Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? If so, who goes where?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)
  1. nmdonders profile image72
    nmdondersposted 11 years ago

I was taught that going to Heaven or Hell depended on your morals and how you were as a person.  I'm just curious what happens to infants or disabled people that are not able to control their actions.

1. Grandys profile image61
      Grandysposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They go to heaven. God is beneficial. :-)

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago
  3. Paul K Francis profile image85
    Paul K Francisposted 11 years ago

I do not believe in hell but I realize that it is a part of many people's faith, so I let it be. But the idea of a child going to any negative place absolutely appalls me, and rest assured my friend, it's only paridise, or better, for them.
    Have a great day.

4. Rhonda D Johnson profile image61
    Rhonda D Johnsonposted 11 years ago

In certain African religions everyone goes to the same place.  The catch is you will find yourself surrounded by people who are just like you.  If you are selfish, you will be surrounded by selfish people.  If loving, then loving people will surround you.  To some extent, that's the way life is even before you die.

5. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

If the Kingdom of heaven is within, then there is no such external place where the spirits of the dead go to wait resurrection or to exist. Likewise, there is no such place as Hell//Sheol//Hades as the record says both death AND Hell have been swallowed up//destroyed//removed by accomplishment over the grave, fulfilling the Passover. The doctrines have been instructed incorrectly and therefore millions have been instructed incorrectly and believed in vain.

My sincerest apologies to those who learned this concept, as I taught this lie to thousands because I too was blinded by my own reason and ego, at the time.

James

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi James. I'm interested in what you think has happened to all the people who have passed away. I know you think we were designed not to die, so where are the ones who have; in your opinion? Not completely gone, are they?

1. jacharless profile image75
        jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are going to have be Hub-lynched, Emile. lol
        On rare -if any occasion do I ever emotionalize my posts...

Of all text read, including Hebrew, Hebrew-Gentile (christian letters), Vedas, Cuneiform, Philosophies the many, Scientific, etc have not found any support for a 2nd resurrection, nor validity of re-incarnation. If any points to fact, Moshaich makes the claim:
        A. the KOH is in you, which is the Seed of Immortality, which is grown and manifest by the Father {Spirit} because the person lets go of ego, else  B. one is dead already, even though they breath for a short time.

It is quite emphatic and almost shivering to read or even think about.

My experience with this is somewhat personal, having 'witnessed' with my own eyes the power of complete restoration, physically and mentally, by an individual quite close to me, only to see her once more die in that same physic and mental way.

I can only conclude, based on the text, and experience, that yes, those who are gone are gone. And when I tell you I do not like it one bit, believe it thoroughly and unequivocally. Even at this very instance it pains me to discuss it. The very thought of them being no more, yet having every such opportunity to be more... No religion, soothing words, sweet songs nor science or shoulder, in all the world combined, can quench that feeling in me...

Each spirit void of a temple, a clay pot, whatever, is absorbed back from where it came -the Spirit.
        There are many would-be ideas floating about afterlife and such, but none have valid proof or even valid explanation. Knowing the Hebrew text well enough, I know there is no mention of an afterlife -aka heaven- where dear sweet grandma stares down upon us for all eternity, sending angels or assistance until more die and are recycled to do the same generation after generation, forever. The other concepts come from a variety of intertwined pagan beliefs, which too have no validity. The idea of a second resurrection comes because there is a mention of a first resurrection and therefore people assume, without validity, there will be a second. But, you know these stories too well -stories of war with angels and demons, battles between entities eternally old, rapture, etc. None of which are true in their respective expressions.

In my most honest, experiential, humble opinion, those dead are just that, dead.
        Those alive can become spiritual-physical immortal and live Life forever.
        There is no in-between.

James.

1. profile image0

Now that is intriguing. I've come to accept that the only thing that makes sense is absorption back into the  whole; with the elements that make up our consciousness moving into other roles within the fabric of reality. It's the only way I can envision an eternal existence working and functioning side by side with the reality we observe; without  the eventual accompanying boredom an eternal existence could create

That being said. I have always enjoyed your posts; but saw them as another pie in the sky and unworkable theory. I'm not so sure that I do anymore. I've always assumed there would be a change once we learned enough about this reality to have a thorough understanding of what makes us so unique. I suppose your theory isn't really so far fetched. Although I'm not sure how that might work out in the long run. I would think, at some point it would be time to move on.

Well, I agree the dead have their spirit absorbed by the Ineffable once more. Included with that is the body absorbed into the physic elements, which contains the brain where said light frequencies, defined as consciousness operate. Am not certain I established my position on consciousness being limited to the brain area, but that is how it makes most sense, to me. And consider this: eternity need not be endless boredom, nor white robed "kumbaya".

Hmm. Mind if I ask what it is you are considering that makes it more workable? Right. My explanation of this is often the restoration from amnesia. At which point the Twins are reunified, and correctly expressed. This completely frees humans from necessity to Reason and to experience the essence of Free Will. And that moving on is into the stasis of immortality, ineffable joy, etc. I also do think there is more to this human location for said immortals. As if this was the first of many places man would be placed, as an immortal. Many worlds to explore, to govern, etc. Seems that plan was delayed a bit...

I once watched a film called Contact, with the lovely Jodie Foster. {between she, Helen Hunt and Kate Hudson, am often at a loss for words...lol} Anyway. In the film, humans are given a communication device, by others who had stumbled upon it. A time portal to traverse the farthest reaches of the universe. I would liken immortality for man the same. Traveling between infinite worlds within this universe.

James.

1. profile image0

I probably think it is more workable because I assume if you think the spiritual element is currently reabsorbed, just as the physical element is; there is a good chance you followed a similar path to that conclusion. Which means, if our observations and experiences have led each of us to that same conclusion there is a greater probability that, were I presented with the information that has led you to the next conclusion; I would understand the reasoning and likely agree.

I think, you are correct. Many are considering, contemplating and even aligned with this particular line of thinking. Am certainly not the first nor last.   As for information, have been compiling a philosophical paper -or book rather- which outlines and details. But, much of it, I prefer, is better as a human-human discussion. On that note, am more than open to such a discussion, if those who are, or even genuinely curious, are truly interested in a very thick and lengthy discussion.

By the way, thank you --and I'll leave the gratitude at that. smile

James.

1. profile image0

I'm afraid a discussion  on a subject that fascinating would never be able to happen on this site. Too many parties appear to have a vested interested in thwarting any attempts.

6. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

If there is no Hell then Jesus would be wasting his time judging souls on judgement day.  There would be no point in having The Book of Life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Life

1. tussin profile image56
      tussinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Because such a book surely exists.  Your answer is most logical.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)