Is it possible that Jesus was White?

Jump to Last Post 51-69 of 69 discussions (217 posts)
  1. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

white is not a skin tone .  so i think not possible.

1. aware profile image67
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

Scholars don't know the answer to this question and no one here does either.

3. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I'd say he was Jewish; that much seems to be agreed upon.

4. Phoenix 69 profile image61
    Phoenix 69posted 14 years ago

Jesus had "super-powers".  He could appear to be any color he wished.  Plus, white folks DO get tanned in the sun, ya know?

5. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

what the fuck do you care what color Jesus was?

6. jpop13 profile image60
    jpop13posted 14 years ago

Well my friends, Jesus in all likely hood looked italian, he from a medditerean coulture, that being Isreal, but if you are a Catholic, it is possible for Christ to be of any race, b/c his mother came from an emaculate conception and so did he, this would meen that Christ is not of the gene pole as those of the area.

1. jpop13 profile image60
      jpop13posted 14 years agoin reply to this

sorry for the grammer lol.

7. jpop13 profile image60

We also know that the Apostles were not black, they were of light complection and Peter for god's sake blended in, in Rome.

8. jpop13 profile image60

By the way it doe's not matter what the man looked like, its not because of his looked that we admire him, it because of his deeds.

9. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I like my fairies with little pink spots on an orange background. smile

1. Sab Oh profile image57
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And I have no doubt you frequent clubs where you can find just that.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's our TK alright! smile

10. TLMinut profile image61
    TLMinutposted 14 years ago

Isaiah 53 said Jesus wouldn't be much to look at.

What group of people haven't been slaves at one time or another?

Race does exist, why do people get so freaked out and abusive when
    people aren't blind? Doctors have to know what the possibilities and probabilities of certain diseases and medical conditions are for different groups - there are differing propensities in different races. Medicines also affect different races in different ways, more or less effective depending on the patient's race and sex.

"Race does exist, why do people get so freaked out and abusive when
      people aren't blind? Doctors have to know what the possibilities and probabilities of certain diseases and medical conditions are for different groups - there are differing propensities in different races. Medicines also affect different races in different ways, more or less effective depending on the patient's race and sex."

You're correct, of course. Some people won't stand for reality intruding on a simplistic socio-political position no matter the consequences.

1. profile image0
        china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why 'of course'  -  you an expert on this now to give your certain opinion?

I provided about half a dozen links on another thread. I'm sure you can find the same.

1. profile image0

Oh - a google expert with youtube evidence.

This is really becoming a theme with you now. Your insecurity is revealing itself fully.

1. profile image0

what insecurity are you talking about that has been revealed -apparently only to you ?

You have a terrible fear of any actual knowledge or experience that contradicts your own conclusions and so you attempt to dismiss or diminish anything that threatens your sense of yourself as authority.

However, I'm confident that with time and effort you can overcome this weakness.

1. profile image0

Where do you find this terrible fear in me - fear of what exactly are you babbling about?

11. TLMinut profile image61

My problem with the Jesus paintings was always that he didn't look much like a man at all! After that I wondered why he looked white (black in a friend's black church painting) when I thought middle easterners were generally brown skinned and black haired. Studying history leaves me figuring he could have been any color, so much mixing everywhere and all the time.

12. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

After very careful consideration I believe that I must change my opinion on this matter. The original question was "Is it possible that Jesus was white". Since 'white' is a modern day concept that we have assigned as a person from southern-European descent, and it was my opinion that Jesus being middle-eastern was not of southern European descent I said No, Jesus could not be white.

But Caucasian is derived from the Caucasus region of the mountains that lie in between Europe and Asia...

The Caucasus Mountains are a mountain system in Eurasia between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea in the Caucasus region.

As such the possibilities are there that the race we today call the white race had origins in that area. Which makes it possible that Jesus was white.

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're right.
      Hebrews were both dark and light. He could have been either.

13. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Is it possible that it really doesn't matter?

1. TLMinut profile image61
      TLMinutposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you're referring to the original post, it matters because the post-er asked why pictures so often show Jesus as white when he was a middle eastern man.

14. TLMinut profile image61

The data might also help drug companies devise more effective medications to treat diseases in Africa, where many drugs do not work as well as they do in people of European ancestry, who were the primary test subjects in designing the drugs.

March 13, 2010 volume of Science News reported this.

15. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I would imagine he was middle-eastern whatever race that was. I don't care what you believe or don't believe it's well documented he existed. The question of non-Christians should only be was he the son of God?smile

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When humanity dissalows the posability of things that are not commonly believed ..  We will have arived at our own demise.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hear!Hear!

1. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to leave yual with it now... gotta make a living..
                But before I go...I'll say...
            I used to tell my wife and children and friends to not ask a yes or no question unless they are ready to accept either one as my answer. They should instead..  make a statement and wait to see if it floats.
             And if you ask for my opinion, It is my option to answer or not.
            But if I give it... and you don't like it... don't blame me for your unhappiness with it.!!!
            They probably suspected what my answer was going to be before it was asked.
             see ya later..

2. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's true, you don't care, regardless of whether or not mountains of evidence could be placed at your feet. If it dissolves your indoctrinated beliefs, it will be flatly ignored by you.

And no, his existence was not documented.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry you make such a habbit of being wrong.smile

3. jpop13 profile image60
      jpop13posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So seeing that you are a non christian, what would a mormon say on this matter? Is Christ your brother? LOL. Are you also the son of the man god?

16. Tyrone Smalls profile image68
    Tyrone Smallsposted 14 years ago

Hello people, I see you all have been having a heated conversation (muy caliente)!!!! I just want to share my exp..
         I woke up one night, about 3:00 am. My wife (at the time)  had left the front door wide open while I was asleep on the livingroom couch. I awoke, searched the inside & outside of my house. No one to be found! I went upstairs to bed(upset).

The second my head hit the pillow, I went into a vision.

In the vision, I was going up the steps again. When I got to the top step, I started to descend through the top step as if I was sinking in quicksand. As I was being submerged into darkness, I watched my feet, my knees, my legs all disappearing until my whole body was in this darkness.

The next thing I knew . . . There He was ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

He stood, to me, to be 14 ft. tall. A hush came down from Heaven as I observed it all. (A dim light as if a flashlight was going dim). It shone on his face down to his toes.

His hair laid on his sholders, it was jet black, straight and had streaks of silver in it here and there. When his hair moved, it looked like the sun was shinning through the   srtands of silver.

I could only see the silhouette and the left side of his face. The strenght of a million men was my display (alsome strength).

From His back to his chest was about 4-5 ft. thick. He wore a grey robe that covered everything except his toes.

His skin was dark with a hush of gold. There was no shine or gloss. Look like He walked through a volcanoe (looked like charcoal). I could see the holes in His skin ! !

He reached down and took my hand. He took me through my livingroom wall and showed me myself sleeping on the couch again. Everything was so vivid. I could see the lint on the floor, the cracks in the hardwood floor, the stitching in the fabric of the couch, and myself sleepin on it. (I thought to myself, I want to get closer). At that instant, I was 6 in. away from my own face! I could see the shine on my face from the glow of the static channel from the T.V.. I could hear myself breathing! I could see my face twitching! 

3 folds- I'm in the bed sleeping!
                  I'm in Jesus' hand!
                  I'm sleeping on the couch!

I wake up in my bed and he say's . . . MY EYE IS ON THE SPARROW . . . YOU KNOW I'M WATCHING YOU!!!!!!!

Read my next hub!!!

****** I KNOW HE WATCHES ME ******

"Ylynd"

1. profile image0

You had an out of body experience and I've done the same many times.
      Just so you know: I do believe you.

17. Phoenix 69 profile image61
    Phoenix 69posted 14 years ago

Again, Jesus had super-powers, if you will and if he wanted to be white he could be white; if he wanted to be be white with a tan he could be white with a tan; if he wanted to be purple he could be purple. 
    Additionally, where you are born doesn't have to directly reflect on your race either!
    I was born on an island in the Pacific and yet I am white.

1. profile image0

Where do you get that he had super powers?

1. Phoenix 69 profile image61
        Phoenix 69posted 14 years agoin reply to this

He had powers and abilities far beyond those of normal men.
        I used the phrase 'super-powers' to make my point.

1. profile image0

Hmmmmmmmm

18. wilmkr profile image59
    wilmkrposted 14 years ago

Yeah I think so. Going by the Bible, Jesus was a Jew, from Israel (in the lineage of King David to be precise). Israelis are white so most probably Jesus was a White man.

19. errum fattah profile image60
    errum fattahposted 14 years ago

God made all of his prophets the most beautifull ones, cuz God is himself is the most n most beautifull, n plz dont belive in the videos of utube abt wat it shows jesus's face. they were not at tht time so how can they make such video abt jesus? and i think there's nothing in beauty n colour..right?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)