google chrome is killing hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (28 posts)
  1. MSantana profile image64
    MSantanaposted 12 years ago

Does anyone has this problem? I try to post two articles and in both cases google chrome will kill hubpages. I needed to try more than 10 times just to get it to post a photograph from my computer. I am wondering if anyone knows why this happens with hubpages.

1. iamalegend profile image61
      iamalegendposted 12 years agoin reply to this

it happens to me before. I reported it here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/82500#post1771792
      I changed the os to win 7. But i'm still getting errors and problems while uploading pics to hub from my computer.

2. Deni Edwards profile image78
      Deni Edwardsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't use Google Chrome when creating hubs.  There are a number of problems--not just with uploading pictures.  You might want to check on your sentences--there are no spaces between periods, either.

1. MSantana profile image64
        MSantanaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am revising thanks for letting me know. This morning I found a couple of things where misplaced in the hub, like a comma in front of a sentence. Perhaps it is best to avoid chrome for the hubs...since I already have the ESL factor. Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.

2. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

I have long abandoned Chrome and Internet Explorer.  Mozilla is my first choice. Hope this helps.

3. MSantana profile image64

Thank you.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I use Chrome and don't have any problems.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image60
      Brie Hoffmanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

me too

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too, but it does make me download something to load the pics.

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I also use Chrome with no problems, but you are not the only one finding issues with HP recently - see http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/84589

Dunno if its a server issue or what.

6. JamaGenee profile image79
    JamaGeneeposted 12 years ago

Sorry, Google, but I tried Chrome for awhile, but went back my old faithful Mozilla.  As for IE, left it behind and never looked back a decade ago when the first incarnation of Mozilla came out. ;D

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Same here.

1. JamaGenee profile image79
        JamaGeneeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

cool cool cool

Well this delightful computer geek told me Mozilla is run by Goggle anyway ,which I wondered about because even though I hadnt used G.C for some months SpyBot always found tracking cookies (from Goggle Chrome) Hmmm...

..Maybe I just like the Fox lol lol

Google took over Mozilla?  Think your friend is wrong, otherwise Google would've had no reason to develop Chrome.

Wasnt a friend ,and you could be right Jama.
              I had a problem with my browser(navigator bar had changed) so I asked the question on 'Yahoo Answers'

Her answer went like this:

mozilla firefox the homepage is ran by google so,Its pretty much the same as google
              I would just go to google and click set as homepage.

I didnt actually do what she suggested ,as I chose a different answer,but I do find some of the PC geeks helpful at times smile

7. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I don't have any problems with Chrome, I am using it right now. smile

8. iQwest profile image48
    iQwestposted 12 years ago

I'm currently using Chrome and have been fortunate that I'm not running into the same issue.  For work purposes, I typically have all three browsers open and I find that IE and Firefox are painfully slow compared to Chrome.

I think Chrome's speed depends on the machine it's running on.

Why are you using three browsers simultaneously, btw?

1. iQwest profile image48
        iQwestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For various Google online accounts (primarily different email accounts, Adsense, Analytics, etc.). If I login to one account, I get bounced out of the session of my other account (with a different user name / login address) within the same browser even if I open up another like browser tab or window. It never used to be this way, but it changed with a Chrome update.

With that said, I stumbled across working around this issue by having different browser windows open (ie: Chrome, Firefox, and IE).

Sounds rather clunky to me. cool

1. iQwest profile image48
            iQwestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's definitely a pain and was much nicer when I could login to whichever account I wanted to by simply opening another tab.

Oh well, in the scheme of things, it's a minor inconvenience!

9. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 12 years ago

Since I switched over to chrome I have had no issues at all.. Maybe your need to clear your cookies and history sometimes... I find Chrome works well with all the sites I write on... no issues at all.

10. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I've not had problems with Chrome specifically on HP. However I do have endless grief with Shockwave crashing and pages just becoming "dead". Also, although Roboform supposedly now works with Chrome, I am unable to use it.

Trouble is, I feel stuck with Chrome. I went over to it because Firefox became immensely bloated at one point and slowed everything on my machine to a crawl, and IE was bloated from the start.

I do bitterly regret having opted for Chrome though. Don't know if Firefox is better now. However, I have never managed to transfer bookmarks properly between different browsers, and cannot face the idea of starting from scratch again.

In terms of speed, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad SL500. I don't know if it is fast or not. I am plagued with slow connections, computer disk churning away endlessly, etc, etc. This happens on every machine, despite the fact that each time I buy the most powerful laptop I can afford.

1. Xenonlit profile image61
      Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I use Google Chrome and had the problem yesterday. Just after I clicked on the photo upload button, the whole screen went dark and I had to clear out and start again. Fortunately, the article was saved and I did not have to rewrite the whole thing.

As with Writeangeled, Firefox proved to be a big mess that just will not work.

it's just too much flash going on that is not compatible with older systems.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I too get frequent shockwave crashes. I assumed it was a conflict with windows 7 as I never had this issue with Windows Vista, but maybe it is Chrome that is at fault.

11. MSantana profile image64

Thank you folks. I didn't expected that many replies. You make good points against and in favor of chrome. I do like it and I like Mozilla as well. Thank you thank, you!

12. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I switched back to Firefox ,even though it is slower. Chrome has been giving me problems for a week now with double forum posts, freezing up on pages and waiting forever for a webpage to open. I thought I has a virus and ran all the tests.
    I guess others are also seeing some issues with it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)