How many unpublished hubs do you have?

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (70 posts)
  1. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I haven't been able to write as much as I'd like, being temporary help in another department. So, I keep adding hubs to  my unpublished list... I started the week with about 25, and now I'm up to 46.

How many do you have?

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

2. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've got more than I can count in my head, I just need some time to type them and put them out.  I've got virtually no attention span, so I've got a new great idea like every ten seconds.

3. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I presently have 4 unpublished hubs listed. There are 2 that are ready to be published, but unfortunately the other 3 hubs connected to them are not done or even started. I have 2 more hubs which are still in the creation stage, paritally written and a few pictures already in place.

smile

4. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hunh.  I wouldn't even know how to do that--leave a stack unpublished, that is.  I type straight to the Hub (no copying word processor files or anything) and hit "publish" when it's done...and feel edgy as a liberal reading Going Rogue when I so much as let 48 hours go by without finishing one that's been started. 

Maybe you're just not obsessive-compulsive...?  lol

5. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I have 2

2. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Yikes girl, I only have 2 hmm:

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I hope you find time to get them published, Whitney. and as of right now none unpublished for me

4. DogSiDaed profile image61
    DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

Zero. Everything goes up XD

5. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

2 unfinished, poetry,

6. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

Ive never had an unpublished hub. I write it offline on wordpad?, or something. then copy paste and publish.

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Likewise smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that makes 3 of us big_smile

7. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I have about 20 or 30 unpublished.  Just get bored of some of them but I do eventually get back to them.  Like maybe I should get working on them now instead of spending all my time blabbing in the forums.

Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad it's not just me... When I come up with an idea, I go ahead and reserve the URL. Problem is lately, my one idea ends up turning into several. :-/ Yesterday, one idea turned into 10. Today one turned into 4, and another one turned into 6.

I have a few singles, but for the most part, lately they've been coming in related groups, which is always good, but dangit, I've never had this many unpublished..

Oh and I'm down to 45.

1. Debby Bruck profile image66
        Debby Bruckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting idea of saving the URL. Somehow I thought you could not start a hub and leave them unfinished?

2. viryabo profile image95
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

8. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I have seven unpublished and the same number of unfinished articles for hubs that I haven't reserved URLs yet.

9. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

According to my dashboard i have 97 hubs!

so 39 unpublished! ... that number should be down to 20 within the next couple of days.

I write in sets of 5, (no reason) so have related and alternate URLs selected and reserved and mostly drafted.

Same here... Reserve and write when you get to them... Sometimes I just delete and never write, but I'm determined this time to have all 45 done eventually... I wish I could have mine knocked down to say 30 within a few days... Just haven't been working on weekends lately. I need to go back to my regular job, so I can get them knocked out quicker.

1. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have 7, I think.  I too reserve the URL when I have a draft.

10. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I have 15 unfinished articles, I wish I could finish them all before the year ends

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow! 114 hubs in 2 months, with maybe 15 more in the next 2 weeks!

I wish I had that kind of output, kudos!

11. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I've got 61 unpublished!
    Sometimes I start some and then get side tracked and then lose all sense of time and space.

I've really got to go through them, because I'm leaving extra traffic and earnings out of my statistics!

Yey, that makes me feel not so bad. ha. But, sadly, none of mine have been started...

The bulk of mine would be simple to start and finish, but it's a matter of time...

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just went through and published one, so still got 60 to publish! got to do it, because my fear is leaving it and then that 60 turns into over a 100 or more and then I definitely won't catch up!

12. G Miah profile image77
    G Miahposted 14 years ago

I have one unpublished at the moment, and i am adding the finishing touches to it. The score has risen to 65 without even publishing it! Which is a good sign. the most i had unpublished was three due to being busy at work. I hope you can make time to finish them!

13. DaniellaWood profile image71
    DaniellaWoodposted 14 years ago

Only 2 atm. I usually write my hubs in a few hours on Microsoft Word and then just copy and paste them into HubPages, but sometimes hub ideas just spring into my mind while I'm on HubPages and so start the hub then and there and save it as unpublished if I'm not in the mood to write etc. big_smile

14. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I have about 20 on this profile and 25 on my other that are unpublished.  Some of them have been in the works for months now.  I add information, pictures and videos as I get them.  The problem is, many of my ideas are half written and need to be broken down into multiple articles.  Started one today, and then realized that the amount of information I want to cover would be better off in about 7-10 articles.

15. uliveulearn profile image67
    uliveulearnposted 14 years ago

Three offline on MS Word and one unpublished on hubpages and many more in my head.  Must get the ones in my head out before brain farts take over.

16. profile image0
    pmccrayposted 14 years ago

One...I get distracted on other subjects and this one still needs a bit of reasearch.

17. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I have 21 unpublished hubs and have to edit, correct or finishing researching them. smile

18. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Heck a 0 for me too, I spit them out as I write them.

1. profile image0

BP, haven't seen ya in forever!  (*waves furiously*) big_smile

19. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Over 30!

20. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I have none unpublished, I just do one at a time and publish straight away. smile

21. Debby Bruck profile image66
    Debby Bruckposted 14 years ago

Why would anyone have unpublished hubs? I thought you were not allowed to do that? In the past it has only occurred when the computer connection shut down in the middle of posting a new hub.

1. profile image0

You can have unpublished hubs.  Just not supposed to publish unfinished hubs.

22. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

lol, like 2 - 4... I'll finish them someday...

1. profile image0
      baconmidgetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

won't they delete em if you wait to long?

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
        Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope.  Two of mine are almost two months old.  Lost interest before I finished the research, but I know I will come back to them eventually.

1. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If the idea was worth writing down in the first place, then you will always go back to it. lol

23. spease profile image59
    speaseposted 14 years ago

I have never had any.  I write them in Word
    and publish them when they are done.

24. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I try not to let the amount of unpublished Hubs get over the two dozen mark.  But playing with Hubs before they go live is one of my best laboratories.

25. Ms Chievous profile image65
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

Right now I have three unpublished hubs.   I try not to go over five unpublished hubs because I feel I will be lazy and not get back to finish them.  I "reward" myself with working a newer hub when I finish the one I started!

26. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I keep between 5-10 unpublished hubs at all times.  I have 6 right now.  I think it's a great way to keep things rolling if you always have something to work on.  I never have writers block because I always have something to work on and more ideas coming in. 

Debby Bruck:  You're not supposed to publish an unfinished hub, but you can have unpublished hubs.  I think that may be where your confusion came from?

27. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

*FLASH OF INSIGHT!*

When you folks pile up all those unfinished hubs...I get it now.  If you have an idea, you type it into the computer, and bingo, an unfinished hub. 

Difference is:  I work up my ideas during the day while I'm outside hammering our new house together.  But let's say I come up with several ideas...then I take what "feels" the "best"...and mentally DUMP the REST.  The "losers" just never make it past the keyboard. 

No comment required from those of you who are quite certain a few losers HAVE made it past my keyboard, okay?  lol

1. janiek13 profile image75
      janiek13posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

28. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

Actually none! I write on a couple of sites and publish as soon as i finish writing.

29. fastfreta profile image74
    fastfretaposted 14 years ago

I never knew that you could keep unpublished hubs for long, so I've only had 2 once.  I should never have know this because now I know I will begin this process of starting hubs and leaving them unpublished.

30. adamareangere profile image66
    adamareangereposted 14 years ago

Zip, zero, nada. All my hubs I write out in Microsoft Office then paste them into my text capsules at what I think is appropriate sections, then locate all my Amazon/YouTube links at the same time. This is just easier for me, since many of my Hubs are researched, which takes time or stories I have written, all of which are just saved on a separate drive. With my OCD, I go a bit nuts if I have something unfinished on HubPages!

31. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

None! I never leave any unfinished for more than a day!

32. Mike Lickteig profile image76
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

I probably keep three or four going at a time.  When an idea comes to me I will begin to write, flesh it out a little later,  edit and correct spelling a little later, etc.  There isn't enough time to do it all at once.  I am always in awe of the folks who can put out 3000 words of content a day in their hubs and have it all read flawlessly.

And, of course, I'm talking about writing them in Word, not starting a hub and leaving it open.

33. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

I too have many unfinished hubs. Only about 12 on hubpages and another 37 in word with almost all the research and writing finished. Then another 19 on one idea for which all the research is done all the pictures and videos locations earmarked just waiting on the writing. Yikes that makes 68 hubs unpublished. I better get my but in gear...

34. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

Absolutely loads - 18 to be precise. Will I ever finish them - who knows?! After Christmas I will have a go, but I think I'll always have a few unfinished since I'm always getting new ideas. If I have ideas to put down i start a hub or I come across some must have keywords and want to bag the url. These are the main reasons they're unfinished. That reminds me I did write down a load of good keywords somewhere......
    smile

35. janiek13 profile image75
    janiek13posted 14 years ago

I work on one at a time, so I have 0 unpublished hubs. I don't know if that is good or not, if there were some unpublished, I could work on them and get them published. As it is, I have to start from scratch. Too busy with the new feed...I have to stop letting it distract me. lol

36. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

22 here. I've always had a few kicking around, in various states of 'undress'. I usually build the first two capsules up straight away - then complete it at a later date.

Occasionally I write an entire hub and publish the same day.

37. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

None at the moment.

38. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

About 20 and growing! smile

39. xboxps3wow profile image40
    xboxps3wowposted 14 years ago

Haha, I have 0... I've only written 2 so far! This is not easy for me tongue

40. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I have one just now, started writing today but felt I needed a break. I do notice that the hub score can go up while unpublished so I am not stressed to get it published today. I am wondering if it goes up a bit before published does that affect how long it takes to bring in traffic so its kinda a half ass experiment for me smile

41. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

None. When i start one i'm too eager to finish it off and enjoy hitting the PUBLISH button. Gives me such satisfaction.
    I write them out on Onenote, tidy it up and then start to transfer to a hub and hit that joyful button-Publish! smile.

42. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I have four unpublished ones.

43. Mieka profile image62
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

I have 0 unpublished hubs. I have a list of about 50 ideas for hubs though. But since I haven't even started those, I don't think they count as unfinished.

And I noticed that on average the people with huge amounts of published hubs, have the most unpublished hubs. So maybe this is a good strategy...

And I read in someone's post that the hubscore of unpublished hubs changes (goes up). So does that mean it is wise to let a hub sit for a few days to get the score up? What does the score mean anyway? Do higher scored hubs rank higher in the search engines?

44. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

None right now.

45. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

28, and I reckon about all, but 3-4 are going to be deleted.

46. Mike Lickteig profile image76
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

By unfinished, I am referring to hubs I have done research or writing on--not just a title or idea.  I have about ten or fifteen more that are in the "just a title" stage.  I will start a Word document with just the title and put it in a HubPages folder, so it stares at me whenever I open it.  Finished hubs go into a different folder, and then I tend to just work on whichever hub most inspires me at the moment. 

I tried working on a hub at a time, but found it easier and more enjoyable to pick from whatever idea interests me at the moment. 

I also tend to wait at least a day or two before editing the final work.  It is easier to catch mistakes with fresh eyes.  If I know what I meant to say, I might gloss over a wrong word or phrase without realizing it.

47. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

48. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

All of the pubs I have are currently published. I like to update them off an on just to keep an interest, but, it is usually  something that just takes a few minutes, and I'm done.

However, I plan on adding a lot of hubs in the next month or so.
    Almost all will be music reviews, or new additions to my monster series, which I hope everyone is enjoying.

49. dyesebel10 profile image63
    dyesebel10posted 14 years ago

I have 1.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)