97 hubs and never a penny

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (22 posts)
  1. mslizzee profile image62
    mslizzeeposted 12 years ago

I've written almost l00 hubs but I've never made one penny. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are several possible reasons.

One is time.  Most new Hubbers find it takes several months for their Hubs to start earning anything.  At 3 months, I'd made less than a dollar with 55 Hubs.  At 6 months, I'd made about $5.  At 12 months, I'd made 100 dollars - still with only 55 Hubs.  Hubs earn more, the older they get.

The other reason is subjects.  You can't expect to write about just anything and make money. 

You make money from the ads showing on your Hubs.  When you get an idea for a Hub, ask yourself, "what kind of ads will appear on this Hub?  Will my Hub make people want to click on those ads?"

If you can't answer that question in a positive way, the Hub is unlikely to ever make you any money.

mslizzeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you. I have noticed that when I write about wedding flowers I get repeated readers, but I pretty much hammer on Islam and that probably is not such a good subject. Thanks for your information.

1. Howard S. profile image90
          Howard S.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol Cracks me up! My wife writes on one of those niches as well--and you follow her--and that will never make a lot of money. But your real problem lies elsewhere. You don't have Adsense and HubPages connected right. I'll let someone who knows more about that help solve it; I'm simply affirming that niche and traffic are not the problems.

2. profile image54
      Medical-Attorneyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you are not getting enough views per hub or the placement of Ads is faulty.

3. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

is your adsense connected?

2. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

Its not your fault, only, there do not seem to be any traffic to your hubs.

Best Regards

3. leahlefler profile image96
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

Time is always a big factor. I'm pretty new, also, but I am earning some money (not much, but it is possible to earn something)! I would really defer to the experts here (through the learning center and through the most successful hubbers).

There are a few other things to think about:

Competition: you might be writing on a frequently searched topic, but if there are a gazillion other webpages on the same topic, your article will be at the bottom of the search results (because it is new). A topic might be "hot," but if there is too much competition, you may never see the traffic.

Article topics that get ad clicks: an article might be well written and well researched, but some topics just don't seem to draw ad clicks. Write on a variety of topics to see what draws clicks - this might be hard to do if you are currently getting NO ad clicks.

I really hope an expert chimes in with some more advice!

Thank you. I'm beginning to think its my strident political views smile

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Under "my account", "hubs", "traffic" what is the figure for google.com, ever?  If not at least several hundred this could be a problem - no organic traffic - and could be even at 2 or 3000.

Are you positive you have correctly signed up for adsense?  Does adsense show impressions, just no clicks?  If no impressions, there is a problem there.

Have you signed up for the HP ad program?  Does it show impressions?

I see Amazon ads - does Amazon show clicks?  If not, are you sure you have signed up correctly?

After 3 months and 100 hubs, you really should have at least a few cents (or at least some adsense impressions and/or Amazon clicks) - if you are totally at zero I would suspect one of the above things.

5. mslizzee profile image62
    mslizzeeposted 12 years ago

thank  you for your information. I went to statistics and I have 2005 Ever for HUB and 1000 for google. I don't know about Ad sense, I can't seem to figure it out.

1. Fineprint profile image70
      Fineprintposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I bet there is a problem.  I have made a penny off my blog (yeah I know a lot huh) just from impressions.  I would double check your adsense.

Thank you, I'll do that.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you don't have Adsense set up, you can't possibly make any money. 

HubPages never pays you anything direct.  You earn all your income through Adsense and Amazon. 

You earn from Adsense when someone clicks on your ads. You only earn from Amazon if someone actually buys something. If you're writing about Islam, it's hard to see what kind of ads you're getting and why anyone would ever be interested in clicking on them!

3. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Have you signed up and been accepted onto the Adsense program?

6. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

Keyword Researc
    SEO Research

Thats what you need to look at to find out what you are doing wrong.

7. profile image0
    B A N K A I guyposted 12 years ago

On my second day I started earning and haven't got 0 money from a day since then smile

1. Annasea profile image59
      Annaseaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm New and I didn't want to mess with your official hub, but I read the one on Bernie Maddoff and I hope I'm not being too forward in pointing out I found 2 possible errors in your story (I only read this from one source, but it's not my story...LOL..) There was a 3rd suicide, while you report 2, and his son did not throw himself out a window, as you described, but hanged himself.
      ' Mark Madoff's hanging is the third suicide linked to the scandal. A French fund manager, Thierry de la Villehuchet, took his own life after discovering he had lost $1bn of his clients' money by lodging it with Madoff. William Foxton, a former soldier from Hampshire who lost his family's life savings in Madoff's empire, shot himself last year.' UK, The Observer, Sunday 12 December 2010
      Not trying to be a newbie smartarse, just trying to help.

1. profile image0
        B A N K A I guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just made the changes to it smile
        Tnx for helping!

8. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Hi, mislizzee.  Welcome to Hubpages!  Wow! You've written almost a hundred hubs in three months.  Amazing!  Sorry to hear you have not seen a penny.  The others are right.  You should confirm your Adsense account as the problem may be from your account.  You should also sign up with the Hubpages Ad program as it pays by impressions meanings no clicks involved, just views. 

And I want to add that on my first month here, I also didn't earn a cent on Adsense and ditto on Amazon.  I  had 30 hubs then.  I did the 30hubs in 30days challenge, so I remember exactly how many hubs I had on my first month.  The second month, I earned $3.99.  So maybe, it's just taking a little bit more time for you to see some earnings.

Best wishes to you here in Hubpages.
    Rosie

thank you Rosie for the information. Maybe I just need to be more patient, I see that Hub Pages today says I've earned a few cents.

9. mdlawyer profile image45
    mdlawyerposted 12 years ago

It is necessary to write with the earning potential in mind. Take all the preparations needed to earn through the multiple channels.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)