Fat

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (125 posts)
  1. skgrao profile image67
    skgraoposted 14 years ago

Most women how do they get so fat.?

1. profile image0
      terrimakposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I have to say when I first read your comment, I was offended. I mean no one ever says why do men go bald? But I have to agree with tim-tim: the majority of women work in a capacity that doesn't afford them much movement opportunity. Top that off with going home; tending to the kids; husband; household - there are so many hours in the day. Fatigue sets in - priorities for yourself get lost in the shuffle. Is that an excuse - no. It's an explanation.

Are some bald men unattractive - no. Are some fat women unattractive - no. So I guess it's a matter of preference on the individual's part.

2. profile image0
      terrimakposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try reading some of my hubs to get a better understanding.

3. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

PLEASE.... No Personal Attacks yikes

Both Men and Women Enjoy Cream Buns lol

1. profile image0
        rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i  "heart" you.
        OP,  wtf?

1. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I still think that was funny.
          lol
          I got so fat cuz I dont care what you think of me. Food is yummy!!

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny, I was wondering the exact same thing about men.

Really, I was.

5. csd1509 profile image61
      csd1509posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i became "fat" after giving birth..
      ok i'm not fat but i used to be much more skinny..
      i'm trying to exercize but  after cooking cleaning looking after kids i don't have much strength left to exercize

6. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

chocolate

7. Paradise7 profile image71
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think most women are fat.  It's a very relative term, unless one is clinically obese.

I think media fosters expectations for rail-thin women who photograph well, and while that ISN'T most of us, it wouldn't be very healthy for most of us to be that way.

I see just as many overweight men as I do women, and I think the reason has already been stated--most of us, men and women both, have less physical jobs where we're seated at a desk most of the day.

Some extra weight is healthy.  I don't call that "fat".  It is better for a person to get more exercise.  A person carrying an extra 10 or 15 pounds or so who gets regular exercise is perfectly healthy and looks good.

8. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Some" women really loves their food and lack of exercise. And, eating the wrong foods and how they prepare them.. possibly.

9. Wonder_Woman profile image58
      Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

bc we are all at the moment trying to eat mcdonalds to win a million. lmao

10. drej2522 profile image69
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, I gotta say this...this forum seems a little...inappropriate. LOL...but funny! smile

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It cracked me up too.  lol  When I saw "fat" before clicking on I was expecting a discussion of something like eating margarine versus olive oil (or something like that).  Instead, I was shocked by the blunt question.  lol  lol  And it was only a matter of time before someone brought up Oreos.  lol

Actually, this thread "inspired" me to write a Hub.  Besides having done quite a bit of research on the topic, I've had more than my share of friends who wear Mom jeans.  I'm not asking anyone to read it - only mentioning it's there in case the OP would like a serious answer to his question.  (He isn't going to get that answer here.  lol )

11. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What an offensive thread...

12. Krystal Blue profile image60
      Krystal Blueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm thinking, the same way men do. lol

13. Stimp profile image60
      Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know.....why do men say such stupid things?  Same logic, right?  I can't believe you would post this knowing the strong beautiful women that read these forums.  Good luck in surviving them.  Take it away MY girls!!!!

14. drwebb profile image59
      drwebbposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Most women become overweight for the same reasons men do. They do not eat healthy and they do not get enough exercise during the day. The body stores extra calories as fat.  For women, the hormones play a role in keeping their metabolism slower as women get older and after child bearing. The bottom line is people need to live healthier lifestyles in order to maintain healthier weights overall.

1. Stimp profile image60

Absolutely.....

15. Stimp profile image60

Here is your answer if you must know:

www.muffinfilms.com/tree.html

2. tim-tim profile image70
    tim-timposted 14 years ago

Can't speak ffor every woman.For myself, sitting on my behind everyday with my job, not excercising and getting older. Going through the physical and mental change, do I need to go on, LOL?

3. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Women get fat the same way men do.

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

;D

2. profile image58
      cami2403posted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is so funny!!! love it!!1

4. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Metabolism and Diet , no excercise and some have thyroid issues etc. I agree with uninvited writer men become large as well. smile

5. RedSonja94 profile image60
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

For me it was bipolar medications.  And now I just don't have the time to exercise and do other things to get rid of the weight.  Besides my thyroid is all messed up too.  But women do gain weight the same way men do.  I know my hubby has gained over the years but I still love him so what does it matter?

6. skgrao profile image67
    skgraoposted 14 years ago

I must be seeing only Fat Women.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Man, alive. Get the prescription on your glasses updated or something. I see LOTS of different kinds of people since I had my double cataract surgery. And I like it that way.

2. RedSonja94 profile image60
      RedSonja94posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then you're not looking in the right places.  I see skinny women every where I go.

3. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you work in a women's weight-loss facility?

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Bad girls wanted?

8. Aya Katz profile image83
    Aya Katzposted 14 years ago

Obesogens.

9. thranax profile image71
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Lol, I always ask Girls how they stay so thin...

~thranax~

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hmm, I would like to gain weight but to no avail, I want some fat,

10. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Pass the cream buns please!

11. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Of all the overweight people I know there seems to be a pretty equal division between males and females. However, the kinds of jobs women tend to do as opposed to ones men are allowed to do (desk jobs vs. heavy lifting, etc.) may lend to overweight women. Lifestyle makes a huge difference for both sexes. Also, women do naturally have a higher body fat percentage than men do, it's just how we're made.

I think it also depends on what you're considering fat...once a woman has had a child, it's next to impossible to ever have a flat stomach again because the baby adds on belly fat that's really hard to get rid of, stretches out the skin so even without fat there it can still be loose, and completely wrecks abdominal muscles. If you're wanting a washboard belly, stick to the high schoolers wink.

However, all that aside, of truly obese people I see there is a pretty equal division between men and women...though if I had to pick one, I'd have to say there are just a few more men. Maybe it's because there is so much more social stigma for fat women than fat men? At least around here anyway. My morbidly obese ex and his friends, all ranging from overweight to extremely obese, often sat around calling various females cows for being, say, 10-20 pounds overweight. When I asked him how he can say such things when he himself is 150 pounds overweight, he told me that it's okay for men but disgusting for women. What am I missing here?

12. Cheeky Chick profile image60
    Cheeky Chickposted 14 years ago

As women age, their bodies begin to make less estrogen.  Hormones are stored in the fat of our belly and hips.  When our body makes less estrogen, it relies on the estrogen that is stored in our fat.  Therefore, it holds on to that fat in order to keep a reserve of estrogen.

13. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

lol...on the other hand, I know countless women who are just too thin because there are too many expectations from them to always look good, while men are free to sport pot bellies and double chins....!

1. profile image0
      zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is not true honey (if you allow the familiarity)
      When I get too much extra pounds, my woman tells me it's not ok.
      And all recipies change.
      And we eat vegetables for a time. And there's no more beer at home.
      And my woman, she's svelte all the time, whatever she eats and drinks.
      There ain't no justice...

1. profile image0
        bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is far better than you always being fit and she becomes a huge sea pig, and starts huge fights anytime you mention her losing weight.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
          Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry blood I just came in....is this how you lost that flab of skin on your right side, from giving wifey lip about her weight?

1. profile image0

Not at all.  She is the thin one.  I got that in the bedroom during a bit of rough trade...

1. Wonder_Woman profile image58
              Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO!

2. myownworld profile image73
            myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh come on deborah...if u'd seen his last pic (skeleton) u would have known how quickly he's grown skin by eating icecream off her!!

1. profile image0

And it is (BLEEP) licking good!

2. profile image0
              zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

very right.
              It makes two fit a couple.

3. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
              Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Heh Heh...she keeps sooo much stawberry ice cream in her freezer there's room for nothing else, of coarse it's not his fault...you see, there' nothing else in the house to eat and she never des the dishes...maybe she's the smart one????lol!

2. myownworld profile image73

ooh...she's a tough one! (but we all need to follow her example) poor u though!

14. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

Food is great....It's even better when you're eating it off certain parts of a member of the opposite sex....

1. myownworld profile image73

lol...and the richer and creamier the better! wink

1. profile image0

Never have truer words been spoken  (or typed)

big_smile big_smile ( see I knew u'd like that!)

15. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

LOL!! if u keep at this rate blood, u'll soon burst! try substituting with low fat and organic stuff....

1. profile image0

I've moved to low fat yogurt.

and try strawberries and grapes....always good. And of course, bananas.

1. profile image0

Could I get banned for saying banana split?

big_smile you're pushing it darling.....

(besides, we're discussing healthy diet here.. all nice  and clean!)

16. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
    Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years ago

Seriously, I have some food for thought, my younger sisters are twins, they have been identical since birth and we always assumed their metabolisms were also.  They loved the same things, though varied their hair length often to confuse people, their voices were so similar they could even fool us...sisters, grandma, sometimes mom or dad.  Once they turned 30, something changed, they each had two babies, one had a boy + a girl, the other 2 girls.  As big sis, I knew one always got her way with her husband(spoiled), and they had a active sex live, my other sister was busy, busy busy all the time and we had too really make an effort to track her down all the time.  Her husband was not my favorite, aloof, superior to women, bad attitude and my sister cried because he just didn't appear interested or affectionate anymore. Once she confided they seldom had sex more than 2-3 times a year!  They actually went over two years after their second child was born....and she is 35 lbs over weight and can't lose an ounce, she is distressed because her twin is thin and tanned and her health is much better also.        Does this speak anything to the benefits of marrying a man who adores you and...to the men...tending to your "gardens" even when you don't "feel" like it....or you'll be up the same creek!  I think one of the reasons why women start giving up is because they aren't getting the positive feedback they need to thrive.

17. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

Well it is that time once again.....Time for me to bid you all a good night.

enjoy the night...bet you're in the mood now....! see u soon x

18. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Those darn Oreo cookies.

19. hublim profile image68
    hublimposted 14 years ago

Poor self image due to mass media and stress related binge eating.

20. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

The same freaking way men do, dude!

1. hublim profile image68
      hublimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Damn true

21. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I'm not fat.

metabolism and diet. exercise. those are the 3 biggies.

too many males and females don't have enough movement in their lives.

1. profile image0
      Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope, females are fat because they just don't care anymore.

Stuffing cream buns down their throats seems to be the sport of choice for the modern female of today.

They really have let themselves go.

I suggest a culling program to help quell their numbers before they get so large they block out the sun for thin people. 

smile smile smile

22. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Like many I've never been overweight just undertall.

23. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

All the above says, Maximus, between the lines is that:  you must be getting fat, lol.  And that you must have a fetish about cream buns being stuffed down your throat.

ewww, kinda scary vision.

smile

1. profile image0

I'm getting a little tired of desperate females following me around hub pages. I know my pretty boy looks and intoxicating personality are enough to sweep any female off her feet, but please, you must learn to control yourself dear. It's very unbecoming.

Here... comfort yourself with a large tray of cream buns, Would you like a shovel too? So you can get more down your throat at once?

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, dear.  I've just noticed your exceptionally puffed up cream bun shaped ego.  Your 'photo' (you call yourself a photographer??) is not to my liking, and I just thought I'd shovel some of that, uh, "stuff" you are spewing back down your throat, smile.

Should I be a little more American about it and spell it out?

24. Wonder_Woman profile image58
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

play nice

25. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://voidmanufacturing.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/lg_naked_fat_man.jpg

Leave her alone Max, she's mine!

26. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Ron, are you related to this guy?  Or might this be you after your got your Summer hair cut?  Or are there actually a lot of overweight men, as well as women, in this world?  hmm

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x163/Shammon_of_Gaia/Things%20That%20Cant%20Be%20Unseen/super-fat-man-on-a-scooter.jpg

1. drej2522 profile image69

is he really fat? or is the bike really small? smile

Keep in mind that the camera adds 10 lbs.   smile

2. profile image0

There are definitely more female super-chubbs than males. Blobby blokes exist too. But due to fact that men are traditionally taller, their blubber is more evenly distributed... or at least that is the perception.

Whereas short, fat females just don't look good. Other than using them for bowling balls they don't really serve much of a purpose. smile

1. Stimp profile image60

OMG  roll

27. Ron Montgomery profile image60

That's cousin Vern.

1. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oooo give him my number!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://journeyamerica.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/redneck-woman.jpg

Back off Bitch, he's mine!

1. Colebabie profile image61
          Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oo excuse me! You have your fun. And please adopt.

28. drej2522 profile image69
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

hehe smile

29. drej2522 profile image69

nice smile smile

but at least she's not fat!  lol  I imagine lots of guys would like to date her.  smile

I imagine so.

what's her number? tongue

30. Ron Montgomery profile image60

http://msp303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/ciaranskinner/naked_fat_man.jpg

same as mine 1-800-EAT-CAKE

31. Lisa HW profile image61

I don't know, but I just heard she may dating this guy:

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab360/nickhugh/wm-ss-fat-guy.jpg

but then someone else said that guy is dating is girl:

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv28/Get_Skinny/thinspo/Avi6.jpg

That's my little boy Kirby

32. drej2522 profile image69

ron is the picture man

I'm too fat to go outside and do anything else.

(shrugs) to each his own smile

Nice pumpkin.......

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pumpkin pie tongue

2. Lisa HW profile image61

Maybe if you could just lose 5 or 10 lbs you'd be able to go out?  lol  (I notice your tanned forearm.  Is that from hanging it out your office window?)

leaning next to the toaster oven

33. drej2522 profile image69

I didn't look at the picture long enough to examine it...it was more like...Oh God!!..and then 'click'..next forum smile

34. Lisa HW profile image61

drej2522, I didn't "examine" it either.  lol   I just couldn't help but notice Ron's tan lines.  lol

(ahem)...come on, Lisa...you looked in amazement...just admit it! smile tongue

35. Lisa HW profile image61

Ok, I admit it.  I printed out the picture, framed it, and put it on my living room mantel (right next to the pictures of my kids).  lol  I'll study it more later when I'm not busy wasting time on the forums.  lol

haha...I knew it!! smile

36. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

A bit more relevant of a question might be: "Why do women who are 5'6" and weigh 90lbs think they are fat?" Just a suggestion.

they are skinny

1. Jonathan Janco profile image60
        Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No kidding! But why do they still think they're fat?!

37. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

AND I have also found that those characteristics in which we criticize in others are those characteristics in which we find fault in in ourselves.  So, are you fat with insecurity issues?  I'm guessing so.  I'm still in amazement over this forum and the audacity in which you, my friend, have.  What is wrong with you??
    madmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmad

AND, kind sir, it's comments like this that cause 5'6 - 90 lb women to feel they are fat when they are not.  It's comments like this that conjure doubt in alot of women's eyes.  And, it's comments like this that cause alot of eating disorders.  And, I'm guessing that YOUR thin woman is your hand...and she happens to have 5 sisters.  How 'bout that, KIND SIR.

38. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Man talking weight to a woman is taboo! I been married 39 years and still don't know my wifes weight, nor will I ever ask! smile Who cares??

1. Stimp profile image60

EXACTLY...."Do I look like I'm fat in this."  You best say nothin' at all.  lol

39. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

They don't get fat, it's your bad eyesight!

40. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

most women are not fat however our bodies were made to bare children and set accordingly - you squeeze out 10 pounds from your penis and see how fast that baby fat just disappears  geez

1. Stimp profile image60

lollollollollollollollollollollollollol

2. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um, thanks for the visual....

HEY DENNO< did you send the sheep yet, oh is that YOU?? GWAPO??where are the cute sheeps?

1. profile image0

Yeah, that's me and the sheep are in a safe place, ....for now.....big_smile

hmmm, it means you havent send them yet, its ok, I can wait..

1. profile image0

I have to breed another batch big_smile

maybe it will take longer time??anyway i just wait for it....

1. profile image0

Awhile yet big_smile

1. alexandriaruthk profile image68
                    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what sheep is that?

41. sweetjulie profile image62
    sweetjulieposted 14 years ago

most time you can help it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)