hubpages and have only been a member for a couple months.  So far I have 17 Hubs, most of which get little to no traffic.  My expectation was that I needed to put some time in and let the Hubs "season" with the search engines, so I haven't thought about it so much.  I think after a year or so if my traffic is minimal like it is for others I would quit also and just move my stuff to a personal webpage.  I thought the advantage of Hubpages was to get better exposure.   I really have no urge to write about stuff that doesn't interest me just because I can get good pageviews.  If I do that I would quit out of disinterest.  Hopefully this isn't the beginning on the end for much of us, I am starting to like this community.

10. David Stone1 profile image66
    David Stone1posted 9 years ago

@pawpawwrites When did you disavow? If it was recent, that might be one problem. Google does not recommend it, except in special cases. It strips away links that may register as positives for you, as often as not. Disavow is not to be done without extreme caution.

David Stone:

It was not PawPaw who disavowed, it was me.  I did it about a week ago, which was three weeks after my views took a nosedive.  My case IS a special situation because I found numerous malicious sites that had linked to my articles, some that were so bad that my malware and/or virus protection programs would not even allow me to open them!  There was no other way to get rid of them...and I read nothing, anywhere that said Google does not like people to do this.  Did I lose links?  Sure I did.  Did I want them attached to my work?  Hell no!  Disavowing was a huge amount of work and took weeks to organize and research, so I did not take this task lightly.  I know the Disavow issue is not my problem due to the timing of it.

11. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

Until a few hours ago, my stats hadn't updated for nearly two days and when they finally did....

...I wished they hadn't.

Ouch! Pain! Hurt! Pain! Agony! AG-OH-KNEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

12. shellys-space profile image60
    shellys-spaceposted 9 years ago

Posting this link to a post Paul started about Significant Traffic Change for Imported Accounts in case any Ex-Squidoo members care to read:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/125240#post2644458

13. Linda BookLady profile image80
    Linda BookLadyposted 9 years ago

We who migrated from Squidoo are losing search engine traffic for a reason that has nothing to do with the recent Panda update.

Someone posted a graph similar to this one on Facebook in a group we use, and I commented it looks like the "snake that ate the elephant" picture from the book, "The Little Prince"...

Here's my graph from Google Analytics showing that my lens-hubs arrived at HubPages on the 7th and one week later, on the 16th, search engine traffic began to disappear.

A lot of former Squidoo lensmasters have this happening. (A few don't... apparently, from what I've read on this forum.)

http://lindajomartin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/stats-september-2014-hubpages.jpg

This represents a 86% drop in my traffic since the first week on HubPages. The first week was almost as much traffic as I had on Squidoo, and I was hopeful. Now, looking toward a slow recovery.

We Squidoo lensmasters (some of us who have been hit this way after a week here) are now unpublishing some of our less healthy hubs in hopes that this will result in an overall healthier subdomain.

Any other ideas on what can be done?

And to Time Traveler... you have my sympathy...

One problem may be too many 301 redirects, and I don't think anything can be done about that.

Every time a web page is 301 redirected, it loses some of its "juice".   If you have two or three for some reason, that can really start to affect you.  I assume some Squids would already have a 301 redirect from the old Squidoo structure to sub-domains, and then again to HP. 

However I wouldn't expect that to cause a crash, but it could be a contributing factor?

2. pkmcruk profile image68
      pkmcrukposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That graph reflects mine and I know many other former lensmasters from what I am seeing on various forums. If the 301 re-direct has had such an impact it would have been helpful to have known about it from those who might have been expected to have known before we allowed our content to move!

I think many would have taken quite a different decision if we had been aware that the 301 re-directs were going to create this scenario. But then would that have been in the interest of those selling Squidoo?

Sorry it's hard not to have a degree of cynicism as some walk away whilst we contend with the impact of what feels like semi-informed decision making.

1. Redneck Lady Luck profile image59
        Redneck Lady Luckposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I have been hit badly as well across all Hubpage accounts. Very disheartening.

14. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 9 years ago

And mine keeps on dropping and dropping and....yawn, fed up with looking at mine now. I was doing so good too. scared to even look at the stats in case I throw the pc out the window! never had it this bad before not since I started!

Gonna sulk now.... lol!

1. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Put the kettle on Nell and I'll come and sulk with you lol!

15. misterhollywood profile image90
    misterhollywoodposted 9 years ago

Mine is down by 65% by my calculations. No joke - more than half.

16. KarenTBTEN profile image76
    KarenTBTENposted 9 years ago

This is how things went with my pages this week;

I have a lot of lesson plan pages for books. It seemed like some of them up and vanished. I wondered if the Hubpages version had been indexed. I entered in the title of the book, the phrase "lesson plans" and the word Hubpages. My page showed up below three Pinterest pages leading to it.

That one, I realized, did not actually have the phrase "lesson plans" in the title (though I'm thinking it was maybe 1,500 - 2,000 words of mostly lesson plans).

So... I tried the same thing with a couple pages that did have the word "lesson plans" in the title. I entered the name of the book, the phrase "lesson plans", and the word "Hubpages".

And, Eureka... then my pages showed up above the Pinterest pages that were linking to them!

If you're writing lesson plans and you are trying to reach people who want lesson plans, then you absolutely MUST have the words lesson plan in your title.

17. incomeguru profile image95
    incomeguruposted 9 years ago

I'm stuck. I deserve to go on long vacation. Hopeful things will be alright when I come back. Goodbye my fellow hubbers. Always remember me in your prayers and wish me a happy and safe return lol

1. ologsinquito profile image82
      ologsinquitoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'll pray for your safe journey.

18. Buildreps profile image84
    Buildrepsposted 9 years ago

Something weird happened this morning. Yesterday evening my stats were updated since a few days. The counter 'page views ever' was standing at 36,750. This morning I checked again and it was standing at 36,361. So my counter ran back while I slept. Very strange.

These problems started weeks ago with a huge drop in hub rating from average 85 to 77 now. Now this traffic. I must be honest: I love Hubpages, but I'm getting tired that moderators keep turning the knobs.

Are there alternatives that equal Hubpages? Who knows?

1. Writer Fox profile image33
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Please send an email to HP staff about this: team@hubpages.com

I just noticed the same thing: Total Page Views Ever went down by 2,418 views, when my traffic has increased for the past seven days.  This never happens unless you have unpublished a Hub, which I haven't.

Now I'm worried about any effect this might have on the reliability of the impressions statistics for the HP ad program, which I have always blindly trusted before.

19. Organised Kaos profile image88
    Organised Kaosposted 9 years ago

One of the suggestions was to limit your affiliate links. How many would you feel is a fair amount to not 'upset' google's panda update.

Just curious, two to three seems to be what I use and wondering if I should limit them more?? lost near 1,000 views today so making a few tweeks.

1. shellys-space profile image60
      shellys-spaceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure how many affiliate networks you belong to? Why not test around with a couple hubs you need to update and start off with a lower number, like 2) and see what happens, if you can update the hubs and not lose value by doing this.

20. Linda BookLady profile image80
    Linda BookLadyposted 9 years ago

Traffic continues to plummet... these last two days... along with my Squidoo lens-hub disaster. I believe the Grinch has stolen Christmas. Maybe next Christmas will be better.

21. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

My traffic is nothing compared to many hubbers.  However, I have never seen so many blue triangles since I joined 3 years ago.

Not only is traffic going down the sewer, but earnings are in the toilet as well, all of a sudden.

22. hazelbrown profile image85
    hazelbrownposted 9 years ago

If traffic continues this way, there's no point to me being on hubpages. I do enjoy it, but what the heck! I hope things improve soon.

23. profile image0
    robertzimmerman2posted 9 years ago

I bet those who have been here a few years have seen this happen several times. What is the harm in riding it out? You created the hubs already so the time is gone. Make sure you have made them as good as you can and go do something else.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)