What do you think of Febreeze?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (23 posts)
  1. carpetcleaningweb profile image61
    carpetcleaningwebposted 14 years ago

Be honest, what do you think of Febreeze? 

I own a professional carpet cleaning business and obviously I've got my own opinions.  But I won't state any of my opinions here.  But what do you think?

Does it REALLY take odor away?

Does it work?

Are you concerned about spraying a "chemical" in your home?

1. _cheryl_ profile image82
      _cheryl_posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't care for it too much, I've used it in the past, but prefer to burn oils or candles to keep a clean scent in the air.

2. Abecedarian profile image79
      Abecedarianposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have allergies and going through the detergent isle kills me. Fabreeze is great. I switched over to it from Lysol a couple of years ago. I have 2 boys and both athletes. Their rooms were always "sour", yuk. Fabreeze gets even that odor out. About once a week I walk in and spray their rooms, it works great.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I've used a couple of times, but preference is incense sticks and flavor candles. smile

3. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

I won't use it.  I tried it once and it made my cat sick, so never again.

4. Mamelody profile image59
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

The only thing I like about febreeze is the commercial..

5. TheGlassSpider profile image63
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

I have a sensitive nose; I cannot use alcohol-based perfumes, air fresheners, or germ killers (i.e., glade, lysol, etc.); however, strangely, Febreeze does not bother me or give me a headache (I have no idea why, it seems like it ought to).

While I prefer to use natural oils to make the house (and me) smell good (BTW diffusing most 100% pure pharmaceutical grade essential oils also has the added benefit of killing germs and bacteria), Febreeze has its place IMO. It comes in handy when I'm getting ready to go someplace and my outfit (that's been in the closet) has a kind of musty odor, or to refresh shoes in a jam (when you're out of powder for instance). It's useful to me as a quick, emergency fix.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ditto.  I don't use it much, but I do find it worth having some in the house, just in case.

Someone I knew had some Febreze air freshener, which - unlike every other air freshener I've come across - actually did what it said on the package and got rid of the smell rather than masking it in sickly sweetness.  But I haven't been tempted to buy any myself, because I find that an open window is the best thing for getting rid of smells!

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

You can make your own spray, mix baking soda with water and put it in a spray bottle.

7. Sue Adams profile image94
    Sue Adamsposted 14 years ago

I don't understand the logic behind airfreshners. If a carpet stinks it needs to be removed or better, replaced with a clean wooden floor, perhaps with a few rugs that can be throughly shaken outdoors. Wall to wall carpets are a perfect bed for undesirable micro wildlife.

If a room is stuffy or smelly, then it needs clean air. What's wrong with opening all the windows and get the real thing? Surely any spray or incense is only covering up the problem.  Your air may smell nicer but it's still filthy. Without a good supply of clean oxigen don't be surprised when you get headaches, lethargy, bad mood etc. Torture!

What ever the temperature outside, make sure to air the house completely at least once a day.

8. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I've used it to freshen up clothes when I couldn't find something to wear because I put off doing laundry for too long. That's about it. I don't have any complaints, it did its job.

Whether you want to spread it around your house, I don't know.  It smelled too chemically natural.  It wasn't unpleasant, it just wasn't normal. But it does go away.

9. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

i just bought febreeze vac bags and ran the vacuum . gota say cant tell any difference from reg bags

10. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I once lightly sprayed it in my car. I left the windows open for an hour or so to air it out before re-entering. Later that day, I had to drive for an hour and the odor gave me a headache, even though I kept the windows down while driving.

11. profile image51
    patan13posted 13 years ago

I like Febreeze (the ad as well) even though I open the windows quite often.As said before if some textile or shoes have a bad smell a little spray will only make it better.

12. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i LOVE it

13. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I take small bottles of Febreeze with me when I travel. It does wonders to freshen up a stale hotel room's carpet and drapes. smile

14. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I like the scents but not the cost and my son has allergies so I can't use it anymore anyway. neutral

15. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

my mom is a big fan of febreeze. i don't like it, it masks the odors and doesn't get rid of them. after smelling the febreeze fragrance for about 5 min. the smell starts to go away and the original odor comes back. i prefer to smell the lemony fragrance of lysol disinfectant wipes, furniture polish and occasionally a wild flower arm and hammer vacuum powder on my carpets.

16. xboxps3wow profile image42
    xboxps3wowposted 13 years ago

bleh... i guess it works somewhat, I use it in the bathroom (thats where the kitty box is)

17. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Good to cure yeast?

1. Google Gal profile image61
      Google Galposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

18. Google Gal profile image61
    Google Galposted 13 years ago

I Used it once - but really - I stick with spick and span febreeze seems to mask the odor - or mix with it and makes things smell worse really

19. profile image0
    wicklesscandlesposted 13 years ago

I am not a big fan of Febreeze. It is usually a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)