Is it Ignorance or Religion That Causes War?

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (110 posts)
  1. kaloomba profile image69
    kaloombaposted 14 years ago

Too often I see that people want to blame religion alone for causing wars. However, I believe that ignorance and a lack of education or knowledge is behind everything from poverty and jealousy, to crime and all-out war. What do you think?

1. yes2truth profile image60
      yes2truthposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Religion is only a part of it. Bankers cause wars and all the major conflicts from The French Revolution and the US war of independence unto this day have all been caused by them and financed by them.

Now you may say that that is a fanciful idea, but I will tell you that it's The Truth. Bankers always finance both sides in any conflict and that included WW1 and WW2.

They financed the Bolshevik Revolution, Hitler's Germany and they financed Russia at the time of the Vietnam War and all out of New York.

Bankers always make their biggest profits when the world is at war and the same banking dynasties are always involved.

2. Dgerrimea profile image60
      Dgerrimeaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree for the most part, and I would also say that religion itself is an example of an evil which stems from ignorance.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe, but I feel the lack of actual knowledge about how the majority of Christians behave leads to a tendency to overly critical of what and how we believe. Please check us out we encourage investigators but please be respectfull. Our services are all ways better when you're there.

3. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is there any difference really? The less educated people tend to be more religious...

1. ediggity profile image59
        ediggityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Got any proof to back this statement up?

1. Bibowen profile image88
          Bibowenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The fact is that believers in a Creator outnumber unbelievers on both sides; educated and ignorant. So, there are more uneducated believers than unbelievers, but there are also more educated Christians than there are educated unbelievers. Our natural sense is to believe that there is a Creator; the history of the world bears that out. As for unbelief, you have to be taught it to believe it; most people are not naturally atheists.

1. Dgerrimea profile image60

I have heard it said by many people who have generally proven themselves to be quite well researched that there seems to be a trend for the more educated to be less religious. I will see if I can find some of the studies these people refer to.
            Especially among scientists, with higher education the vast majority of people are atheist.

1. atomswifey profile image56
              atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Choosing knowledge over God was the first sin. Lusting after its power to become wiser than God Himself.
              Man thinking he knows more about creation than He who created them in it.

Not that we should not explore, should not be educated. But when we use that knowledge in an attempt to disprove Him, disprove His work, His Word, that is where one enters into "professing themselves so wise they became as fools."

kaloombaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very well put..

2. kaloomba profile image69

Interesting theory regarding 'religious' people but it is clearly just a stereotype... I know several highly educated 'religious' people who are also quite wealthy, so I agree, got any proof to back up your statement?

1. Misha profile image62

Thank you for proving my point for me - you just ignored my response to that request. lol

2. Margie01 profile image59
        Margie01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You just contradicted yourself; it is obvious you are not well educated based on this statement.  I am a very educated, business professional with a deep love and commitment to God.  What is it; exactly that you are trying to avoid?  Avoidance is not going to keep you from being held accountable when all is said and done for your actions.

1. Misha profile image62

Thanks for the giggles. For your education, above can be classified as a personal attack lol

Oh, and try to point out exactly how I did contradict myself. smile

3. profile image0
        Several Ninjasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree ,although the nature of mankind is usually not to blame him/her self me thinks smile

4. profile image59
        james hoyerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you dig deep into war you will find that greed, and over sized egos, are behind most wars.

4. Margie01 profile image59
      Margie01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you; it is not the belief that causes problems but the total ignorance of us as people is where our wars, arguments and disputes come from.

5. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you its ignorance which is the cause. smile

6. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is the on-going battle between good and evil that causes war.
      It's inevitable.   That's not "religion";  it's just simply the case.   Lack of education and ignorance has nothing to do with it, unless you mean ignorance of reality.

1. profile image0
        Ken R. Abellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brenda has got it exactly right.  If it is religion that causes war, then someone has to explain the 20th century.  Atheism reigned supreme in the world-views of communism & fascism, which were at the center of the wars that wreaked destruction & more death than all the "relgious" wars in history.

1. Make  Money profile image66
          Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, communist governments have killed just about 100 million people in the 20th century, mostly Christians.  Over 50 million died because of fascism in WWII, the last just war.  Some wars are truly a battle between good and evil.  But most wars should not even be fought.  A just war is in defense, not aggression.  A nation can avoid war if it's people amend there ways and ask God for protection through prayer.  Portugal is a good example of this when the Spanish civil war did not affect it.

1. profile image0

America is the great satan we are without any redeming qualities, just war mongers! Thats us allright! Scum of the earth!

7. paulhvv profile image61
      paulhvvposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't say wars are fought because of lack of education, knowledge and ignorance because the people that make the decision to go to war are mostly educated.I believe throughout the ages the learned have always been the warmongers.The latter for that matter fight among themselves. These are easily led.

Why wars? History it appears shows us that it is always about greed or need.
      What is religion but a set of rules followed by the unperfect. No wonder we get it wrong. Show me one person on earth that has never disobeyed a law or rule of man.
      Oh that we were all perfect.

Hence our natural nature takes place.Who is to blame? Us

8. profile image53
      Robert E. Bargerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The carnal natural of every man and woman born into the world is the reason that we have wars. The carnal nature was passed down to us through Adam in the garden caused by his disobeying Gods commandment not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The only way to be released from that carnal nature is to take on the nature of Christ. (Romans chapter 8, Ephesians chapter 4.

2. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

Oh, yes, I agree with you.  It isn't the religious beliefs themselves that are at fault.  I think it's what people do with their religion, and how they interpret their religious works, like the Bible, the Koran, the Eightfold Path, that ends up causing wars and other problems.  Whatever the religion is, the underlying purpose was good to begin with and got distorted by people along the way.

I also believe that the more enlightened we are, the more tolerant we are, the more truly loving and kind individuals we become.  But everyone is at a different place on the path to enlightenment.

I think this is another example of a naive approach to religion, as it is often the "fundamentalist fanatics" who are being true to the teachings for their respective religions. Often the "moderates" are the ones who distort religion the most.

2. kaloomba profile image69

Paradise.. I agree with you wholeheartedly. The more enlightened a person is the more tolerant, etc. they are.. 'Religion or religious' is just a blanket statement for some. Some may call me 'religious' but I consider myself an 'enlightened' Christian.

3. rhamson profile image71
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

I don't know if it is ignorance of religion causes war would be closer to the mark.  People seem to think we don't get their religion when they quote scripture or rail about dogma.  I think that if you really look at the differences we all have in our cultures and tolerance of other cultures you may find that misunderstandings and anger soon erupt over our acceptance of the practices and belief.

Marriage of young children to older men is reprehensible to us but a matter of everyday life to others.  Is it their religion that makes this possible or their culture?

I know that through some research of the Muslim faith many misconceptions come from people practicing fanatical cultural practices rather than more traditional teachings from the Quran.

4. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I think bad breath causes war.

1. profile image0

smile!

2. sannyasinman profile image60
      sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree entirely. Yes, and what causes bad breath? Garlic. And who eats the most garlic? The French, so its all their fault smile

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

And, I'm french....smile

1. sannyasinman profile image60
          sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, congratulations on being able to laugh at yourself! If we could all do more of that, there would be less fighting!

5. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I'd say that, while religion and/or ignorance often contribute, it isn't accurate to generalize.  For the most part, wars begin when someone is an aggressor, and someone else sees a need to defend himself or others.

Poverty can contribute to some people's inclination to start getting aggressive, but I don't think poverty, by itself, leads to war.  There's also such a thing a people who are "brilliant" and/or well educated who find themselves in poverty through no fault of their own.   

As far as education goes, there are times when it can serve to make people less prone to starting a war; but then again, when Hitler was looking for more information on eugenics he got that information from the prestigious Harvard University.

Other than the need to defend against aggressors; it is aggression and/or lack of respect for life and other human beings, that most often causes war.

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Power and greed normally. islama-nazis are a newer issue and seem to hell-bent on either making everyone a muslim or killing them! This religion has serious issues with the Jewish people as a whole and specifically Israel. The rank and file islamics are going to have to handle this and demonstrate they can be moderate or a religious war may be around the corner.

Hi Sneakorocksolid,

What you will find here is yet another Banking agenda for Muslims do not charge usury as we do in the west. This is a big thorn in Mr Rothschild's flesh so he wants control of all the Middle Eastern Islamic banks.

Muslims are therefore scapegoats. They were not involved in 9/11, nor were they involved in 7/7, nor Madrid.

1. profile image0

Hey Yes! Where did you read that?

Hmmm.. I take it that you, YesToTruth, think 9/11 was a gov't conspiracy or something?

I don't think it was, I know it was, as was 7/7 and Madrid.

7/7 was a Mossad job.

2. paulhvv profile image61
        paulhvvposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lets ask ourselves. Why do we do the things that we don't want to do? Are there perhaps two ways? Good and Evil. Clearly laws all state that murder is murder and each one will give account to human law and to Gods'.Are we being manipulated by powers beyond?

I fail to see what your comment has to do with my comment.

7. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

I don't believe it's either that is a primary cause of war. To blame religion is to express ignorance of what most religions really teach, and to blame ignorance is to naively assume better of people then they perhaps deserve- that people wouldn't go to war if only they just knew, yadda yadda.

To remove religion and dispel ignorance will not solve the real problems that cause war- greed and lust for power.

This seems to me to be a bit of a naive over simplification. I cannot comment on "most religions", but there are certain religions such as Christianity and Islam which claim to be peaceful, but clearly contain a lot of intolerant and violence inciting teachings. Although some conflicts, such as the Israel Palestine conflict, are motivated at least in part by religious views.

1. Valerie F profile image60
        Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then you obviously don't know real Christianity. False accusations of inciting violence do not exactly promote peace.

Neither does lying to anyone. You're bound to get a reaction from someone if they have found out you lied to them.

Christianity is not a belief system, it is an indoctrination of religious/spiritual leaders of religion.

Which is based on a lie.

So, believe when I say, religion is the cause for ALL wars, because without it, we'd actually be better off.

1. Valerie F profile image60
            Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Inflammatory rhetoric such as calling all religion a lie will not promote the peace, and actually proves you are no better when it comes to inciting conflict.

2. Carmen Borthwick profile image58
      Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You took the words right out of my mouth. I agree totally, especially the yadda, yadda part. The people creating wars are egotistical, arrogant, self-centered fools who could give a rat's a** about humanity or compassion. The same applies to drug lords. Religion, I believe, is often used as a crutch to repent their actions in their own minds. But, where does it all get them in the long run? In hiding, seclusion, surrounded by a handful of like-minded fools who they can't trust as far as they can shoot them. Which to me says a lot about them... they simply do not care about anything, not even themselves. They are pathetic parasites and should be removed.

1. Lee Boolean profile image58
        Lee Booleanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well put Carmen, religion turns out to be a wonderful tool to move the masses to do the bitting of the few, and divinity seldom has anything to do with the real motives. The really sad thing is that the people doing the bidding actually believe they are doing it for the right reasons.

1. profile image0

Yes! Us church goers are all stupid sheep it's part of a vow we take when we're in Sunday school. We're not patriotic,we only blindly do what were told without thought of any consequences or outcome. Man, why anybody would want to even talk to us is beyond me, we're idiots!

If the shoe fits... seriously though, did I say that? surely you can't deny the fact that many wars were fought for belief's sake where the bible or whatever text was used to justify why others deserved to die?, the bible is the most pro-war book I have ever read. That does not make believers bad or even stupid, just makes them human, we all have a cause we believe in, and most people do not like thinking for themselves, how else could you explain the state the world is in.. o, sorry I forgot, its satan's fault.

Causes are fictions created by the powers that be (the banksters and their political puppets) in order to manipulate the masses and whip up anger and emotions.

All the major conflicts were created by the banksters deliberately in order to make vast fortunes by financing both sides. WW2 was a classic example and also designed by the same powers and through the so called Holocaust, in order for Rothschild to set up the state of Israel.

I could not agree more, except "the so called holocaust" sits a bit uncomfortably with me, what do you mean?

All that means is that you still have that a little bit of their propaganda in there somewhere charging your emotions.

O is that all, pfew! for a minute there I thought you were saying it never happened...

2. profile image0

Yes, actually you did.I said it's our fault for being a bunch of dupes, it's not satans fault. Then when you throw in we're Americans all is lost!

sorry I think I misread your post, no offence

8. ediggity profile image59
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

Depends, but I think if you declare a Holy War, then that pretty much explains it.  Other than that you can just blame people in general.

9. twalker74 profile image74
    twalker74posted 14 years ago

Religion and ignorance are only tools for others to use. And yes, finance has much to do in the involvement. Before currency, there was the battle for resources (land and water; iron and bronze). When the world shrank and imperialism lost favor, currency (gold or paper) gained a far more substantial role in the forging of war.

Still, we need to be careful with the blanket tag line of “education.” Tolerance needs to be a part of the curriculum. It does not come from simply exposing other cultures, or only explaining them. It was intellectuals that provided much of the rhetoric for social nationalism (Nietzsche, Heidegger, Haeckel). Yes, much of what was said was distorted by the Nazis to further their agenda, but there existed much support for a secular elite to control the state and provide educational and economic resources for a lower class.

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I feel that education is very important, but what is learnt is even more important.
    In some countries there is a new generation of haters being taught every aspect of their complicated and hateful tome, while being prepared to kill non believers by their school teacher.

There are American families teaching their kids how to talk in tongues and handle snakes, waiting for the next coming of whatever. It is pathetic nonsense, all of it.

1. profile image0
      Ken R. Abellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.

Morons come in all varieties & persuasions.  Those American families who teach their children garbage in the name of religion are morons, period.

There's a scene in Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid where a character says, "Morons, I've got morons on my team."  It is my thesis that is exactly what God says when stupidity is practiced & promoted in his name.

Education is key, but what is being taught is crucial.  We have teachers in America right now indoctrinating children into the personality cult of Obama.  Getting children to sing anthems praising the President is indoctrination, which cannot be a good thing, but rather the actions of morons.

1. profile image0

The educators in America are some of our best but we have adults who push agendas in our schools. Schools should educate on exactly what their topics are,not personal issues. Sex in school health classes should be left to body parts and functions only. Violations of these basic principles have led to the home school issues which can create a distrust of all education.

2. profile image0

Thats a very, very, small percentage of the religious in a America. They get the press because they're very odd. My church is very clear about obeying the law and showing respect for others beliefs. We never discuss politics at the pulpit, never!

11. R P Chapman profile image60
    R P Chapmanposted 14 years ago

It's an old adage but knowledge really is power. Education is central to the debate and those who choose to indoctrinate rather than teach are most likely gain by the process.

It is our respective government's mandate to educate its people. However an educated populace is more difficult to govern. War generates profit and human nature being what it is, education would make profit harder to acheive.

Much easier and better to play to our base instincts and agree that collectively our nation hate (insert your enemy) because they want to (insert your fear) to us. Control is achieved.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. Diplomacy when offered is sold as weakness too.

12. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Nah, just my personal observation. Not gonna dig the web to confirm it. Just take it or leave it. smile

Ok, at least you manned up.  I'll leave it.

13. beth811 profile image77
    beth811posted 14 years ago

It can be both.

14. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Replying to OP.
    It is neither,it is a man (or womens) choice to war against anybody smile

Choices baby!

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

No god, no sin.

16. sam7 profile image60
    sam7posted 14 years ago

Having researched wars going back to BC with the Romans, Greeks, etc. to present; wars appear to be mainly faught for territorial control. Land grabbing was and some what still is the direct route to power.  The real question should be did improving eduction reduce, or actually increase the continued need for warfare? 

I am not ruling religion out, the Crusades, and other Christianity created wars weren't as much for territory grabbing but for unification of the masses, but there too the Roman Catholilc Church was at one time one of the biggest land holders.

Looking at it from all aspects of Religion, Economic, Political, every aspect is included as well as greed and intollerance that seems to factor into why there is a need for warfare.  In the twentyfirst century education for the masses across the World is at its highest compared to the any century, BC or AD, and yet we still have the need to destroy each other.

17. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

One serves the other and vice-versa

1. profile image59
      james hoyerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If we look at wars through out history, kings or great leaders; We will find no matter which leader we pick from alexander the great to the Roman leaders they all were driven by greed, and or egos trying to out do the one who ruled before them.

18. profile image0

Yes.
    Greed and lust of power are motives.
    Ignorance associated with religion or supertition is what makes
    the greedy and lusty to be followed by crowds.
    And we have facts to stress the point.
    People who got hit by the police in Iranian streets after their last 'elections', were not the most ignorant or the most religious.
    Great expansionist armies can only be assembled by times of misery and obscurantism.
    Religion (at least by ways of official representatives) never faught against neither misery nor obscurantism.
    this is my point of view.

19. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Dont mind me ,just wanted to try these out ,aww cute

This looks really akward next to a picture of Xena The Warrior Princess.

2. profile image0
      zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

friday on your mind ?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol any day smile

20. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Yea they interept God anyway they want to wink

21. profile image0

Hi Lee Boolean
    Are you true or false ?

hehehe. This was just for the laugh.
    Anyway, I just got back from dinner downtown and the wine was so
    good that I look as red as you but without apparent horns.
    hehe

22. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

Religion is ignorance towards reality, so lack of reality is the cause of war=)

I agree with this and would add that religion is caused by indoctrination or ignorance by choice if they read the bible or quoran and believed the scary god stuff. smile

23. profile image0
    Maximus591posted 14 years ago

Religion for all it's faults (and it has so many) is not always the root cause.

Prejudice and hate tend to fan the flames of wars more than anything else. Take Hitler for example. He hated Jews. He also hated commies. Homosexuals and blacks were not at the top of his Xmas card shopping list either. Hitler also suspected many rich jewish business men were in league with the commies. He also claimed most Jewish men were homosexuals (clearly an attempt to mask his own latent homosexual desires). So, as you can see, the Jews were screwed! Not because of their religious orientation (Altho, that may also have played a minor role) but because :

a) Many were rich and succesful and held prominent positions in society. This created envy amongst many Germans.

b) They were in league with the commies!  (Altho, not strictly true) But what did it matter, if Hitler could associate the Jews as being commie conspirators that was all that was needed to whip up anti-semitic feelings amongst german people.

c) They were all homosexuals! The final nail in the coffin for Jews!

Religion is often used to disguise innate hatred in the individual. Hatred is not a good quality to have. But if it can be disguised under a religious cloak then it can be used to give justification to cruel and destructive behaviour. Afterall, you are acting in Gods interests, you are doing Gods work.... it's never : you are acting in your sole interest to express your own prejudice and blind hatred. These actions would require ownership of responsibility... but if you're doing the work of God, you can do as you please without having to deal with ownership of your actions.

I agree, it is the personal responsibility that is missing. The devil in the corner. smile

24. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I keep telling you guys, it's not ignorance or religion, it's bad breath.

lol

25. profile image0
    Rick Marlowposted 14 years ago

both are at fault

I agree with that Rick! I felt that an opportunity to agree would be good for both of us. smile

26. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Well, religion is ignorance gone awry.

So, it's only left with religion.

27. pioneer_writer5 profile image58
    pioneer_writer5posted 14 years ago

People cause wars. People who have a total disregard for the sanctity of life. People who see war as a means to an end. People who put a price tag on values that far exceed the price tag that is put on human life.

28. Cagsil profile image71

How ever, this is a battle that's been Warring for centuries, so don't let my little comments have any baring.

Religion is fake. There is nothing good that can come from it.

Plain and simple.

29. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

I believe that religion is ignorance, from my experience, religion pushes you further away from reality with mysterious questions that has no answers so you end up seeking and they give you an answer from their imagination, and since there is no real answer you end up embracing what they say=)

30. Cagsil profile image71

Religion is why society is the way it is.

How's that.

31. Cagsil profile image71

Here....

This is what you get from religion....

To do the will of God.(who is to say what the will of God is? the church...your religion.

To get rid of the ego.(this is self-responsibility.)

To be selfless.(which is anti-life)

To develop humility.(that's going to happen anyway)

To give up desire.(unattainable goal)

To be compassionate.(compassion is self-responsible emotion)

To give up free choice.(you told how to live)

To give up pride.(again, this is anti-life)

To let go self-esteem.(again, this is anti-life)

To give up self-confidence.(again, this is anti-life)

To let go of self-interests.(not possible and destructive to your state of mind, and unattainable goal)

There you have it....Religion out on display so everyone can see.

So, in other words, all free choice, all ambition, all self-interest is to be sacrificed to the goal of being spiritual.

32. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Selflessness is anti-life? Selfishness leads to greed, power-lust, and murder.

To have the sinful kind of pride, to regard yourself as inherently superior rather than equal to others leads to a callous disregard for their lives. Pride is anti-life, not humility.

33. michael1mars profile image40
    michael1marsposted 14 years ago

I'd say it's money and greed.Countries who want either more power or more territory will try to get  it by any means necessary.If someone opposes them well that's where all the mayhem starts

How many countries in the world follow a Religion as a way of life?

34. Cagsil profile image71

What I don't understand is why people, when presented with obvious truths about life, refuse to see it.

There are wonderous things we could be doing, if religion was around. Then, each and every person would guide themselves, and major breakthroughs/advancements in perserving life would happen, because people would make a self-interest purpose for their life.

Your compassion for the value of human life would become the driving force.

That's world worth living in.

35. Cagsil profile image71

Not to mention, people would live a lot longer.

36. profile image0
    Rick Marlowposted 14 years ago

Some Peoples Minds Are Like Concrete+++Thoroughly
    Mixed Up And Permanently Set

37. profile image0
    Nia Lposted 14 years ago

Check out this hub http://hubpages.com/t/dd45e Useful info.

38. profile image48
    simeon65posted 12 years ago

It is my opinion that war is not caused by religion, however having stated this opinion i also must say that war is often justified to the masses through religion. For example convincing a population to fight for ecinomic growth is difficult, however convincing a population to fight to defend religious beliefs is easy. if you want proof of this just look at the crusades. relgion can also be used to support a cause by offering eternal life for their services. I.E "to kill an infidel is the path to heaven"

39. profile image0
    RookerySpoonerposted 12 years ago

There are many reasons for war, including relgion, politics, invasion of other countries, natural resources, belief in racial superiority, economic differences, ideological disagreements, nationalism etc.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)