Where are my fellow Pagans & Witches?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (30 posts)
  1. kittythedreamer profile image75
    kittythedreamerposted 12 years ago

Hi! I'd love to meet fellow Pagans and Witches on Hubpages. Share with me your beliefs and pantheon, if any. Your favorite holiday/Sabbat? Any other encouraging thoughts or words of love to share?

I am an eclectic solitary witch, looking to meet and commune with other open-minded and loving Pagans and witches.

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Change your mind, change the world!  smile

kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, though I'm not quite sure how to take that.

Magick is real through changes in your perceptions.

Got ya! Thanks.

2. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi kitty! I'm a medium (don't tell Beelzedad!). I don't practice it but I was born this way. It's great meeting you!

I won't tell Beelzedad, I promise. Nice to talk to ya, klarawieck. smile

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

I am a Pagan but have no rules or rituals whatever. Friend was over and asked me if he should take this particular job. I said no. He
    disagreed. Then he said if the next seen bird
    is one I will take the job. If the next seen birds are two or more, I will not. It was two
    and he said he would not. Not something I particularly practice, but an example when reality is considered intelligent.

Hi, knolyourself! Nice to meet you. Wow! What an awesome story, really. I would say that I practice a similar rite for certain minor decisions, but not usually in decisions such as career path or love or family matters. I have to look inward for those answers! I actually mix Christian beliefs with Pagan beliefs...and practice some witchcraft, as well. Most people criticize and judge me for this, but it doesn't matter to me, because this is my path and not theirs. Blessed Be.

3. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"similar rite for certain minor decisions, but not usually in decisions such as career path or love or family matters." Hi. I decided a long
    time ago that the mind cannot predict the future.
    Where I am at this minute could not be predicted
    3 weeks ago. So how does one decide? Signs are a matter of interpretation and can be misinterpreted. When in doubt and my body doesn't seem to know, I use the I Ching. It is always right.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Hello Kitty.
    Pleased to meet you.
    You could say I am a Gnosticist, which isnt really pagan as such as I do believe in The Source of Creation. And then there is The All, which I see as all of physical existence on some level existing as a unified whole. I do however offer gratitude and reverence to the great complexities of nature and what can be learned and utilized from them, as many traditional or self-described pagans have expressed. My demiurge is the pursuit of knowledge of any kind, whether it be scientific, metaphysical, psychological or practical. I don't feel it necessary to construct a pantheon since I feel no need to actually worship say for instance, the sun, moon or earth but simply to be graceful in accepting their role in my creation and by finding the best ways to identify and accept my role in the greater sense of Creation.
    I have always struggled with the word pagan, eventhough I have always known on some level that I am not a traditional monotheist. And as for spellcasting and rituals, I know from experience that it can be very dangerous for self-deceived individuals in the rare occurence that such things actually produce a truly paranormal result.

Wonderful to meet you, Jonathon. It sounds like you are a very wise and spiritual person and I appreciate that! Whether Pagan, Christian, Muslim, Gnosticist, it doesn't matter to me. As long as you are following your own path to enlightenment! Merry meet and have a great day!

5. Merlin Fraser profile image61
    Merlin Fraserposted 12 years ago

I am a Pagan, but not of the Neo kind.  to me Paganism is a way of life it is not and never was a religion. I hope that makes sense.

Let me lead you to a couple of Hubs I wrote a while ago on the subject, see if we are on the same wavelength.

6. Amberstormraven profile image59
    Amberstormravenposted 12 years ago

Merry meet everyone. I'm a Pagan and although it's a bit looked down on in S.A. I am still proud of it. I have been on this path about 6 years and like to learn more everyday. My ideas change from time to time, but that makes me just more interesting. Hope you all having a great day!!

1. Merlin Fraser profile image61
      Merlin Fraserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I find it sad to hear that any country or people look down upon Pagans and our beliefs, to me it shows a sad lack of education and a very high level of ignorance.

Where do these people think we all came from ?     We were all Pagans once.

Look beneath the ceremonies and holy days of most religions and you will see Paganism.  Take Christmas and Easter for instance, no one knows when Jesus was born, or even if he existed at all, if they knew the day he died why takeover a Pagan festival to honour his death ?  It doesn’t even fall upon the same day every year, and few ever ask why.  Even the name is Pagan, and is the festival of Ester, Goddess of Spring and fertility hence the symbols of eggs and rabbits.

Christmas the same, 25th December is the birthday of the Sun God,  not the son of God, tell that to those  who would taunt you and belittle your belief.

We are Pagans,  we invented the Gods, all of them... so you have nothing to shy away from if we chose to honour the Sun you can tell them that no Pagan ever declared war upon another Pagan in the belief that our Sun was better than their Sun !

Merlin - interestingly, the Christian "Easter" holiday can be calculated by taking the Spring Equinox (Ostara), finding the next full moon after Ostara, and then the following sunday following that full moon is considered Easter. Even more interestingly, if Easter Sunday falls on a full moon following Ostara, Easter gets pushed to the next  Sunday, as they never want Easter to fall on a full moon! Craziness, huh? I've always found the Christian holidays to be fascinating in that they've taken over or tried to extinguish the Pagan roots. Valentine's Day is another example and the list goes on!

7. jasoncox83 profile image61
    jasoncox83posted 12 years ago

Don't worry we are still here, not all of us are hiding in broom closets :p

Nice to meet you, Jason! Thanks for posting. smile Blessed be.

8. Amberstormraven profile image59
    Amberstormravenposted 12 years ago

Very true words Merlin. Around here people still believe in stoning and burning people accused of witchcraft. I believe to educate people and even if I just get one to understand I feel a battle won.

Thanx Jason, it's good to know that there are places where we can still gather and feel part of a group.

Amberstormraven - where do you live in that they still believe in persecuting witches? That's abominable! Blessed be.

9. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

Hi, I think you know I am already! lol I mix my Pagan with Christianity too, I call it keeping all my options open! seriously I think I was born pagan, never thought of being any other way! If you saw my house you wouldn't have any doubt! lol

I believe you, Nell. I've always felt that connection with you through your hubs! I think I was born Pagan too, though none of my family is! They are mostly radical Christians, truth be told. And they think I'm going to hell, but oh well...I guess they'll never get it!

10. Extinct Soul profile image61
    Extinct Soulposted 12 years ago

wiccan apprentice here! http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/152/2/8/emoticon_waving_by_cherrygal96-d3htn6j.gif

Awesome! Merry meet, Extinct Soul.

11. sublimegurl439 profile image65
    sublimegurl439posted 12 years ago

I'm a new Pagan.. I'm in a year in a day class learning all about it. I'm almost in my 2nd year. I have really found my path.

Stay true to yourself. smile

12. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 12 years ago

Hi Kitty,

great to catch up with you on the forum. As you maybe already know - from reading each others hubs - I'm not affiliated to any one belief system as such, but if I had to choose, I probably swing more towards Paganism than anything else - I think their views on nature, the environment and so on are very in tune with my own. Bright Blessings!

13. eapratte profile image60
    eapratteposted 12 years ago

I've been a Pagan all of my life; I just didn't know there was a term to describe what I am until I was about 14. I'm an eclectic Pagan. Some people would consider me a witch, and I use the word sometimes too, but I usually use Pagan to describe my religion/way of living. I don't have a pantheon. I know about many and their stories, but when I pray, etc, I typically say God and Goddess, or Lord and Lady, who are the same person to me as I see the Divine as both male and female (and neither). My favorite holidays are Samhain (it always feels like the New Year for me, truly) and Yule.
    I've met all sorts of Pagans. We're a very diverse group. Sometimes it's hard finding select Pagans you really click with since we all have different beliefs, but that's what makes us great too. I'd love to join a tradition but haven't found a group yet that feels right.
    My beliefs are taken from absolutely everywhere. I find that I can find at least one thing I agree with or relate to from every religion. I call myself Pagan because I believe that the Divine is in everything, and nature/the universe is His/Her most organic form on this plane. I don't worship the earth per say, I worship through the earth. Magic to me is a form of "active-prayer." I also believe in meditation, subtle energies, reincarnation, and an after-life. I believe there is only one path to God for a person and that is the individual path in each and every person, so I don't really believe in conversion or very organized religions. Jesus is my home-boy, Buddha my meditation buddy, and the Fair-Folk are my backyard neighbors :]

14. newbizmau profile image86
    newbizmauposted 7 years ago

Interesting comment about mixing witchcraft or pagan beliefs with Christianity. If most people knew that most of our Christian holidays began as pagan ones, then what would they think. If any Christians are reading this and wonder what I'm speaking of please google Ishtar and Easter.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Easter started as a Christian celebration of the resurrection.  That it vaguely aligned with the soltice, and Ishtar, was irrelevant.  And still is irrelevant even though some of the Pagan celebration slowly made it into that of Easter.

But whether it became a part of it or not, Easter still originated as purely Christian.  And so did Christmas, although the date of that one was deliberately chosen to closely coincide with Pagan celebrations as well and the result was that Pagan beliefs nearly took it over.

That there was a Pagan "holiday" close to the time of Christian ones does not mean that the Christian leaders designing a holiday did so with pagan beliefs in mind.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)