I wish to be a "bystander" in God's world.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)
  1. tkindred profile image58
    tkindredposted 15 years ago

I was wondering.  It seems we have 2 choices. Do what God tells us and go to heaven. Or act against his word and go to the Devil's hell?  OK, so what if I do not want any part of any of it?  I just want to live my life peacefully without worrying about it?   And when I die just vanish?  Why are heaven and hell the only options? But since I live in this world created by God does that mean I am a slave to his wishes?  Some say God gives us the freedom of choice. Well my choice is not to even play the game. But then does that mean God would deny me of the things he created?  Like air, food, water, the Earth, my own existence?  Would he be that cruel?  Or could I just live peacefully in this wonderful world he created with no worries of heaven or hell? Does anyone know how I could ask him ( God ) such a question?  Where can I get in contact with him?

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I will answer the last part of your question only. Unless you believe that He is and choose to know the Way to Him, you cannot ask the question and get an answer.

1. Inspirepub profile image71
        Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ditto the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Fortunately, the Flying Spaghetti Monster has been more manifestly visible lately than the Christian God, so he's easier to believe in. There is a video of Him on my Hub. Watch, believe, be touched by his noodly appendage, and then ask.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Church-Of-T … ti-Monster

Jenny

tkindredposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Cool!  I am so proud of my Christians in Kansas!  Born and raised there!

2. profile image0
        Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That is pretty blatant circular logic.

2. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This world is such of pain,so you can never be really happy for long on this planet-its a ying and yang ballance. With God is bliss paradise. God has and is providing for you.

Some couplets
      As much as I laugh ,I must cry,
      Simple rules of this game before I die,

In this world we are all reffering ,
      To sparks of happiness and flames of suffering.

The wise are so detached,
      Pain is for thse wqho are attatched.

You can contact God anytime ,anywhere- try. meditate.

3. leftquark profile image61
      leftquarkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

When Henry David Thoreau was dying his Aunt asked him if he had made peace with God.  His answer was "I was not aware that we had quarreled" 
      smile

2. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Sorry, I 'm unable to help, but several people who frequent this forum would appear to have a direct line to a vast range of gods.
    I'm sure that one or more will pop up and give you guidance.

But what if I am not interesting in coming into contact with any of them. Gods, that is.

1. Eric Graudins profile image59
        Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Methinks you are a troll.

Just how would you ask god a question (see your opening statement) if you do not want to make any contact with him lol lol

And You're very welcome to worship under the noodly appendage of the FSM. I believe that Insirepub (aka  our very own Pastafarian Princess Jenny) has a direct line to the FSM.

Since it is God's world and he makes the rules I must ask for his permission to live freely. One would assume there would be some form of initial contact in order to request freedom. Once this is granted, if ever, I would not need to communicate with him any longer.  There are many situations where you are bonded to someone (or organization) who you do not wish to communicate with or have any association with but you must ask to be "released".  How does this initial contact contradict the fact that I do not have the desire to have further association with him and his rules?

2. tkindred profile image58

Hmm, I had to look up the definition of "troll" to see if I actually were. 

"A  troll is a false flag pseudonym created by a user whose point of view is opposed to the one that the user's sock puppet claims to hold. The concern troll posts in web forums devoted to its declared point of view and attempts to sway the group's actions or opinions while claiming to share their goals, but with professed "concerns". The goal is to sow fear, uncertainty and doubt within the group.[10]"

I didn't know what "sock puppet" was either, so I also looked it up for fun.

"A phony name made up by a user in order to masquerade as someone else on the Internet. Sock puppets can make controversial comments or vote for or against a cause without revealing their identity. They may respond to their own Usenet or blog posts praising the articles they wrote themselves or disagree with comments criticizing them on other sites."

Hmm, I do not think I fit this description because I do not have any attachment to either view regarding the existence of God.  I am not concerned with swaying any group one way or another. No where in my posts have I claimed I believe one way or another. Oh, and my name is TKindred.

I am guilty of attempting to provoke some thought. But isn't that what these forums are about anyway?

Maybe you saw the photo I just posted in my profile and thought I resembled a troll. :-)  So perhaps it was literal?

3. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

By the way, God may refuse to speak to unbelievers, but the Goddess doesn't.

http://goddessanswers.org

Jenny

But that is descrimination.  His own son was against that.

4. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

The meaning of troll I had in mind is someone who posts controversial, and contradictory statements to stir up the inhabitants.
    And I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun here. There's some very special people you'll no doubt encounter.
    Bye TKindred.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)