Who vouched for Moses?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (108 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Moses seems to be very important to those following the Christian or Hebrew version of the old testament.  Genesis is one of his alleged writings.  Just wondering, were there any other witnesses to what God told him to say? 

There never seems to be anyone around when Mo talks with God.  How do we know he didn't just make things up?

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha i always wondered that too, especially when watching The Ten Commandments. i mean how did they know he wasn't some crazy lunatic?

2. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was there....    hmm
                         neutral
                         smile
                         big_smile

1. goldenpath profile image65
        goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In many ways, you were.

2. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Well the Bible tells us he smashed the first lot of tablets. Maybe he didn't agree with the content...

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

He was interrogated and lie detected after each visit. What other proof do you need?

4. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Moses was nothing more than a story.

Was he a real person?

Did he really live a conscious life?

The words of Jesus' work says Religion before and during his time was following a false idol or "god".

Hmmm.......? So, who is right?

Jesus' work or Religion?

They both cannot be right, because Jesus' work had nothing to do with religion in the first place, but it's the only place you will find it.

A little strange, huh? smile

Just a thought. smile

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well you tried and you missed! Jesus knows Moses, and always has.smile

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, you're right. Jesus knew him? Him to be fake as the GOD religion put forth. smile

1. profile image0

Hows your water weight issues holding up?big_smile

roll

1. profile image0

C'mon! Light'n up Francis!

Lighten up? roll

1. profile image0

Don't take me so seriously. I think you're decent enough guy, I just don't like being put down for my religion. If I think theres no hope then I just mess around.smile

1. Pandoras Box profile image61
                    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Regarding the second statement, I told you so. When you get frustrated you lash out.

Regarding more importantly the first statement, how do you think we like being put down (you're going to hell, gays are an abomination, nonbelievers have no place in this country, etc etc.) for our beliefs?

5. goldenpath profile image65
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Moses had several other writings beyond Genesis and many that are not included in the common canon of the Bible.  The original Ten Commandments were a higher law that the Hebrews were commanded to follow.  Upon seeing their wickedness the tablets were smashed and a new set of laws were brought forth from the mountain.  This set is of a lower order that the people were ready for and could keep.  Eventually, the original set will be instituted once we are ready for it.

In response to the original question there are other records of people who recorded dealings with Moses.  Perhaps not speaking with God but prophets prior and after have testified of him and his mission to the world.  He was the initial means of fulfilling the promise made to Israel.

That there. Care to expand on that?

Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Possibly what I was referring to when I mentioned the Dead Sea scrolls.  These scrolls contain books which some editors didn't think should be contained in their version.

2. goldenpath profile image65

In a sacred translation of the Bible of those passages that were lost there was an entire book, the Book of Moses, that came through revelation.  It is a clarification from Moses of Biblical passages originally wiped from the Bible canon.  There are also writing included in the Apocrypha, however, those works do have errors in them by men who were not inspired.  Those are not part of our standard works in the Church.

There are writing from Abraham not included in the Bible found in the catacombs of Egypt in the 1800s.  These were quickly stricken as false from many faiths.  The parchments came to be examined by the Prophet of our Church at the time.  Upon his examination he translated the writings and verified it to be of the hand of Abraham.

Both offer deep examination regarding man's relationship to God and man's potential.  They offer insight into science that actually work in concert with many scientific facts of today.

How did they determine who was or was not inspired, goldenpath?

Since the Church's inception the doctrine has always been, and always will be, to personally study, ponder and pray about every revelation that the Prophets and General Authorities present to the members of the Church.  It is not part of the Church to blindly follow but rather to "question boldly" all doctrines.  In other words to pray about, question and test the doctrines.  Through this the Church has survived.

As far as the prophets of old.  The current authorities have testified of them and the members are to pray about those testimonies.  Also, the Book of Mormon is a companion to the Bible and it was recorded and compiled on this continent 2,000 years ago.  Two records, two continents, ancient records testifying of the Father and the Son.  That is a testimony.  These two records are what is referred to in Ezekiel 37.  The stick of Judah is the Bible and the stick of Joseph is the Book of Mormon.

Sorry, the book of Mormon was made up by Joseph Smith and no amount of praying will make it anything else.  Smith used some of the same techniques used during his con man days to claim his prophesies after writing the book. 

No one witnessed the so-called golden tablets containing the writings other than fellow con men.  "Authorities" may not be the best word to describe those with an agenda to prove their own musings. 

Where did you get your information about the book of Mormon being the stick of Joseph?

It matters not where I get my information if you are unwilling to be tolerant and understanding.  I care not about converting you but I do expect adult behavior and tolerate other views as I have everyone elses.

I, myself, have put it to the test.  I don't physically use test tubes and equations as many here would like to evaluate life.  My tests are different and have proven well for me.  I speak for no one else but me.  Above all I never condescend or put down anyone else for their belief.

We test and question our authorities through practice.  Through practice of the dictates of our faith, that being faith, hope and charity, we gain the evidence of the doctrines of Jesus Christ.  Also, through this practice, do we gain the evidence of the validity of the scriptures which we use.

I am trying to be tolerant and understanding but it's hard to understand things which make no sense to me.  The ancient Aztecs and Mayans prayed hard before ripping others hearts, still beating, out of their chests.  Their "authorities" told them it was okay to do so.  By the way, when you say "my church" what church are you referring to?  And the stick of Joseph, what makes you think this is the book of Mormon?

The ancestors who crossed the seas and settled this continent were the principle descendants of Joseph.  In the chapter the two are to become one, together, which they have become since the translation.  This imagery was explained through translation as was many parts of the Bible.  With all the varied ideas of the Bible it is only fair to say that true translation must be derived through revelation.  It is these revelations that we, as the membership, are counseled to pray about and receive our personal conviction and testimony of it's truthfulness.

With all the translations it really makes the imagery in the Bible clear and truly inspired.  Sorry for my earlier comment.  I understand that these things seem apparently stupid and dumb to those who do not and have not practiced this faith.

What Church?  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Most refer to us as the Mormon Church - NOT to be confused with the Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints involved with polygamy.

The brutality and cruel nature of the civilizations you mentioned came after the apostasy.  After Christ ministered on the Americas there remained continual peace for about four hundred years.  After that the people started to decay.  The prophets and disciples were shunned, killed and exiled.  Eventually two great civilization warred killing millions.  Then came the groups you named. 

We've also a record of two great civilizations on the Americas thousands of years before - shortly after the confounding of languages at the Tower of Babel.  This is a truly remarkable record.

It is 11P and I work till noon tomorrow.  If anyone wants more information email me or leave a forum post.  However, as usual, I will probably check in tomorrow and see slander and bashing.  Oh well, It's the life of a Latter-day Saint.

Later.

2. profile image53
                  (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fear he, a great evil who claims to be tolerant but preaches only hatred and intolerance.

Boy, it almost sounded as if you were being prophetic.  I'm only 5'3" and you fear me?  Wow, amazing how words of tolerance invoke fear into the hearts of the fearful.

Anyhow, I still thank you for the exchanges.  smile

2. Pandoras Box profile image61

Ah there you are. You didn't reply to me on the other thread, I didn't think you were gonna reply to me here either. sad

But actually, what you seem to be saying is that your church chooses to believe in the testimony of its leaders over the translations of the experts who have determined that the scraps of papyri (sp?) used by Smith to get those translations actually are like egyptian funereal poems.

Avoiding all smart-aleck type remarks, I just don't get that.

Civility here.  I've never given a smart-aleck remark.  I have already stated that we are strongly encouraged to ponder and pray about all counsel given by our authorities and not follow blindly.  We are to personally study as well which is something most religions do not want their people doing.

All original manuscripts were papyrus.  That is the writing parchment of the time.  All of the Bible was, at one time, a series of letters, records and epistles. 

I am sorry about your other forum post.  I have not seen it but will look for it.

Oh I wasn't suggesting you would give a smart-aleck remark, I was merely refraining from them myself.

You fail to answer -or even address- the question however. Is it not true that the only known remaining fragments which Smith reportedly used to translate his 'pearl of great price' was later translated by experts and found to contain egytptian burial poems or some such?

6. marinealways24 profile image58
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

I think Moses was a stoner. This is why he wrote the commandments in stone. I think there is a link.

1. cheaptrick profile image73
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wata ya think the "Burning Bush" Was?smile
      And Moses is actually a"Ebonics"term that translates to"MO'E"as in "I shall instruct you further after I visit the "Burning Bush again.

I have actually read a fairly well-reasoned argument that the 'incense of the lord' enjoyed by the priests did contain marijuana. That was years and years ago though. Let me see if I can find anything on it.

7. Randy Godwin profile image60

Apparently, there was no one other than Mo who really knew the truth.  Imagine that, how do we know he didn't make up the whole thing?  Similar to Joseph Smith (the con man) when he made up the book of Mormon except Smith's brother (also in the con game)vouched for him. 

Funny no one has ever questioned Moses's credibility in his assertions.  Sounds a lot like modern adherents.

1. profile image0

You wouldn't know a prophet if they bit you in the butt!

Bite on,brother!

1. profile image0

Well if the lynch mod says you're a con, well hell, their the voice of reason! Always go with what the mob says!

Smith was a well known con man involved in many schemes to separate others from their money.  You would have liked him though!

1. profile image0

He was a prophet of God and he was martyred. Do you feel he deserved to die? How well do you know the book of Mormon? It would seem that he went through alot of trouble to con people.

I have read Smith's book and also his history. His dealings in the con game are well documented.  I doubt seriously you know how the Bible itself was compiled, nor who did the editing.

Did you know the Dead Sea scrolls contain the books left out of the modern Bible? They just didn't fit in, it seems.  And who decided Moses was a prophet?  Do you know anyone who vouched for him?

1. profile image0

Well first I'm not offended and I'm a member of the LDS church. I've heard it all before.

I actually made a special trip to Chicago to view the scrolls at the Museum of Science and Industry. There is so much we don't know and will know in time.smile

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually the Muslims have done that and continue to do that to this day.

This is true, and the Christians do the same for the Muslim prophets

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
          Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, hence the never ending 'Holy Wars' in the 'Holy Lands' of the middle east...The Kingdom of Heaven...

8. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I do the poor guy was wet all the time with no one to chat with but animals.  sigh.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are thinking of Noah?

I really don't think she was thinking when she posted. She just posted quickly and scooted out. lol lol lol lol

2. Pandoras Box profile image61

Aha! Suddenly it makes sense, lol. Yeah moses, noah.. they're basically all the same. wink

9. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

Experts don't believe Moses did write the first five books of the Bible, and goldenpath would you mind sharing with us what 'other' writings you say Moses was responsible for?

10. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/wyanjen/moses.jpg

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So funny! lol lol lol

1. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
        He's got such a happy little smile...
        and mom's just not impressed.

11. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

As a member of the CBMC when younger I also saw the dead sea scrolls and even had them explained to me by the then director of archaeology Clifford Wilson, who was also a member of the Christian Businessmen's Committee and our guest inauguration speaker.

12. Randy Godwin profile image60

Even if Moses etched the Ten Commandments in stone, no one could read them.  The people were illiterate.  There were no schools in the wilderness and possibly no written language anyway.

1. profile image0

You're gripping!big_smile

With both hands!

13. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Wasn't moses left in the bulldust? Sorry... bullrushes. smile

14. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

How's everybody doing tonight?

Maybe Moses will come over to my place tomorrow and part the foot of snow blocking my truck big_smile

Great here, spring is in the air.

2. earnestshub profile image79

3 in the arvo here and I am going good! smile No snow about 90 in your language, I have a fan on. smile

lol
        arvo? that's a new one to me...

This is our first snow since x-mas so I'm not complaining. I'm just not sure how I'll get to work tomorrow.
        I may have to have our delivery truck pick me up lol

arvo, sorry okker for afternoon. smile You could try a couple of dozen cold cans of fosters and piss your way out! Saw it on a movie once.... very funny! lol

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

lol
              I'll get started then!

3. Cagsil profile image69

Doing well Jen. I can only hope you are too. smile

It's not too bad here for weather. Most of the snow has disappeared, but suppose to get some on Wednesday. smile

4. Pandoras Box profile image61

smile

Heya Jen, hang in there. Only 5 more weeks of winter!

15. Cagsil profile image69

I am more interesting in knowing what the church is hiding. I know they are hiding Jesus' work, at least some of it. Not all of it is in the bible.

There are only certain things written about him, and NONE of it was written by him, yet the church has 4 books of his which are not in the bible.

These 4 books from what I've learned through research have NOTHING to do with religion and cannot be converted to religious text. Hence, the reasoning for them not being in the bible.

As for Moses, it's a story without any validity. It carries no water whatsoever, because Jesus' work deemed that religion's god was fake and/or not real.

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  lol

Got to love you guys!!!

lol  lol  lol

You find something amusing?

I do find your laughter to be quite funny, in and of, itself.

If you knew half of what I know about Jesus' work, and opened your damn eyes, plus used a little common-sense, you might actually figure it out.

If you're interested in challenging me. I suggest you actually take up putting the doctrines of your sad religion to the test, just like a scientist does to their work.

You would find the doctrines are just as fake and anti-life, as the pathetic god you worship. smile

And, sorry to burst your bubble. Jesus was a human male. No divinity in his blood. Just a normal person, who saw through the hoax known as religion.

I've already posted on Moses, but I will post on the rest of it.

You are correct in more than one way.  There are a great many things not included in the Bible of Jesus Christ.  Why?  You have answered it time and time again.  Power.  After the time of Christ and the Apostles the early church tried to pick up the pieces in the council at Nice.  They wanted and desired control over the people.  The wanted blind followers.  In so doing they omitted much of Christ's teachings.  Teachings involving man's agency and will as well as potential. 

This is why I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon.  It is a record of Christ upon this continent, without omissions.  It complements and clarifies much of the difficult passages in the Bible.

So, you are correct.

16. Randy Godwin profile image60

Too bad no one saw the angel Maroni or the golden records from whence Smith "copied" the book of Mormon.  This always seems the case when a prophet is concerned.  What about the polygamy laws Smith advocated?  Sounds like a real religious guy, huh?

17. Cagsil profile image69

Hey Randy,

Just curious, what is your take on Moses?

Like many others, he had the ability to convince people he talked to God.  If he did write Genesis, he borrowed heavily from previous religions and myths which predated the Bible.  Like any other person who claims contact with a supernatural being, without any collaboration by others, he is suspected of making things up for his own need of power and influence.

I wish the Bible (the good parts) was true, but there's no way of knowing.  Unless you are privileged to received revelations, of course!

18. Cagsil profile image69

I realize you've been asking a lot of questions more than pointing to anything specific yourself. So, I'm curious your understanding of it?

smile

19. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

Lots of sites, I just happened to click on this one.

The name cannabis is generally thought to be of Scythian origin. Sula Benet in Cannabis and Culture argues that it has a much earlier origin in Semitic languages like Hebrew, occurring several times in the Old Testament. He states that in Exodus 30:23 that God commands Moses to make a holy anointing oil of myrrh, sweet cinnamon, kaneh bosm, and kassia. He continues that the word kaneh bosm is also rendered in the traditional Hebrew as kannabos or kannabus and that the root "kan" in this construction means "reed" or "hemp", while "bosm" means "aromatic". He states that in the earliest Greek translations of the old testament "kan" was rendered as "reed", leading to such erroneous English translations as "sweet calamus" (Exodus 30:23), sweet cane (Isaiah 43:24; Jeremiah 6:20) and "calamus" (Ezekiel 27:19; Song of Songs 4:14).

Further down it speaks of Moses specifically.

God talked to Moses out of a bush that burned with fire (Exodus 3:1- 12). After Moses brought the Israelite people out of Egypt he returned to Mt. Sinai at which time God made a covenant with Moses in which the Ten Commandments were revealed. Exodus 19:8 describes the conditions at the time of this covenant.

Exodus 19:8 "And Mount Sinai was altogether on smoke, because the Lord descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.

The Mysterious smoke mentioned in the covenant on Mt. Sinai is also referred to as a cloud. Exodus 24:15 "And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. 16 And the glory of the Lord abode upon Mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.

Now that must have been one heck of a buzz.

It goes on if anyone wishes to read more.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/potbible.htm

20. Cagsil profile image69

I would agree. He would be absolutely wasted and probably would be lucky if he could be able to carry the tablets. lol lol lol lol

It probably took him 30 years just to get down from the mt. lol lol lol

Maybe that's why he ended up breaking the first set.

I'm turning in. 'Nite all.

Good night. Sleep well and be safe. smile

Yes, have a peaceful lovely night, we will joust with the foe another day... smile although I may joust a little longer, it is only 5pm here. smile

I wasn't going to bed. I was saying good night to Pandorasbox. smile

Cool, I thought I was too. smile

21. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Who vouched for Moses?????????????? It sure as heck wasn't Edward G Robinson or Yul Brenner...So let it be written,So let it be done! tongue

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha!

i love Nefretiri

"I will NOT hear unhappy things today!"

she sure put that slave woman in her place, heh wink

1. profile image0
        StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh god I forgot that one...That will be my motto for the rest of the week, or maybe life!!. "I will NOT hear unhappy things today!" smile

22. iantoPF profile image80
    iantoPFposted 14 years ago

The thing I've often wondered about in the story of Moses is, where is the other evidence?
    The only evidence he existed is in the Torah. every other book, even the modern "Inspired" works, rely on that. Outside of that, the Egyptians were excellent historians so why is there no record of the seven Plagues? Especially why is there no independent account of the death of the firstborn? Why is there no Egyptian record of a slaves revolt and the army being drowned in the pursuit?
    Nowhere is there an ancient Egyptian account, in their Heiroglyphics or anywhere else to give some credibillity to the tale.

23. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

To believe that Moses was writing while he and the rest of the released Egyptian slaves were wandering in the wilderness is not very realistic.........

These books that are attributed to him were, in my opinion, obviously written after the establishment of the Kingdom of David........when there are elites being trained in the art of writing, and whee there is time and resources to create manuscripts.......and after the reestablishment of Jerusalem following the release of Babylonian held Jews (those from the Kingdom of Jerusalem and not the Kingdom of Israel)..

1. pct52 profile image61
      pct52posted 14 years agoin reply to this

We should notice that Moses actually denied a lot of not so God worshipping ones from entering into the Promised Land using the Ten Commandments tablets. So, in Modern times, all are qualified for heaven just because they are of certain ethnic types are just bogus belief.

Don't you wish Moses is around now to take care of business for us?

24. mikelong profile image60

Remember, Moses was denied access too.

25. mikelong profile image60

Goldenpath....if you are somehow supporting the idea that pre-European intervention American peoples were visited by Jesus I urge you to reevaluate your evidence....

But I realize beliefs are beliefs.....If this is one of yours, I would love to see you try to convince someone of Native American descent this point....especially one who knows his/her culture and history....

Actually, my wife is Native American and so I am well versed in their lore.  In hearing and studying their lore first hand from them it goes hand-in-hand with the doctrines I have presented here.

He has people all over the planet.  It is hardly unreasonable that He would visit them as well and minister to them.  The Bible is a record of the Holy Land.  That's awesome.  The Book of Mormon is a record of His ministry to the Americas.  I wholly support that someday a record may be found somewhere else to support that He ministered to the peoples there.

The key is to keep you mind open to possibilities.

As far as re-evaluation I have been studying for decades.  I am well aware of the doctrines.

26. mikelong profile image60

I've read your posts....and I do not ready anything with evidence.....one can claim that the Atlantic was crossed by Biblical identities....but there is no proof...

I have looked at the golden tablets.....and have spoken to MesoAmerican experts at UCLA....there is no proof..

I'm reading through the books of Nephi now......and don'tsee how they can be used...beyond someone with blind faith......and blindness is never a good thing..

In my opinion, the Book of Mormon is largely a lifting of the King James Bible.......in the frontier of America....these themes are so easy to see within the writings.......Americans recreating their own form of Christianity, much like William Walker was running around recreating his version of the United States....

I will remain open minded to you goldenpath....I want to see you make your case....

What native nation does your wife hail from, if I may ask?

Potawatomi and Kickapoo with other relatives of the Sioux, Ute and Dakota.  Though each nation's lore differs slightly they all have similarities.

27. goldenpath profile image65
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

I am not here to make my case.  If that were so I'd have a separate forum for that. 

Study and prayer - with the sincerity and want to know.  This is the only way to gain your own truth as to whether or not my words and the words of the scriptures I've mentioned are true.  I don't expect anyone to believe me blindly.  That would be an insult to you and me.  It took twenty years for me to accept and recognize a "different" kind of evidence.  It does not manifest itself in a test tube or a club over the head.  It manifests within the heart.  It creates a change in countenance and thought.  When this happens, then you know you've found what you've been looking for.

I'm sorry, but I cannot afford anyone the answers they seek in the form they desire.  I no longer seek the "test tubes" of life and I offer no answers that dwell within them.

All I can offer is my advice that you continue to read the account a chapter at a time and pray, with sincerity, that you may have that "yes" or "no" to it's validity.  Exercise your right to know and utilize a grain of faith to ask Him who really has all answers.  You want to know and you deserve to know, but the answers will only come to a humbled heart that really desires to know.

Sorry if this doesn't help but it's really the best help available.

28. mikelong profile image60

I respect your perspective.....but hope that, in time, it can be broadened...

While I believe that universal concepts are within humanity, and the larger world, I think to place them within the rubric of a specific religious sect, regardless of the type, is a mistake...

29. Randy Godwin profile image60

I agree with Mike.  Your method could be practiced with any text and one could convince oneself they have received divine words. 

I respect your feelings but unfortunately, this type of research is the same as no research at all.  More like self-hypnosis, I would think.  Since you have nothing more than your own speculations, I will not trouble you with questions requiring facts, proof, or logic.  Thanks anyway!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)