being hurt..!

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (53 posts)
  1. mace729 profile image59
    mace729posted 14 years ago

does any one realy get over
    being hurt by there partners?

1. yolanda yvette profile image60
      yolanda yvetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  And forgiving them is a necessary part of healing and being able to move forward.

1. hoodieweather profile image58
        hoodieweatherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So, so, true.

2. atil profile image61
      atilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I still miss the man of my dreams but then I wake up and am glad he is gone. This too shall pass

1. profile image52
        GIFARIEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hello
        pls contact me at gifarie@libero.it

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  Maybe not 100%, but you learn to close off the hurt and not let it affect your life.  It takes about two years to get over a really bad breakup.

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes.

then you wonder what you ever saw in that person...

1. mymagicview profile image65
        mymagicviewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agree...+1

2. profile image0
        reeltaulkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so true....you see an ugly side that was so well hidden!

1. profile image49
          tamiko1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello...My boyfriend of 11yrs husband for 2yrs. Our relationship had the normal problems inwhich we had been having problems for a long while. We never could hold an adult conversation without getting upset and flipping out on one another. He became friends with an ex-co-worker in May-Oct of 2009 they became really close. They would hangout, he would even go by her house to hangout. Back in Oct. he went to take a shower and I checked his phone and read text mess from a women of course her name was not disclosed. I called back to say this is so and so wife. She disconnected the call then text back with a ?. I approached him and he didn't want to tell me who she was because he said I showed murder in my eyes and voice I was really upset, also said alot of mean, mean things. Of course I did my homework found out who she was. Over the summer I meet her on two occasions. So she knew of me for a couple of hrs. To make a long sorry short. He apologize sincerly and said it would never happen again. He also said I need to continue to show him affection and that I do care.  He has cut her off completely. My big sister tells me I must take blame for his actions, due to my stuckupness and my don't care attitude...lol...Thats me crazy Gemini. We have a 1 child together. I've seen a complete 365 in him since this all has come to light.  He says he wants his family back and Is willing to attend a couple of counseling session which I guess is a good thing. We've actually gotten closer, we communicate more, we do things as a family like we use to.  I'm not sure if she knows I know it was her that had the affair with him. I plan to approach her at her church one sunday soon when I'm ready and I know her guard will be down. I plan to write her a letter, telling her I forgive her she has to answer to god for her part in the affair. She did me a favor and I thank her. Then hand her the letter explaning everthing I know, then I would get up and leave the church. Its really weighing heavy on my heart not really sleeping throught the night. I feel I need to do this, I'm sure this is my way of finding closure.  What bothers me the most is that she met me and she knew of me. I'm not to hung up on the sex part due to her 2yrs of celibacy to me she was a dog in heat. Then to think that she Is scotch free is a negative for me. Once I approach her I think I would be fine. Sorry for the book. I've looked at your past response and you have good ones. Even though I have my mind made up on approaching her. I would love your opinion. Thanks

1. affairdetector profile image59
            affairdetectorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very nice of you!

5. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely.  And then see them get married to someone else that they are not happy with.  I should make myself a shirt with this logo:

Everything happens for a reason!

6. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since I'm going through this now, all I now is it takes a long time. A lot of self discovery to realize it's us who is okay, and that we can move forward despite what has happened. But it takes me a lot of time to get to that realization, and it's very frustrating to me. I wish my heart would agree with my head much more quickly.

1. profile image52
        These eyesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. I am in the process of healing my broken heart and really hard because my head said one thing and my heart said the opposite. I just don't understand why people have to experiece heartbroken. I wonder why is that? Is it part of life that everyone must go with some sort of pain well its not fun at all and not going to wish to anyone to go through this but I guess this how we get stronger

7. Himitsu Shugisha profile image72
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It can be hard, but it does get better over time. Yes, it sounds cliche, but it's true. Trust me, like many that have responded here, I've been through it.

8. christalluna1124 profile image67
      christalluna1124posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes you get over it but it takes alot out of you. It damages yourself esteem, makes you doubt your worth. Sometimes its better to just walk away.

9. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it is vital for healing to work through the hurt and not so much get over it but get through it, to the other side so to speak.

10. julier profile image61
      julierposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I dont know if you ever do or not i have been going though it for 5 years now and i'm still not over it but i can say it gets easier to deal with as time goes by. but it still lingers and still comes up from time to time.

1. donotfear profile image84
        donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can relate to this.....still comes up from time to time. Rats.

11. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You don't say what the hurt was so it's impossible to really answer - left you? cheated? embarrassed you? abused you?  It's impossible to really answer without a better understanding...but yes in most cases a person "really gets over being hurt".  Of course, it's all up to how that person works through it.

12. komal93 profile image60
      komal93posted 14 years agoin reply to this

your hurt will only vanish when you forgive and forget all the bad things s/he did to you...... just forgive the person and you will hurt a zillion times less....

13. vox vocis profile image80
      vox vocisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Once you realize it was nothing personal, meaning it had nothing to do with you but it had everything to do with them, yes!!! Sometimes things are just not meant to be! Sometimes we don't have the true image about the person we think we love and that's a perfect basis for being hurt! So open your eyes wide open and when you get hurt just say to yourself it's because something better is waiting for out there somewhere!!!

14. affairdetector profile image59
      affairdetectorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

time heals

15. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Always move on. If you don't then you'll have no reason to live and that could lead you to do something more drastic. smile

16. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

its very hard... you finally forgive but never forget.

1. donotfear profile image84
        donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're definitely right here, B.C.  But if we forgot all, then there would't be a learning experience.

2. Starlit Blessing profile image60
    Starlit Blessingposted 14 years ago

After a time yes.  I was hurt by a partner and it took me 5 yrs to finally get over it, but now I am stronger and have found out more about myself.  It takes time longer depending on how you were hurt, but as they say time heals all wounds.

3. affiliategypsy profile image59
    affiliategypsyposted 14 years ago

I really think for everyone the answer would be different.

Breaking up sucks no matter how you look at it.

4. geminimoon profile image59
    geminimoonposted 14 years ago

I've been separated for a month now from my 32 years of marriage and at first I thought what have I done? I was so used to living in an unhappy relationship I thought I screwed up when I first left! I'm doing so much better living with out the negative man! As for the expiration date, that's hard to say.  I still love the man but I wont live with him any more.  I'm FREE!!

1. Wonder_Woman profile image58
      Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Congrats! ^_^

5. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Pam and I've been together for going on 13 years and are "hooked at the hip" as they say...but she's wife #7 which means, yes, 6 (countem 6) divorces in my past. 

There was a lot of pain and suffering involved in every failed  marriage, but the truth of the matter is that at this point it's hard to remember specifics (and no, it's not dementia, just time away from the situations).  So that's good.  I do remember some things:

#1:  Hypercritical and refused to grow as a person.  Divorced in 1973.  Have had several powerfully healing experiences with her in the dream state.

#2:  Best friend at the time and still a great one.  She and I had strong chemistry but she basically did not want physical intimacy.  Parted still friends, extreme  pain due to lack of any anger to  mask it.  Have supported each other ever since (divorce 1980) and still do. 

#3:  She was full of rage and jealousy, believed if I was 5 minutes late getting home from work, I had something going. Can still talk but seldom do.

#4:  Touchy and critical and the most beautiful woman I've ever known.  Shortest marriage.  Several powerful healing experiences in dream  state.

#5:  Built a huge business together (gone now).  Strong chemistry.  She would not follow when I was under attack and decided to leave Montana  in 1991.  No communication since last co-business check was sent to her in 2007.

#6:  Claimed no greed, exhibited (after getting married) max greed.  Learned her lesson too late after I left.  Can still talk, but have not for years now.  No dream state healing that  I've noticed.

1. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Woah!  That's something else!  I don't know if I should be impressed or fearful of marriage now yikes I guess #7 (Pam) Is a definite keeper and luck charm cool

6. profile image55
    Teah0302posted 14 years ago

Yes, I believe that in your own time and your own way, you can.  For me I had to learn how to truly forgive not only him, but myself as well and really let it go. I began to see myself and him in a different light and now we are working on a new relationship. Whether or not it last, that remains to be seen. I gotta say, the scars are deep, but they are healing and we are more open about our feelings and expectation then before while trying to create a new relationship. It does give a new meaning to second chances.

7. Rehma Jamshed profile image61
    Rehma Jamshedposted 14 years ago

I am going through it right now! But time heals! My daughters are the best gifts I got through this relationship. That's why I will never regret the relationship!

8. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

Yes, you eventually get over it...but you never fully forget it!

9. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

healing is the first part of getting over being hurt.  You must heal self before moving on.  Theeeeeeeen if you choose you can forgive them or bid them good riddance.  All depends on you and how you feel.  if the truth be told its really no longer about them anymore because while in the relationship you have been patient, understanding, FORGIVING god knows how many god forsaken times!   now it is time for you to get your mind right and focus on getting yourself back on track-----PRODuCTIVELY!!!

10. sumahanda profile image58
    sumahandaposted 14 years ago

It does hurt when you sincerely and honestly love another person. But time heals all wounds. But it does take years

11. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

i am not going to say that it takes a specific amount of time, because to be hurt via love is horrifying.  What I will say is it is a process, and one that you have to be 100% willing to go through, regardless of how much it hurts!

Vonda G. Nelson

1. heartbroken2010 profile image59
      heartbroken2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

thats so true .. im still in a relationship being hurt ..

12. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Guess it depends how deep the feelings TRULY were to begin with ps- Hi Himitsu

13. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

I think everyone is different. Forgiveness is one thing, but getting over it, is different. I think of 'Get Over It' as dealing with it and at some point in time, being okay with what had happened; that I don't believe, will ever happen. But you can forgive and move forward with caution...'

14. Cleanclover profile image42
    Cleancloverposted 14 years ago

If you give attention to your hurts you will have more in future. Just give attention to what you ant and feel grateful about.

15. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

It can be done. I am living proof of that. Not quite so like our friend Ghost though. LOL He is amazing.

16. Naomi R. Cox profile image60
    Naomi R. Coxposted 14 years ago

Yes, you can get over the hurt with time. I know this because I left my husband of 27 years, alot of those years felt like hell. Two years later, I found the love of my life, a man that loves me, I mean really loves me for who I am, not what he thinks I should be. Being so happy now, I look back and wonder "What took me so long to get out of that abusive relationship, that I had stayed in for so many years?" There is happiness out there. All you have to do is find it. I wish you luck.

17. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I can truthfully say, at this moment, NO, not at first. But one can profess to forgive until one actually feels it inside.
    You can move on, sure. But once you've had the ice pick chipping away at your block, breaking off a little piece at a time, sooner or later you're either gonna melt or there wont' be anything left. Hurt can heal, but it changes you on the inside, especially when betrayal or deception was involved. I think deception is the hardest hurt to overcome. It doesn't have to come from your significant other, either. Just plain ole, outright deception. But it can mend....eventually. Except you're left with this part of you wondering how you ended up in this place.

18. efeguy profile image40
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

yes,life must go on.

19. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Yes there is always the sun that shines again believe me I've had my share.
    For past the meadow dark and grim,
    is joy and hope and peace in Spring

20. kulewriter profile image60
    kulewriterposted 14 years ago

Letting go of the past, you can embrace the future; letting go of another, you can embrace a new lover.

21. kulewriter profile image60
    kulewriterposted 14 years ago

Never play the victim...you are a great deal stronger than anyone else ever permitted you to believe.

22. RecoverToday profile image82
    RecoverTodayposted 14 years ago

Only when one can forgive yourself as well.

23. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

If they really hurt you get even, hide their car keys! You can act like you have no idea while watching them tear the house apart!

24. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Yes, I have been there, the best way is to go out and start again, hurts them more than it hurts you....shake them off move on....now go and see my recipe for Irish Steak

25. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

sadly, I have become numb about my situations.  It has caused me to be cold and indifferent, possibly as a protective measure to ensure it will definitely never happen again big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)