jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)

Relationship

1. profile image0
    Quietest Momentsposted 7 years ago

All he could say was, "I think at this point - it is just easier to say - you are right - period ~ in each and every thought and wonder you have regarding me ~ i see no point in disagreement or discord at this point".What is he really saying?

1. tobey100 profile image62
      tobey100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sounds to me like he's saying it ain't worth arguing about.  Maybe?  My wife gets mad at me cause I won't argue.  she always claims I give in to easy.  Most thing just aren't worth the fight in a relationship.  Life's too short to worry about whether the clothes hit the hamper or not.

1. profile image0
        Quietest Momentsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wish it was something as simple as a hamper toss Tobey.  He is a man I been in a relationship for a year, each time I share my feelings with wanting to take it to another level, he backs off, this was after the 4th time my asking, this time not hearing from him from 2 weeks forced me to tell him how I feel about it and that I think it best for me to move on and wished him the best. I guess I am not worth fighting for, is how it leaves me feeling.

1. tobey100 profile image62
          tobey100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hate to agree with you but you may be right.  Speaking from a male perspective many times what people refer to as fear of commitment is nothing more that 'using' in disguise.  You definitely sound like the one worth fighting for.  He sounds like the one you set out for the garbage collector.  It may sound weird coming from a member of the male persuasion but I don't understand this type of guy.  Emotional children might be a good description.

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He is gently saying that apparently he sees you as aggressive and have to be right all the time and he is no longer going to argue or debate, what you have to say, because he feels it doesn't matter to you, regardless of what he says or does. In his eyes, according to you, you don't regard what he has to say has any value.

Just a thought. hmm

1. profile image0

Maybe..Cagsil.. but is it not a poor defense with regards to ones actions to  surrender by saying -your right-. Is that really constructive arguing-debate?

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image85
      Mikel G Robertsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He doesn't matter. It is over.(in his opinion)

2. myownworld profile image82
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

I may have failed at many things in my life, but there's one thing I've been very lucky with and it's my relationship with men, not necessarily romantic ones... (Now married and settled down of course!).... But I learnt early that most men don't enjoy long drawn arguments ('nagging' in their eyes) and often their ways of responding to a situation is very different from women. It's not that they don't care...they just express their emotions differently.

If you really care about this man....don't waste your energy arguing...give him space...and just gently let him know you're there for him. If he really loves you, he'll come back himself. smile

1. profile image0

I agree with you on that myownworld, but there was no arguing, it was a request made 4 times in a year, each time he backing away, I letting it be then, thinking, ok, I will try again another day. I guess if after a year he does not want to move ahead, he may never want to. So it is probably best I do move on.

1. rebekahELLE profile image93
        rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

let him be... if after a year he has made no mention of a deeper commitment, something is holding him back. although it hurts for you, I would do as you have and go on with your life. if he truly loves you, he will be back. if not, you know and can move ahead.

isn't there some saying, love for a moment, for a season, for a lifetime, take it as it is?

1. profile image0

I agree with you Reb, as to what I should and only can do at this point. Life is way to short to play tag in this way.. ty 4 your comment.

3. confused barbie profile image60
    confused barbieposted 7 years ago

Maybe my new hub The laws of loving can help or my hub the love game??

1. profile image0

Ty Barbie - I will definetly check out your hub.

1. profile image0
        IĆ°unnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, it was a really great article when I read it the first time also in The Independent a couple of weeks ago.

And both Hubbers Kathryn Vercillo and BlondePoet did a fantastic job discussing relationships in their prior Hubs you have joined together and called "the confusing love game".

4. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

It's his plea for mercy!smile

1. profile image0

lmao Sneak.. mercy?.. I don't think I am that bad that he needs mercy.. too cute.. but ty.

5. donotfear profile image89
    donotfearposted 7 years ago

Wow, I wish spousey would come up with an articulate statement like that during a disagreement!!! Instead, he either storms out of the house or leaves the room. He's even told me to shut up. Then I call him a jerk..then he says..shutup...then I say ..no..then he.......

1. profile image0

roflmao.. oh my Dono... ahhhhhhhh memories... thanks for the reminder.

6. blondepoet profile image78
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

I thought women were fine print and men were headliners, wow that statement is profoundly deep. I am so glad there were many men here to interpret that.

working