Needing everyone's good thoughts!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 120 discussions (209 posts)
  1. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

As most of you know Lynnechandler is my mama .. Well we recently found out that she has been near stroking out of this world. I am not going into detail about all of it but let's just say she was misdiagnosed and it nearly killed her. She finally went to the doctor about it and now they are on the track of "fixing it". I need any and all good thoughts sent our way because as of now I am terrified that we caught this a little to late. sad

I won't be on much but will give updates as I get them.

Thanks so much to all of our friends here at HP.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

more than anything i pray for the family's acceptance and readiness. for when people heal, the family needs to also be strong enough to ensure that her recovery is permanent.

1. profile image0
        pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is very very true. And we are doing everything we can to ensure this happens. My boyfriend and I have moved her downstairs, and us back upstairs, we do everything we can for her but it still doesn't ease the worry and fear.

Thanks for the prayers and everything.

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

omg, i can't believe i missed this forum.  i hope everything works out for your mom.  she's definitely a good woman, and i hope she'll be okay.

1. profile image0

Thank you Steven. We are going for the CT scan this morning so I will know more later today.

3. pinkboxer profile image59
      pinkboxerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Prayer going forth for your Mama, you, and the entire family. PinkyLee, faith will bring you through this.

1. profile image0

Thanks so much Pinkboxer

4. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didnt know, Ive been away.  sad  Thank  you so much for the news, and you both have all my good thoughts and whatever else I can send. Hugs.

1. profile image0

Thanks so very much

5. Putz Ballard profile image59
      Putz Ballardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lynn will be in my thoughts and prayers.

1. profile image0

Thank you

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Positive thoughts to Lynne. smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Sending my positive thoughts to your mother.

4. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry to hear of this concern.

5. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Positive thoughts to your mum as well from me. Sorry to hear this - hope she will get better soon.

6. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

The same from me - positive thoughts for Lynne.

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

She has my thoughts, too smile

8. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Nothing but good positive thoughts for you and your mother.  Take care and keep us posted.

9. raisingme profile image75
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

Sending love, support and positive energy n' lots of it!

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

All my best too Pinky.

11. profile image0

UPDATE:

My mama found out today that she has a heart aneurysm about 3 times most normal sizes. We are going Monday to find out more about the actual size of it and everything. She has been put on bed rest and sends all of her love and thanks for everyone's support.

Please continue to send your good thoughts and prayers our way. Thanks so much for everyone's support.

12. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Pinky I am so saddened by all of this. Please let her know that she is missed and that I hope she finds a way to keep strong and fight.

13. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..sending good wishes to your mom, you and your family.

14. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

oodles of affection, for the whole family, thinking of ya

15. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

Many, many prayers for your family, Pinkylee.  Lynne is a lovely person-you as well-and I hope the situation can be reversed.
    ((((HUGS)))

16. profile image0

Thank you all for your concern and prayers. smile

17. samboiam profile image61
    samboiamposted 13 years ago

pinky, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Our prayers are with you.

1. profile image0

Thank you Sam It means a lot to me.

18. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Pinky,

My positive thoughts are with you and Lynne. 

Peace and light.

Beth

1. profile image0

Thank you Beth

19. msann1949 profile image59
    msann1949posted 13 years ago

We will remember you and your mom and family. I know that fear is a horrible thing. Try and not let it consume your thoughts to often. Strength can come from God when you ask Him. I do not know you so I do not know if you pray or even know anything about God. Healing comes from God because of Jesus when we ask using His name to the Father. I know that the Lord is a comfort in our greatest time of need. I don't know what she likes, but if she likes to read, find her favorite book and read to her. Talk to her about things you two have had fun doing. You will give her strength by just being there. By the way Psalms 23 and Psalms 91 are good for times like now. If you don't mind I would like to say a pray for her and expect God to do a miracle.
    Lord we come to you at this time with the greatest of needs. I ask that you touch Pinky and Lynn right now as they are reading this. You know the fears that are in the mind and heart at times. I ask that you would replace it with great joy as the healer is in the house. I ask that you would get glory out of this problem and raise her to her feet so that she may continue doing the things she needs to do. The word of God says in Deuternomy 30:19, I have given you this day the choice of life and death and blessings and cursing. Therefore choose life and blessings and that is what I choose in the lives of Pinky and Lynn. In the name of Jesus.  MsAnn1949

1. profile image0

Thank you MsAnn

20. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Positive thoughts to your mom, you and your family Pinky. Hope everything will be okay.

*edit* I just remembered that I was looking at my profile last night and Lynne's fan mail was one of the three featured on my profile. I also remembered that I asked myself how she was and how we kind of raced towards hitting 100 hubs. I don't think we were able to track who actually won but I think she got the 100 hubs before I did.

1. profile image0

Thank you very much Emi

21. KCC Big Country profile image84

My computer is out and I'm having to share my husband's computer so I've been out of pocket more than usual.  I just came back to check on Lynne.  Pinky, please let Lynne known I'm thinking of you both and will continue to send nothing but good positive thoughts and well wishes your way!  Take care and keep us posted!

1. profile image0

Thanks so much KCC ... I will let ya know what the doc says later today if I can.

22. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

sending many positive thoughts & prayers to Lynn & Pinky. smile

1. profile image0

Thank you

23. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

My thoughts and prayers for Lynne & your family.

1. profile image0

Thank you Jane

24. Wendy Krick profile image64
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

In my prayers.

1. profile image0

Thanks

25. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Missed this post too, Pinky!  Sorry to hear about Lynne's troubles.  Hoping everything will be okay for her and you!

Keep us informed!       

Randy

1. profile image0

Thanks Randy and I def will keep everyone as up to date as possible.

26. profile image0

Going with mama for her CT scan this morning and as soon as I know something I will let you all know

Thanks for your continued support

27. profile image0

****UPDATE****

Mama went for her appointment today but they decided she needs more tests. The next test they want to do will be the determining factor on if she has to have surgery to save her heart or not. Basically today we did not get any answers.
    The problem with this next test is the hospital here won't do it until she gets all of her paper work in for financial aid. Problem with the paperwork is that she don't qualify for anything that she has to have proof of to be approved. However she is still gonna give it a shot and try for help because this is a serious problem that she needs fixed ASAP. So right now I don't have much news to give you all.

28. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

pinkylee, sincerest thoughts and well wishes go out to your mother (and fellow Hubber).

1. profile image0

Thank you very much Lisa

29. KCC Big Country profile image84

We'll continue to send much love, positive thoughts, and well wishes your way for you and Lynne.  Thanks for keeping us posted.

30. profile image0

Thanks KCC I will def keep you all posted with updates as I get them.

31. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 13 years ago

May all be well. I'll be blasting good energy your way tonight before I clock out into dreamland.

1. profile image0

Thanks so much Ixxy ... I'm bout to clock out myself. Have sweet dreams

32. profile image0

~~~UPDATE~~~

Good news on the health front. The hospital decided to have a heart and took mama in as a charity case therefore she can now have the CT scan she needs so badly and then go from there. We are working on getting her appointment set up for this.

33. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Great news Pinky! I am still keeping all my best wishes aimed in your and her direction.

34. KCC Big Country profile image84

That is fantastic news, Pinky!  Give Lynne a big hug from us all here at HP!  Thanks for letting us know.  The both of you will continue to be in my thoughts!

35. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the update pinky, we are all still here for you and your mom, wishing you a great outcome. It is re assuring that Lynne is in good care.

36. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Both you and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers.

37. profile image0

Thank you all for your continued support and as soon as I find out when the test is and we find out if what they are gonna do I will let you all know.
    Big hugs from me and her to you all.

38. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Send your Mom a big "Atta boy" from me!  Hang in there!

1. profile image0

lol I will do that thank you

39. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

I just want to thank you all for the out pouring of love here. Pinky is really worried about all that is going on with me and this support really helps.

On a bit of an upswing the CT scan is scheduled for this Wed at 9:30 and we should know a bit more after that is done.

Again, thank you all from the bottom of my damaged little heart for your kind words and support they mean more than you will ever know.

40. profile image0

UPDATE

Mama had her CT scan this morning (Wednesday) and we should know something more by the end of this week or beginning of next.

41. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

Pinky, I will pray that your mum and family gets through this stressful time.

1. profile image0

Thanks hun .. We are still awaiting the test results

42. profile image0

~~~UPDATE~~~

We finally got the test results back from mama's CT scan. Her aneurysm is 5.1cm big. Only .1 over the size of ones they watch. She has a Dr. appointment on Wednesday the 21st with a cardiovascular man to find out what they are gonna do about it. There is a 50/50 chance that they will have to do surgery. They may just watch it for a few months and see if it is growing and such. When we find out I will be sure to let everyone know.

43. wilmiers77 profile image61
    wilmiers77posted 13 years ago

God has answered all of prayers. So, I shall pray for your mama.

1. profile image0

Thank you.

44. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

With kind thoughts and wishing strength and the healing your mother wants.

(((((()))))

1. profile image0

Thank you very much Salt.

45. KCC Big Country profile image84

Thanks for the update Pinkylee!  Let Lynne know I'm thinking about her.  I'll keep you both in my thoughts and will continue to send good vibes and well wishes your way!

1. profile image0

You are welcome and thank you for your continued support.

46. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 13 years ago

You guys ate such great people.  I will continue praying and supplying good wishes.

Dale

1. profile image0

Thank you dale for the continued support and prayers.

47. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the update pinkylee.

All my prayers and good wishes for your mama and for your family.

1. profile image0

Thank you so very much Emievil. We appreciate it more than you know.

48. profile image0

Please pray for my mama tonight at she has her doctor appointment with the cardiologist in the morning and we will finally know what they are gonna do.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will pray for her and for everyone in the family to have more strength and courage at this point in time.

1. profile image0

Thank you very very much PDH

1. Diane Inside profile image73
          Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will be praying for her, as well as for you and your family. I'm happy to see that she is seeing a doctor, and attempting to get better. As I work in healthcare and have seen many people in denial and refuse help. So she is on the right path. Hope and pray things turn out well for her. God be with you all.

1. profile image0

Thank you Diane. We are hopefully gonna find out tomorrow if they are gonna just watch this or if surgery is in store for her. I am seriously hoping that they don;t have to do surgery.

49. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Thank you for the update Pinky. wink I hope surgery isn't necessary, but if it is, I have faith in those who will take care of it. Try not to worry so much, and yes I know, that's like not sweating in 120 degree humid heat. lol

Just try to relax. wink

1. profile image0

LMAo this is true for sure and not much I can do other than hope for the best. Thanks Cags smile

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. wink big_smile

50. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

I'm really not much of a prayer Pinky, but I still hope for the best for your mom!  Good luck!

1. profile image0

I'm not either Randy though I do hope for the best as well and thank you for your support as I know my mama does think very fondly of you and it means the world to her that so many people are being supportive.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think highly of her too, Pinky!  Please keep us up to date!

1. profile image0

I will do I promise.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)