Why haven't you accepted Jesus and ask God to fill you with His spiri

Jump to Last Post 51-83 of 83 discussions (488 posts)
  1. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

Mo you know where I stand on it.  So long as it doesn't hurt others a person can believe anything they want. People get so caught up in beliefs they close their minds of to everyone and everything else, not good.

1. livelonger profile image87
      livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your first couple of sentences. I could not possibly care less if someone thinks I'm going to hell. As long as they leave me alone in this world, I don't have a problem with them. I don't consider generalized "announcement"-type threads like this one a direct attack on me.

The reason that their beliefs don't bother me is that I don't share those beliefs one bit. I suspect those who are offended that others think they're going to hell do buy in, even a little bit, into those beliefs (usually because they used to believe those things or were raised to believe those things).

2. Alastar Packer profile image71

Hey Mo, got a story started but writers blocks descended, you think reading these forum threads will get it goin again?

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Quite possibly.  Forums inspire me often!  Good luck!

3. Alastar Packer profile image71

OK, gotta go- couple of young men in white shirts n skinny ties  knocking at the door.

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

The problem is, the only thing such a god does is psychopathically impose the conditions that require being "saved " in the first place.

What do you do with the OT? Burn it?

5. earnestshub profile image80

I see this last post as a warning to other believers.
    You could wind up being as mindless about your own mind and life as this if you keep taking the kool aid.

6. Joseph Lane profile image61
    Joseph Laneposted 12 years ago

You lost me at the grammatically incorrect title.

1. heavenbound5511 profile image66
      heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

well if you know anything about hubpages or the forums you'd know that I did spell it correctly but they cut off the last letter of the word spirit BECAUSE the title will only show so many letters- But it /hubpages puts it in it's complete form at the beginning of the forum. It would be wise to look at the beginning of the forum -than you wouldn't be saying something that isn't  correct!!!!!

Here's what was left out of the title>>t and find out for yourself that it is true?
      So I hope this helps and you are the 2nd person to critically point this out without knowing how petty and incorrect this is.

7. profile image51
    PIREH ALIposted 12 years ago

WHAT DO U MEAN BY IMPOSE ??????????

1. earnestshub profile image80

You may as well finish of with dog bless you as god bless you. It is meaningless to me, obviously phoney and delusional.

I have known what it is to become other than self with religion, and that is all you have done. You believe because you have to. You can't take responsibility for yourself and be happy. And you're too scared of a myth to learn anything else.

Your responses are still weak.

2. earnestshub profile image80

The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath.  He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies!  The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished.  He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm.  The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet.  At his command the oceans and rivers dry up, the lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wilt.  In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed.  Who can stand before his fierce anger?  Who can survive his burning fury?  His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence.  The LORD is good.  When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge.  And he knows everyone who trusts in him.  But he sweeps away his enemies in an overwhelming flood.  He pursues his foes into the darkness of night.   (Nahum 1:2-8 NLT)

I claim this scripture is psychotic regardless of context. There are literally thousands of such psychotic passages in your book.

Now who would write psychotic passages in a book?

That's right... a psychopath! lol

Who writes

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

and all, all of it  under the guise of love,
        and the constant requirment of praise and worship!

Takes a sick God to claim to make a population of people available for company and fellowship, then force them into a punishment system, and systematicly destroy all His created, while knowing all along He alone made them that way?

Like a sureal Hitchcock kind of tale.

"You are now entering the twilight zone!"

2. heavenbound5511 profile image66

God  so hateful to give you a way out of the effects of sin. Offers you salvation in Jesus to all no matter who you are or what you did. So hateful to give you mercy & grace if you accept the help. God is so hateful to tell you he will pull you out of destruction- restore you, and give you your heart's desire.
        It's so hateful that Jesus can and does heal people that believe and seek Him.
        Such a hateful God that's wants to save us and let us go to heaven and even promised to prepare a place for us. So hateful that God can forgive us and look at us as if we did nothing against Him.
        So hateful that God is just standing around waiting for us to realize we need him and too reach out to him.
        So hateful that God will only help as we allow him- YOUR FREE WILL.
        It is so hateful that God chose us and we have to chose him back and love him back in return by honoring Him.
        It is so hateful that God won't let the devilish people that refused to serve him kill  His people that honored Him and done good in the bible or even let there kids live and grow up to try to destroy them again. It's so hateful that God protects those that serve him.
        Go hasn't said he will protect all mankind- but those that seek Him will find life.

3. earnestshub profile image80

The point is your omnipotent omniscient omnipresent got can't stop the suffering of little children, has never intervened for the poor and starving.
      Why?
      According to you because they don't believe as you do.

They may never have heard of a god or a bible but the likes of your god who can do so much for you won't lift a finger.

What a ridiculous hate filled psychotic little god! sad

earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That has to rate as the most twisted reasoning I have seen!            offered up by a religious site of course! lol

Learn something that has at least a sense of honesty and cohesion....this is childish rot!

4. HoneyKisses profile image59
      HoneyKissesposted 12 years ago

The first time I heard about God, it wasnt a priority to me to get saved or to take salvation seriously.  I was too consumed in my sinful lifestyle to really want to know.  It took me going down to the lowest point in my life before I decided to seek God.

Do you people not see... its not God destroying us, but MAN in his SIN hurting other man?  God gave us free will.  Its not God that created the punishment system, MAN did. In God's eyes, sin is sin, whether it be murder or even lying.  Its all the same to him, unlike the US goverment and their punishment system. Its not God going around killing innocent children or raping them, etc.  MAN did and still is. 

Please dont argue with me, Im not trying to argue. I honestly dont think you should force this onto anyone,  you have to find it in yourself.  Im not trying to hate on anyone, because I didnt know a lot of this myself until the Holy Spirit gave me understanding of His word smile 

It is hard to save someone who thinks they have it all, but like my pastor taught me, just pray for that person, even if you have to pray to make them miserable enough to seek out God.

5. earnestshub profile image80

Go for it! Give us your best shot! lol
      Or would you prefer to torture us with scripture you neither understand or observe yourself? lol

1. HoneyKisses profile image59
        HoneyKissesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who, me?

You can actually learn a lot from The Bible!  Have you actualy read it?  You seem like youre pretty intelligent, you should seriously try to read some of it...  Im not going to throw scriptures around because I dont think you can really get the true meaning behind it unless you actually get saved and then 'read' The Bible .  (And I havent read it all myself) 

I honestly dont know what to say to someone who thinks like you though... But its like I said, you cant really force God onto someone, they have to believe themselves and I know you cant force someone to do that.

I just think you should be a little more open minded about God though, maybe visit a church every now and then and see... maybe try praying for salvation.  You never know.... smile

2. HoneyKisses profile image59

I actually have 1 quote... I dont know how well it fits but.. here I go!

Mathew 10:39 - He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

It says, if you find solace in the world in your flesh and you want to preserve that sinful life, then you will lose your soul and your eternal life in the world to come.  But if you lay down your life and suffer reproach and persecution for the sake of Jesus instead of denying it, he will bless you with eternal life as soon as your soul leaves your body and you will live happily with Christ to all eternity

Nothing very sinful about my life other than a taste for good chocolate. smile

6. earnestshub profile image80

No thanks!
      I have a life filled with love and joy, I won't be throwing it away for the promise of spending an eternity with a lot of religionists because a bronze aged myth told me to. smile.

Now try the nasty prayer bit. Give it your best shot. smile

Well Im sorry you feel that way sad Like I said, its hard to save someone who believe their fine with what they have, but if youre really happy, then you are very blessed.  You never know what else God may have in store for you. 

What more could you possible lose that you havent already lost to mass media programming or chemical additives in your food?  hehe.  You actually wont be throwing your life away. Youll have that love and joy, and more!  Its really not people trying to brainwash you or making you sit and spend 23 hours of your life in church 24/7.  It will actually give you a greater sense of thinking and wanting to live your life.

Its your choice!!  But just remember that God may be a jealous God, but He is merciful.  If you ever get to a point in your life and you dont know where to go, turn to God smile He will forgive you.

I hope you have a great day!

I have not had a life without any problems, nor did I expect one. Fortunately your god doesn't have anything in store for me, my life is what I make it.

Read up on your bible, you will find the hate filled ramblings of a psychopath. If you can't find 10,000 of them you are not even trying.
          Read them with an open mind, then read what a psychopath is.

All done?

Welcome to the real world. lol

Have you read it all?  Give me 5 'hate filled ramblings'  tongue  It is not hate filled and if you claim it to be so, then you have not read it at all;  Yes, God has punished nations but it is because they have turned away from Him and forsaken Him.

And if people are willing to take the 'real world' after what is becoming of it over God, then God sure does have a reason to be mad lol!

Lol, well I dont know what you mean by the nasty prayer bit, Im not the OP if you think I am!!!

But one more thing I read in the Bible though, about your comment about nothing sinful in your life

Romans 3:10 -"There is none righteous, no not one"

We are all born sinners, thats why people go to be saved.  The heart is very deceitful, you may think youre good but without God youre not sad ....

I apologise for mistaking you for the OP. smile

I live with little children. You may think they are born sinners, I know what they are. They are bloody marvellous that is what they are! lol

Lol! Its ok, I was wondering why you were being so hostile when I havent said one rude thing sad

Im not trying to say the little children are devilish or anything, dont think that!  Everyone is just born a sinner.

And I know what you mean smile My little man just turned one and hes the most amazing thing ever

Children learn love from their environment. My little ones are innocent as children are. I will not be teaching them that horrible myths are truth.
              With any luck they will grow to be fine human beings like my daughter and sons who are adults.

Like myself they have made mistakes, but no fairies are needed to see them as sinners.

If the world was populated by my "sinful" family everyone would have a warm bed and a feed tomorrow.

Those are my fathers (non religious) values

Don't give me the "sinner" bit, it's insulting to a non believer as it implies some bronze aged myth is in charge of their lives, and that they agree with all the religious slaughter you fail to compare with.

Well your talk from the beginning towards me havent been sweet talk either.  Your words towards a believer is insulting.  Dont give me that attitude now after everything youve typed to me, that just makes you a hypocrite.

If you didnt want to hear this, then you shouldnt have came to a topic with a title such as this one, especially in the Religious forums.

I have said from my very first post that I didnt want to argue, and I wasnt trying to be rude. 

And it is not a 'Bronze Age myth'   God was and God is.  And God doesnt like pride.

I do apologise if you feel I have insulted you because I wasnt trying to.  But please dont start on saying it insults you for what I said about my beliefs because I could go by every post youve typed here and pick out something insulting towards me.

Well if god doesn't like pride he is sure gonna be p*ssed with a lot of posters on here!

How about setting yourself up as having eternal life that no one else can have unless they believe what you do for pride?

God is going to be more than pissed about more than just the posters on here..

How am I setting people up?  Im not on TV telling people they NEED to do this.  I thought I was on a Religion forum where not even a 10th of the population of America is on.  And I never held myself on higher grounds than anyone else on here. I know Im not perfect and I never once said IM having eternal life, because I make mistakes too.  Its up to God to judge and decide when I die.

I told you it was a choice you have to make.  I never forced you to sit down and read your Bible or no supper for you.

I just wanted to help get the word of God out to someone who I felt needed it

If you dont wanna read it, you can just easily scroll away.  But Im seriously only trying to help tongue Stop being so hostile.  You were going on about being open minded, how come youre not?

1. Beelzedad profile image60
                      Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who YOU felt needed it? And, who are you to judge the needing of your god?

So, if we felt YOU needed an education so that you can begin thinking for yourself to understand the world around you rather than believing in magic and myth, would you be accepting that education?

smile

2. Woman Of Courage profile image59
              Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HoneyKisses, Welcome to Hubpages. I am enjoying reading your posts. smile

2. heavenbound5511 profile image66

Honeykisses-

Just so you know he never thought you were the OP he's talked/commented to me many, many times. If you would read some of his posts in the forums you'd know he went to some sorta of church before for a time period. Also that up to now his comments toward Christian beliefs remain the same . He's just messing with you.

Also the nasty prayer comment  is because you said>>
          " just pray for that person, even if you have to pray to make them miserable enough to seek out God."

Yet I don't agree with praying for someone to be miserable.
          Find a scripture that backs that up.
          I am glad you have already accepted Jesus as your Lord- the most important step in your life.

God bless you!smile

Im new here smile  I havent been around much here yet lol.

And its ok, I just want to help.  If anything, this is just helping me prepare for outreaches to stubborn people.  Lol!

Thank you, God bless you too!

3. lone77star profile image73
        lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The ego is thick on this thread. And would Earnest know anything about ego? Would he understand that ego is the root of all sin; in fact, that it is the greatest sin? After all, ego is what separated Adam from God in the Garden of Heaven. Ego is what kept all of us mortal for the last few eons.

Earnest thinks he's a body that will die in a few years, and then that's it. Bye-bye Earnest. In the bardo (a Buddhist term) after death, he won't know what hit him. Then, when someone slaps him on the butt, he will scream his little lungs out wondering how he got so tiny all of a sudden. And in a few years, all memory of Earnest will have faded as he's indoctrinated into his new life

Do people sometimes remember their past lives? Some do. And what is it that could be clouding their vision most of the time? None other than ego.

Very few remember more than this one life. The Nazarene teacher could see who John the Baptist had been, and told this to his disciples. Even John did not remember that he had been Elijah. John had been destined to do what he did to pave the way for what the founder of Christianity came to do.

Why sacrifice himself? To teach by example. Not to die on the cross, ourselves, but to sacrifice our mortal selves and that master of this world, ego. And Earnest is displaying so much ego. He's veritably swimming in it.

We are all bound by the great sin of the Garden -- ego. Only humility will cure this sense of entitlement, this sense of "I'm right and you're wrong." Even too many Christians are caught up in this ego trap -- the "us vs. them." That's why the Nazarene teacher said to turn the other cheek. In that humility, you let go of ego. In that release of ego, you once again awaken the true self, the sleeping child of God within.

You need to know the difference between gullible fools and ego I reckon. I have what is known as self worth. I can rely on myself, take the blame for my own actions and live my life without having to be such a coward that I need a proxy to take the wrap.

I have a healthy ego, you have a crutch.

No bronze aged myth runs anybody's lives! lol

Just because people turn to God does not mean we are cowards nor lack self worth...

Of course we all need to take the blame for our actions, God gave us free will!  What we choose to do is our own thinking, but when we ask for God to help us, we are not asking him to take the blame!  We ask him to guide us in the right direction. 

I dont want to be rude, but I dont think whoever taught you about the Bible and God and such taught you right!

sad

7. earnestshub profile image80

Well, you better help me with that. My days are all pretty much without any of the sort of crud your god seems so fond of doing.

I am around children a lot. My children, and their children, none of them religious, all of them doing well and caring for each other.

You must be thinking of my christian neighbors! lol

You should count your blessings, tomorrow is not guaranteed

Of course it's not guaranteed!
          I don't need to count my blessings, I engineer them. I decided to live with my family when I retired. I decide to see them before and after school. I decide to make up bedtime stories for them and enjoy their love.

I raced motorcycles and cars and have lived to the full and on the edge all my life....except for the born again christian period where I was as delusional and megalomanic as any of the christians here are.) .)
          I could be hit by a truck in the next five minutes, but if I do it ain't gonna be because of some psychotic god, it will be because I am a dumb ass and crossed against the lights. smile

But what of your soul when you die?  And what church did you go to?  I am a Christian but I know Im not delusional or megalomaniac...  I know I dont wish for that kind of power or wealth, and others may say Im being misleaded, but I know Im not.

What if its them being delusional?

1. profile image0
              Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

what soul?  believers can't even define where the soul supposedly resides in the body.  What about dog and cat souls?

1. profile image0

and no, I don't mean their paws tongue

8. Stump Parrish profile image61
      Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

Lonestar. If god is allah and allah is god, why have the followers of each been so determined to kill each other thru out the ages? There is a difference in being blind and choosing not to look again, where I have repeatedly found nothing. At least you found the humor I intended with the statement I made.

A man who is convinced of the truth of his religion is indeed never tolerant. At the least, he is to feel pity for the adherent of another religion but usually it does not stop there. The faithful adherent of a religion will try first of all to convince those that believe in another religion and usually he goes on to hatred if he is not successful. However, hatred then leads to persecution when the might of the majority is behind it."Albert Einstein

That explains the religious right's position in America.

BTW, I dont have the IP that will allow me to watch vidoes at this point. I didn't ignore the link you shared just am unable to veiw it. I dont enjoy wasting 20 minutes to watch a 4 minute video, sorry.

9. earnestshub profile image80

Informed you mean.
      I did religion in one end and out the other, If you want to discuss the pros and cons of belief, I can go page for page with you in Hebrew Greek or English.

If you want to know why a single psychotic word found it's way in to the bible just ask.

People of any period do not write psychotic controlling threatening scripture unless they are psychotic. I claim the bible is a pile of psychotic nonsense, and that the only source of psychotic nonsense is a psychotic author.

Now address the issue or refute it! smile

10. earnestshub profile image80

I don't care for the covert friendliness myself.

"We are all born sinners, thats why people go to be saved.  The heart is very deceitful, you may think youre good but without God youre not"

Your words I believe, and you know what you can do with them? smile
      Insulting.

Why not address the issue of psychosis?

Only read, or edit them and maybe delete them?

Let me elaborate -

We are all born sinners, thats why people go to be saved.  The heart is very deceitful, you may think youre morals are good enough to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven after you have died, but without confessing the Lord Jesus as your saviour and believing that He died for you and living for God, you cant.

Uh, sorry it came out wrong? :s

and I dont have psychosis, because Im not hallucinating anything or seeing anything thats not there. 

Faith is Christ is not seeing its believing.

I actualy dont know anyone in my church who hallucinate or anything.  Thats insulting.  If you worship something you have to see, its called Idolatry

I didnt know you were hanging on to every word I typed.  But seriously, for the last time, if it offends you, Im really sorry.  Like I said earlier, I wasnt trying to say anyone was devilish or hold myself on higher grounds if you read my other post.

No, Im not judging you, but I wanted to give you my point of view on what you were typing on about because I dont feel its fair for you to think about Christianity like its some delusional cult because its not.

I understand just fine!
          You believe that you are saved, and that all the poor sods like me in the world are going to rot in hell along with all the worlds poor and uneducated and the little babies being born that will die horribly not long after.
          If only they could read, we would believe what you do.

We would all be forgiven and be in the exulted position you hold by proxy from the psychotic author of one of two psychotic tomes.

If you believe that about yourself, then go ahead.  DId you see me type that?

""Why haven't you opened your mind and outgrown living your life for a ridiculous myth?""

I just saw your first post in this topic and all your other ones and knew you didnt have Jesus in your life and wanted to help.  Never once did I think you were a 'poor sod who is going to rot in hell' or else I would have just typed that in my very first post and left it at that 2 hours ago. 

And also, people who arent of age of understanding, like babies and little children dont go to hell smile

I dont know why youre getting so upset about this.  Im just helping in a way my religion has taught me.  The last thing in my mind is 'this man is going to hell'.  The first thing I thought was I wanted to share my views of what I learned with him and maybe he will see a little differently.  If you dont like what I say, then just turn away from it sad  DId I not say it was your choice from the very beginning?  But you kept going on...

Not a very good side step. lol

I asked you to address the psychotic scripture I explained to you, and you twist it off to say I am being insulting to you. I did no such thing, I am trying to have a conversation where you offer me an explanation to a perfectly honest question about what I read to be psychotic scripture.

I didnt see a psychotic scripture...? which one?

Im trying to have a conversation too but Im sitting here getting attacked!  What am I supposed to do? Lol... ?   Are you talking about the one where I said somethin about being good? I reposted it under that and worded it so that I could try to NOT offend you hmm  Because I wasnt trying to.  Im not trying to side step or  I would have turned off my computer and go to sleep by now tongue

Are you talking about this???

Informed you mean.
            I did religion in one end and out the other, If you want to discuss the pros and cons of belief, I can go page for page with you in Hebrew Greek or English.

If you want to know why a single psychotic word found it's way in to the bible just ask.

People of any period do not write psychotic controlling threatening scripture unless they are psychotic. I claim the bible is a pile of psychotic nonsense, and that the only source of psychotic nonsense is a psychotic author.

Now address the issue or refute it!

If you look at it from a psychotic point of veiw, its going to seem psychotic.  The only thing I can say to that is have faith and believe. I dont see anything threatening or controlling about it.  God gave us free will to do as we please.  smile  But the price of sin is death.

The only thing that may seem controlling that I see in the Bible is the Ten Commandments.

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'  Like I said earlier, its hard to help someone who believes they already have it all. 

But is that not how everyone should already be living their life?  Along with praising God?  Why do people consider that controlling or being delusional by following that?

In all honesty, dont you think the world would be a better place if everyone followed?  No one is asking anyone to throw their life away, but to cleanse your body of the sin and live by the commandments and live for God

Im going for now, I hope thats a decent answer.

Ill keep praying for people to find their peace with God smile  God bless you.

There are 613 commandments. Why tell me about the ten commandments? I already told you I know the bible

Try these on for size.
                Psychotic or not?

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel.  (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live.  (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
                    "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.  (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness.  (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death.  They are guilty of a capital offense.  (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.  (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Okay, I couldnt sleep for this smile!  Those are actually from the Old Testament which the law of was given to the children of Israel only  And notice how those verses are from newer translations?  The more the Bible is translated, it slowly looses its original meaning.  For English its best to read them from a King James version, I heard.

The Old Testament went out of effect when Jesus Christ died. 

Here is some verses from the New Testament

Matthew 6:19 - Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
                  20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
                  21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 19:16 - And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
                  17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
                  18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
                  19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
                  20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
                  21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
                  22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
                  23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
                  24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

1. Stump Parrish profile image61
                    Stump Parrishposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why is the OT only relevant when it is being used by christians to condemn homosexuals? Don't try and tell me it's not considered relevent by a large portion of christians today. Why don't we use the same concept when we discuss the US constitution and bill of rights? Why not simply ignore the parts you don't agree with? Oh ya, all men are created equal only applies to those who think as most christians do. Don't forget that less than 150 years ago most christians in the south felt it was their god given right to own slaves. When was the decision made that stated the OT was no longer considered important? it sure wasn't when the NT was written and a lot in the south still feel theyshould  have the right to own people.

1. profile image0

Jesus said the old law still stands, so that includes stoning children that disobey their parents

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_te … 05_17.html

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_la … 1_18b.html

11. amymarie_5 profile image67
      amymarie_5posted 12 years ago

I tell ya, if the god in the Christian bible is real than he's a crazy and irrational god. It took me years to get over all the brainwashing that was done to me as a child. Religious nuts still infuriate me.

The megalomania of religion is so damn obvious the only way to hold on to religion is to deny reality, and when so much of the bible is crap like the scripture quoted above? ..................

One needs to be blind by choice to miss it.

12. earnestshub profile image80

You missed the point........ again!

OT or NT is not the point and I am well versed in the split christians like to make with the psychotic father.

Read the OT thoroughly and you will learn why it simply can't be done.

The other thing of course is that if you accept the biblical god you accept the psychopath who wrote those thousands of sick scriptures.

Saying the laws were changed still does not deal with the original scriptures.

Who would write psychotic scripture except a psychopath?

Um, my point Ive been trying to make is the same Ive been tryin to make all along lol!  BUT have you not read up in history classes of other nations and countries who have had similar punishments?  Ex.  Assyrians, Mesopotamians.

Is that all youre holding on too, these commandments from the old scriptures?  There were not tortures from a 'psychopathic' god. It was considered justice to the ancient world and actually a progressive step to help protect women and give them rights.  The OT also showed how violent the world was, and it shows the cruelty of the devil and the righteousness of God's wrath to those that denied Him.  If the New Testament remained the same, thats a different story but it does not apply to us.

There are a bunch of quotes and verses you can find in the Bible to twist God around to look like a monster.  To even truly understand the Bible, you have to have a close relationship with the creator smile Even Im still working on that

1. profile image0

they don't even need twisting

My God is my saviour. <3  Its either you believe and follow or you dont.  If you want a full explanation of the Bible and want to argue about it, why not ask God?

My quotes are from the bible unabridged by me.

The bible or the quoran same thing.

13. earnestshub profile image80

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.  (Deuteronomy  22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.  Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you.  You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.  And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.  (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden.  When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death.  (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Death for Blasphemy

One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men.  During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name.  So the man was brought to Moses for judgment.  His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan.  They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear.  Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head.  Then let the entire community stone him to death.  Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished.  Anyone who blasphemes the LORD's name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel.  Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die.  (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Kill False Prophets

1) Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles,  and the predicted signs or miracles take place.  If the prophets then say, 'Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,' do not listen to them.  The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul.  Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone.  Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him.  The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt.  Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you.  (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)

I suppose this is not psychotic?

In our next run through we can do the NT lies if you like. smile

I believe God acted in such a way because of how humanity lived back then.  Almost everyone was living in pure sin and living however they wished, denying God.  Very similar to our world today.  But God wasnt just killing them for fun!  I honestly cant explain EVERYTHING, Likewise neither can you sit there and say God is nothing BUT cruel.  We will never be able to think at the same level as He, but we are in no position so question.

The fact that the Bible is God’s progressive revelation of Himself to us through historical events and through His relationship with people throughout history might contribute to people’s misconceptions about what God is like in the Old Testament as compared to the New Testament.

However, when one reads both the Old and the New Testaments it quickly becomes evident that God is not different from one Testament to another and that God’s wrath and His love are revealed in both Testaments.

I dont know what point you want to make, you can sit here and look at all that you consider 'cruel' but what of God's love have you pointed out yet?

btw, evilbible.com is cheating!!! lol

There is no love from the god entity.
          Love is not conditional, love does not say "You can be loved ....if."

That is not love.
          All biblical "love" is dependant on doing something for the one offering the "love" conditionally.

As far as the psychotic verses are concerned it is not relevant who a god was talking to or for what reason or when, it is the intent and threats in the text that are psychotic.

evilbible.com is cheating isn't it? I used to quote from one of my many bibles, but I don't bother as much these days, as I am talking mostly to the ignorant by choice it is quick and easy as a source.
          Anyway, I don't have any of my library with ne at this time as I got flooded out and had to take my books to my son's house. smile

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

God gave his only son so sinners born today can have a chance to repent for whatever sins they may have done.  He didnt say He would love you IF you repented, God said He loves us so hes giving us a chance to repent.  If thats not love, I dont know what is.

I mentioned evilbible because you said those verses were quoted unabridged by you. And Im glad Im not ignorant, or I wouldnt have all this knowledge God has blessed me with  smile thank you Lord.

Even if the ridiculous story were true, which it is not, jesus and god already knew he would not die, and be resurrected, so no sacrifice there!
              I was not born 2,000 years ago, so he certainly didn't do anything for me.
              The biblical story is crazy.
              A god made himself, came back as his own son then killed himself because the humans he made in his own image were duds. What a lunatic!

Crazy stuff! lol lol lol

Jesus was beaten to death in the flesh and brought back to life to live with his Father in eternity... not his flesh.

He was mutilated so much that people couldnt even recognize him after all of it.  I doubt any man would sacrifice his flesh the way he did.  Its not like He snapped His fingers and Jesus dropped dead lol!

2. DoubleScorpion profile image79
              DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

2 Gods or 1? If Jesus is the son, he can't not be god. If he is god, then he can't be the son.

Where in the verse of John 3:16 that you quoted, does it say that repentance is required. It says you have to believe in god and you will live forever. Nothing is said about sin or a requirement to repent.

Ugh sorry, I meant one .. I dunno I stayed up all night! Lol.  Something about God sacrificing His son.  Im sorry... too many capitol Hs and I dont know which to capitolize :x

And I have a verse here : 

Romans 10:9 - That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in you heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 10:10 - For with the heart one believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It is not enough to believe.  To be born again, you have to repent and get baptized.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79

So John says one thing and Saul/Paul says another?

Well I can't actually say that...It cannot be proven that the Book of John was written by "John" at least not in its entirety. And the Book of Romans, well the author for that book is debated as well.

Since there is differing versions of what is required to gain enternal life, which one is correct? And how do you choose? And if you have to choose parts or portions of the bible, then how can you be sure that how you have chosen the interpretation is correct?

I think they both pretty much say the same thing tongue  Just the baptism part.. I had notes on it somewhere

John 3:5 - Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God.
                    John 3:15 - "that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life"

From what Ive been taught, you need to repent for your sins, and confess the Lord Jesus as your saviour and believe.  Then just as Jesus had a water baptism, you have a water baptism as well.  And not just a sprinkle with holy water.  Jesus was actually sumerged in water.

Baptism signifies you dying to your old life, and being born again to your new life. I believe its just optional to get baptized, but you do it in front of people, so its like your announcing your faith in God to everyone  unless one is born of water

Its all in the Bible smile  Repent, get saved, believe, maybe get baptized.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79

I know what the bible says on the subject.

You said something key "What I've been taught", you were taught a certain process.

Jesus (who christians claim to follow) himself, stated certain things(as claimed by what is written by scribes about 50-100 years after his death)
                      "You must be born again" (Baptised by water, until after the death of Jesus, then baptised by fire (holy spirit), water not required anymore?)"

"Love the Lord, your God (not specified which God, just that it is your God) With all your Heart, Soul and Mind"

"Love your neighbor as yourself"

"Do not search among earthly things, for the kingdom of heaven is found within"

Repentance and the like was things taught by Saul/Paul, someone who never even met Jesus and only knew of his teachings from those he originally persecuted, He was never accepted by the original 11 Apostles.

Repenting (asking forgiveness for wrong)
                      Believing (accepting something as truth)
                      Not the same things....

3. Randy Godwin profile image59
              Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was god's fault he had only one begotten son.  I'll bet there were plenty of 13 year old virgins he could have knocked up without their consent if he so chose.

But what's the big deal anyway, he easily brought him back to life, didn't he?  How is it a big sacrifice to give up one's bastard child if a deity can simply make him alive again?  smile

I have actually learned a lot by this thread tongue  hehe.  We may just never truly understand God

Like Ive said many times, its all about having faith and believing.  Its a personal choice, you can keep reading evilbible and all youll truly know is the 'evil'.  Its kind of like how the mass media keeps replaying the same things over and over again to the veiwers eyes or ears and people become brainwashed by that too.

All I know is I have my testimony, which is far more that what I can explain in a hubpage.  God has been good to me and has healed me, and many others I know... and I just want others to know the goodness of God as well.

Im sorry you and many others dont see it.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
            Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What on earth makes you think you can convince any one of anything if it is all in your head? Why bother?

I'm sorry you need to insist others accept your personal testimony which exists only for you and I pity you. It causes all sorts of arguments. sad

If you say so! Lol I havent been convincing anyone to do anything, Im just spreading the word tongue  and conversing with earnesthub.  But please, dont pity me, Im great! <3

I know people will listen and some wont.  Its a fact of life, just like every other thing you teach.  Im not insisting people read it, its simply put, if you wanna read it, read it, if you dont wanna, dont!

No, I pity because you cannot see that your insane desire to "spread the word" cause so many conflicts. Its a shame. I expect you deny 2,000 years of conflicts as well. I expect you are a perfectly nice person otherwise.

Odd you did not answer my questions. What on earth makes you think any one will accept this ridiculous fairy tale based on what is in your head only?

Ask all the other people who are getting saved daily.  Its not just coming from my head only apparently!  And I didnt deny it.  I just said, we may never truly know God..  How can you call me insane when I just started this Hub thing today and have ben posting about it.  Its a conversation and to me is realy interesting, but I dont consider myself insane tongue I dont have a mental jacket on me or padded walls haha

You cant really expect me to explain it or I would sad  But Ive made a personal choice to live my life for God.

Of course arguments will arise from this, but where has argument not?  No offense to anyone but if I were gay and said it to people, would that not cause an argument?  If I said I smoked pot would that not cause an argument?  What if I made a video of myself half naked on the internet and was ok with it even though Im married, would that not cause an argument as well? 

I never did any of that.. but everything causes an argument!  Just saying!  But Id rather be living for God than the way I was before smile Thats just my veiw!

No seeing an answer to my question. You don't understand it, cannot explain it, but need to spread it and start an argument? But - that is OK because other things cause arguments as well. Gotcha. lol

I actually had the answer in my first ever post here if you had read smile  But how can you explain such a controversial topic with someone who doesnt want to undestand?  My point in saying the argument bit is to say that you, saying my beliefs are causing conflict is pointless, because there are other issues that are always going to be addressed as well.  Im not trying to start an argument.  Im letting others know that my God is a great and merciful God and if you want to argue from it, then be my guest.  Its not hurting me, there are people out that that do wish to know, believe it or not.  And others will be against it, such as every other issue these days.

If I were the only person spewing such words from my mouth, then that would be a different story.  Those people who have been saved and sought Christ have found it in their hearts to seek God, and they have found him.  I once was a non believer, I know I thought the same as you did before I decided to try giving my trust to God.

If someone doesnt want to know God, then they have a hardend heart. They most likely never will accept Christ unless maybe something happens later on in life to cause a change of heart.

Jeremiah 29:13 - "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Gotcha big_smile

TO SUMMARIZE - As many times as Ive stated before, its a personal choice that one has to make for themselves!  They have to WANT to know God, from the very depths of their heart before they will really believe. smile

You cant force anyone to believe, its their choice, but by spreading the word, all people (At least, this is what IM doing) are doing is trying to tell you that God is out there to help you if you want it.  You just have to accept it.

If they dont want too, theres nothing you can do but pray!  smile I seriously mentioned this a lot

I don't read evil bible and have held my view for 35 years.

I just quote from it to answer the easy ones, already knowing the scriptures are the same as at least two of my bibles.

You might as well.  It fits everything youve pointed out to me. hmm

Well, it is called evilbible! lol
                Ever compared the bible and the quoran?
                The Quoran has several thousand more psychotic threats than the bible, but a few thousand either way is not many of the 36,000 or so.

Nope, I havent read one before actually tongue  But Ive heard they are ver similar

1. amymarie_5 profile image67
                    amymarie_5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

If God is great and can do anything he wants, why would he send his ONLY son to be born and be tortured?  For us?  That doesn't make any sense.  Why would he have to do that?  Why would he let Jesus suffer if he can do anything? For the fun of it? Seems rather sadistic to me.

The process is psychotic, plain and simple. smile

2. profile image0

this one looks interesting - skeptics annotated bible

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/index.htm

1. profile image0

even more amusing is the bricks bible

http://www.bricktestament.com/

14. JDeAngelis profile image60
      JDeAngelisposted 12 years ago

Like Jesus I've accepted the Father as my God.

Good for you! lol

<3

15. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 12 years ago

I am so much GREATER than whatever this biblical god thing is!

I have one son whom I love so profoundly that I would die, in a New York moment, to save his life!!!!!

I'll be damned if I'd let HIM suffer and die to save the lives of any one of you or all of humanity combined!

NOW THAT'S LOVE!....that this biblical, fairytale god thing isn't capable of!

This biblical god thing PROVED, too may times to count, in the fairytales told in bible, that he isn't capable of "love," by murdering tens-of-thousands of his creations while experiencing jealous rage! Even let US kill his alledged son! Is this god thing insane?

Then? HE KILLED 'EM ALL BUT FEW AND ALL BUT A FEW OF EVERY OTHER EARTHLY LIFE...by drowning!....are you all nuts? Why would any sane human being want to spend eternity worshipping this psychotic, murderous, megalomaniac?

If you believe in this weirdo, psychotic biblical god thing, logic would dictate that you MUST BE as wierd as "it is!!!"

But when ya break it down, the whole damned human species is WEIRD!!

See what a a fresh, hot cuppa caffeine does to me! smile:

I gotta get another cup!

Qwark

1. amymarie_5 profile image67
        amymarie_5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't of said it better myself!  Of course it's damn near impossible to get this through to people who would rather not think for themselves.  Trust me I have these types in my family.  Everytime you prove them wrong, they go back to 'oh you poor thing, you just don't understand.'  Why do they say that?  Because they can't prove a damn thing they believe.

1. qwark profile image60
          qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Amy:
          ....'cause they're the weirdest of the weird!  smile:
          Qwark

16. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 12 years ago

Well, God did create man to his image. hmm

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile: "Alledgedly." smile:
        Qwark

2. profile image0

apparently god has loins of fire

17. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

"Why haven't you accepted Jesus and ask God to fill you with His spirit?"

Imaginary friends are not a good sign... smile

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

paradigm, leave my friends out of this...

2. profile image0

Hi there, para!  Haven't seen you around in a while! big_smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Life's adventures continues; thus my not being around. smile

18. www.lookseenow profile image62
      www.lookseenowposted 12 years ago

Are you questioning me why haven’t I accepted Jesus and ask God to fill me with His spirit?  How do you know whether we do, or not?  Such a broad supposition is judgmental.  If you’re going to quote Bible verses, then give your references so we can prove to ourselves the good, acceptable, and perfect will of God (Romans 12:2)

Even Jehovah’s Witnesses would never do that. Such a presentation would certainly turn people off, and we can expect many slammed doors, because it’s labeled already!  An accusation!  You do not know me, and I do not know you, so how can I accuse you.  Do you know Jesus?  You have a right to reply:
            “That’s not my business.”
      I don’t throw punches either, but I pummel my body and lead it as a slave, that, after I have preached to others, I myself should not become disapproved somehow. (1 Corinthians 9:27)

It is for those that have not- smile
        So if you have why even bother complaining that I ask something that doesn't pertain to you.
        Jehovah witnesses are different than Following Christ/ Christians.
        God Bless you.

19. paradigmsearch profile image60

Who here, if anyone, still believe in imaginary friend?

20. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 12 years ago

You just described how a person can become delusional.  How frightening!
      ======   

me
         You frighten way to easily me thinks

==  --

Yet none of you have produced any evidence of this God you speak of.  Telling us that there is a God out there, then providing NOTHING as verification is dishonest, insulting, and just plain silly.
      = = - = -

I don't care who you are,  we can not prove an emotion or thought.  we might say that we can prove someone else has the same thought and clame this as self validation;   but is it really?  Prove it.

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here we go again. 

Why can't you just be straightforward, Jerami?  Why is there a need to come in from the flank, when you could just be straightforward?

The things that believers will do to hold on to their silly debunked nonsense.

1. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I spent a long time writing a great answer for you.
          All the right words;   then I told myself,  "Self, Why would you say that?"

so good night yawl

21. Stump Parrish profile image61
      Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

Just had a thought Bailey, maybe that's why atheists are the most dispised people in this country, they know more about the bible than those who claim to live it.

1. www.lookseenow profile image62
        www.lookseenowposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I disagree.  Every atheist I encounter never lets me even read a Bible verse to him/her

Could that be because they already know the bible from a-hole to breakfast time, and have a better knowledge of the scriptures than those who are simply indoctrinated?

1. Jefsaid profile image69
            Jefsaidposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely!  My father being of British colonial upbringing and having the memory of an elephant, knew the bible inside out because it was a key part of colonial indoctrination.  He knew it so well that he quickly made his own judgement that it was a load of baloney.

I used to watch with some amusement during family gatherings, recalling one particular relative who was a pastor, how my father would systematically take his adversary apart during religious debates with links to historical facts and demonstration of ridiculous contradictions.  What I always found intriguing was his vastly superior knowledge of the book over those who tried to preach their blind indoctrination to him. Eventually, they would simply revert to suggesting he was a sinner (as if that would some how have an impact on him) rather than challenge him any further on the details of a faith to which his knowledge was vastly superior.

2. profile image0

I'm confident that the unbelievers on here have read the bible.  Some came to unbelief from reading the bible

2. getitrite profile image71
          getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You seem to run into all the exceptions.  Isn't that amazing!

3. Evolution Guy profile image58

Why would I want you reading nonsense at me?

22. earnestshub profile image80

I dunno, it doesn't worry me if a few people have a different sexuality than me, I don't think the world will be short of people as a consequence. smile

No, maybe not.

Im not too sure how I feel about it though.  But it does bug me when Im at a drive thru and I respond "Thank you ma'am" after getting my total, and I pull up to the window and its a man wearing lip gloss and a Lady Gaga - Born This Way bracelet.

big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image59

What's even worse is when the guy looks more feminine than the women working there!  lol

Ya get used to it.
          I lived in down-town Melbourne for 22 years. Every colour, every language every religion, every sex.

In time you will recognise they're all pretty much OK. smile

Hey, I never said they werent ok.

But if youre a man, be a man.

That sounds like you don't think their OK.

Personality wise, many are ok.  Just like straight people.

But if youre of the male gender, then stick to your clothing and accessories and not wear bras and wigs  or makeup to make yourself look like a chick.

I don't concern myself with what anyone wears much or their sexual preferences.
                  I know what my own sexuality is, and no one seems to bother telling me about theirs.

Psh, well I do.  Its the first thing I have to see when I first look at that person.  yikes!

Same for females too.  Dont spend all that time getting ready and forget you have a rear end, please.

I know a few women who would like to forget about their rear ends. lol

2. Evolution Guy profile image58

Is that what god told you to say into your head?

If you want to think that then Ill humor you, so... yeah sure smile

I was just asking. Isn't that how it tells you what to tell other people they should be doing?

3. profile image0
                  Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You may not have taken the time to consider this, but many of these people you are uncomfortable with are not unaware of your opinion. They've struggled for years to fit into a mold they weren't born into. They knew that people  would laugh at them, so they remained miserable; because they didn't want to be judged. Until it came to the point where they couldn't live, what they perceived to be, a lie anymore.

I'm not certain why another person's choices in dress are our business, but I'd prefer to think I was accepting enough to allow others to be true to themselves, than feel that disapproving remarks would suffice in pushing them into a lifestyle that deprived them of their happiness.

You're obviously religious. Instead of wanting others to be unhappy and conform to your standards, it might be better to thank your god that you were born a conformist, so you wouldn't have to choose between being who you felt you were made to be, or being judged by others.

Bravo!!!

1. profile image0
                      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. My jaw gets a little torqued when I hear things like that. I might as well turn my nose up at someone who parts their hair in the middle. It's personal preference. As long as they like who they see when they look in the mirror, that's the most that matters. Everyone has the right to be happy, whether the religious like it or not.

2. profile image0

Yes, earnest, you do realize they're all pretty much OK...because if you stop with the judgment and the presumption, you realize that they're all just PEOPLE!  And, whether you're religious, spiritual, or otherwise, all PEOPLE are meant to be loved and respected for who they ARE!  It's difficult enough sometimes to figure out who you are, let alone figure out that who you are isn't who others THINK you should be.  For heaven's sake, folks, stop judging - stop assuming - stop behaving as though you know what's best for anyone and everyone.  Most of us are still in the process of trying to figure out what's best for ourselves.  Who the hell are we to judge what another person does or wears?  IF you believe in God, leave it to God to judge and try doing what HE told you for a while - LOVE.  Love them if they're different from you.  Love them if they're similar to you.  Love them if they believe differently, see differently, behave differently.  And, if you can't, then keep your yap shut.

Wow MC I think that is about as hot as I've seen you get about any subject. smile

1. profile image0

Yeah, earnest, I do have some hot button issues.  The crass judgment and mistreatment of people who are "different" is probably the biggest one.  Polemic diatribes about homosexuality and anything related to it usually set me on fire.  And truth be told, I'm just not about judging or mistreating ANYONE.  I am a believer in the Christian God, that's no secret, but I believe that everyone was created as they should be - for whatever reason - and the simple fact that they are people - with hearts, rational thinking minds, beautiful souls and spirits - is enough for me to love them, and fight for their fair, equitable, and loving treatment by others.

Now, you see why sometimes I'm more popular with unbelievers than with those who claim to be my brothers and sisters in Christ?  HAHA

Well, I see a lot better rationale than your detractors. smile

I am very pleased to see others who are relaxed about different people.
                  If we can work it into a real art form we may bring world peace! smile

1. profile image0

Right on, my friend.  Some of my dearest and most sincere friends are people who are VERY different from me, in almost every area of life.  I have friends who are gay, friends in don't believe in any god, friends who believe in many, straight friends who think marriage is a crock, friends to whom I'm politically a polar opposite.  BUT, they are my friends and I love them.  No matter what.  And, that acceptance and consistent love is what makes peace (whether it be in my life, or in the world at large).

Whew.  I think I need another cup of coffee if this is what the forums have to throw our way today...lol

smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
                      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If all Christians were like you there would be not problems at all smile

23. Bucks here profile image60
      Bucks hereposted 12 years ago

God is great to those who have met him.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59

You are correct!  Thor is my favorite of all the gods, except for Moe, of course!  smile

1. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
          HOOWANTSTONOposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hope he did something  positive for you.

24. paradigmsearch profile image60

Absolutely, categorically does not exist. You will realize that someday.

25. paradigmsearch profile image60

There is no "caring God".

To imagine other is psychiatric. Anyone over the age of 50 will tell you the error of your logic and/or faith.

Of course we are not the most superior intellect in the universe.

But to think that the “higher power” gives a damn about any specific individual is just plain egocentric fallacy.

26. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 12 years ago

I quote myself from my hubpages profile:

..."there is no "grande" plan, there is no 'caring" force. The appearance of life is strictly by chance and that the success of all life is dependent upon it's ability to adapt and evolve. Life either succeeds or fails. Either way, the universe will not "twitch."

The religious
      "...cannot conceive of the notion that they are absolutely insignificant and mortal. The possiblity of immortality, at this stage of their evolution does not exist."

Qwark

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)