Palin will not Debate?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (76 posts)
  1. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

Debate is open to officaly declared candidates, and also to those thinking about it?  So why not debate then?

You have to have good knowledge of real issues and an offical position concerning, as well as Ideas to Debate openly on.

She is offering her opinion all over the Country, so why not debate it?

your thouhts and opinions would be interesting if you folks care to discuss.  Would like to read them.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Debate requires a little bit of intelligence, which I don't think she is up for. Not to mention, if she isn't having her lines fed to her, then I don't think she could carry a serious conversation, over a broad range of topics. lol

dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree here, I think she is very much an adolescent in her mind set.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

She's got two hands to write what to say on smile

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even with two hands including both sides, I still don't think she could handle it. lol

Crib notes on the Civil War and Paul Revier would be obvious I guess!!!!!!

4. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 12 years ago

I don't think she has any intention of running so why should she take up space at the debate? She's doing what she likes and as long as people go out to see her she'll continue. I don't understand why everyone (the left) is so obsessed with her. She will most likely just campaign for whoever the nominee ends up being, and they'll be happy to have her because she brings a certain number of votes along with her support.

She is disrupting the G.O.P. serious candidates though, and that is what the Good Ol Tea Baggers are counting on I think.

1. TMMason profile image60
        TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What serious canadates... the Progressives fox and the RNC would like us to vote for. huh What a joke. There will be no Progressive on the ticket this year. Americans have seen the game played by the liberal democrat and Progressives over the last 100 years.

We are taking our Party back from the Progressives and they can re-join their Leftists brethren in the democrat party. Will will return to the days of the radical republicans and to hell with Teddy and woodrow and all the infiltrators.

1. KK Trainor profile image60
          KK Trainorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Like McCain? While I would obviously prefer him to Obama, I don't like all that mushy compromise stuff. Take a stand and stand by it!

I seriously think Palin is moving to Arizona so that she can run to replace him when he retires, and he will endorse her. That is her only path to the White House as far as I can see.

2. profile image0
          Texasbetaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Only guys who believe that people like McCarthy were great Americans would believe that the psychos we have on the Republican ticket are not conservative enough. He is waiting for Darth Vadar.

2. KK Trainor profile image60

I don't know how she's disrupting them. They're all grown-ups and can prove themselves in the debates. And I don't think the Tea Party is trying to ruin the candidates because whoever is the nominee they will end up supporting. I really don't think it will be Bachmann, and I pray it isn't. She's an idiot.

As I said we, Consevatives, need top take our Party back. It has been to long since a real conservative was leading us.

Why? Because the media makes jokes of them. Would you want to espouse your political beliefs and me ridiculed and mocked because the media considered you a bigot and a neanderthal? Not many have the stomach for it, and even Fox pays no attention to the more conservative candidates. So where do they go for attention? Only the debates I guess.

2. profile image0

RRRREEEAAALLLY? Your party has gone too liberal? WOW! I guess you are right...they actually talk to the poor people before they spit in their faces huh? How liberal! Want to bring back segregation do ya?

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bachmann is nauseating.

Palin is playing the game. She will end up hurting the efforts of the GOP.

Hey Rebekah, just for haha's let me know which politician isn't nauseating? lol lol

2. TMMason profile image60
      TMMasonposted 12 years ago

She is not running so why debate. i told you all she is doing exactly what she wants and the Left is falling for it. She is no more than the distraction.

They are obsessed are they not? Funny to watch.

If it is her plan, she is plahying them like the fools they are. And I posted some interesting stuff in palins emails for you. A very telling executive order. and it is fubnny the media screamed till bush released all his docs.

2. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, this thread is funny to watch. lol

elaborate Earnest, please? Would value the opinion for real, no joke.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60

TM, I think she is a planted distraction for the Tea folks, until the Honerable Michelle says ok, enough of that, it helped.

Not sure but she has no place, just a feeling on my part, but an un-proven one as yet.

Myself Dutch i believe she is a Progressive plant... she did not get the governorship of Alaska from the Progressive hands for nothing.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Nothing would make me happier than for the media to completely ignore Palin...

agree, that would be nice to see. Palin = white space

Hey Dutchman, Palin = White Space? No, more like White Noise! lol

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She's a distraction.

"Hey, let's all look at this dumb idiots e-mails... what's that? 5 undeclared wars? Who cares! Palin is just too much fun!"

Exactly... and she is doing just what she wants to, evan. Distracting the Leftist.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60

I wish I could go on a vacation using PAC money

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
              Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Start a PAC?

2. profile image0

They are the same as people like Oral Roberts. They usher in funds from scared, ignorant old people, and then go on vacation with it. PAC have no rules. They appeal to the lowest common denominator.

4. KK Trainor profile image60
      KK Trainorposted 12 years ago

Oh Dang it! Michelle is running... better get some earplugs.

5. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Just finished sticking my finger down my throat after watching the debate.
      Gawd, what a horror show.
      I have to give it to Evan G. Rogers. He's been saying for months (if not years) that Ron Paul is the one to watch. In my mind, he was the only one up there who stood out and made sense. He's a class act!!

With Michelle B semi-officially in the race, I don't think Palin will run. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if she wants the Veep slot again. Although the idea of moving to Arizona (where, "coincidentally" Bristol bought a house!) makes a lot of sense, too.

Arizona will ahve a few seats open this year, Kyl, McCain, anb I would think Giffords house seat will go up at some point.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
          Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Probably so, TMMason.
          I saw a picture of Ms. Giffords on the news tonight.
          She looks like a completely different woman.
          God bless her.

But aside from starting and ending with the letter "a" like Alaska, wouldn't Arizona be something of a shock for Sarah Palin? Oh wait -- are there grizzlies in the Grand Canyon???

Yes, Giffords looks good. And those pics were before her skull was replaced, so she probably looks even better now.

I am pretty sure Palin's plan is to replace McCain. He would endorse her when he's ready to retire, which may be soon. She already bought a house there, separate from the one Bristol bought. That's my prediction at least.

RON PAUL!!!

The only one in the debate who didn't resort to simply insulting Obama, who didn't resort to mindless rhetoric, who didn't have to preface everything with "that was taken out of context", and who answered each question with a consistent political philosophy.

I especially loved his response to "should we listen to our generals"

Here's a quote from an article:

http://www.uncoveredpolitics.com/2011/0 … ue-moment/

Pure, unbridled Awesomeness.

1. lovemychris profile image77
          lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Soooo, wouldn't that make him "The Decider"? Kind of like a King?

And what makes you think the Generals and the Pentagon would let him do what he wants?

Lot of money in  them thar profiteering hills....

Ron Paul has never voted against his ideology.

20 years of no-flip-flopping is good enough evidence for me!

2. Jeff Berndt profile image73
          Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like Paul's answer, but find it hilarious that the article called it "Reaganesque." Reagan sent our troops running all over the globe, and attacked Libya, if you remember.

Oh, yeah.

No one in the media seems to understand that Paul is a libertarian.

Oh well. He's "unelectable" because the people in the media are stupid.

1. profile image0

Paul has many admirable qualities. I appreciate his honesty. What's his take on supply side economics?

6. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

I just need to point out one thing!!

Obama is not debating anyone! He is also RUNNING for office. 

If anyone should answer to the people's questions, this is the guy!

BTW:  Where is Obama's Senatorial Emails?  Seriously, where are they?

Here they are... lolllllll

On January 21st, 2009, his very first day in office, Barack Obama implemented and signed into law Executive Order 13489. The Executive Order that states that only the records he chooses to be made public will be released?

This is the subject that was at the absolute top of his agenda?

He has completely hidden his past. The Obama records which have not been released include;

• Passport records

• Obama kindergarten records

• Punahou School records

• Occidental College records

• Columbia University records

• Columbia thesis

• Harvard Law School records

• Harvard Law Review articles

• University of Chicago scholarly articles

• Illinois State Bar Association records

• Illinois State Senate records/schedules(said to be lost)

• Medical records

• Obama/Dunham marriage license

• Obama/Dunham divorce documents

• Soetoro/Dunham marriage license

• Adoption records

• Birth Certificate

So far, no one really knows who this person who calls himself Obama really is.

Anyone see a problem with this?

1. profile image0

This is moronic and brings shame to my country. Sir, you acting like a 10 yr old in this way is ridiculous. The birth certificate? Grow up! You don't have the right to see his college records. It is pathetic.

But!  The dems had a right to read through Governor Palin's e-mails?

Hypocrisy, just a tad don't ya think?

2. profile image0

The people's questions? Where exact.y are the people's questions being answered? I watched that debate...and nothing at all was learned.

The OP asked why Palin will not debate.  Why should she?  Sarah Palin has made no mention of a 2012 run so exactly why should she enter in to a debate at all?

Not really an issue since the Obama administration is self destructing.  "guess those shovel ready jobs were nat as ready as we thought"

Almost 1 trillion dollars and the jobs were not ready. That is not funny and that chuckle will cost Barry dearly.  Do not believe me, time will tell.

7. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Dave_von_Ebers"

"Business as usual: GOP candidates – who think government should stay out of the economy – complain that Obama hasn’t created jobs."

Funny manson---

I don't remember seeing any of those from Bush either.
      Or Clinton.
      Or Bush.
      Or Reagan.
      Or Carter.
      Or anynumberofpresidentswhohavegonebefore

Is this a special Obama thing?

And his governing pretty much answers the questions for me.
      ElBushbo never debated did he?
      Just pre-selected town hall get-togethers.

Transparency, the most open admin in history, remember that?

Hypocrites, is what the left is.

1. lovemychris profile image77
          lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry---he needs to be transparent in politics, not his personal life.

You have 0 respect for the 4th amendment..as has been shown with your anti-abortions stance.

But you p*ss and moan about the 2nd.

Presidents aren't property...
          His policy decisions are fair game...private life, no.

Just go online and google President Bush's transcripts and you'll get them all. Try that with Obama. Don't you even wonder why? If not, then you should.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image73
              Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah, suspicion = guilt, but only if you're suspicious of a liberal.

2. TMMason profile image60

Regardless of what the Supreme Court says, there is no Right to Abortion. OMG. And another thing is even if there were, it does not negate the right of the fetus to LIFE, the first and most treasured of our RIGHTS.

See how that works? Your Rights do not get to intrude on, or harm another.

It is a simpe concept that the Left ignores.

1. John Holden profile image61
              John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So you're saying that a foetus has more right to life than a mother has?

Most pregnancies do not end in death... so that is a red herring.

As far as those that do risk the life of the mother, then it is her and her husbands, or the fathers, choice. And I do mean the husband or father of the child choice also.

It is amazing that women throw away babies and the fathers can do nothing about it. He has as much Right to his child as the woman, and that needs to change.

If you do not want to get pregnant, then do not have sex, or use birth control. There is no excuse in this day and age to get pregnant when you do not want a child, the world is full of birth control.

And no one has the Right to commit murder.

There is more to life than death!
                  And like it or not there is passion and passion doesn't all ways look to the future.
                  And where does it say that you and I have the right to dictate what a woman does with her body?
                  I thought you conservatives were agin the heavy hand of government dictating what people should and shouldn't do

3. Evan G Rogers profile image60

It's amazing that you get "abortions are ok" from the 4th amendment.

amazing and disgusting...

8. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Because...Bush isn't Prez anymore, and it is irrelevant. Besides, how do you know that's all? Because "they" told you so? That's a good one!

9. lovemychris profile image77

Allright...the 2 of you tell me where in the Constitution it says you have the right to force me to give birth against my will.
      Where does it give you the right to make decisions involving my private life...which is none of your business?

And where is my right to privacy? Gone, as soon as I have sex?

"show me where in the constitution it says that"

IT DOESN'T!!! That's the point!!!

It's not a constitutional matter!!!

It's a state issue!!

2. KK Trainor profile image60

Even so, if you don't want to be 'forced to give birth against your will', then use some protection and don't get pregnant. Who doesn't know that? Maybe school children who are having sex at the age of 12, but you know better, as do most of those having abortions.

It's disgusting to use a medical procedure to reverse a 'condition' that you could have avoided by using your brain.

No form of contraception is 100% effective.

10. lovemychris profile image77

"And no one has the Right to commit murder."

Then why do you own a gun?

Self defense. And that is not murder. There is a difference between killing and murder, ask a lawyer. You can kill someone and not be guilty of murder in the least, and then you can commit murder. Even the commandment specifies murder, not killing.

And your right to privacy is gone thanx to Obama... see the new FBI rules, and the Patriot act ole Joe Biden claims he wrote.

And the Constitution does not talk about Pregnancy... but it does protect the Right to Life, and that could be viewed as saying NO to abortion.

Simple huh?

11. RodEccles profile image72
      RodEcclesposted 12 years ago

The main point is this: you don't have a right to end a human life and sorry but the baby growing in your belly is a human life.  Now with that said, I am willing to "compromise" by going with medical science.  Medical Science says a person is dead when there is no brain activity...thus you are brain dead.  So with that, would it not be logical to conclude that if there is brain activity, then you are an alive human?  With that said, there is brain activity in a "fetus" within the end part of the first trimester.  So as for the Constitution, it says all humans (paraphrasing) have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.  Aborting a brain active child is murder and what do we do with murderers?  We deprive them of their rights by putting them in jail.  "nuff said.

Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy by the removal or expulsion of a foetus or embryo from the uterus before the fetus is viable.

And what about spontaneous abortion would you ban that too? If not, why not?

An enchoate fetus is of just as much value, and is alive, just as a fully formed fetus. Life begins at conception. As for the rest of your ?... C'mon.

Now I am out for a while. if you want to post a ? I will answer it later.

12. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

President Bush has quietly claimed the authority to disobey more than 750 laws enacted since he took office, asserting that he has the power to set aside any statute passed by Congress when it conflicts with his interpretation of the Constitution.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/artic … s_of_laws/

President Obama Releases Birth Certificate to End Birther 'Silliness'

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-bi … d=13467977

TM. do you have the same problem with Bush's signing statements? I can see how you would have a problem keeping some information private and not have a problem with a president placing himself above the law. Must be some of that medicine and the loopiness you mentioned at work here, huh?

You mentioned Obama's birth certificate, it appears you need to update what ever you are copying and pasting from.

I also feel there is a difference in not releasing records and delibrately changing official government forms, ie Bush's service record and those he served with while awol from the Guard.

I told you Bush and his ilk are the treaonous Progressives, Stump. That should speak for itself. I keep explaining to all, there are Socialists, Liberals, Democrats, Progressives, Conservatives, and Libertarians. I am a Conservative.

And those Nat guard Records you mention were shown to be forged. Whats his face looked like an idiot and lost his respectability and credibility for his actins in propagating them. It appears you need an update.

And I don't care about his BC... but it was in his executive order, therefore I mentioned it.

Signing statements and line-item vetoes are a testament to tyranny in our government.

Just a reminder for those who have forgotten how our federal government was set up:

Article 1 Section 1: "All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives."

Thus legislation from the Supreme Court is illegal, and so is legislation from the Executive branch.

Well said!

13. aware profile image66
      awareposted 12 years ago

Piper Palin  2020.
      i think debates this early are white noise , wasted money,and to soon.
      ray

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)