Can I earn 1000$ from hubpages in 3 months?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (51 posts)
  1. profile image0
    devsirposted 14 years ago

Can I start earning from hubpages in 3 months as much as 1000$? Is it possible, impossible or a hard nut to crack. Can anyone advice?

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is possible, but it is also a hard nut to crack.

2. skyfire profile image78
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1000$ total from these source:

Product Hubs revenue- Yes
      Affiliate Links revenue - Yes
      Adsense - Not so easy without keyword research
      Kontera- Don't even think about it

3. Ben Evans profile image65
      Ben Evansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just enjoy writing and sharing your experiences.  While some people have made money on the web, they are an extreme exception.

Dont expect too much just enjoy your experience

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you read his profile, he is unemployed... it is difficult to just 'enjoy' writing when you are struggling to pay the bills.... especially when you are paying for internet connection and electricity for the priviledge... I joined hubpages with the intention of making money. Can't see anything wrong with that.... Was unemployed at the time. Now I have a low paying job, hubpages is effectively bumping my pay up to 'ok'.

4. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, You can make that much in 3 months. Using Adsense alone too! Its very easy to do too, get the number 1 spot on Google search engine for 100-400 high traffic high click through rate keywords.

Your odds of getting one like that are probably 1 in 400,000. It does happen yes, but its hard.

A better goal is to get to $100 in 3 months. Even that is hard for most adsense users.

~thranax~

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

No.

3. Faybe Bay profile image64
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Most definitely not. It takes a lot of work and probably a year or more.

4. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

if you do let me know as i have been here a little over 2 months and havent even passed a dollar

5. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I've been here 10 months and am just now closing in on that amount! Total - not per month. I wish!

6. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

I wish you luck - but you had better start writing and doing your keyword research, because it won't come easy!

7. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

It takes some people more than a year to reach the first AdSense $100 payout.

8. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Just about (well, nearly!) three quarters of that, and i've been here 14 LOOOONG months!

9. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

You probably COULD, but if you are entirely reliant on earning that $1000 within that time frame.... then Associated Content or Helium marketplace and contests may be your best option.

What are your needs? You need $1000 within 3 months? If so, go where the upfront payment is.

If on the other hand you want to produce content which will make you money every month for years to come, then Hubpages all the way. This is a residual income. You could write enough hubs in 3 months to earn you $5000..... but it will be over a much longer period... say 12 or 24 months....

My aim is residual income... I want to be able to earn $1000 each and every month, with minimal effort in certain months, Hubpages is half way to helping me achieve that goal.

For the desperate or short sighted, Hubpages is not the place. For those wanting to achieve greater financial security for the longer term, and are willing to work hard for it, then I hope hubpages would be the place for you.

1. profile image0
      devsirposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your detailed information. I hope this helps a lot to all new hubbers

10. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 14 years ago

For those wanting to achieve greater financial security for the longer term, and are willing to work hard for it, then I hope hubpages would be the place for you.

That is the goal my husband and I have--to really dig in and try to learn all the ins and outs of being successful on here, for the future.

Although he's been on here for more than a year, and myself about 11 months, we've yet to hit an Adsense payout, ugh...

We are having a REAL problem, trying to understand all the technical language, and make it work for us...

Who wants to volunteer to come to our house, sit down with us, and explain all this stuff in PLAIN ENGLISH???  lol

Tammy

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I ever visited San Francisco, which actually is high on the places I would love to visit (me and the gf talk about flying to Vancouver, then to San Francisco, then driving to Las Vegas via Reno)... I would without a doubt turn up at Hubpages HQ and ask to be given a masterclass!

1. TamCor profile image80
        TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, if we ever got that far west in the U.S., we probably would, too, lol.

We're actually considering taking some classes at the local state college here in town, to help us understand more about all of this internet technology--that's how desperate we are! lol

11. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

Shameless plug:  Another hubber and I have joined forces to create a website to provide the exact "sit down and show me what to do" help that so many want / need.  The site is registered, but not up and running yet.  I'm sure we'll let everyone know when we have our "open e-house" and launch!  smile

As for MY earnings in 2 months, it's $8.00 with Adsense. LOL.  But I've made nearly $30 on Redgage in 10 days. (See my profile here).  I've also figured out the key to using SheToldMe, and a few others.

Still, even though I KNOW I'm on the right track, my views here on HP have dropped dramatically in the past 24 hours.  I don't know it it's a fluke or something else, but I'm keeping my eyes open...

Good luck.  $1000 in 3 months seems NEARLY impossible -- especially if we're talking about your FIRST 3 months.

1. ladyjane1 profile image71
      ladyjane1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope I was somewhat responsible for some of your earning on Redgage because I put you down as a referrel when you mentioned Redgage and so far I have made almost as much there in 2 weeks as I have here in 4 months. Man I hope hp picks up. Congrats on your earnings. LJ1

12. lesterd2009 profile image61
    lesterd2009posted 14 years ago

Well, I would say it is very possible,and I totolly agree with ryanket  if you put a lot of effort into it and hard work, i read somewhere how a guy pull close to 500 in its first month. So yeah its possible, those that think is not is because they dont quite understand the SEO benefits of hubpages, or what proper backlinking is, or what good keyword research is,or how to compete for number 1 results on google

I been here 10 months already and I am half way there, it took me 7 months to understand how to properly create hubpages and make money with them, since I learned that, I made more money on the last 3 months than all my past months combined.

The key is to treat each hubpage like your own personal niche website, you put this in mind and you can make each hub earn you at least $1 per day.

13. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Try sites like text broker or digital point for some instant cash, if you write well you can find people who will employ you long term with steady work.

Hubpages can make you a decent amount, but it takes time and hard work, I would still get a day job while you kick it off!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wanted to respond to this one as I will be able to find it again easier this way (I can get a bit lazy when trying to do several things at once). Residual income is my goal but if the going gets tough its nice to know of a few ways to earn the rent money without having to resort to illegal acts! lol

1. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You look a bit young for illegal acts tongue

Residual income is the best kind of income!

14. profile image0

I am thankful to all who have shared their experiences here. I would like to request the hubbers to explain HOW TO CREATE A CONTENT RICH SEO FRIENDLY and COMMERCIALLY POTENTIAL HUB? I would like to thank again to all the hubbers here in this forum.

1. Lynda Gary profile image60
      Lynda Garyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are MANY MANY MANY hubs written on that topic, devsir.  MANY.

Use your search feature.  A long list of the hubs and forum posts will come up, and you'll find what you are looking for.

15. Dale Mazurek profile image63
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

To be honest most people wont make 1000 dollars ever using Hubpages.

Others will do very well.

I do okay on the internet but hubpages is just of many tools I use to earn.

Dale

16. online4income profile image76
    online4incomeposted 14 years ago

Making $1000 in three months that too from hubpages alone is not possible at least for a beginner.

Anyone who can make this much here must be an excellent internet marketer and such talented person can make much more on internet.

17. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Yes, but a really tough task that needs some hard work in the right direction. To achieve this you will need some of your hubs to rank high for commonly searched terms. Do learn SEO for this purpose.

18. BristolBoy profile image62
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

It is probably possible but will be extremely hard!  I can't remember exactly but probably made about $50 in the first three months.  However I had no knowledge of how to make money online and produced relatively few hubs.

19. PackSecure profile image59
    PackSecureposted 14 years ago

From what I have read, that does not seem like a realistic number.

20. blackreign2012 profile image57
    blackreign2012posted 14 years ago

For me; the money sounds nice but my true motivation is to share my work and get feedback. I hope one day to become an author. The only problem now, every publishing house wants money and being umemployed with three kids I don't have the funds they want. So hub pages here I is! (am I know; I was beign funny) Lmao

21. cupid51 profile image68
    cupid51posted 14 years ago

I am also a new hubber and I am keeping an open eye on each post in this thread because it is enriching my knowledge of hubpages!

22. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 14 years ago

I didnt think of it as money making- i just assumed that the average person would make nothing in monetary terms but would perhaps have a lot of fun.

23. profile image0

Thank you all who have shared their knowledge here. I request more people to answer the question.

24. DonnaWallace profile image60
    DonnaWallaceposted 14 years ago

Thank you for all of the information. I'm new to hubpages, and all of your advice is very helpful. Thank you!

25. Super Chef profile image60
    Super Chefposted 14 years ago

take a look at howtoguru on hubpages he claims to have made $1000 in one month with the help of hubpages but using other methods which he is writing about on a weekly basis.

I wouldn't to be honest, he talks about some very out of date things, and mentions using Digg (a no-follow website) for backlinks, along with others.

He is also very inconsistant with his claims on where his earnings are actually originating from.

If you are looking for how to make money with tools such as Hubpages check out Hubpages users such as

Nelle
      Sunforged
      Darkside
      Ryan

All of whom in my opinion are really earning what they claim, and are using great techniques, mixed with intelligent marketting strategies, to earn what they do.

I have a few hubs as well, and the traffic to my blog website, but all those people listed have some fantastic informative hubs!

*Edit*

You might want to take a look at how Misha does things as well, while I don't know if he has any how to hubs, I have heard he is earning a pretty some by heavily marketing a small amount of hubs, which is opposed to thw low marketing, high volume technique a lot of us use!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure Misha makes most of his money from his website, and his small amount of Hubs are part of his promotional strategy for that - as well as making money in their own right.

Ahh okay, never mind then, I just vaguely remembered Misha had done things well!

26. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

There are people who earn 1000$ and more every month from HubPages alone, so that definitely is not an impossible task. But for that try creating unique keyword relevant content (NOT copy pasting from Triond or publishing with minor changes)and promote it in as many relevant places (again i am not mentioning the mails you keep sending) as possible. It would be worth unpublishing your articles in triond and using it in HubPages instead because HubPages can earn you much more for your content. I also think that too much of 'sex related content' can get you into trouble. There are plenty of how to hubs for newbies by experts here on creating hubs. Take some time and read them for more information.

1. profile image0

But could you please tell what type of content brings more revenue?

1. ITSecurityAnalyst profile image58
        ITSecurityAnalystposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try to visit top hubs, you can easily smell on which contents to write on:)

2. SiddSingh profile image61
        SiddSinghposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dev, I just looked at your profile. You are a software developer AND a corporate trainer. Both can provide excellent topics for a number of hubs. For example, good advice relating to website development will always be lapped up.

Most of the hubs that you have written till now center on just one topic - SEX. Remember, sex sells, but not quite well as a hubpages topic. You may also risk your adsense account if you push too much.

Log out of your HP account, and check the home page. Just have a look at all the hubs that have made it to the front page. You will get the idea.

1. profile image0

Thanks SiddSingh for your valuable advice. Can you please guide more? I have lost hope. I need money for paying some debts that I have. Please help me.

27. brettb profile image60
    brettbposted 14 years ago

I've been here 3 months (this isn't my only persona) and I gotta say $100 in 3 months is more likely, and that's only possible if you have prior experience of internet marketing.

90% of my income comes from 10% of my hubs. If I could tell why they were so popular and only make hubs like them I would be rich. But it's really difficult to figure out why good hubs are so good!

1. profile image0

But you have only one hub at hub pages?  Do you earn from 1 hub only? please explain

28. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 14 years ago

Well, I'm talking from my perspective of having..

1. My own .com's running and getting income
    2. My Hubpages running and getting income
    3. My Squidoo running and getting income

Include both PPC as well as affiliates and it's possible that I can hover around there sometimes, although I'm new to hubpages so I'm just getting this one off the ground. Due to the nature of my .com's it can fluctuate though (it's entertainment - not adult - but it's all im going to say).

It's possible to get $1,000+ per month from Hubpages alone, and in a short period of time, but it's either your lucky, or you've cranked out a bazillion quality pages, or you've managed to start something viral.

There are blackhat methods, but I wouldn't count on those. Usually those are the people that say "I've made $1,000 in only 2 weeks!!" types of things that are doing it.

1. profile image0

what is your strategy before writing a hub?

1. Origin profile image60
        Originposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I look at the Google Trends and Google Keyword tool, then compare and contrast the information given, and that provides a basis for what is popular for searches as well as what they are typing in for that search.

29. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 14 years ago

I think it starts with keyword research.
    You can find how to and tools from our fellow hubbers here - new hubs:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Setup-A- … -Your-Blog
    search your competitors - all site reveal on page one google for that keyword is you competitors.

I haven't made $1,000, I just share what I know

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)