The pig, swine flu; leads us to God

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (156 posts)
  1. mohamedhmm profile image59
    mohamedhmmposted 14 years ago

Swine Flu "The world's governments raced to avoid both a pandemic and global hysteria Sunday as more possible swine flu cases surfaced from Canada to New Zealand and the United States declared a public health emergency. "It's not a time to panic," the White House said.

Mexico, the outbreak's epicenter with up to 86 suspected deaths, canceled some church services and closed markets and restaurants. Few people ventured onto the streets, and some wore face masks. Canada became the third country to confirm cases, in six people, including some students who — like some New York City spring-breakers — got mildly ill in Mexico. Countries across Asia promised to quarantine feverish travelers returning from flu-affected areas.

Read more at: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/swine_flu_world

what is the sign and lesson we should learn from the pig?

1. Eric Graudins profile image59
      Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ahhhh. Of Course. That we should not eat pigs meat.

And from those who die of eating poisonous plants, I've learned not to eat vegetables or fruit.

And from those who die of eating toxic fish, I've learned not to eat any seafood.

And from those who die of eating spoiled food of any kind, I've learned not to eat any food.

I'm now going to enjoy the rest of my short life before I die of starvation.

Wheee, this religion stuff is simple!

mohamedhmmposted 14 years agoin reply to this

=====
        good points to follow, and i think it's healthy system for eating, and be healthy.

Some mothers do have 'em lol

2. J. Kumm profile image59
      J. Kummposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Swine flu leads to hand washing.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL big_smile

2. mohamedhmm profile image59

====

Clean is good for us.
        and
        that's good point; the bible defined the clean animal meat, and unclean animal meat and this in bible:
        “You shall not eat any abomination."
        and; "These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, the deer, the gazelle, the roebuck, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope, and the mountain sheep. Every animal that parts the hoof and has the hoof cloven in two and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Yet of those that chew the cud or have the hoof cloven you shall not eat these: the camel, the hare, and the rock badger, because they chew the cud but do not part the hoof, are unclean for you. And the pig, because it parts the hoof but does not chew the cud, is unclean for you. Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch."
        read more from bible:
          http://www.diesdomini.com/Papers/Q_Kosher_Noah.pdf

and read this source about bible and animal meat:
            http://www.planetpace.com/?bible-meat-diet,20

so; when people could follow God without argument with God?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
          Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah but that was what they had in that part of the world.  Why did they say not to eat a specific animal?  Did it make them sick or did they not cook it properly.  There is a reason for that, not just because God said so.

3. apeksha profile image66
      apekshaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why you have written this in religion..?
      you should drop it in the huubers hangout..
      anyways..In India 2 days before one patient of swine flew found in south India...
      I am scared...
      And the person is Non resident of India..
      was staying in Texas n brought swine flew in India now...

Already God told us in Holly Books(Torah, bible, Koran); don't eat the pig's meat; when we could follow our God without argument; when we could learn from the pig?

why we cover our eyes and deny God; we we do not open our eyes to see and listen well to God's words?
    I think if we could think well and open our hearts for God's words; all of us should be same, having same belief; because whatever, there is one God of us, whatever the names of messages or prophets, or holly books, or time; all of them lead to one God; and shouldn't be any doubt in our God.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well actually it said not to eat pig skin. I bring that up because the news was reporting that the disease was not coming from contaminated pork meat.

But anyways, this is disturbing.  I heard about the swine flu a couple weeks ago.  The news said that they still needed to investigate its potential for pandemic even though they already knew.

They just let it go.  And even though most deaths have occurred in Mexico, they are still allowing people to travel back and forth.  Doesn't sound like the wisest thing they have ever come up with.

============

may be you need to read more:
        Read more at: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/swine_flu_world
        Swine flu fears prompt quarantine plans, pork bans;
        the world going to follow God; but you should learn from holly book and follow God by choice like Muslims do without arguing with God; He knew better; didn't agree?

1. profile image0

Are you kidding me?  I aint against God and I aint against Muslims. But whatever, if that is how you feel then fine.  No point in offering you anything even if I was agreeing with you in the first place.  Maybe you are being too judgmental and you don't even know me.  Probably because we had a difference in soul and spirit.

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

More likely mohamedhmm does not speak the language. I am having trouble understanding him and his replies other than what he has scraped off the net and pasted here.

============
              i do not see any good point from you; just to attack me personal; and you should follow the rules.
              where is your point in this forum; you need to bring up what do you have; if you have something; may be we  could learn here something from you; couldn't you?

===========
            I am just Judge the previous point about traveling and eating; and we shouldn't act so smart with God; and we should follow Him by choice, not to wait to follow him by force.
            and also i sent the link to be more clear; and here's it again:
            http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/swine_flu_world

1. profile image0

I see now, my apologies.  I live in southern California.  They are not quarantining people from traveling across the border.

So this new reports suggest quarantine but they aren't doing it between Mexico and Texas and Mexico and California.  This is what I was saying.

So your saying, don't let God force you to believe, believe on your own will, right?  Okay, I actually agree.  big_smile

2. earnestshub profile image80

So your god uses force if he is not followed? Poor little fella. He sounds like a spoilt child!

=========
                =but not the same:

it's just consequence for your act; so you got afraid and by this force you follow him but you still no faith in your heart

if you follow him by force; that's only for your own benefits;but, you are still disbeliever

2. profile image0

If you could read this the other way around for a second.  He is saying that in the holy books God said when disease breaks out don't allow people to travel...

ie: spread the disease across borders, towns, cities, nations, continents etc... I think he was also trying to say that these kinds of flue are springing up because we are doing things to them that aren't natural.

I think someone brought up mad cow disease.  Mad cow disease happened when some people thought it would be okay to serve a cow, a cow like cow cannibalism or something.

====
                  that's good point
                  and i knew in india some people still worship a cow!!!

2. earnestshub profile image80

I see what you mean. I have read it again.I would not have thought that the various departments of health would need to be taught what to do by a god. They are dealing with logistics that were never conceived in biblical times, and will have major infrastructure changes to implement before land sea and air borders can be closed.The viruses and diseases are evolving still, and have been around in one form or another for much longer than we have.

1. profile image0

True but still, knowing this they aren't closing the Mexican border.  I know it would be a hardship on some people but from what I heard on the news.  It only last like 10 days or something but that you are good to go once your symptoms subside and then add a couple of days to be safe.

Air travel would be a lot harder but the border??? They could at least do that since it is where it seems to be coming from.

2. profile image0

Right I know but I think we are losing our own natural ability to fight it because they have a new vaccine for everything but the vaccines seems to be the trouble.

Now don't get me started on things like measles and stuff... we are talking about the flu.

2. profile image0

Okay so I did double check and the Qur'an says in Surah 5 Al-Maidah

3 Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine and that on which has been invoked by a name other than Allah; that which has been killed by strangling or by a violent blow, or by headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that of which has been partially eaten by a wild animal; unless you are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrified on stone arrows - that is impiety.

1. Misha profile image64
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Happy birthday My Goddess! smile

1. profile image0

shhhh.  but thank you. big_smile

1. mohitmisra profile image61
                mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Happy birthday Sandra smile

1. profile image0

Thanks Mo. big_smile

3. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

This is God's wrath? Pig Flu? Perhaps a couple of thousand years too late?

What was your God trying to tell us when mad cow disease hit?

=======

cow disease; it' our fault; because we try to fat them by non natural foods for them that not agree with their system.
      so, we learn to be natural, and follow God; and never try to challenge God; because, there is one looser; it's you.

4. mohamedhmm profile image59

Also God told us in our holly books if we have affected areas with disease like swine flu; or like AIDS; we should to stop any travelers from or to affected areas.
    you see how God love us, and care about us; but, how many of us could see this; couldn't you?

5. mandybeau profile image58
    mandybeauposted 14 years ago

Isn't pork only a disallowed meat because of the fact a piggy has cloven feet.............. Pigs are like people (in fact nearest animal to us). Pig flu has been a panio before. We use pig parts for surgical replacement.............We hav a whole lot of students in quatrantine here because they have return ed from Mejico with flu like illnesses.

I hope they all recover OK. It seems many who caught this flu survive quite well while others do not. A disturbing report from BBC radio said that two doctors they interviewed said the outbreak was under-reported and that several doctors who had been immunized had died anyway, showing that they were still not immune to this virulent strain of the flu virus. If true, this is very frightening for those in Mexico at the heart of this outbreak, and bad news for the world.

=====

yes; there are many success surgical on human from pig; but, the main reason that pig meat -Muslims are forbidden by God to eat the meat of the pig (pork)-  forbidden; that, Pig's bodies contain MANY TOXINS, WORMS and LATENT DISEASES- and we knew that now from science-; and it's another miracle for Islam from God.

and read more about pork:

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/porkcoke.html

and more to be clear that pork not allow from God :
      http://www.themodernreligion.com/misc/hh/pork.html

The only pork that has the problems you speak of mohamedhhm is wild pork. Commercial pork is good food and has to meet very strict food standards.
        In the times of moses it would not have taken long to learn that eating pig was a bad idea.Many of the other mosaic laws suited the times too.

====

sorry:
          it's not mosaic law; it's God law in Torah, bible, Koran;
          and we shouldn't act ignorance with God.

Sorry: I don't care about the semantics. Do you think we are still eating wild boar?

2. LondonGirl profile image82
        LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Jews thought of it waaaay before (-:

===

yes you are right;but, it's God order;not jews thoughts, it was same in Torah, then in bible, then in the last book Koran; and all of them from one God...
          so if you believe in Torah you should listen to the bible- after Torah; or you deny God; and if you believe in bible; you should follow his last book Koran- after bible-; and all of them clear about pig meat:" do not eat".
          so when we could understand, and accept God and his messages and come together with strong faith; because if we believe in God, we should accept his messages without argument and deny any messages, orders, prophets..
          it's so clear; bur we try to mislead ourselves; and we should pay for that if we couldn't return to God path.

3. profile image0

Yeah Swine Flu did make a round before but when it did the president had everyone get vaccinated.  This was in something like the 60-70?? I cant remember but something like that.

So, it may be no wonder that some of those doctors who were vaccinated still died because it is not the same virus at it was before.  Swine Flu found a way.  Flu always does.

====

at all may be in the end; it's just political reason; you knew how governments sometimes do many things to cover themselves or to promote some kind of vaccine....

6. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

mohamedhmm, what was God's purpose for the Equine Influenza?

============

Equine influenza affects horses, donkeys, mules, and other equine.

the outbreak had significant effects to the country's racing industry; and horse racing is an equestrian sport that has been practiced over the centuries; It is often inextricably associated with gambling.
      read more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equine_influenza

and also this is another victory for God and Islam;
      as you see it's our fault too; we are human should follow God; and not argue with Him...and we do not need to live in dark side.

7. Make  Money profile image68
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

I heard on the news that, what was it, one or two people have come down with the swine flu in Spain also.

Possibly it's time to forget about globalization for the time being and isolate the few cases we have now, before it spreads around the world.

The Levitical dietary law was made void with the first coming of Jesus Christ.

====

that's good point; the bible defined the clean animal meat, and unclean animal meat and this in bible:
      “You shall not eat any abomination."
      and; "These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, the deer, the gazelle, the roebuck, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope, and the mountain sheep. Every animal that parts the hoof and has the hoof cloven in two and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Yet of those that chew the cud or have the hoof cloven you shall not eat these: the camel, the hare, and the rock badger, because they chew the cud but do not part the hoof, are unclean for you. And the pig, because it parts the hoof but does not chew the cud, is unclean for you. Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch."
      read more from bible:
        http://www.diesdomini.com/Papers/Q_Kosher_Noah.pdf

and read this source about bible and animal meat:
          http://www.planetpace.com/?bible-meat-diet,20

so; when people could follow God without argument with God?

8. GeneriqueMedia profile image59
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

Swine flu doesn't lead us to God.

It leads Tamiflu's stock prices in an upward motion, period.

End of story.

Remember SARS? Bird Flu? And so many other pandemics? Yeah, I don't either, because it was all a false alarm.

G|M

====

they are not false alarm; all of these are alarm for us to wake up and follow God without argument with him; and that's not the end of them if we wouldn't come back to him faithfully...

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image59
        GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, you're quite wrong there, sir. They are false alarms. Consume, fear, consume, fear.

Sounds a lot like your religion. Ahh, isn't connecting the dots to form valid truths fun?!

Hope you're well, sincerely.

G|M

====

So, you could tell us, how they are false alarm within your belief; if you have one?; and why you think they are false?

I've already explained it. It makes good news, it helps the bottom line of flu vaccinations, and it keeps us humans in line.

In the end, we're not talking about the resurrection of the bubonic plague.

Its a strain of the common flu. Oh, sure, people can die from it, but no more than any other strain. Its uncommon in first world countries, such as the USA/Canada/EU/etc.

They lure you in with "Omg! The end is NEAR!!!" and you watch the news. Good boy.

Sincerely,

G|M

1. LondonGirl profile image82

Yes but no but yes but...

Some strains of 'flu are an awful lot nastier than others, and flu pandemics can and have killed a hell of a lot of people.

This is true. We have had some nasty flu pandemics.

I reckon that wars involving differences of religious opinion have probably killed FAR more people than have been killed by flu pandemics!

Well said Eric.

===

i think so; just we need love
                    love to talk about God;
                    listen;
                    think;
                    choose.
                    but, we just fight or run away; and really it's so sad to be happened like that; but, there is God, there is Hope.

3. Make  Money profile image68
                    Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You and a few others are always saying that Eric but maybe you could tell me what the differences in religions were that caused the first and second world wars?  Answer; none because they weren't over a difference of religion.

Estimates say the Spanish flu of 1918 killed between 40 to 50 million people, as many as 25 million in its first 25 weeks.

Cases of swine flu have shown up in UK now as well as Mexico, US, Canada and Spain with suspected cases in France, New Zealand, Israel and Brazil.

See that mohamedhmm, suspected in Israel too where they follow the Mosaic dietary law.

9. Make  Money profile image68

No mohamedhmm, what I'm saying is that Christians do not have to follow the Levitical law now since Jesus Christ died on the cross it fulfilled the law (2 Corinthians 3:11-18).  We can eat pork.

Besides I just heard on the news 10 minutes ago that there is no possible way of catching swine flu from eating meat products from pigs.

The Mexico death count is over 100 now, mostly around Mexico City.

The Mexican Government could not bolt the structure together to stop the flu in time, and there were long delays resulting in (as of this morning) 140 deaths notified so far. It has also been stated that the lack of structure may mean that there are many more deaths as yet unreported.

===

this is just at New Testament letter(which its human mind made)..
      Is God told us to eat pig meat(pork) in bible?; i doubt in that.

if you go by Torah or bible or the last holly book; it's so clear that, God told us not to eat pork; and if you do, you disobedient for God...
      but God will forgive if you go back to him with faithful heart.
      and that's the sign should learn from current news; it's just alarm; and doesn't mean the End.
      we need to read the signs.
      and read this is from the bible in new testament:
      New American Standard Bible (©1995)
      "The pig, because it divides the hoof but does not chew the cud, it is unclean for you. You shall not eat any of their flesh nor touch their carcasses."
      and read more from the bible about pig meat:
      Deuteronomy 14:8 "The pig, because it divides the hoof but does not Never eat their meat or touch their dead bodies. King James Bible; And the pig is unclean to you, because though it has a division in the horn :

http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/14-8.htm

1. Make  Money profile image68

Okay mohamedhmm, I'll post 2 Corinthians 3:11-18 for you.

The five books of Moses (Torah) are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

I seen an online report about a half an hour ago where Israel was bragging that they won't get the swine flu there because both Jews and Muslims have dietary laws against pig products.  But if someone from Israel is in contact with someone that has the swine flu they have just as good a chance of getting it as anyone.  You don't get swine flu from eating pig products.  I'm glad too cause pork tenderloin is my favorite.

===========

Islamic countries are safe from swine flu; because Muslims follow the Koran, Torah and bible; and may be few countries- where Christians eat pig meats- could have some cases and because travel; but the chance is so low there; because God knew what's better for us; it's just for our own good, nothing else; and it's up to us to have strong belief in God or not; it's our choice.
          this issue is clear for me.

10. Make  Money profile image68

What they are wondering now is why is it a mild flu with the, what, 40 or 60  cases in the U.S. and the 6 cases in Canada while people are dying from it in Mexico.

Good point. There is no swine flu at all in Australia at this time, all the pending cases have been cleared, and it does seem mild other than in Mexico.

======
      may be it's just government work for political reason...

It's also a reason of logic. No offence to Mexico, but obviously they're not quite up to par in various things like medicine and what not have you compared to the USA.

Granted, I'm not saying there's no such thing as a clean and competent Mexico city and hospital, but they definitely don't have them with the same frequency as available in other parts of North America.

Australia should be pretty good on it, I imagine, since there will be little travel between Australia and North America where people have come down with this particular strain. It's a rather odd virus that is rather good at adapting to its surroundings. Most strains of the virus people come down with year after year end up starting somewhere in Africa/Asia.

This year, sounds like Mexico became a popular destination for people in those countries. Or it may be a random thing generated by one farmer's swine, though I couldn't tell you for sure.

What I can tell you, for sure is its being overblown. When we see reports of death after death, day after day, then you have a reason to worry.

But unless it's got some extra trick up it's sleeves (as if a virus was a living thing to begin with...) you're probably not be going to be seeing that. Just like the other "flu" viruses that have made the airwaves in recent years.

But hey, how about that economy, huh? Oh wait, people are getting sick...

G|M

11. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Well, my whole family suffered from the terrible cold for the last two weeks. Finally we are recovering. But my wife looked up the symptoms of swine flu today, and they match perfectly tongue

Thanks for the update, Misha. Glad you're still with us! wink

It has most of the symptoms of the normal flu because... it is the "normal" flu. Just a slightly different version.

G|M

1. Misha profile image64

Thank you, I am glad too. smile

Now I have to figure out how to pass it to Mohamed, just to prove him wrong tongue

======

you are welcome
          i approved from bible ; that i am right, and God with me in that; so what do you have to approve your point?
          and remember, we will our sins, and we should pay for every sin we did; and in the end if we deny God; then. HELL

Hell is listening to these ridiculous threats from a fundamentalist religious fanatic.There is no hell.

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image59

Don't bother trying Misha, his life is ruled by someone's poor second hand interpretations of scripture.

There is no "proving" him wrong, for there is no reason in him to do so.

Unless of course, you're God, and you're here to condemn us to Hell.

But we love Mo all the same. wink <3

Peace,

G|M

2. WeddingConsultant profile image66
      WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope you haven't brought the swine flu here to northern va! Travel to Mexico lately? wink

1. Misha profile image64

No, but can't guarantee nobody from my wife's office or my kids school did.. tongue

I hope your wife gets well quickly Misha, as I feel sure she will. All the USA cases of the flu have been treated safely so far.We have not found any problems in Australia yet. All flu cases have been cleared of swine flu here.

i think ; they will be fine; the doctors said there are not so serious cases here in USA;but, i don't know why it's so bad in Mexico; it's just wired to me...
          God with you, your wife, and us...

12. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Ramen!

13. mohamedhmm profile image59

More science leads to more faith:
    And if you believe in just science, science approved we must be with God as Muslims do, and we should open our hearts to read the last message , the last holly book, and follow the three holly books(bible, Torah, Koran); and read from science:

Eating Pork can be Hazardous to your Health
    Medical and Scientific Reasons for not Eating Pork ; Peter Warnock, "It had to happen, Scientist Examines Ancient Bathrooms of Romans:

www.geocities.com/porkfatal

So; when we could follow God?

14. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Don't worry mohamedhmm, we have only Kosher pork in our household. I'm far from convinced it's anyone else's business, though, who eats pork and who doesn't.

You do have a remarkable urge to run everyone's lives for them. Resist.

=====
      it's just about God
      just if you care?

1. LondonGirl profile image82

I'm inclined to think it's just about you. Let other people eat pork, marry in the same gender, and mind your own business.

===

just for God;
          we are brothers and sisters;
          in bible"love your fellow man";and same in koran;
          if we love God, we should love talking about him;
          and if we have the light, we should guide others;
          and love for you and all

15. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Not all sickness is punishment by God...

=====

sometimes to clean us from our sins;

sometimes to test us;
      sometimes to warn us;
      sometimes punishment or alarm for us;
      just read the signs and the circumstances.

16. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

This OP is painful to look at, aaagugugh.

Make sure you cook your meat well:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/trichi … prevention

Also, mad cow disease is caused by prions creating lesions in the brains of victims.  It is an agent somewhat similar to a virus, only with some different properties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion

I am sure there were some good ancient reasons that these "thou shalt nots" were written in the holy book scriptures. Some, however, have ceased to be of issue, give the data science has uncovered.  Other diseases and problems have only recently come into play. 

Fundamentalism would probably make ME insane, and then people would probably discuss me on the "how do you know if a hubber is insane," forum, wink.

Easy, just agree with mohamedhmm (OP) then you will have your sanity all intact and safely accepted.....  by him.Seriously though, many of the laws that applied to safe behaviour were pretty good for the times they were written in, but holy? I don't think so.

====
        you shouldn't agree with me; but you need to agree with God not me...

2. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe at the time they were written, they were indeed just the 'good' books, containing knowledge...  Which most people did not HAVE at the time--neither literacy or good hygiene knowledge, or many other things.  I was thinking today talking to a native woman here in AZ, how it seems easy this would be the next step up from an oral tradition (which the tribes have rules about and describe as sacred).  Wouldn't scribes writing down the knowledge in a book and the process, plus the artifact seem holy in a just literate people, then, too?

The clinging to these ideas maybe connects people to their traditions and identity when there are too many changes for them to handle, (ahem?).  Opposition probably even makes them feel stronger about what they 'think.'

Oh, well--that was my sililoquy of the day, smile

And well stated. I agree, it seems impossible for those with religion to not believe. They filter all beliefs through their religion first, so any knowledge that falls outside their religion is "of the devil" or some other bunkum.Anything but think for themselves, and open up to other beliefs.

====
          the case so simple than that; it's one word:
          God

17. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Anyone else reckon that this thread is like a Turing Test, where mohamedhmm is an automatic machine that just quotes random religioussy responses?
    ( And if that's not a word - it should be)

And if not, then he's just your ordinary, garden variety troll.
    I'm outta here.

Bloody Tasmanians, always makin up new words. Geez Eric I don't know, maybe mohamedhmm is having trouble understanding anything that is not in a religious book, and only knows how to cut and paste!

====
        it's blessing for me to understand God books, i have the light; what do you have?

A decent understanding of religion and an open mind, two things you seem to lack.

====

the light with me, God with me; what do you have, who with you?
            are you safe?
            if you deny God; that's the real lack, and obvious approve for ignorance mind, and all what do you have; just illusions and darkness

====the sad thing; people do not like to face God; and just run away.
      just run from God to God.

I don't think Eric is running away mohamedhmm, I think he has no time to waste on your narrow mind.

3. LondonGirl profile image82

Before you go, let me pass you a nice ham sandwich.

LOL you really do have a keen English wit London Girl!

18. calebd profile image59
    calebdposted 14 years ago

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously, thank you for your absolutely brain-dead assertion, OP.

==== that's so low

i think you are in the last stage of swine flue

That's pretty funny mohamedhmm!

19. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

OK, guys!  The best way to prevent swine flu IS:  Drumrolll, please:  Wash your hands.  Dr. Sanjay Gupta says so, wink.

1. profile image0

That's a waste of water! lol ( totally joking, in case someone takes this seriously. )

===

at all the government do not care much about swine flue and lives more than how much money they could get from it; so, i have doubts about this; and you would have the same if you looks to the government action of USA...

20. mohamedhmm profile image59
  21. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

That is an interesting web page LG and kind of scary when saying this swine flu could have been created by man and possibly originating from Fort Detrick.  The Google map on it would be a good one to keep track of.
      http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& … 81&z=5

That page is up to date as of yesterday but it conflicts with the World Health Organization's quote from yesterday regarding the amount of confirmed swine flu cases around the world.

From http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_04_29/en/index.html

Well that webpage has been up for a very long time and I mean for over ten years.  They are real Doctor's that write that stuff, not media fear mongers.

One of those patients that died was under 2 years old.  Do your research to find the truth.

2. Make  Money profile image68

This is a real good site LG.  It looks like they update the site periodically.  Now they have a link to a video on it talking about the origin of this swine flu.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmlQXqtu6Hs

Whether this swine flu was created by man possibly originating from Fort Detrick or whether it possibly originated from a factory pig farm in Mexico, 50% owned by a U.S. company called Smithfeild based in North Carolina, they are both good reasons to scrap NAFTA completely.

The site also says this,

===
        13,000 has been killed by regular flu; it's high number; but why the regular flu could kill us?

I just wrote a hub on Sugar and it astounds me that the same symptoms of the Flu are exactly wht sugar does to the body.  You would be very surprised at what Sugar does and it's Alternatives.  I don't want to seem over publisizing my hubs but you cn look at my profile and read the one called Sugar in Disguise.  Sugr mimics so many other diseases and conditions and we don't even know it because the FDA and other health orgs don't want us to know.  The don't want you to know the root cause only push drugs at you to treat the symptoms.

===
            because all what they care about it; just more money for them.
            so, now swine flu next, bird flu; then, cows mad disease; and so on again next year...

22. Make  Money profile image68

Yeah I think it's a good site LG, I'm not disagreeing with you.  Check it out today, it's got a photo of a toddler licking a pigs nose threw a fence.  Yuck.

The World Health Organization has an updated page for today.
    http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_04_30_a/en/index.html

Yeah that is disgusting!!  Some people have no sense og cleanliness.  I am not talking over cleaning or anything of that nature or even having a spotless house, but when you allow pigs and birds that should be outside to live in your house--then one is asking for it.  Pigs are supposed to be the cleanest cratures, BUT not all the time--just look what they roll in...stinking (which means lots of bacteria and viruses and all kinds of nsty organisms)mud.  People need common sense.

About the numbers---I think today it wasa up to 2800 in Mexico that had the flu----Ok just how many peole live in Mexico--who don't have it!  They over=rate it.  The same with the NY the other day 28 cases, which is much more now, but think about how many people who live in NY--just the City alone----millions who don't have it.  It's crazy, just plain crazy.  I did notice when they had this in the news that they acctually were promoting the Tamiflu Drug--it was all over the videos in the news as they were telling of the flu virus.  One time every person should watch what is goiung on behind what they are telling you on the news.  I think we may be surprised and what they promote.

23. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Heck just watching the commercials and what they are promoting and at what time and how often they advertise during the day and the night.  Shocking!  It's all soothing and medicating things that need to be found the root cause to.

24. Make  Money profile image68

Yeah the news I watched today had a Tamiflu ad in the background too.  I think I remember reading that over 3,000 die in the US cause of flu in a normal year.  I've even read that is a high number to gain support for vaccines.  It makes you wonder whether this is all hype for the pharmaceutical industry.  Yeah the pharmaceutical industry just treats symptoms not the root cause.

===
      it's about money; not lives!!!

25. mohamedhmm profile image59

Here is a briefly explains what swine flu is, where there have been cases of human infection with swine influenza A (H1N1) in the U.S., the symptoms of swine flu in people:

http://pandemicflu.gov/faq/swineflu/

26. mohamedhmm profile image59

Here's News and information on the 2009 (swine flue) outbreak. Includes a map tracking the distribution of swine flu -influenza A (H1N1) -cases around the world.
    www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/health/sw … index.html

27. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

I think it's important to note here that bacon is really, really delicious!

Yes and they did mention that it wasn't eating the meat that causes the Swine Flu at all.

28. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Right. The government of Egypt is in the process of putting all the Christian minority pig farmers in the country out of work via irrational overreaction (and maybe some other reason?).

Yeah I read they were going to kill all the pigs in Egypt.  That is sad for the pigs who did nothing wrong!

1. tksensei profile image61
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Even sadder for the farmers who did nothing wrong.

Yep.  When is MAN going to leave well enough alone and let nature be nature.

LOL, is that "MAN" as oppossed to "WOMAN"?

29. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Swine flu doesn't lead to God.  It leads to a farmer in Alberta, Canada.

===
      that's only for silly people; you believe that?!
      the government want people to buy the pork; that's all.
      think about it, and read about scientific facts about it; never believe government without thinking...
      because how man be reason for this; then, this is man why not infected human like him; if this true; why we need the pig to get infected?

And some governments don't want people to buy pork...

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67

The very same thing can and should be said of those who blindly believe some book which is way out of date and has been manipulated by the government of ROME.

30. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Now, do we think the mutated H1N1 virus is an example of an evolutionary process, or is it just God's latest exercise in Creation?

31. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Swine flu doesn't lead us to God, it leads us the toilet and to bed. What are you smoking?

32. Lady Guinevere profile image67

1,027 people in the whole world of over a billion people have tested positive for Swine Flu!  People you are doing exactly what the governments and health Orgs want you to do--panic over nothing! A billion people--people think!!
    Now think of why they want you all to do that?  What are they trying to sell?
    More importantly what are they trying to hide?

33. maven101 profile image71
    maven101posted 14 years ago

Poor damn pigs....they give us bacon, ham, and pickled pigs feet...

They were among the first of God's creatures to be domesticated...and eaten...

A study by the University of Iowa, in 1994, found swine flu, passed from pig to human, occurred within a group of folks tending swine on a regular basis. Now why would this suddenly pop up when we have a historical calculation that shows no reports of this viral transference in prior human history..? One supposition is that it has been around a long time, ill defined, and running a normal course of infection that eventually terminated on its own.

I'm not giving up my ham and eggs for anybody....

Yeah where is PETA when we need them. smile

Happy birthday Sandra.

1. profile image0

Thanks Mike! big_smile

34. Make  Money profile image68

29 and holding? smile

1. profile image0

Yeah, I totally added another year to my life. LOL, I am officially 30 again. big_smile

===
        God bless your age...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)