Stats Frozen Again

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12052549.jpg
    Looks like stats are frozen again. I noticed yesterday, despite views on hubs, the stats are not indicating such. Have you noticed this too?

1. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yep. Last update was 40 hours ago.

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sha, yes, but looks like they are moving now a bit!

2. FlourishAnyway profile image96
      FlourishAnywayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So frustrating that at first it was small time periods now it is days and days and very frequent with no explanation.

Hi Flourish, you're right, it does seem like for days and usually right towards the end of the week into the weekend.  On another note, I love your new profile photo, but I love the previous one too.  All lovely.  Have a great weekend, dear friend.

3. Frank Atanacio profile image75
      Frank Atanacioposted 9 years agoin reply to this

it really sucks sad

I know, dearest Frank ... truly does, but have no fear for I believe they are no longer frozen and starting to thaw.  Stay warm and have an amazing weekend ahead.  Bless you always

4. Shinkicker profile image54
      Shinkickerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have a row of duck eggs on my stats. But that's not too unusual LOL I'm assuming they are about to hatch some clucking digits. (Pardon my francais)

Oui, oui, shinkicker ... LOL or quack, quack and they should be clucking at this time now.  You have an interesting hubber name.

5. Maina Ndungu profile image92
      Maina Ndunguposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've now accepted HP's suggestion that we should adopt the use of Google analytics. Their stats don't hang. What's more they're more detailed. I'm now getting my real-time data from my mobile.

1. Sue Adams profile image96
        Sue Adamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1

It seems to be the norm now that HP stats get stuck near and during weekends.
        On the up side, all the Earnings Reports are as normal, updated until yesterday.

Isn't that the main thing?

Hi Sue,

It sure does appear that way ... towards the end of the weeks, heading into the weekend.  They are now moving a bit.  Yes, I know for many it is truly all about the money, "Show me the money!"

2. Faith Reaper profile image84

Hello maina,

Yes, that is a good suggestion about the real-time stats, especially on mobile.

6. The Examiner-1 profile image61
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Only be concerned with writing, correcting errors and keeping Hubs above low scores.

Hi Kevin,

You're right, no sense in being concerned about such problems when they happen so often now.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61

That is correct Faith, I do not pay attention to them and since I have made low income since I began I do not pay attention to that either. I just keep moving forward by writing and seeing my Hubs move around. I watch for any getting violations or being unfeatured.

Yes, just keep writing.  I do not write for money on HubPages and used it initially to tell how the Lord God had healed me of breast cancer and other miracles in my life to glorify Him.  Of course, I have added a variety of topics now, but that still is my passion in my heart to share about Him.  I am been remiss in publishing due to a lot going on in my personal life and work life.  I have an hour commute during the week into the city, and then have so much else going on to tend to ... I wonder how I ever published one or two hubs a week before!  LOL  I have so many ideas to publish hubs, but just have to have time to make sure I do my best in writing them.  I do not want to publish something just to publish something, if you understand my meaning.  I want it to be of high quality and with a great message to impact lives, even if just one, as well as try my hand a more fiction stories that are different and creative.

I hope you enjoy a beautiful weekend.  I it a beautiful and sunny day here, and cold.  I don't mind the cold (here in the Deep South, it is not too cold, but cold enough), when the sun is shining and the skies are so beautifully blue.

God bless and take care

I know what you mean Faith. I was searching Monster (and others) for an online job and HP came up, I came on here and since then I write for other reasons. I began with one/two things to write about and it has spread.
              Congratulations on your self cure, it takes much will and inner power to overcome something like that.
              It is too bad about your commute. That is two hours in addition to your work hours out of each day.
              I hope that you have a nice weekend too. It is supposed to be sunny all day with a high of 60*. I know that 60* in the winter is colder than 60* in the spring lol, but at least the sun is supposed to be out - and blue skies.

Oops, I meant I have been remiss in publishing.  Yes, I am usually away from home for at least 10 hours of the day during the week, so I will comment very early in the morning before heading out to work in the city, or later in the evenings after arriving home.  I try to write on the weekends to publish on a weekday (well, when I write).  However, I have also been concentrating on writing and working on my novel, a political thriller, which is a work in progress.

Enjoy the lovely sunny day with blue skies.

Bless you

You seem to be doing well for the time which you have Faith, and good luck with your novel. :-)
                  I enjoy seeing the sun and blue skies but I sit inside this house wearing knit hat, neck warmer, sweatshirt. It is warmer outside.
                  Have a nice weekend.
                  Kevin

2. johndwilliams profile image84
    johndwilliamsposted 9 years ago

Yeah mine haven't been updated for like 40 hours or so....

Hello johndwilliams,

Thank you for confirming.  Yes, that is about right on the timing.  Here we go again, but hopefully it is a small glitch ... maybe due to the new format changes of hubs, they have to work out all of the bugs?

Yes, it was about that, but now since I have arrived home, I see there has been a little movement in the stats ...

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

Yup. Same crap, different week.

Yep, FatFreddysCat, just a different week ...

4. LongTimeMother profile image93
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

It will be more frustrating for ex-squids than those of us who are used to it. 41 hours in the lead-up to a weekend makes me think we're headed for at least another 41 hours. Of course, I'm happy to be proven wrong. Any optimists among us?

That is a good point about the squids, LongTimeMother.  Well, I was thinking along those lines too for another 40 hour run, but since I arrived home, I noticed they are moving a bit!

5. stuff4kids profile image60
    stuff4kidsposted 9 years ago

I think the only way to live with this situation and not go completely mad is to assume that Hubpages doesn't come with stats. Stats do not update. It's just a kind of residual feature that no longer works. A hangover from way back. No stats updates is now the norm. Every now and then, we might get a brief insight into what's happening. But no stats is the norm now. That's the observable truth. What's to do? *shrugs* *make sad face* *sighs*

1. LongTimeMother profile image93
      LongTimeMotherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol. And on the days when they do update every couple of hours, we could just consider it an unexpected bonus. Works for me. smile

Hi stuff4kids, seems to be the norm, as you state ...boo hoo, sigh, but alas, they are moving now : )

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Stats update when they get updated. I think the every 24 hour thing is gone!   Now with issues with the new format, and testing of more changes,  bugs with stats etc will continue to be on the back burner.

Hi LindaSmith1, yes, that is what I was thinking with all of the new formatting of hubs, etc., the stats just may be on the back burner as you state.

7. Dressage Husband profile image68
    Dressage Husbandposted 9 years ago

It seems that there are just not enough technical people at HQ smacks as the same as Squidoo. They want to make a living of the authors, but do not want to invest in the machinery to make sure everyone benefits. I seem to recall a certain Mr Godin making the same mistake.

Hello Dressage Husband,

Oh, yes, that is a really great point there about the necessary techy persons and enough to handle all of these issues.

8. johndwilliams profile image84
    johndwilliamsposted 9 years ago

...I think I am becoming a stat-addict!

Forget my writing - where's my fix!

LOL

9. incomeguru profile image95
    incomeguruposted 9 years ago

Hubpages facing serious problem that is getting compounded day by day.

Hello incomeguru,

It sure seems that way, but let's just hope it is due to all of the changes going on at HP with the new hub formatting and such.

10. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Maina: GA and HP do not do stats the same way, Numbers never match up.

Dressage; You see that too!  I remember so many issues there, but the time was spent changing the look of the site.  The locked lenses, issues with lenses etc were not addressed.  They were too busy playing with the site and now I assume making plans for the impending future. Now we all know what the future meant at squidoo.   I am putting content elsewhere. If I have an issue I can't figure out, and those in forums which are set up better than here, can't give me an answer that works, a simple email to admin gets a response within 24 hours or less most of the time.

1. Maina Ndungu profile image92
      Maina Ndunguposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hae LindaSmith
      I acknowledge that HP & GA data is different. I've confirmed with the real-time metrics/dimensions thing that some views do not get registered. I've been doing some modifications to my hubs in an effort to recover from the Google updates. Every time I finish editing, I hit the "done editing" button and open GA in new tab. It's supposed to show instantly a new entry, the page and location. Sometimes, it doesn't.

Also, I checked  the number of impressions from my HP account for last month. Comparing the Ad program and GA stats, there's a discrepancy in the ratio of about 26:23

11. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

Thank you for reporting this. smile

I was just checking if there was a new thread on this, before I started one.

You're welcome, colorfulone.  Looks like the stats are starting to melt a bit for I see a little movement now!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)