Terry27 gave me an idea with his Hub focused on "Pay it Forward"...

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Seek-n-Find profile image71
    Seek-n-Findposted 12 years ago

Sometimes it can get a little tense around here with so many discussions and people disagreeing on so much.  I wanted to start a post that I hope will remain positive--a "Pay it Forward" post.  Write about another Hubber that you admire for one reason or another.  Let that person know that you've written about them so they can come read it and "Pay if Forward" by writing about another Hubber, etc. etc.  Let's see if we can actually create a forum that stays positive the WHOLE way though!  :-)

Seek-n-Findposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'll have to come back and list several Hubbers on here but since I am supposed to be sleeping right now, I'll start with the first one that pops into my mind.  I like the Hubber "Captain Redbeard."(http://captainredbeard.hubpages.com/)

For some reason, he just really makes me laugh.  He states his opinions and is not afraid to be real, but tries to remain respectful.  He has a great sense of humor and--he talks like a pirate!  That is just hilarious to me for some reason.  I always have a smile after I've looked at something he's written.  I'll be back to share about more Hubbers soon because like you said AEvans--there are  many!  :-)

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am supposed to be sleeping too! lolo! I will have to check him out. smile

2. Seek-n-Find profile image71

Calico Stark is another Hubber I appreciate.  Her comments are so genuine and she is overall just very positive and super encouraging.  She has a way of "grace" in which she talks and relates to others.  So glad to have met her here!  I'll be back later with more great Hubbers.  :-)

http://calicostark.hubpages.com/

1. calico Stark profile image60
        calico Starkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Seek!  I am honored to even be mentioned by such a talented writer such as yourself.  You have greatly blessed me today!

3. Seek-n-Find profile image71

Here are some more!  If I didn't mention you (yet) doesn't mean I don't appreciate you.  There are so many- I can only recognize a few at a time!!!

A newer Hubber I'd like to mention is Joshuadr.  He has a great sense of humor yet really hits the nail on the head.  He has a way to keep the reader interested!

Lifegate is another great hubber.  He is honest and is a faithful reader who leaves encouraging comments.  His writing is genuine.

DaveMathews tells it like it is, as he has a passion for truth, but does so in a way that is respectful.  He is an encourager and takes a lot of time to support fellow hubbers on a regular basis. 

LVidoni5 writes things that make you stop what you are doing and really get lost in his artistic and profound way of communicating his experiences.  His work has moved me to tears.

Kristinekv has gone out of her way to be a supportive fellow Hubber.  She's given me good feedback of how to improve my articles and has encouraged me in my writing.  She’s gone out of her way to help me in her area of expertise.  She is honest and has a big heart.  :-)

Vladimir Uhri writes from a place of wisdom, experience, and integrity.  His life story is amazing and he is a genuine lover of people. 

JinnyMarte became an instant friend.  She has such passion and a beautiful way of expressing it through art and words.  She is an encourager and one who perserveres.  She has touched me as a writer and as a friend!

Raciniwa has a gentleness about her that is soothing.  Her comments are always so genuine and heart-felt.  She is one with a great heart. 

Jenubouka speaks her mind with style.  She has a great sense of humor and always has something interesting to add to a discussion.

Mickysr has a wealth of knowledge.  His hubs engage me until the very end.  He is clever and witty, too.

1. LVidoni5 profile image79
        LVidoni5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seek you are simply awesome. Thanks so much for mentioning me, I really appreciate the kind words. This is a great forum idea!

You are welcome!  Remember to come back and pay if forward with some of your favorites when you get a chance.  :-)

4. barbergirl28 profile image83
      barbergirl28posted 12 years agoin reply to this

When it comes to paying it forward, I can't say how great an idea this is. I have to say, I usually stay out of the forums but I found this from Terry27.
      So naturally, I need to Pay It Forward as well. My personal favorite is RealHousewife!
      realhousewife.hubpages.com
      She is overall a great person... I know this because I actually got a chance to meet up with her even though we live thousands of miles away. She is who she is online. She keeps it real, just like she says. I have never met someone who is so considerate and caring and supportive. I truly can't even tell anybody how truly glad I am to have met her here on Hubpages.

1. RealHousewife profile image68
        RealHousewifeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you barbergirl28! You are way too nice:) lol  I am so glad we did get a chance to meet up in Vegas - so much fun and I have got to pay it forward right back to you!  I don't know if I would still be on hub if you had not helped me:)  It is truly my honor and privilege to have you for my friend soldier:) lol

2. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Another hubbber? Multiples for me. lolo! I would say being here on HP for 4 years has been a journey. I have made many new friends. Kimberlyslyrics is one of them. At the beginning she was everyhwere and her powerful energy made me care for her even more. I have spoke to her on the phone and she is a joy.

must65gt both he and his wife have also became close friends of mine through HP along with Rolly A. Chabot. He has published 3 delightful books!

<snipped - no promotional links in the forums> 

I am so proud of him! So many I admire and I can't list them all, but each one them are a blessing to me. All 2k of them! smile

3. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 12 years ago

Good idea! There are too many Hubbers here whom I admire. But can't do a Hub as of now as I need to do the clean up act of my Hubs first and make some drastic changes.

4. tarajeyaram profile image57
    tarajeyaramposted 12 years ago

I am supposed to be sleeping too.  This is a wonderful idea.  I look forward to reading them.  I would like to post as well but I have little time.  However, if I do find time, I might participate.

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

Cogerson posts phenomenal hubs about movie artists:

http://cogerson.hubpages.com/

Steve Lensman  publishes beautiful hubs about movies with photographs he takes himself from the movies off his own screens at home:

http://stevelensman.hubpages.com/

Great!  Thanks for participating and remember to let them know you mentioned them so they can come back and "pay it forward" by mentioning some of their favorite hubbers.  :-)

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
        FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

okay!

6. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 12 years ago

Thepracticlemommie always brings good information to hubpages and a positive point of view.  Some hubbers I brace for when I click on them even though I enjoy them. With her, I know the experience is going to be pleasant.

That is a good sign.  :-)  I have a feeling I'm going to find more wonderful Hubbers to follow through this.

7. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 12 years ago

Where to begin and end?  MikeQ107 for his unfailing support, Nell Rose for her great hubs, thejeffriestube for all his information, diogenes for his sense of humor, fpherj48 for her sense of humor and support, jami l. pereira for her great poems, Vinaya Ghimire for his earnestness, Ghaelach for his dedication, kenneth avery for his great hubs and generous praise....how do I stop?  There are so many I dont want to leave out like sky9106, weestro, WD Curry 111, PDX Karaoke Guy...I could go on and on but hope someone else will pick up the ball. I also hope those I haven't mentioned will not be offended but will know they are always in my heart.

8. frugalfamily profile image71
    frugalfamilyposted 12 years ago

Seek-n-find is a fantastic hubber who likes to keep things positive!  She's a natural writer and you can actually learn from her hubs!big_smile

1. profile image0
      Georgiannposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agree on all counts!

2. Terry27 profile image76
      Terry27posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, Seek-n-Find put this amazing forum together. smile

9. profile image0
    Georgiannposted 12 years ago

I am (fairly) new to HubPages and have not read as many articles as I would like to, but one of my main priorities in life is staying positive and bringing positivity to others.  I love your idea to pay it forward and keep it positive, and it will also coax me into reading more fellow Hubbers. Good job!!!

10. calico Stark profile image60
    calico Starkposted 12 years ago

I would like to pay it forward with recommending Faithful Daughter! She is a courageous woman of faith.  She is not afraid to speak up about issues she is passionate about.  She has always taken the time to help me, being I am still a newbie! Her comments are very honest and encouraging, I know if she reads my work she is going to tell me like it is and I appreciate such candor. You can find her at faithfuldaughter.hubpages.com

1. calico Stark profile image60
      calico Starkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

See I told ya I was a newbie. I do not know how to create her link here...help me Faithful! LOL!

1. Faithful Daughter profile image78
        Faithful Daughterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Calico, you are so sweet. I am so blesses to have met you here in HubPages. I did not know you had written about me until I received your message. The link you wanted to post is http://faithfuldaughter.hubpages.com/

Thank you for nominating me. If there is anyone I like to nominate is you. You are sincere, patient, and loving. Someone who is not afraid to be transparent, and I admire that in you. Anytime you need help, you know where to find me.

11. Steve Lensman profile image62
    Steve Lensmanposted 12 years ago

Thank you Flora, if there isn't a limit to how many I can choose I'll recommend the following excellent hubbers -

http://cogerson.hubpages.com/

http://robwrite.hubpages.com/

http://jools99.hubpages.com/

http://vmartinezwilson.hubpages.com/

12. Terry27 profile image76
    Terry27posted 12 years ago

First of all, I want thank Seek-n-Find for putting this amazing forum together.

There are five Hubbers that I feel are important contributors in "paying it forward."

Vinaya Ghimire writes beautiful hubs complemented with beautiful photos. His comments are positive and inspiring.

Phyllis Doyle is another amazing writer. Her piece entitled "Lantern Carriers Spread Light and Love" was absolutely incredible. 

barbergirld28 is an amazing writer. She has a lot of amazing hubs on a variety of topics. I greatly appreciate her positive support.

Lucky Cats is an animal lover, in particular cats. Her love and compassion for these amazing animals is shown in her writing. I am moved to tears by her love for these wonderful spiritual teachers.

everydaymedium is a wonderful writer. There is a lot of wisdom and insights in her writing.

1. barbergirl28 profile image83
      barbergirl28posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Terry... I appreciate the shout out smile

1. radhapriestess profile image39
        radhapriestessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would also recommend Vinaya Ghimire. As a trained journalist and former program director and music director of a public radio station, I have gained knowledge of journalistic abilties.  Not only does he take great pictures, he researches well and writes well, too. With some money he could get published and have success.  He is good enough to work for National Geographic, in my opinion.

Wow!  I'll have to check him out--I've heard him mentioned a few times now.  Thanks for sharing.  :-)

I recommended Vinaya on my post. He is a great storyteller as well.

You are welcome barbergirl. I wanted to showcase your talent.

2. Lucky Cats profile image81
      Lucky Catsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am very humbled and  honored to be on Terry27's list of notable writers.  It is with a great sense of appreciation that I find my efforts here on HP's worthy to be mentioned among such an incredible number of excellent writers.  Indeed, my love for animals is great, and my desire to share this and instill appreciation for our animal companions in others is a huge part of what my life is all about.  I wish to thank Terry27 for his recognition of this and for telling others.

Further, I want to add several writers whom I believe are exceptional and great to read. 

Marcoujor; a woman; professional nurse, who shares an amazing empathy and depth in her offerings on HP's.  Marcoujor writes with love and understanding. 

AA Zavala is as creative as he is vulnerable and this shows through brilliantly in his creative writing.  Sensitive as well as having a wonderful sense of humor and irony, AAZ is a delight to read. 

Eiddwen, from across the world from me, always delights as well as excites as she shares thought provoking and very personal articles of her insights and experiences.  A loving soul, Eiddwen is a treasure.

Saddlerider is our modern day star!  His absolutely astounding talent in verse as well as content is stellar. This man will become an important and required part of the educational system in years, decades and generations to come.  Reading his work is like taking a step back in time to share company with the great writers of all time.

There are so many more...this is the tip of the iceburg.  I thank Terry for his inclusion of my work here on "Pay it Forward."

13. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

Too many to mention. Some of the first who welcomed and helped and encouraged me were: JS Matthews, JT Walters, Sunshine625, the jeffriestube, and Epigramman. I think I met saddlerider and Lord de Cross early on, too, and so many more. I've met so many great friends here that it's hard for me to remember who were the first ones for sure. But that's a few of them there. There are really too many to mention, but hopefully we'll keep mentioning and they'll all get mentioned. haha

14. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

Yes, and check out Vinaya. I see he was mentioned. He's a good one!

15. Seek-n-Find profile image71
    Seek-n-Findposted 12 years ago

I also want to celebrate Joanne Goldsmith.  What a sincere and tender heart she has.  She is so very encouraging and it does not appear there is a judgmental bone in her body.  Whether she agrees or disagrees with an idea, she will show love and respect to each person.  :-)

http://jogoldsmith11.hubpages.com/

16. angela p profile image69
    angela pposted 12 years ago

I have so many that I like but wanted to mention a few off the top of my head.  wordscribe43, ardie, angelablair, Cagsil, Cardisa, Esmeowl12, kenneth avery are all great writers that I admire.  I am so impressed with the writers here on hubpages.

17. calico Stark profile image60
    calico Starkposted 12 years ago

Thank you Faithfuldaughter! I feel I am in excellent company here! So many transparent writers that share with the world such beauty in type. What a refreshing place to be!

18. BakingBread-101 profile image60
    BakingBread-101posted 12 years ago

I would like to say I really appreciated the support from Realhouswife who I did email and thank.  I was so frustrated trying to write my first hub and actually get it published.  She said, "I can't wait to see it." And that spurred me on.  I've now written two hubs -- don't ask when there will be a third, because I won't have an answer!

Marissa was also extremely helpful to me.  I was trying to move my website from its previous host and I'm not the most technologically advanced person -- a dinosaur really -- and I didn't understand that this is more like a blog of writings when I started.  She got me headed in the right direction and for that I give accolades!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)