Can we all just get along???......................Are you breathing???

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (107 posts)
  1. ElElyone profile image60
    ElElyoneposted 14 years ago

Yes, I will make this a hub after I am done OK?

I have been a member of HP for long enough to write 30 hubs and have plenty of fans, my "score" always being in the 90's (big deal, some have "told me" to go write a hub, assuming I have not, funny how they are often "trying" to tell me what to do lol). Up until recently I had not been in these forums and so when I came here I really had no expectation as to what they would be like. I simply "thought" it would be a place where you could openly, frankly, directly, transparently and FREELY speak your mind without censorship, just like as if we were standing on the corner and talking. Things get heated and people may "get into it", but then go and play baseball together 5 minutes later, go home and sleep on it. big_smile

In 2 weeks I have posted some 700 times using different angles and user names (big deal), so one cannot say "I am NOT involved and consistently here", often being in 5-6 forums at the same time.

'Without censorship"...well, that turned out Not to be true!!!  lol

Bibowen said it best and he talks completely different than I do and so does 'aka dj" or many others here who are believers and that IS the POINT. No matter how any of us talk, you unbelievers find fault with it and start crying and run and report it. "Your not nice enough for me so I am taking my ball and going home." I have NEVER "told" anyone to leave, I have pointed out that they said "I am done talking to you"...and then they return to talk to me. (about 5 of you so far have done it)

BIBOWEN "Whether you are 16 or 66 the advice is still the same. If you don't want to be criticized, called names, ridiculed, jeered, poked, etc. Then don't say anything worth hearing.....If you put your opinion out there, people are going to stomp on it. Stop wearing your feelings on your sleeve. Most of the comments toward you aren't "intolerant"; it's just how people respond when they disagree. Some are more direct, others indirect. Some are highly sarcastic; others, less so. But if you are going to participate in the "opinion-giving" game, you have to develop a tough skin for it.....My opposition only encourages me to think clearer and write better. Take the railing that you receive from your opposition and use it toward your advantage.....There is too much preoccupation with method. The most important thing is what is being said, not how it is delivered. If you have to be softened, coddled, soothed every time you hear something, you are not going to know much that is worth knowing. In fact, your world is going to be a small one.....So if he uses bold print? It's his quarter to spend.....And how did people respond?.....They stopped their ears; they didn't want to hear it. It wasn't sophisticated.....They were "bashed" (my words) for proclaiming an unpopular message to people who had to be verbally stroked before they could listen."

"Wipe your feelings off your sleeves. If you oppose people's views, expect to be hit back. If you don't want to be hit, go bake cookies and then send us all some. I work hard (overtime) never to take the comments personally."

This is a forum the same as any other, any subject people talk about in public is going to be debated, names will be called and I have been called plenty, even one had to be "snipped" because it was so vulgar (Mark), insults hurled and feelings hurt. That is done in the real world just like in here.big_smile

If in public I thought you were an idiot I would tell you, or fat or stupid or nice or wise or kind or neat or friendly or crazy or even a fool (if you say that God does NOT exist) or patient or loving or angry or, or, or ??? At least you know where I stand. To think it is one thing, to say it takes courage, weather the opinion is good or bad, do not say one thing and think another.

People who are NOT religious (like myself, I am NOT, never claimed to be, it's a label I do NOT use, I just believe in God) so the ones who do NOT believe come into the forum marked religion and cry about the "religious arguing" that is going on here. How odd, did they expect total agreement? If I were to go into a forum about sports, I would expect gigantic arguments and in fact have, man people get down right bloody vicious, go to blows, start riots and even kill others over a bloody soccer game. lol

They do the same thing with religion and people think this is God???.....NOT!!!

Sports has become a "religion" to them. God is NOT religion, people make a god "out of" religion!!! Idiots do ALL kinds of things in the name of religion and their little gods they make up. This is NOT God AT ALL and He will tell them He never knew them when they stand before Him soon enough after they expire and are filled with maggots below the daises.

People constantly say "you are jamming it down my throat" or "quit pushing your opinions on me" or "you have no proof" or (my favorite) "you are intolerant" or "you are rude".  Again, no matter which believer is talking they tell them the same thing, some more, some less. big_smile

Seems like the "unbelievers" have one standard for believers and another for themselves, but they do NOT want anything to do with the standards they have for us. Like in their mind believers should behave a certain way and if they do, then "I will have nothing to do with it" and at the same time they tell us what we are suppose to behave like. big_smile

I can have all kinds of talks with all kinds of peoples and they can get very, very heated, but I still can go out and "PLAY BALL" afterwards and help them fix their car or whatever. big_smile

The scriptures are NOT about "all inclusive tolerance" anymore than you are. big_smile You have plenty of things that you will NOT "tolerate" and you prove it every time you click on "Religion' and many other things in your life to.

Probably a lot of "bottom lines" could be placed here, I will go with this one.

If you like religious discussions, God talk, Bible study, agreements, disagreements, debate, arguments, reasoning (means the same as "to argue") or talking about many gods or just ONE. Then come in here and do it, but don't cry about it, we do NOT offer Kleenex, diapers and bottles. And if you say you are leaving or not coming back, then leave and don't come back, do as you say, don't be double minded. big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Waaaaah ! No fair !

Please believe what I believe !..wink

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You read all that? WOW!!!Kudos to you man. I saw something about thick skin and tissues....

2. profile image0
        James Agbogunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a Novel! But, Why the Hullabaloo?

2. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why do you need to do that?

Why do you need to pretend to be someone else on here? Can't you be busy enough being just one person?

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

His Multiple Personalities might feel left out!

ElElyoneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nay...just MULTITASKING.

1. profile image49
            badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

PMSL !!

2. ElElyone profile image60

All of them are me, no problem, I can be a teacher, musician, artist, husband, father, provider, boss, friend, sportsman, home owner...and I am.

I can be all of these and more...big deal.

They are all me....NOT pretending.

2. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

so that was really long. I see you say you wrote hubs. Why does it say ...hubs,0 and why do you care what people say? Off to check you profile page now.

Like I said...I have 30....I have used more than one user.....did you not read that part?

1. profile image0

nope. "that was really long" did you not read that part? Who else are you? I will go read it. Honest.

3. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

wait.......what? You have 0 hubs, and one fan. what are you talking about?

Guess you did not read that I have more than one user?

1. profile image49

Do you realise how thick you sound ?

2. jiberish profile image80
        jiberishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So.......are we supposed to quess what other names you post under, or you going to give a clue at some point...or what?

1. profile image0

THANK YOU Jibberish. You look like Marylin Monroe kinda, by the way... I am confused. This is wierd....I have other things to do, Have fun all...

Bye smile

It does not matter what they are...it is a "non issue" smile

Well you got that right, this forum thread is a whole non issue...yet again! I wish Eyore (or whatever the name you want everyone to second guess!!) would start a good thread filled with inteligent talk instead of this load of puke inducing bogglewash!

Then do not read it or reply to it.

Only if you don't post this arse bilge in the first place!!

If I think something is BS then I do NOT waste my time reading it.

Anymore than I would eat a plate of BS....eating and reading are the same...you ingest them both.

Your doing well reading the rest of these forum comments pretty well, aren't you?

2. profile image49

Oh dear a contradiction again, saying I am gonna get a handslap for saying bullshit and there you are saying it. Ya really ought to buy a t-shirt with front typed on the front so ya know whether yer comin or going. Ya know wat, if you are an older hubber ya must have been a crap one cause I am bored with ya now, yer not worth my intellect !

2. frogdropping profile image78
                  frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Definitely from the mouth (or mind) of an englishman. Arse bilge. hehehe

*misses home sometimes*

I am a Welshman and glad to be one. big_smile

2. jiberish profile image80

Amen to that!

3. profile image0

Again, no. Guess you did not read that other thing I just posted?
        whats your big deal? in small words, I have a short attention span..

4. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

See you condradict yerself at the end, you start off mouthing about equal this and all that crap and then you end it by dictating to people what to do, ie as in if they say they are leaving then leave.

Now moi, I will leave when I feel like it and return when I feel like it and if you have a problem with that.

Hmm, well like I give a shit, so do we get on ?

1. profile image0

hey. yer back!!! Hi.  smile

1. profile image49

Ya miss me smile

1. profile image0

well, yeah. its been dull. is that you, in the avitar?

1. profile image49

Tis moi, decided to put an up to date one so I reckon that one is as it's an hour old smile

1. profile image0

smile who took it?
              To be honest, mine is about 2 years old now, but I dont have anyone to take a new one for me.

1. profile image49

My daughter took it and hey you know that is my fav pic of you so keep it up there, keep a BadCo happy smile

1. profile image0

I thought maybe your daughter took it. You look happy. I am keeping it for now. Till I get a newer one, wich youll just have to deal with!!  I got to go now, kids n stuff. Have fun BC!! Hugs.

People who are double minded and say one thing only to do another are the ones with the problem.

1. profile image49

Like yourself you fool lol, you really can't even see it can you. You really are a bigger fool than I thought !

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
            IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BadCo, are going to start crying foul when get flagged for your name calling again?  Is it really necessary? Come on here...smile

Mark, glad to read that your still hitting the forums!wink

1. profile image49

Chill my good friend I know how far I can go and trust me I will not go past that line smile

Only said that if people say the are leaving then do it...big deal.

1. profile image49

And I am saying I will if I want to not if you decide it's what you would like. You are so full off it, that whole piece of crap made me laugh and I can only laugh at who I think you are but hey that means you left and came back lol, am i right you fool ??

lol lol  Your missing the point, do you not do as you say?

If you say "I am leaving, never to return"...do you do that?
          Or are you wishey washey

1. profile image49

Misquote moi friend, you deff added the never to return but but setting that to the side what I do on Hubpages has nothing to do with you. Are you missing that concept, whether you are a newbie or an older hubber with this piece of bullshit name I dont care what you think, I do whatever to hell I want. If I say I am leaving, hey I have left just like you leave yer mummy to log on here. But then I say I will return just like you returned to type more bull, nod if you get the concept !

Say whatever you need to say.....I am not the one who will get a hand slap for pulling out vulgar language. smile

5. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I must be tired or hungry or both because I cant quit

lol  lol  lol

Ok Im going ,but Im coming back ,ive gotta door pass ya see smile

God I love people! Forest was right

Life is like a box of chocolates lol

1. profile image0

you never know what yer gunna git....
      I think EK you may be my favorite person here...

6. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

My entry into the debate (the one about evolution vs. creationism) was that there are as many holes in creationism as there are evolution.

I never saw it as a believer vs. non-believer debate as many people who believe in evolution also believe in God and see it as part of his plan.

Instead, I welcomed the debate as it helped bring to light some questions I had kept to myself for many years. In some cases, the answers didn't fit so I chose to stuff those questions back into the drawer, but those that seemed to make sense I placed in my mental rolodex for later review.

The reason I stopped returning your calls (El Elyone) is because you were moving a lively philosophical and scientific debate into the realm of impersonating a diety, and I just couldn't go with that.

As for being closed-minded ... my in-laws are Mormons, and I sit and listen to them hours, entranced by their beliefs. Some of it I agree with, some of it I don't, but at no point do I consider them wrong for what they believe ... as they should be allowed to chose for themselves.

And at no point do they condemn what I believe in, as they respect my views and listen to them in return.

I do agree that religion is a hut button, and I don't blame the people that push it, so much as I do the ones who tell them they must do so.

After all, when you go out and buy a car, do you walk away from the pushy salesperson? Most people do, because they are offended. Same goes with religion, as I'll listen for hours to someone who tells me how their faith works, without inferring that I am wrong if I disagree with any of it.

As stated before, I do believe, but in my own way ... and nowhere on any forum will you see me telling another person they will fall into purgatory if they do not believe as I do. If anything, my beliefs might be all wrong and listening to me could wind them up in a bad place ... and I don't want to be responsible for that.

Instead, I think it best religions just show themselves through their good acts and let people decide for themselves.

As for atheists ... I can't prove there is a God, anymore than they can prove there isn't, so I'm not about to command them to obey a supreme being when I am unable to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt one exists. What I will ask of them instead, is that they do their best to live a good life, as that's the basic core of all beliefs and perhaps enough to get them by, should God actually exist. And if he doesn't then I did them no harm.

And why would I even go to the rung of 'if he exists' or 'if he doesn't'? Because I can't prove what I believe in to be true, so I can't (in good conscious) expect others to believe the same as I do.

And you will note, at no point did I attack you or your beliefs in this response, as I see no need to do so. You are entitled to your beliefs, just as everyone else is entitled to theirs.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Wow, second flounce post on the forums today...

8. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

If a person cannot gain respect as him/herself why pretend to be a deity? Spouting scripture, which anyone can find easily enough, does no good at all except to irritate those attempting to skip over it. 

I don't think anyone is surprised at the multiple accounts used as they seemed to be the same person with a different name and avatar.  The message was the same old stuff.  "Believe like I do or burn in hell."  Good approach!

9. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Slap my hand Mama smile

10. yoshi97 profile image57

Actually, what you have discovered is that people will argue passionately over belief, which isn't something new, as whole nations fight over it.

Sadly, it's not our differences in belief that separate us, as much as it's our unwillingness to allow others to believe differently.

I'm always interested in the beliefs of others, which is why I come to the religious forums to learn more. What I have learned so far is that our beliefs are summed up by what we have lived through, and I think that's why religion is such a hot button, for if you attack another person;s beliefs you are denying them what they have lived through and what they have learned from that experience.

The man who watches his wife recover from cancer praises God's name, while the man who watches his wife die in agony turns his head away in anger. Are either wrong for how they feel? Depending on your beliefs, you could find fault with either ... but I see both as forming an opinion, based on what they have witnessed.

I think that's why I sometimes have a problem with religious arguments. It's never about expressing a person's opinion, so much as it is denying that of someone else. We can't just accept how a person believes or express our own beliefs without being called to the carpet. As such, we do become defensive over our beliefs - and for good reason.

Do I care that everyone's beliefs differ from mine? Not at all. Do I question their beliefs? That's a sticky one, as I will ask questions if I see a contradiction, but I'm not questioning the person's belief ... I'm trying to make sense of it, and isn't that the reason we bring up our beliefs to begin with? Don't we want others to think about them?

And if others don't accept our beliefs, aren't they holding onto their own belief system just as we are holding onto our own?

If there is any pearl of wisdom I could add to all of this, it's that beliefs are not a stick to shake at someone else, but rather, a book we write for ourselves and share when we question them ourselves. For if we were all truly firm in our beliefs, we would see no reason to debate them ... anymore than we today go on debating that the world is flat. It's not, though most of us accept that on faith, having never flown out into space to see for themselves.

Even I find myself trying to control the belief system here a bit, as it is my belief that we shouldn't argue with others for thinking differently. Does that make me any more righteous than the next?

Nope.

But I can't help but think we all want to be heard more than we want to be believed, and part of being heard is being willing to share your knowledge with no expectation that others must believe what you say.

The world is round ... but don't agree with me because I say it's true ... find out for yourself ...

1. Luciendasky profile image61
      Luciendaskyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yoshi, I have been reading your posts on this and I just want you to know that everything I have read of yours is very well written.

I wasted three years of my life at Bible College. I say "wasted" only because I could have been doing something more productive and I wasn't. When I left I was angry with the fact that I had spent MORE than the last three years there arguing and judging and mostly just feeling miserable and taking things too personally.

Now that I have been away from the whole scene for four years, I have a better perspective on it all, and though I don't fully know what I believe in when it comes to God and sometimes wished I did, I know that I am at peace for the first time in my life because I am not fighting.

That being said, the best lesson I have ever learned I learned at Bible College, when a professor wrote a statement on the board and asked us if it was true. We all agreed that the statement was true. He then told us that it came from Hinduism and asked us again if we thought the statement was true and a couple people stated that the statement couldn't possibly be true if it was a Hindu statement.

That is when my teacher pointed out that we were being two sided, and that if we believe something to be true then to avoid being double-sided (which many people from all religions are) we must accept the things we know to be true as truth no matter who or what states it.

I have no idea what was written on the board and it doesn't matter, I probably still believe whatever it said is true.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are right, it doesn't matter what is written on the board if your perception of it is false.  As an agnostic, I do try to see other peoples point of view but this only goes to the point of plausibility.  I have always enjoyed the science of this world and believe in hard facts.  Some may disagree with science and it is their right to do so, but this is not me.  I can only trust my own instincts no matter how hard others try to make me trust theirs.

Like Yoshi, I do not wish to decide for other human beings no more than I wish them to decide for me.  Hiding behind numerous aliases does nothing but harm to a persons credibility, IMHO.

11. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

Very well said yosh

12. yoshi97 profile image57

Thank you Madame X smile

Now I will retreat to my foxhole, as I foresee a couple of grenades coming my way ... smile

13. yoshi97 profile image57

I agree. Truth is truth, regardless of who speaks it. So often I see people in a religious debate saying the same thing, but from the perspective of their own religion and I gotta wonder ... why can't they just agree and get along?

A fine example ...

One religion believes Jesus was God's son on Earth and they worship what he said while he was here. Another religion believes he was just a prophet, but guess what ... they still believe in what the man said!

So, it made no difference how the man was perceived ... both religions got the same message. And other religions, which don't even believe in Jesus, preach the same philosophies.

So, which is more important ... the message or how we grew to believe in it?

It's a scary thought for many, as they can't concede there can be more than path in life, as they were told any other path would surely lead to damnation.

In my opinion ... the only road to oblivion is failing to consider it all for yourself and then making your own choice, for if you allow someone to make it for you then you aren't taking an active role in your beliefs. smile

14. mcbean profile image66
    mcbeanposted 14 years ago

I vote that the voice of common sense, i.e. Yoshi, adjudicates on all religious forums.
    I have yet to find another post with both sides of the argument considered equally.

you want world peace?

Follow the Yoshi to the land of tolerance

1. yoshi97 profile image57
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

um ... can we stop at the land of nachos first? My belly's growling a bit smile

15. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Great points made here.  And nobody was foolishly playing a fool's fool- a very nice relief.wink

16. ElElyone profile image60

"they still believe in what the man said!"

With all respect due The Messiah of God. He said He was and is God and so if one picks out His teachings and yet does not believe He is in very fact GOD...then they do not believe ALL of His teachings and cannot say they believe in Him.

But they can say they believe in everything that He said except that He is GOD. smile

"both religions got the same message."

His message was and is "I AM GOD and I AM the I AM (YaHVaH) and I AM the Savior of the world and there is NO other but Me"

That is His message and the foundation of ALL of His teachings. smile

He came 1 time, NOT several times, He came and was the perfect sacrifice for the sins of the world and raised Himself from the dead.
    He did NOT come but ONCE.

El Elyone, I respect your point of view, but I was speaking upon a level that anyone could understand ... and not just Christians.

Muslims do not see Christ as the son of God, but they believe in his teachings. Hindus do not see Christ as the son of God, but they also believe in his teachings. Both religions have their version of the bible, and both swear that all words come directly from God.

So, if we are to concede that only one could be write, then we would show a tendancy to lean toward the Hindus and the Muslims, as they vote over the Christians two to one ... and let's not forget those of the Jewish fate, who believe the Messiah is yet to come ... making it three to one.

But this is not what I am here to debate ...

What I am here to debate is this ... What harm is it in someone believing differently than you? Why the need to prove others wrong when it's just as simple to accept they believe differently?

Note, I did *not* say that *I* think Christ wasn't the son of God, nor will I, as I can't prove it anymore than I can disprove it.

If your purpose is to enlighten others, then simply by stating *I believe ...* and stating your beliefs, you are adding enlightenment. By saying someone is wrong for beliefs that differ from yours, you are suppressing their beliefs.

To my knowledge a religious forum exists for people to discuss their beliefs and get a view of how others see things - not to pick apart the beliefs of others as if they were a false idol in your presence.

And in case you are wondering, I have no quarrel with you, I'm only pointing out why some people have an adverse reaction to what you have to say.

Provided you could deliver your message in a less provocative manner, I would certainly lend you my eyes as an audience. smile

I added this while you were writing:
        He came 1 time, NOT several times, He came and was the perfect sacrifice for the sins of the world and raised Himself from the dead.
        He did NOT come but ONCE.

17. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

I have had people say stuff to me who do not agree with me...but I don't give a flying hoot what they think.  Let em say and do what they wish, they will have to deal with it at a later date..not me.  As far as I am concerned, if they wanna get pushy or mean with me, that is their business.  MY business would be how it makes me feel.  I choose not to report them or do anything to them or keep the bickering going as it is not worth my time.  Ignore em.  Don't let others get you down.

It seems like you are addressing me and if I am wrong forgive me please.

Yeah, I did NOT write the thread because they bother me at all and yes, I have not reported anyone. I just get sharpened by it all.

I wrote it to say that if they do NOT like the heat, do not jump in the fire.
      smile

1. profile image0
        annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I was telling you not to let them get to you.  I understand exactly what you mean.  Glad to see that you dont let them get to you.  I have seen where people start a thread and ask questions, but come time for answers....it is a whole different story when they get answers they dont wanna hear.

18. ElElyone profile image60

NO Mark, wrong!

It is NOT "my way"

I do not own it, Messiah does, argue with Messiah not me.

I just say what He said. smile

As a hypothetical question (and purely hypothetical) if Messiah came to you tomorrow and said everyone had it all wrong (including you) and told you things were actually different, would you keep what you knew previously or accept what Messiah told you and spread the new word?

Again, it's purely hypothetical, so there is no right or wrong answer ...

The hypothetical answer from me would be this then:

"Can I talk to Your Father please?"

2. Bibowen profile image88
      Bibowenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The usual suspects just can't leave you alone, can they? You've been called "irrelevant," "twit" (my fav) and a host of other names I can't repeat. You are so "irrelevant" that they have to continually comment on your "irrelevancy." They've repeatedly threatened to ignore you, and yet they come back for more. And why do they do it?

You are the focus of something for them to hate. They love to hate things. Their responses toward you are the evidence of it. So, wear it as a badge of honor. Turn it toward your advantage. If it were not you, it would be someone else.

Please quote me saying any of those things. I did not say any of them. Which makes you a liar. wink

The particular thread is closed now, the one where you called me a C * * T....and told me "NEVER TO SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN"

You even admitted it in other threads to Mark.

So.....you were saying, he is a liar? lol

Please go ahead and quote me calling you a c***..

I believe I asked why you came across as such a c*** in another persona you choose to hide behind. The one with the dead dog's head tied around your neck...... Not this persona.

And I did not say I will "NEVER SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN."

Go ahead and quote me - nothing gets deleted and we can all see it if you add a link.

Still - maybe one day you can learn honesty? Unlikely, but who knows?

Do not send me any more personal emails, C***. lol

Obviously Bibowen was not lying.smile

Guess you are unable to read either huh? lol

No "twits" or "irrelevant" here.............

A liar - a real christian. Just like you. Thanks - I love you for persuading me your religion is worthless.

ciao

Bibowen mention those by name, he also said the others he "could not mention"....yours was one of them Mark. smile

You have in fact said you are done with me and then returned because as you say "it is my mission"

Recall that one Mark?

Can you even read? Scroll up dude. lol lol lol lol

At least you have stopped using the blue ink to convince people not to join your cult. Thanks again. I really appreciate you reminding me. How many have you turned away? What exactly do you think you are achieving here?  I mean - thanks for everything, but I wonder what you are really trying to achieve? Other than a fight - which seems to be the ultimate goal of your irrational beliefs.....

And historically - that is all it is good for. Making liars and politicians and wars. Oh well, at least you have stopped sending me your crap by personal emails. I wish I had never helped you when you asked me to. Is that what you wanted? To get me to stop helping people when they ask me for help?

Like it says in the bible?................

OK....then just a C * * T and irrational will do then.

2. Paraglider profile image87
        Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get it right please. I called him a "patronising twit" when he was impersonating God and talking down to me as if I were some naughty child. Seems reasonable to me.

The man that says "God does NOT exist is a FOOL"
          A quote from King David.

Seems reasonable to me. smile

Psalm 14:1
          The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good.

3. ElElyone profile image60

I am more than blessed to be hated on account of repeating what Messiah said. big_smile

Many are of the opinion that a believer can defend his belief's but, ONLY to a certain point and they to be sure will "tell you" where that is, and yet I DO NOT see any line. I will speak them until I die, either by the hands of evil men or by natural cause should He tarry.

If I were in a fighting match, I am NOT one to "tap out" smile
        Paul fought with wild animals to defend his faith, some men are pretty wild.

And thank you for the kind words of encouragement sir. I respect what you are and what you believe and what you say. We talk totally different and yet are both treated the same.

This is the 3rd time you have given out good, wise reasoning about this matter and I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!!! smile I am sure you would do it for anyone else too.

Shalom brother!!! big_smile

19. Paraglider profile image87
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

So, ElElyone - if I wanted to read your hubs, how would I find them?

I sent you a response. smile

1. Paraglider profile image87

Yes, you did. Your response did not tell me where I could find your hubs. You sent me to a link of some piano music in 6/8 time. It's OK. A little bit too 'Einaudi' for my taste, but well enough constructed. You asked where you could hear me on flamenco guitar. There's a link at the foot of this hub:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Classic-Guitar 

Now, if I wanted to read your hubs, how would I find them? (third request)

1. jiberish profile image80

Paraglider, I love how eloquently you use the english language.  Since most only read on 4th grade level, maybe El is just having a hard time comprehending the question.

Well I am glad you listened to one of them, not all of them are the same, so maybe hearing more you will find something else, I think 22 are on there. Glad you found them constructed well also. The construction happens spontaneously and I simply yield to what I am hearing inside and record the melodies all just by singing it on the spot, nothing is figured out or thought about really, just whatever comes out.

So I cannot take any credit because I just hear it and sing it. Then it is transcribed for piano.

I will go and listen to your playing.

I also asked you "why" you would want to take even a moment of your time to read what a "twit" has to say and never got an answer. smile

20. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

"They stopped their ears; they didn't want to hear it. It wasn't sophisticated.....They were "bashed" (my words) for proclaiming an unpopular message to people who had to be verbally stroked before they could listen."

Yeah, well, I'm sorry about that, but I'm just attracted to writers who can write well, somewhat succinctly, wink, and have something to say that I don't consider 'bilge.'  In whatever forums; about whatever issue.

Sorry to say, but your forum posts don't really fit that description.  No problem...I'm sure countless people find you fascinating!  And actually read all that...  stuff.

Bilge is a lovely word smile

21. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I just read the entire thread.  All garbage.  How can anyone listen to someone El Elyon, who has multiple personalities, who will not tell anyone what other aliases he/she goes by.  Has no concept of the word respect.

Expects that he/she is right and others are wrong.  Does a horrible job impersonating the Messiah, which he/she also states in other threads that the Messiah is not god but turns around and says that the messiah is god.

Whines about others whining... Do you need a tissue for your issue Elyon?  I got plenty and am always happy to share.

He also said that the messiah only came one time, argued that Hindus and others are wrong about the message received because it didn't come from the messiah but says he is god and the those who came before him ripped it off from him when it's clearly the other way around.

With all do respect.  I believe your messiah (Jesus) is a fraud and a liar. If you cannot respect that I have come to this conclusion after looking into it, with the idea that I was going to find that Jesus was God to only come and find out that he is not god and never was and he is not the messiah either.

Do you have a problem with this?  Should I consider myself condemned for saying it like it is?  I don't think so, and besides. 

Impersonating a deity, having multiple personalities...essentially lying to make a point just makes you even lower then before.

Well, that is very hateful of you. I gather that not believing in their irrational belief system is hateful - at least according to bibowen. He also seems to think that atheists cannot develop morals and the "atheist mindset," means you would probably like to see children eaten by lions - like when the poor innocent christians were fed to the lions by the Roman atheists.

lol

You have to laugh at them, otherwise you would end up feeding them to lions. lol - I mean - if some one doesn't want people to laugh at their beliefs, they shouldn't have such funny beliefs. wink

No Mark, many Romans believed Jesus is God and the Romans had many gods, so they were NOT atheists at all. lol

At His Crucifixion, one soldier exclaimed "truly this IS THE SON OF GOD !!!"

I NEVER would even entertain this idea quoted below and "IF" I really said it, where is your proof and why did you NOT immediately point it out on that day?

"which he/she also states in other threads that the Messiah is not god but turns around and says that the messiah is god."

Don't you NOT think that if everyone else (esp. believers) who are reading would have bounced on me for such a stupid statement? mad

They told Messiah "you have demons'....so your small minded comments mean NOTHING TO ME and I reprove you openly for stating I said any such thing young lady!!!

I have "on purpose" taken on these forums from multiple directions and made an attempt to get responses based on any number of them. So it was done on purpose, not out of delusion. An experiment of sorts.

I clearly gave the mind of God and repeated His words when doing so and then when speaking my opinions, that was just as clear. smile

Nobody said "you are lying in the name of God"...why?...because what I said was taken right out of His own mouth so they could find NO fault.

I think anyone in their right mind could see I was doing and experiment and now the experiment is over.

I still speak HIS words, just not in the 1st person. Even though Earnest said it was the 3rd person. You'd think he knew the difference. smile

I can come in here and "on purpose" be whoever I want to be in order to find out how you all treat someone and what business is it of yours yours lady? If you had an angel visit you and eat lunch with you and spent the day hanging out, you would not even know it unless he "Revealed Himself" to you openly. And he would have done it just to see how you treat a stranger dear.

AND WHAT??? Do you really think that God could NOT operate a computure and communicate to you on one if He wanted to? lol

I wanted to find out if people would talk "to God" any differently than to me. And you know what, when He came to earth in the likeness of mankind, they talked to Him the same way as you all did right here.

Because they HATE Him!!!!!

22. ElElyone profile image60

Here are some more things about FOOLS. The scripture is full of these saying, lots of FOOLS running around then and NOW. lol

Proverbs 19:29
    The irreverent have to learn reverence the hard way; only a slap in the face brings fools to attention.

Proverbs 26:1
    We no more give honors to fools than pray for snow in summer or rain during harvest.

Proverbs 26:8
    Putting a fool in a place of honor is like setting a mud brick on a marble column.

Proverbs 26:11
    As a dog eats its own vomit, so fools recycle silliness.

Proverbs 27:3
    Carrying a log across your shoulders while you're hefting a boulder with your arms Is nothing compared to the burden of putting up with a fool.

Psalm 14:1
    For the director of music. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Proverbs 1:7
    Start with God—the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning.

Proverbs 12:15
    Fools are headstrong and do what they like; wise people take advice.

Proverbs 13:16
    A commonsense person lives good sense; fools litter the country with silliness.

Proverbs 14:16
    The wise watch their steps and avoid evil; fools are headstrong and reckless.

Proverbs 14:24
    The wise accumulate wisdom; fools get stupider by the day.

Proverbs 14:33
    Lady Wisdom is at home in an understanding heart— fools never even get to say hello.

Proverbs 17:12
    Better to meet a grizzly robbed of her cubs than a fool hellbent on folly.

Proverbs 17:16
    What's this? Fools out shopping for wisdom! They wouldn't recognize it if they saw it!

23. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

And they all apply 2 u ! big_smile

24. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Parmesan 28:7  And the douchebags gathered unto them many keystrokes without meaning.

Semolina 7:1  Be gone douchebags, go and sin no more.

Oregano 14:20  For whomsoever sayeth he is a messenger of truth, yet does not write the truth, must surely be a douchebag.

25. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_H_H9COTyBC8/SbXrNJpS2aI/AAAAAAAAABs/t0zaNIzaKDE/s400/douche_bag1.jpg

Now that is an appropriate response right there. smile

26. ElElyone profile image60

Very, very lovely Paraglider and I wish it was longer. smile

Thanks smile  It's just meant as a sample, to show the ancient guitar has life in it still!

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just came from you hub.  Left you a message there with a request for more. big_smile

27. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Thanks Paraglider, that is a sweet guitar, and you know how to make the wood work! I enjoyed hearing it very much.

28. Shaul Stein profile image60
    Shaul Steinposted 14 years ago

it has always been very, very interesting to me how that all people can "get along" when the town they live in is on fire.
    i think we should treat each other more often as if it were.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)