Christian Discussion

Jump to Last Post 601-631 of 631 discussions (1620 posts)
  1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

Psa 118:8  It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

2. profile image0

Psa 118:27  God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.

Psa 118:28  Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.

3. profile image0

Mat 10:1  And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He had probably ground up some good heads and baked some brownies for them I would guess!
      How ya doing SirDent? Still playing plenty of music I hope!
      Good for the inner man! smile

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Playing music almost daily these days.  My son is now a memebr of the group playing keyboard.  He has also learned how to play the bass, drums and electric guitar.

That is way cool! I have children as you know.
          You would be rightly proud of him I'm sure! My kids are musical and I love it!

1. profile image0

I am proud of hims for sure.  He is more talented than I ever was.  I forgot to mention he also has a banjo and is learning how to play it.

One of mine just got a banjo too! My 14 year old Granddaughter.
              Very happy to hear from a proud parent! smile
              Congratulations! It doesn't always pass down through families like that. smile

1. profile image0

Your grand-daughter and my son are the same age.  He is 14 and will be 15 in December.

It is a wonderful age, the next youngest grandson is 13 so I have them all in a nice sequence. lol

My 14 year old is very beautiful already, I should marry her off before she loses her looks! (just kidding!) She has little interest in boys, she is in to ballet and reading mostly. lol

1. profile image0

My son is a handsome young man.  Of course he takes it after me.  tongue

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5314344_f248.jpg

4. profile image0

Psa 118:4  Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever.

Psa 118:5  I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place.

Psa 118:6  The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Man, and Satan, can kill the body but not the soul.
      Amen SirDent.

PS cool pic of your son.  I hope he has "inherited" the Faith as well.  May the Lord keep and bless him!

1. profile image0

He inherited it from the Lord HImself, as we all must do.  wink

1. profile image0

Yes, that's what I was getting at.  I just meant that he's hopefully following his father's good example!   Sorry if I said it wrong.  smile

1. profile image0

I knew what you meant but others might not.

Psa 23:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
            Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
            Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
            Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
            Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
            Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

1. profile image0

Wow.  Those passages always stir up my heart.  Won't it be wonderful to dwell in the house of the Lord forever, and I mean forever and ever in His presence?!  The word says we can't even imagine what He has in store for us....

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
                A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that kind of like extolling the virtues of how great a movie is going to be when all you've ever seen was the trailer?

1. profile image0

Not when you've read the back of the Book and know the Author personally!   As SirDent pointed out by Scripture, the child of God knows and trusts the Creator and Savior since we have His Spirit within us.

2. profile image0

1Co 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

1Co 2:10  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

5. profile image0

Luk 9:1  Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
    Luk 9:2  And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

6. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour."

-1Peter 5: 8-

7. profile image0

Joh 3:20  For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21  But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

8. profile image0

Eph 4:22  That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Eph 4:23  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

9. profile image0

2Co 13:4  For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

10. profile image0

It has occurred to me why the ol' Serpent always ends up punching below the belt.
    'Cause God consigned him to crawling on his belly and eating dust all the days of his life, he can't reach any higher.

11. profile image0

My computer went down for the last time last time last night.  Using my wife's computer and I hate it.  Everything is different.

Anyway, I saw this posted on facebook and copying it here.  I love the message it contains.

"God doesn't have a Blackberry or an iPhone, but He is my favorite contact. He doesn't have Facebook, but He is my best friend. He doesn't have Twitter, but I follow Him, and He doesn't have internet, but I am connected to Him. And even if He has a great communication service, his customer service never puts me on hold." ~~~ Author Unknown

1. profile image0

Awesome.  Amen.  smile

12. profile image0

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

1John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

13. profile image0

"And the servant of the Lord must not strive;  but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

In meekness instructing those that oppose thmselves;  if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil,  who are taken captive by him at his will."

(2Timothy 2: 24-26)

14. profile image0

Mar 9:43  And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
    Mar 9:44  Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

15. profile image0

45 & 46:

"And if thy foot offend thee,  cut it off:  it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell,  into the fire that never shall be quenched.

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."

16. profile image0

Isa 30:33  For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.

17. profile image0

"Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel;  Behold, I will bring upon this city and upon all her towns all the evil that I have pronounced against it, because they have hardened their necks, that they might not hear my words."
    (Jeremiah 19: 15)

18. profile image0

Today I've been free of pain and stiffness!  That's unusual. 
    Thank You Lord!

19. profile image0

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday was a bad day
    I felt such emptiness
    I saw so little that was good
    I felt the cold wind's kiss.

But even then I saw Him.
    Through the chillness of the air;
    Knew that He was near me
    Knew I should not despair.

Today was a good day
    I felt the warmth of sun
    And searched for smiling faces
    And found many, not just one!

And He was here today too
    Just like I knew He would
    He is the Everlasting
    The only One who's good.

His presence keeps me hopeful
    In the good times and the bad
    I'm so ever grateful
    For every day I've had.

Tomorrow will be a new day
    If He so lets it be
    And no matter what it is
    I want Him here with me.

-B. Durham, 2005-

20. profile image0

Isa 33:14  The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

21. profile image0

Isa 33:17  Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.

22. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Gospel According To Shemp 4:21  Niagra Falls! Slowly thou turneth. Step by step, inch by inch....

23. profile image0

1Th 5:4  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

1Th 5:5  Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

1Th 5:6  Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

24. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

And Moe looked upon the Christians and cursed them with ignorance and self righteousness.

Let them believe they are above all other men while looking up into their faces.

The Gospel According to Shemp 1:22

25. profile image0

Phi 3:13  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

26. profile image0

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1. profile image0

Amen!
      I'm glad everyone has the opportunity to become born-again!

27. profile image0

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The bible starts off telling us something important

He said ..  I am yesterday and I am tomorrow.  That aught to tell us something about our perseption of what Time is.

But it don't ....   so now where do we go with our perseptions from there?

1. profile image0

One day at at time?  But, knowing God, we can look forward to eternity.  Isn't it just that simple, Jerami?

Love that old song

One day at a time, sweet Jesus
        that's all I'm askin' from You

Teach me today, show me the way
        one day at a time....

Or something like that.  Well, it's been so long, I've forgotten some of the words.

Besides, I'm very busy tryin' to buy shoes from the spammer above you!  wink LOL.  But I is soooo broke....
        wink

1. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

tell me about it!   I think I would be broke cept that I been bent around the circle twice and reuse to snap.

1. profile image0

You're strong, Jerami, and a survivor! smile

2. profile image0

As we grow in the Lord our perception changes.  As a baby grows and elarns to crawl, then walk then feeding himself, we likewise do so in the spirit. 

Think of Elijah going to the brook Cherith at the order of the Lord.  That is like the beginning or being born.  Eventually the brook dried up.  Many get mad at this point, but Elijah moved to the next level.  We are to do likewise. 

Eventually we will get to the point where time means nothing to us in the spirit and we will long to be with the Lord.  Elijah eventually got to the point to where he could stand alone in the Lord.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
          Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's a shame you can't make everyone agree with you, Dent.  Then we wouldn't have to scroll past all of your duplicate posts.  Why don't you just post the chapter and verse numbers instead of plagiarizing your novel.  Do you think anyone interested in these scriptures does not have access to your novel? 

If they can read your posts they have access to the book itself.  What is your point?  Most of the time your posts have nothing original in them and consist of copied material which has been posted too many times already.  Who do you think you are assisting by posting words anyone has access to?  Seriously? smile

1. profile image0

Lat time I checked no one was holding a handgun on anyone making them read posts.  It is your choice if you read them or not and what difference does it make to you what I post?

Way to avoid my questions as usual, Dent.  Why do I ask and what difference does it make?

If it makes no difference, then you would not ask me questions either?  Make up your mind.  Since you are reluctant to answer my questions I can only assume you do not like the answers you would have to give in response.

When I see those of your ilk continually posting the same words over and over when they are already available to almost everyone on the planet, it makes me wonder why?  Sorry I am curious as to what makes one do such a thing.

But carry on if it makes you feel better, Dent.  Redundancy is a particular trait of the Christian faith as it has no real answers to furnish those who desire truth about your particular branch of the cult.

If quoting hearsay from anonymous authors is the only answers you have to give those you are posting to, then you certainly have your work cut out for you.   

And how did you check to see if someone was forced to read posts at gunpoint?  lol

28. profile image0

Jerami,
    SirDent will probably have some wisdom to impart about your question.
    Me, I keep it waayy simple and will say it's in the hands of God.   ...The older I get, the more aware I've become of my mortality.  I suppose that's natural.  But I'm also much more aware of my potential immortality!  With God that's possible.  I wanna live forever in His presence.  He is eternal!  I've no need to figure out His concept of time.  The Ancient of Days! (I love that name of His).

29. profile image0

Proverbs 24: 7, 8, 9:

"Wisdom is too high for a fool; he openeth not his mouth in the gate.

He that deviseth to do evil shall be called a mischievous person.

The thought of foolishness is sin;  and the scorner is an abomination to men."

1. profile image0

Psa_111:10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

30. profile image0

You attempt to insult me and anyone else who might agree with what the Bible says.  Then, when I reply that you don't have to read any of the comments here, you say I am avoiding the questions you ask. 

What I really try to avoid is a pissing contest.  You talk a lot about racism in the area you live but, by your own admission, you are racist.  You are racist against all who believe in God.

Fundamentalists always consider truth an insult if it doesn't agree with their beliefs, Dent.  And do you claim you don't avoid my questions?  Your comments I usually do read, but your monotonous scripture copy/pasting of your novel needs no perusing as it has been done to death on these forums.

How many times must you put the same verses on these forums before you are satisfied?  I would certainly expect you to ignore my posts if I repeated them over and over ad nauseum.

I really don't know how to respond to this reasoning, Dent.  And you sir are a liar.  I have never admitted to being a racist anywhere on these forums. 

Racism refers to one who dislikes those of different races, not religions.  That is the stupidest thing you have ever posted on these forums.  Perhaps it IS better for you to post your old copied superstitious novel excerpts instead of trying to converse using your own illiterate words.

1. profile image0

Your posts speak for you.  That is all I need to say on this.

31. profile image0

"I will bless the Lord at all times:  His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul shall make her boast in the Lord;  the humble shall hear thereof,  and be glad."

(Psalm 34: 1 & 2)

1. profile image0

Mar 9:41  For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)