Un-official Hublove thread

Jump to Last Post 251-274 of 274 discussions (360 posts)
  1. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

That would be cool! Then you could buy yourself something nice. big_smile

1. Angela Harris profile image67
      Angela Harrisposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, treat myself on my birthday, baby.  wink

2. gamergirl profile image86

Woohoo! Party at Angela's house!

3. Angela Harris profile image67
    Angela Harrisposted 16 years ago

Anytime, Gamergirl, anytime.

4. gamergirl profile image86

Hey guys just a heads up, make sure you pay -REALLY- close attention to your tags on the Hublove hubs you write.  I pluralized yesterday's tag on one of my hubs and didn't tag it singular and so I didn't get the points for that hub.  No biggie, since it's only three entries into the daily drawing and wouldn't have put me ahead of anyone else or anything, but still one of those things that makes you go "D'oh!"

So yeah, make sure you tag PRECISELY what the clue tells you to tag so you don't miss out.  big_smile

Have fun tonight, everyone!

5. Angela Harris profile image67

OH...MY....GOSH....
    I would have bet money that the tag was supposed to be 'gadgets' with an 's'. I was confused just now checking the points board because mine didn't go up at all and I wrote 8 hubs.

I worked my butt off and got virtually no sleep last night or today. Gamergirl just revealed to me the problem. Yep, all 8 hubs were tagged 'gadgets'. Just goes to show what lack of sleep can do.

If it wasn't so frustrating, it would be hilarious. I'm sure a lot of people are getting a good laugh from this, and I can't blame them. But I'm about on the verge of tears. Gosh, I gotta get some sleep.

On a much lighter note, congratulations to all of the winners today!

1. stephhicks68 profile image86
      stephhicks68posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Oh Angela!  I am sooooo sorry.  In fact, I might have made the same mistake.  Whitney published one of the first hubs and I saw her tags and I almost corrected her (no, not gadget, gadgets) then I went and looked at the clue....  Arrrgh.  I so feel your pain.  I sure hope you get some sleep and are feeling better tomorrow!  Steph

Thanks so much, Steph. Is your computer up and running again or are you still stuck in the dungeon? Now I'm curious. I wonder why we both were convinced the clue was gadgets?

Strangest thing - I took my computer to work, logged in, and took it home.  Now it works agin.  So, I'm back in the room of the living (ignoring them all until bedtime LOL).

6. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

Wow - sorry gamergirl!  Sometimes I forget if its singular or plural so I just put both in as tags.  Yikes.

7. gamergirl profile image86

I noticed that your points hadn't gone anywhere, and then I saw mine and was like.. oh my god, noooooo...  I feel worse for you, Angela, then I do for myself. sad  *big hugs and knocks you out with nyquil so you catch up on your rest*

8. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Every time I've posted a hub for the contest, I double check and triple check the HubLove clue page and then my hubs at the end of the night, and then the next morning. And again before the closing of the day. I've found  that on some of the clues (recipe I remember for sure) the tag was there at night but it had disappeared the morning thereafter. I'm not sure what was up with that but it's happened before. One time the tag disappeared on all of the hubs I had written the night before, and I know they were there because it's the first tag I add and I check before I shut the internet off.

9. gamergirl profile image86

Today is the first time I've noticed it.  Thanks for the tip, though, with three days left.. LOL

You're a hoot, Whitney. wink

10. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

I quadruple check all the tags too. 

I just got back from a Hapkido self-defense workshop.  It was very cool, and I got some stress out with the kicking and yelling.  Nice.

Happy hubbing.

Sounds like a good environment, Stacie.  Oh, I crack myself up.   LOL

11. Angela Harris profile image67

Gamergirl, thanks for the sympathy. You're sweet. Nyquil! Why didn't I think of that.

What especially sucks is that like Whitney and Stacie mentioned, I usually double check the tag clue and all of the tags as well. (Not to the extent that Whitney does.) wink  But for some reason I didn't check the clue today. I just assumed. That is why I think it was because of lack of sleep.

Hapkido? I've never heard of it, but it sounds like something I need right now. (After I sleep.)

12. Angela Harris profile image67

By the way, Gamergirl, just so you know- As of right now, I have no hubs even started. And the clue IS environment, correct? Not environmental or some such?

13. gamergirl profile image86

include the tag environment

says the hubcluethingus.

So - environment it is.

I'm working on one right now, I lost my steam after going grocery shopping. LOL

14. Angela Harris profile image67

I'm glad, Steph. I would totally freak out if my laptop died on me. It's my baby, sadly.

15. gamergirl profile image86

One down, one more in the works.. I've really got to do work tomorrow while I'm on the clock, so most likely I'll only get two in.

Here's to hoping my Hubs are acceptable!

Way to go, Gamergirl. You're still 2 ahead of me. I just can't get motivated tonight. Maybe I can pull some together tomorrow before the deadline. I certainly hope so.

16. gamergirl profile image86

You probably will have like, 6.  LOL

Don't be discouraged.  I'm only writing hubs now to stay in the top five and attempt to be in the running for that awesome daily prize.

Don't worry, either.  Sleep if you need to, relax.  We're pretty safe (unless Patty pulls out ten hubs tonight or tomorrow night.)

17. Angela Harris profile image67

Thanks for the encouragement, Gamergirl. I have managed to finish one. Have a good night's rest as well and talk to you tomorrow.

18. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 16 years ago

This contest is not too great for us non-US-Hubbers. I haven't been able to get any of my own writing done because I'm flitting back and forth between all these great new hubs that I just have to read...So I too will be glad when its all over, so I can get a bit more sleep or work done next week. Good luck to all you writers...may the force be with you...regards Zsuzsy

19. Angela Harris profile image67

Zsuzsy Bee, That is such a kind comment. I would probably have been able to write more hubs for the contest if I wasn't reading the other ones as well. There are some fantastic writers on here that really come up with creative ideas for hubs.
    Too bad the contest was limited to US residents. I know some out of US-ers that would have been tough competition. You, Zsuzsy Bee, are of course one of them.

Gotta go to sleep now myself.

20. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Don't forget to tag correctly everyone!

My arms are sore from "fake" falling over and over tonight at the workshop.  It's hard to type.

21. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

I really love this community!  You guys are all awesome!  Thanks Charlotte for the encouraging words.  I started a second environment hub yesterday, but I watched TV last night instead.  I really need to finish a project at work today, so maybe I'll finish my report on the rain forest after the contest is over.....

Good luck everyone in these last few days!!

22. Angela Harris profile image67

Whew! I managed somehow to whip up 5 environmental hubs before the deadline. It's not 10, but still better than none at all.

23. gamergirl profile image86

Well that just means I won't ever catch up to you, ladybird.. LOL  Great job, you deadline posting meanie you.  tongue  (I'm totally kidding with you here, just so people who have been watching my posts like vultures *cough* don't get the wrong idea)

Thanks a lot, Charlotte. (I never know whether to call you by your actual name or Gamergirl. Preferences?) And I TOTALLY know that you're joking. I can tell by all of the cute pet names. wink

24. gamergirl profile image86

LOL  Hey, you can call me Charlotte.  I don't mind. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)