Time Again to Support New Hubs and Hubbers!

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (66 posts)
  1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

This week our HubNuggets Wannabes topics are Books/Writing/Literature - even Poetry; Travel and Places, and Gender/Relationships.

Enjoy the Wannabes as you read, vote for, and encourage the newer Hubbers. They help our community grow and provide new friends and contacts. A bigger world has more possibilities, you know, Space is so vast... [Reference: Congress of Wonders parody Star Trip]

We offer poetry, e-Book writing advice, and a lot more; locales well-known and obscure, and ...

We have some interesting Hubs in Gender and Relationships this week. You know Valentine's Day is galloping toward us. I myself am still on the lookout for a Hub on true love with a compatible outer space alien. Let me know if you see one (Hub, not alien)!

Now, veteran Hubbers, do not feel left out, because some of these weekly roundup Hubs include you as well, with a warm mention. In fact, I believe one recent roundup had a cast of deserving 100s. smile

A mention may also include a guest performance in a drama or comedy. This week we have guest Hubber Ben Zoltak in

HubNugget in Black - A Trolley Park Mystery at http://hubpages.com/t/1f4884

1. Simone Smith profile image86
      Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hurrah! What fun!! Off to read the Hub and vote!

2. Mrs. J. B. profile image60
      Mrs. J. B.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am new to Hub and I am loving all the amazing hubs that have been written.

3. dingdondingdon profile image60
      dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seems I missed the chance to participate but I love the look of Hubpages! It looks like a much friendlier place than other article sites I've written for. smile

Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad you're here! - a new roundup Hub is already posted by KoffeeKlatch Gals. Vote over there! See you around HubPages.

2. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Read and voted - I love a good mystery. What total fun - and so clever! I certainly enjoyed all the disappearing acts, too - fun pics! big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Congratulations to all the nominees!

3. Cathy Crowley profile image60
    Cathy Crowleyposted 13 years ago

I just started writing this week. I think this site is very nice and user friendly. I read a post that said this was not a blogging site. What is the difference? When I googled blogging this site came up as one of the first. Thanks for your help! Cathy

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages Cathy. As far as I can tell 'A blog-site' keeps an ongoing chronicle of short diary-style postings. The information is either on one subject (niche) or a combination of many things usually with links to other Web sites. These blog entries can either be about personal stuff or about a business and are posted in a reverse chronological order.

Compared to this, here at Hubpages you build hubs/articles that are not ongoing (mind you they can be if you want them to be) usually  a hub is a self contained story or article about anything you would like to write about.

Hope my explanation makes sense to you. If you have questions just post them and someone will try to answer them as soon as possible.

A few 'how to write' great Hub Tips

* Build/Write your Hub on an interesting topic filled with original content
          * Write from your experience or point of view
          * About 750-1000 words or so is a good length
          * Give it an attention grabbing title
          * Check your spelling and grammar booboos
          * Emphasize the content with a few relevant photos and/or videos
          * Give photo/video source acknowledgements
          * Move your capsules around to create an attractive layout, and preview your handy work.
          * Add links and RSS feeds
          * Add a news feed if you like.
          * Now all that's left to do is hit that "publish" button, and watch your score rise. Your friends at Hub-Central will do the rest!

1. Scoutruth profile image59
        Scoutruthposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the info!  Like Cathy, I too am new and wondered the very same thing.

2. Sandralee007 profile image60
      Sandralee007posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Giiod for you, at least you are tackling this Hub site.  I just started with my first hub this week, too. I do not find this user friendly though and hope it becomes easier fast. Good luck with your blogs, or Hubs, as they call them here.  I will follow you, and hope that yoiu will follow me too, I am waiting for my first hub to be posted, as it had to be re-edited, because I used too many liks, which I did not realize that I did.  My hub, my first hub asks a questions about two photos I posted on meditation, and which photo is more relaxing.  Hope you can see it and comment!  -Sandralee007@yahoo.ca

1. Sandralee007 profile image60
        Sandralee007posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for the typos, I meant "links" I have too many links. and Good for you Cathy, keep your chin up!!

3. Aisla profile image75
      Aislaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cathy. Your comment got me thinking too!  What is the difference?
      I have put a new hub out this week to help me , force me, bully me or just downright make a fool of myself in my attempt to lose the weight i have been struggling to use..........does that make sense? I have kind of put it up as an ongoing story from day to day. If you find out this is the wrong way to do things here please let me know. I will then humbly hubbly apologise.

4. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 13 years ago

Mysterious things happen a lot to the Hubnuggets!  big_smile big_smile big_smile Whhhheeeee..enjoying it immensely!  Congratulations to the nominees.  Read and vote..read and vote!

5. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 13 years ago

A super fun hub, SciPi... One of my favorite sayings 'Pay-backs a beach' (spelled wrong on purpose).

Congrats Hubnuggeteers on the nomination and good luck.

regards your Beeness

1. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image74
      KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm on my way to read and vote.  I can't wait.  I'll be back.

1. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image74
        KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Patty,
        How much fun that read was.  I love a good mystery.
        Congrats to all the nominees.  We have some really great ones.  Get out and promote.  And don't forget to vote.

I love your disguises!

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

heehee

6. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Entertaining story, Patty.  I'm promoting, I'm promoting!  My daughter got nominated also, so Yes, I'm promoting, hahaha.

That's wonderful! Congratulations and much more writing to both of you!

2. Reptarking17 profile image60
      Reptarking17posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I write hubs about how to play guitar and bass guitar and singing etc.  I am new to this site and need all the help i can get! if you could help it would be much appreciated

7. janey_may79 profile image60
    janey_may79posted 13 years ago

I am a newbie and would love the support from my fellow hubbers!  Have a great Saturday everyone!

Thanks for reading and visiting. We hope you like it here as much as we do, janey_may79.

8. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

I'm a new hubber and i'm completely in love with this site! Everyone is so nice and helpful!!

1. profile image0
      Fly Doveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ellarose, I'm new here as well, and I agree with you wholeheartedly, everyone is very helpful and the atmosphere is warm~~~~~~
      Blessings

2. Reptarking17 profile image60
      Reptarking17posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am new also.  This site is great. All help is needed

9. ross670daw profile image59
    ross670dawposted 13 years ago

An excellent selection, difficult to choose a winner. It's awesome to be able to read these hubnugget nominations and see the quality that Hubpages inspires. Congratulations to everyone nominated. Read and voted.

10. janey_may79 profile image60

Silly question....I am a newbie does that mean I am a hubnugget?
    That is such a cute name Hubnugget!  lol  :-)

heehee - The winners of the voting are the HubNuggets. If you're new, you have the potential. smile

11. BloggingPilar profile image66
    BloggingPilarposted 13 years ago

Hubnugget! Love it! Off to read the hub!

12. Average Writer profile image59
    Average Writerposted 13 years ago

I am new to Hubpages as of this week.  I really like the site so far!

13. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Welcome to all the new members of HubPages! Thanks for posting here and for reading the work of the nominees (wannabes). Keep writing, and you may become a Nominee yourself. Have a good week!

14. DPJake profile image60
    DPJakeposted 13 years ago

Where do I find a list of the weekly HugNugget nominations....I got nominated (yay!), but where is everyone going to read the nominations and vote?? I can't find the link....

The link is in the first post at the top of this page.

15. DPJake profile image60
    DPJakeposted 13 years ago

Okay.....I got a little lost....thanks....

In case you can't find it, here's the short version http://hubpages.com/t/1f4884

And congratulations on your nomination!!

16. janey_may79 profile image60

NEAT!

17. Teylina profile image60
    Teylinaposted 13 years ago

Not promoting my hub because still not pub'd! "Needs revision" still highlighted and trying to figure out why. Like rambling through everything I can that others have asked and all the answers. Trying to get used to finding my way back to someplace I've been before. Seems I always land on what I want by accident! Love this site and thoroughly enjoy learning from all of you.  Also really glad to find out there are so many of you like me who are trying to figure out what the heck to do next, and totally taken with how helpful all you ole pros are! Every one of you is a real motivator. Thanks to all of you out there! Can't wait to see if I can figure out how to get all this stuff out of my head, heart, soul and files!

Thanks for visiting us here! We hope your Hub is up soon.

18. profile image0
    Fly Doveposted 13 years ago

Hi All! I'm a new hubber and I'm really appreciate the volume of support from other hub-writer's. Meeting new friends  from around the globe is awesome! I'm excited to be a part of HubPages and the power of learning is added strength for each of us. What a great connection~~~~~~~~

I am full of joy to hear your thoughts and support of HubPages, Fly Dove! Hope it will continue to be such a grand experience for you - it has been for me. Thanks for writing!

19. b4murray profile image82
    b4murrayposted 13 years ago

Ok I know this is not a get rich quick site. But I havent even earned 1 cent.  I am working on adding more hubs... But what am I doing wrong?

Write at least one good Hub every day for several months and promote them as best you can - social networking sites, participating in HubMob and HubPages Contests, etc. Working within the groups and their weekly or contest topics brings more traffic to everyone in them.

Best wishes!

20. CARIBQUEEN profile image64
    CARIBQUEENposted 13 years ago

Great advice Patty! The encouragement is fantastic. I also am a new hubber and was wondering how I can get more traffic to my site. I was a little cautious when I joined hubpages, but I love to write and as the saying goes, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, so I just love to read other hubs. Sharing is great and receiving advice makes one feel appreciated. I do hope that you experienced hubbers will keep sticking around us, newbies. Thanks once again.

Thanks for reading and participating!

21. jokeapptv profile image61
    jokeapptvposted 13 years ago

sounds great love all the great posts.

22. thebluestar profile image77
    thebluestarposted 13 years ago

I am a fairly new hubber to, and found the courage to put a couple of questions on the forums.  The feedback has been amazing, encouraging and I am loving it. I still don't understand how to negotiate my way through the site as I would like to, but I am learning more each day. Thank you to everyone who has commented on my hubs.

23. katiem2 profile image59
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Thanks Patty, Good Stuff!  smile

24. tlpoague profile image82
    tlpoagueposted 13 years ago

Welcome newcomers to HubPages,
    As usual I am running late on my reading since trying out the 30 hubs in 30 day challenge. One thing about HP is that it will become addictive if it hasn't yet, and before long one will have the sickness. They can't walk by their comp without checking something out on HubPages.
    I better get back to reading so I can vote.
    Thanks for joining HubPages.

25. azimimpossible profile image61
    azimimpossibleposted 13 years ago

I just joined two days back.No followers yet.But hub is interesting place.I will surely be regular.

26. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks for all the postive posts and encouragement to New Hubbers. It's great to see all of it!

27. profile image0
    djwitposted 13 years ago

I'm new and just learning the ropes of HubPages. Hoping to read more hubs and meet great people!

Thanks for posting, djwit!

28. SPLITPERSONaLiTy profile image61
    SPLITPERSONaLiTyposted 13 years ago

I also am new to The Hub. I've read so many great pieces of literature. It's like opening a new book everyday. I'm still learning the ropes but will soon reach Pro status. LOL!

I like that  - "Like a new book every day."  Thanks for posting and welcome!

2. Scoutruth profile image59
      Scoutruthposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Everyone exudes so much confidence (congrats on everybody's efforts!!)... I just feel accomplished by writing something and putting it out there.

29. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

I'm still a newbie but I love hubpages so far!! And adsense is very nice as well!

30. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks Scoutruth and Ellarose92! Glad you are here!

31. Genna East profile image82
    Genna Eastposted 13 years ago

As another "newbie," all I can say is that this is an extraordinary forum, and I am delighted to be a member of such a wonderful group.

Thanks for saying so, Genna! I look forward to more of you Hubs as well. Hope you're having fun in the community.

32. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks to all the HubNuggets Wannabes for writing and all our kind READERS for reading and voting.

The winners have been determined!

Books, Literature, and Writing (83 total votes)

A Lesson for the Teacher (41 votes, 49%)
    Frankenstein as Prometheus (14 votes, 17%)
    Life Is Life... Fight For It (12 votes, 14%)

Travel and Places (86 total votes)

Ghostly places (31 votes, 36%)
    Turkey: Village Life (19 votes, 22%)
    Visiting Edinburgh for a Summer Vacation (12 votes, 14%)

Gender and Relationships (65 total votes)

10 Signs He's Mr. Wrong (17 vote s, 26%)
    The Perils Of Online Dating (14 votes, 22%)
    Check Please: The Role of Restaurants in Relationships...Especially Breakups (11 votes, 17%)

See you around HubPages, readin' your Hubs!

1. albertnicolie profile image61
      albertnicolieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am using Hub for around four months now. Though even after a fair amount of hubs being posted yet - I did not found my Hub profile gaining score and being popular among other hubbers. pls if any body can guide me?

I am writing a Hub to help with that right now! Will post later today.

33. HartMurengu profile image61
    HartMurenguposted 13 years ago

I am going to read and vote.

34. joyfuldesigns profile image70
    joyfuldesignsposted 13 years ago

Hi,
    I'm a newbie (about 1 week or so), if anybody is interested to support me, I would be MOST grateful.
    This so far has been an amazing experience.  Looking forward to meeting some of you.
    Val

35. janey_may79 profile image60

I would love some follows too,  I love  support!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)