jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Why wasn't I enough

1. 61
    holdmyheart_13posted 6 years ago

When a women's intuition sets in, and the untold reality hits you, what do you do? So I broke it off being inside I really knew....but, months later, a new relationship has found its way to my doorstep, and now the past comes back to tell me he really did cheat. So, my new love is clouded by my reawakened past heartache....how do you get over that?

1. beautyrose profile image61
      beautyroseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its really confusing but you just have to weigh out whose is the closest to your heart and who you love most. choose the one who will love you and will stay with you till you grow old.

2. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You were enough! Some people especially men have a tendency to not want to deal with the complexities of a relationship. Just don't give your heart away too fast and don't let lonly drive you into the arms of another self-serving twit!smile

2. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Happens all the time. (sorry to be blunt)

Move on.... clinging on to the past stops you from moving on to better things in the Future. smile

3. starme77 profile image85
    starme77posted 6 years ago

I Agree with Lady_E

4. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

If you care about your present relationship you won't let what someone else did in the past cloud it.  If you do, you could run the risk of creating a self-fulfilling prophecy by acting as if clouds are there when they aren't.  I think you should ask yourself what you get, if anything, emotionally out of seeing yourself as "wounded" rather than just writing off the previous person as "jerk" and moving on.

5. brianzen profile image60
    brianzenposted 6 years ago

What preceded the affair?

6. sabre227 profile image68
    sabre227posted 6 years ago

It is natural that you would ask yourself why you were not enough. I know first hand, my ex left me for her crack smoking buddy, but one thing that you have to realize is that it is not your fault you were cheated on. I know talk is real cheap, and some things are easier said then done, but in order for you to move on, you must not blame yourself.

7. cindyvine profile image85
    cindyvineposted 6 years ago

It's not always you weren't enough, sometimes we're too good and make the other person feel inadequate.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And......... Sometimes we're not lol

8. Nik Aberle profile image61
    Nik Aberleposted 6 years ago

Totally agree with Lady_E, only thing the past can do is teach you how to live in the future, but you can't dwell on it. Humans are meant to make mistakes because we have to learn somehow, but you can't let those mistakes drag you down.

9. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 6 years ago

I Agree with Lady_E. Remember everyone is different.

10. Inspiration101 profile image72
    Inspiration101posted 6 years ago

No matter what you believe or what he tells you, the cheating was never about you. But like everyone is saying, move on. It's not up to you to figure out what his problem was.

11. donotfear profile image89
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

This certainly is difficult, isn't it? The past always creeps into our present life to remind us. There's no quick fix for 'letting it go'. We don't come equipped with an ON/OFF button to push when we want to stop feeling a certain emotion or feeling. When it hurts, it hurts. Time gives us a chance to heal. But remembering can be used as learning. Compare the 'intuition feelings' of before to what you get from this relationship.  Warning signs are predictors of disaster. You are wise to follow your gut instinct.