Will homosexuals go to heaven or hell when they die?

Jump to Last Post 151-167 of 167 discussions (940 posts)
  1. Pintoman profile image59
    Pintomanposted 12 years ago

It's simply this; if you want to be eternally separated from God, he will allow you to be. Period. Basically hell is atheist nirvana.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If someone "allows" another to be separated from them, they just let that person go on their merry way. God does no such thing, he punishes those with eternal hellfire and damnation. Period.

1. livelonger profile image86
        livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's what the evangelicals always say. Interesting that you're so willing to accept their narrative as the only valid one.

2. ChAsInGJesus profile image58
    ChAsInGJesusposted 12 years ago

Hi cooldad,

That is a great question. God is the only one who can decide who gets into heaven or hell. He will judge, not us. The criteria for getting into heaven is repenting from sins, and believing and having faith in God. Additionally, a person must believe that Jesus died on the cross for their sins and rose on the third day. Sin is sin to God. Lying is the same as cheating, and homosexuality is no different then adultery because all sin is the same. There is no levels of sin. Sin is sin. When people do not believe in God they condemn themselves. To get into heaven you have to love God and have faith in him.

3. ChAsInGJesus profile image58
    ChAsInGJesusposted 12 years ago

All sin and any sin can be forgiven. God wants to forgive us so we can go to heaven with him forever smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

“Will homosexuals go to heaven or hell when they die?”

My guess is that God really doesn't give a damn in this regard.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had thought this piece of crap thread was dead.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

?

5. wellness5 profile image60
    wellness5posted 12 years ago

How on earth can you put homosexuality on the same level of murder?? If God thinks like that and the evengelicals say so, then you should have nothng to do with them.  As you are an atheist anyway, cooldad, why are you so worried about this?  In addition, why should a minor sexual deviation (only about 10%) cause so much angst and anxiety?? For me it just means that most Christian religions are just so hung up about sex that it makes them all look a bit sick!

6. whitenoise profile image59
    whitenoiseposted 12 years ago

no one knows whether even the non-homosexuals people go heaven or hell.. and its impossible to know.. so why bother.. the question is what do we do or get when we are alive ... so after death.. let the death decide.. cheer.. ha ha

7. wilmiers77 profile image60
    wilmiers77posted 12 years ago

Cooldad,
    God loves everyone the same. God loves Homosexuals; they are humans the same as Others. There is a major difference between being born homosexual and enhencing ones sex life by practicing homosexual acts. I have read the bibile in search of an answer to your question. Apostle Paul mainly attacks the latter practice if one puts his verses in context.

My conclusion is that God demands that His natural order of male and female be prominent and dorminent (Leaders); those straights practicing should stop, and those born should remain in privacy and not speak of it in public as is common practice for All.

I was in the military with homosexuals; I worked always with homosexuals; I went to church with homosexuals; I partied with homosexuals, and some was obvious. I never remember one problem arising. As the old saying goes, "Some of my closest friends are homosexuals."

Yes, born Homosexuals can go to heaven. The Straights seeking extra sexual enhancement or "mo sex"  is in the same boat as other sinners. Now, the next question arises why did God create homosexual? Damn good question?

1. recommend1 profile image61
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is a trifle garbled - you are saying that homosexual and straight sex are against the 'teachings' ?   You are repeating the trite and foul christian workaround that 'god loves homosexuals but hates homosexuality' ?

1. wilmiers77 profile image60
        wilmiers77posted 12 years agoin reply to this

recommand, you totally missed what I stated. Please keep in mind the difference of born homosexuals and straights that go for "more sex" by performing homosexual acts.

God doesn't hate homosexuality, but has preference to male and female for the proliferation of our specie; like priority...natural order...social policy makers.

The norm is not to publicize one's sex activities regardless whatever it is. So, is it not usual or more burdensome to keep homosexual activities private?

I suspect that you feel homosexuals becoming the major social policy makers, the world would be better? I say that in the former case, society would decay.

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Nothing personal.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

869 posts..... very telling. smile

9. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

Hey I agree!   While the thread title poses a valid important question, it was originally started, quite obviously from the slant of the posts even on page one and escalating all the way through, to agg-on heterophobic rants and mockery of the Bible.

I agree---shut it down!!

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image79
      Slarty O'Brianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why not try to shut down the question instead with a rational answer? Too much to ask for I guess, eh, Brenda?

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You'll need a real worm instead of the same ol' artificial bait used over and over and over and over.....

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

More psychotic threats directed at people who are not your equal cos you have a magic invisible friend who is right, therefore making you right and others wrong?

Write it up anyway you like it still reeks of megalomania.
    Fear and loathing by proxy! lol

11. profile image0
    Kliban Katzposted 12 years ago

The Bible also says that a woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man-- meaning pants.

The best answer I can give to the OP's question is that that matter is constantly and currently open to interpretation.  Raised Catholic, I'm acquainted with all the adorable paradoxes and nonsensical things the Vatican like to push around like a rumor mill.  If there is anything I've learned all these years it is that nothing is set in stone.  The Catholicism of my parents is not the Catholicism of our day, and the administration of the Church refuses to even acknowledge that something contrary to the current belief system ever existed.  As an example, in the 1950s, Catholic school professed that unbaptized babies who died would be forever trapped in limbo due to original sin.  Nowadays, they outright deny the existence of limbo in favor of "God's Love." Widespread religion  should be synonymous with politics because the truth and heart of the matter is continually lost in garbage, propaganda, and agenda pushing.

Being homosexual is not the same as being an adulterer or a murderer.  True, homosexuality is a condition that not only affects the individual but their family and friends as well (like "mortal sins"), but no true homosexual is homosexual for spite.  Anything that is uncontrollable (though some people debate this) and unintentional (in that they did not make a "decision" to be gay) cannot possibly bar an individual from heaven, if we are to believe in a physical heaven and a God who is logical and loving.  That is like saying people suffering from Autism are spiritually ineligible.  Many people will get very angry at someone who says that!

The Bible can no longer be looked at as the be all and end all realistically as most of its content is comprised of parables (which are figurative stories which need to be interpreted), and frankly times have just changed.  The heart of the religion hasn't changed (even though most people ignore it), which for those who don't know is love and the golden rule, and as long as people do not violate either of these, there is no issue.

In short and in absence of personal opinion:  Yeah, I think God wouldn't mind, why would he?

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image79
      Slarty O'Brianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting opinion. Thank you for sharing it. wink Were I to believe in the christian  god I might well feel the same way.

12. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

Far be it from me to read the mind of God but in regards to your question here is some biblical scriptures that address the question.

http://bible.cc/leviticus/20-13.htm

New American Standard Bible (1995)

"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

I believe you also asked the question can they be forgiven and enter into Heaven?

As I understand it Absolutely-God has stated he does not hate the sinner he hates sin.

God indicates this by saying if your right hand offends you then cut it off
    Or if your right eye offend you then plucked it out.
           (something to that effect)

As I see it we as human beings do not understand the value of sin. However biblical history has demonstrated that sin always involved the taking of a life be it animals or the son of God.

Consider the consequences of Adam and Eves actions-their disobedience impacted All of Mankind.

1. recommend1 profile image61
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This slimy 'hate the sin not the sinner' excuse for homophobia that some creep mis-read in the bible is a very good reason to dump the book and all that goes with it in favour of some kind of humanity.

13. profile image0
    Kliban Katzposted 12 years ago

If there is no differentiation between degrees of sin, then explain the importance of  distinguishing between "mortal" and "venial" sins.  If homosexuality is "bad" on the same degree as murder or adultery (which are different degrees of sin themselves, in my opinion), homosexuality is a "mortal" sin and is not as easily repented of.  It's not as easily done as "Sorry, Jesus, I just tripped and fell on him/her."

Actually, I may be playing with fire and even contradicting my previous statement, but I would like to argue that there are no "facts" in Christian dogma, as it is constantly changing to meet an agenda.  Mass is constantly being rewritten, Bibles reinterpreted, basic "truths" being challenged because they no longer serve their intended purpose...

If fact, if we are going to argue about how God sees the world, I would like to offer that the heart of God is unknowable and we cannot begin to try and trivialize God's feelings about human nature, good and bad.

14. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 12 years ago

There is no hell.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I "believe" that statement is correct, but do you have either proof or even good evidence?  I would like to change "believe" to "know".

15. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Will homosexuals go to heaven or hell when they die?

No they won't and nor will anyone else.

1. profile image52
      Rabgixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pretty  much.

16. celafoe profile image55
    celafoeposted 7 years ago

there are a lot of foolish answers on here but this is a serious matter and the truth MUST BE SHOWN.

there is ONE and only ONE correct answer.   iT IS THE GOOD NEWS of Jesus, forgiveness is available.
    It must be found in the new testament as that is the current age we are in.   In this age anyone can be forgiven of their sins if they follow the directions to become "born again" by repenting and turning from their sin and following Jesus the Christ
    No practicing sinner can be a Christian or enter the Kingdom of God.  To inherit/enter the Kingdom.of God you must be infilled with the Holy Spirit of God and He will not enter where there is sin..

1 Cor 6:9-11
    Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

the old testament cannot be used for the proof here because there was NO forgiveness available there     Forgiveness arrived with and through Jesus at the beginning of this age, new testament era.

1. profile image0
      GalaxyRatposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

17. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 6 years ago

Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Every means every!

God is full of grace and mercy, and His mercy never ends!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)