Satan is the father of all lies, yet God tells lies?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (38 posts)
  1. wormdo profile image61
    wormdoposted 13 years ago

I'll be the first to admit that it's been a long time since I read the Bible, and this forum is filled with people who know more about the Bible than I do. Which is why I come to you with this question:

Satan is the father of all lies. Yet God has told lies in the Bible before. To give an example: I'm thinking about that time God told Abraham he wanted Abraham to sacrifice his own son. When Abraham agreed, God told him that it had been a test of his loyalty and faith, and that he didn't really want Abraham's son to be sacrificed.

So if God didn't want Abraham to sacrifice his son, wasn't he lying when he said at first that he did? How do Christians assimilate this with the belief that Satan is behind all lies?

I'm not asking this to try and question your faith or challenge it, it's a genuine question because I feel like I'm missing something here.

1. spookyfox profile image60
      spookyfoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"How do Christians assimilate this with the belief that Satan is behind all lies?"

As they do with everything that doesn't make sense, denial smile The whole religion is based on lies, why would you expect their god not to do the same.

On the other hand, if he does exist, who said Satan is behind all lies? That'd be god, and if god lies...

1. Gregory Phillips profile image60
        Gregory Phillipsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Church people seem to tell more lies than anyone else.  I see them begging for money so they can have personal jets to talk to god.  They don't want poor people in their assemblies either but hey can run a project like a slum lord.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image79
      DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God created all things..Including satan...therefore he is the Father of all things...

So he created lies as well.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79

He had to of...He Created everything (according to the believers) so he created lies as well...and since he is the father of all things (according to the believers) that would make him the Fatehr of lies as well...For that matter he would be the father of both Jesus and Satan if you look at it from angle.

2. Gregory Phillips profile image60

The bible says that all things were created by him so if that's true then yes he did author the lie.

3. Trichakra profile image60
          Trichakraposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No, he has created lies.

3. kess profile image61
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You confusion comes because the concept of the word of God preccedes and goes beyond any form of writings...

So those who convinces you that the book is the word of god.. do not know what they are talking about because they never understood in the first place.....

So what do you expect...?

And spiritual writing will be confusing to those who are not Spiritual in themselves....though they may appear so because of the writings themselves.

But a look alike aint the real thing.

The concept of the word god or the concept of god?

1. kess profile image61

The both are one and the same.....

Get anyone right is to get the other right also,,,,

So the concept of the word sheep for example, is the same as the concept of a sheep? You really believe that?

1. kess profile image61

please yourself with whatsoever you desire...you choose your answers...it matters not to me.

You avoid to answer and try to cease all communication with overly cryptical messages. If you don't care what someone else thinks, and you don't wish to talk about anything else than your own opinion, why do you post in the forums?

1. kess profile image61

Seeing that the question come from you.. you should understand the concept of vain questioning...

But if you take the time to ask proper thoughtful questions, you would also find that the answer always comes with the question and that you need not ask anything...

And what so ever I say is enough meat for the thoughtful reader but would be only jest for the rest...

So as a man thinks in his heart so is He and a man will be himself...

4. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NO!   Because it would be blasphemy to think badly of God...since He is all powerful, and can do really bad things to us---at least that's what the GOOD book says.  So we have become His sycophants.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm118chair.gif   ...might makes right!

Cause God said it...and He can do really bad things to us...and deny us everlasting life... yikes

5. bgamall profile image66
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The police tell lies in order to catch a murderer. Some lies are noble, like Rahab.

6. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is perfect. He is incapable of lying.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can a god be incapable of anything?

7. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Allow me to make you the most knowledgeable person on Internet ... So Forget about who's been saying what on the internet ... and start Following, the most Practical route to Knowledge and Wisdom ...

And ... The easy way to Follow, Is:

"Follow, whats Natural ... you, will always, invariably, be Correct, meaning, what you say or you do, will always be Correct, and True " ...

I say, Trust my words ... once again !

8. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77
      wba108@yahoo.composted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes god tested Abraham by asking him to do something that was out of character for God. The Christian walk always has a contradiction, God will often place Christians in a position where they will be tempted to doubt Him so they will have to choose either to believe Him or not. This is where we as Christians can glorify God by choosing to believe in spite of contrary evidence.

Yes, it does appear that God mislead Abraham, I don’t believe it makes God a liar because it was His motive to test Abraham. What’s in the heart or the motive is really what matters to God. Abraham passed the test because He knew God’s heart and trusted Him.

9. Gregory Phillips profile image60

Deception is deception and it is a form of lie.  If Satan supposedly deceived Eve in the garden is this not the very same principle?

2. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

A test is not a lie, but can provide a wrong answer.

A test, by definition is not a lie of course, but it can contain one.

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile Yup!  That's how it can provide a wrong answer!  big_smile lol

3. Trish_M profile image80
    Trish_Mposted 13 years ago

God can break his own rules ~ apparently.

The commandments say 'do not kill / murder' ~ yet look at all of those annihilated babies (eg. King David's baby and all of those Amalekite infants.

I don't see the logic, but others seem to smile

The contradictions compound themselves.  Just look at the Genesis story.  Chapter 1 is different that chapter 2 and they're supposedly the same account.  How can this be?  Don't believe me just read it for yourself.

4. profile image52
    thewordofgodposted 13 years ago

God is the truth who is nothing but thoughts (conscience). He planned everything within his thoughts. Then God's first creation was light energy that was needed to create everything else. This means man was created by the light of God and it says in Genesis that man was created in the image of God.

The light energy formed all the atoms of the physical universe and the bodies we need to experience our created thoughts in God. This energy transmitted the thoughts into the brains of our bodies to make them function accoring to God's plans. This is our life and we can lay dormant in God forever unless God gives us a body to use to experience our life.

There were also bodies made for God to use for his purpose and they were called the prophets, Jesus and saints. These are the bodies that God used to have them speak for him. This means the light of God was their created existence. There are many scriptures about these people being the light.

In order to work with these bodies, God had to corrupt the DNA of all flesh to make them liars and form a worldwide delusion. this made it easier for his bodies to hear his voice of truth. This corrupted DNA can be changed by God so he was able to change the DNA of his saints to make them sinless like Jesus was. Then their bodies would be totally obedient to him and not hostile like the sinners were.

This is what the flesh of man is called satan, or devil, demons, lucifer, serpent, the dead, wicked, thief, murderer, idolater, etc. The the light energy is called the Word of God and this corrupt DNA made the flesh reject or hate the Word. The Word is the law and commandments of God that are designed to kill the flesh during this age. No flesh can obey the law and commandments except Jesus and the saints after they were made sinless.

The prophets died according to the law because they couldn't be made sinless until the flesh sacrifice of Jesus. Even though their created existence is the Word, their bodies were condemned to death without them receiving the knowledge of God like Jesus and the saints did, which is called eternal life in the scriptures. It's also called the Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Holy Spirit, Light, Holy Ones, Remnant of Israel, Joseph and Judan, etc.

5. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

Satan isn't real. It's symbolic. The lies of Satan are only those ideas that pull you away from the light of wisdom. I don't think the point of the story of Abraham and Isaac was that God has a sick sense of humor, it seems it was simply to show  an example of someone who had faith, at whatever the cost. Maybe to point out that there are many precious things you will have to be willing to give up in your journey to follow the light of wisdom. The first born to an ancient would be a prime example of one of their most precious things, so of course the writer would seize on that to make a point.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79

Good Point. I like it.

6. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Satan is the father of all lies

Yes, I agree.

I think that God is really the father of all lies.  What kind of sick mind tells someone to put their child on an alter and sacrifice them?

7. johnnypenn profile image60
    johnnypennposted 13 years ago

I just want to cleaar up the story about Abraham sacrificing his son. God told him too and Abraham was dedicated to God so he was going to it. Once he prooved his Faith in God - God put the ram there so that Abraham could sacrifice that instead of his First born son.

That wasn't a lie. God was testing Abraham's faith. There is a difference.

On the other hand, the Theif {devil] comes to steal, kill and destroy. John 10 something, I cannot remember the exact verse. This means that Satan will do everything in his power to embitter people against God so that they go to Hell when they die. The Believers are givent he job to spread the Gospel to people in the hopes that they will accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour so that they can go to Heaven.

God doesn't Lie. I don't give a shit about other people agreeing with this sentiment. God still loves them. No matter waht sort of abuse they hurle at God's children.

1. bgamall profile image66
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rahab lied and it was an act of faith. So, there are lies of faith and there are damn lies!

1. johnnypenn profile image60
        johnnypennposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It wasn't a lie. God wasn't lying to Abraham.
        I dare someone to show me when God didn't deliver on a promise!

He told Noah to go and preach to people to come back to God - otherwise their city would be destroyed. Noah did, after a stint in a whale/fish - and the city wasn't destroyed because the People asked God's forgiveness and went back to him.

Sodom and Gamora, God sai that he would destroy the cities and he sent his angels to the single man in the city who was righteous. The man begged God to give him a chance, if he found 50 rightous people would God leave the city intact? the numbers kept going down, but the man wasn't able to find anyone dedicated to God.

God told the man to take his family and go and if anyone looked back they'd be turned into salt. God destroyed the city and when Lots wife looked back, she was turned into salt.

Sorry, but if God says he's gonna do something He is gonna do it!

8. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Satan is the father of all lies; sure.

No blemish could be attributed to the Creator-God.

9. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

@ts your topic is logically incorrect...who created satan?..god did...not if satan is father of all lies , who is father of satan?...god...so god has ability to create ,creator of lies then can't god have ability to lie too...secondly religion is full of lies...now should be blame humans who were created by god , satan ,who too was created by god or god who created satan , humans and allowed satan to play with human life and punish humans because of getting influenced by satan whom god knew would interfere and whom god himself created...

I'm a firm believer that God is some drug addled bozo hiding behind the veil of creation tampering with people for fun.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)