do you like wearing high heel shoes?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 72 discussions (95 posts)
  1. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I hate wearing high heels.

1. rI@n@ profile image60
      rI@n@posted 13 years agoin reply to this

no, im more of a trainer person.

2. Genna East profile image82
      Genna Eastposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I used to wear them all the time, but not as much recently.   I don't find the newer styles as attractive, and the stilettos are uncomfortable.

3. wilrhoades profile image56
      wilrhoadesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love them most for formal occasions.

4. wilrhoades profile image56
      wilrhoadesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love them most for formal occasions.

5. profile image0
      CollBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes for formal occasions and work.  At other times, no as I prefer the more comfortable casuals, flatties which makes my in-step flatter but I would still wear these over high heels.

6. waverly walker profile image59
      waverly walkerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Though high heels may make our feet uncomfortable, i still like to wear them to attend some social gatherings. That's because they can reveal a kind of elegance and temperament.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4949102.jpg

7. funkyfan profile image59
      funkyfanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like high heels so much, but I am not good at them. I feel hurt with them in walking long way.

8. ohsoamberx profile image61
      ohsoamberxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love wearing high heels, they make me feel confident, sexy, classy, girly, and pretty. I think it is because girls used to only wear high heels so I just feel so much more put together. I also think heels can take any outfit from boring to cute.
      I am pretty good at walking in them too, I can do a cartwheel in heels lol.

1. girlwithin profile image60
        girlwithinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree except for the cartwheels and I can't do those in flats!

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

No, I don't

1. Anath profile image62
      Anathposted 13 years ago

I love them: stilettos, platforms, sandals, boots, chunky heels. 

Sometimes they can be painful after a long day/night but I find that if they are well made (good cut and top materials) they are not uncomfortable.

1. jondav profile image70
        jondavposted 13 years ago

no, but then i'm a man.

**disclaimer**
        the author of the above post realises that some men like to wear high heels, and there is nothing wrong with that.

2. Cyrsti Hart profile image61
        Cyrsti Hartposted 13 years ago

Since I'm a tall girl at 5'9" sometimes I feel heels give me an unwanted height "advantage". Although it is certainly for tall women to wear heels these(with the help of the runway models)I still like to be a little shorter than my man who is 6'2.
        Boots however, are a different story! We both like a heel on my boots!
        Cyrsti

1. profile image0
          Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not the heels they are making nowadays! You look at it and you don't know if it is a shoe or just a weapon! They all end up in discount stores anyway. Stupid.

2. Stacie L profile image89
          Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

I honestly can't remember the last time I wore a pair of high heels...big_smile

1. fashion-mommy profile image62
            fashion-mommyposted 13 years ago

I love wearing high heels and frankly feel so much more glamourous in them, but I have a 22month old, so they don't lend themselves to be life as easily as they used to! Still, I do enjoy looking at them!!!

1. MrsJdenim profile image59
              MrsJdenimposted 13 years ago

I love the attention the very sound of high heels brings when I walk in them . I notice no men can resist looking at my shoes when they hear that sound. I do love wearing 3 inch heels that are sexy.

Once in a while I role play with my husband and have him wear some pumps . He loves wearing them and seeing me in them !

High heels are awesome !

1. ambieca profile image59
                ambiecaposted 13 years ago

I like wearing them because they make me feel good about myself.  I feel prettier if that makes any sense at all. not that a pair of shoes can make you prettier.  Im a stay at home mom right now so when I do have a chance to wear them it is few and far between and so I dress up nice and put on my heels and Im out with my husband.  So I feel like a lady.  Now if I had to wear them all day everday I may not feel the same : )

1. YU_First 1 profile image61
                  YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

am 5ft 9" and always wear high heels and the more you wear them the easiesr they get to have on... on a regular basis.

2. Tirzah Laughs profile image60
                Tirzah Laughsposted 13 years ago

I don't like them.  Some clothes require them and I can't wear those clothes, that makes me sad.

I damaged a disc in my back and wrenched my knee, I'll never be able to wear heels.

I don't like for me feet to hurt and never particularly liked them to begin with because most of them hurt.

But I do find that other shoes don't make me feel feminine.  I feel more sexy with them but I guess that's gone for good.

And nice clothes almost require them.  You can't wear a dress up dressy dress with flats, it looks ridiculous.  So I find I avoid dressy clothes because I can't find shoes that work.

1. profile image0
                  Anouserposted 13 years ago

At which age can a girl start wearing high heels?

1. Moxyl profile image71
                    Moxylposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love high-heels yet at the same time I know how it altered the shape of my big toes and how sore my legs and feet can get after wearing them.

I wouldn't recommend it to teenagers whose body is still developing smile They got whole lot of chance to wear it afterwards.

2. KristenGrace profile image59
                    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

LOVE high heels... But gotta admit, I love sandals/flip flops, too.

Not so much the sneakers.

3. profile image58
                    jaywane01posted 13 years ago

Yes, I love wearing high heels because it makes my legs look longer and shapely

1. Angarastone profile image57
                      Angarastoneposted 13 years ago

Yes. I like wearing high heel shoes. Because my leg comfortable in high heel shoes.

1. EBBlogs profile image61
                        EBBlogsposted 13 years ago

LOOOVVVVEEE heels.  I am 5'7" but am totally sure God meant 5'9.75" SO I always measure to make sure it is at least a 2.85" heel.  I look thinner and younger up here.

2. acaetnna profile image70
                        acaetnnaposted 13 years ago

High heels are completely sexy and worn correctly with a lovely straight back can't be beaten.  They are not the most comfortable shoes to wear for hours but they look stunning. Great for making you legs look longer! Must add to my collection!

1. profile image54
                          sunny5555posted 13 years ago

I love wearing high heels, 1 inch or 4 inches,

1. MissE profile image78
                            MissEposted 13 years ago

Love them!!!  I wouldn't wear them everyday though.  Just for special occasions.

1. payal_72 profile image55
                              payal_72posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

2. Disturbia profile image60
                              Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Do I like wearing high heel shoes?  YES!

3. Hotplate profile image61
                              Hotplateposted 13 years ago

Who is this hidious looking woman that keeps being posted for no apparent reason?

4. Botanica Beauty profile image61
                              Botanica Beautyposted 13 years ago

We love wearing high heel shoes (well the girls here do anyway lol)

5. yenajeon profile image71
                              yenajeonposted 13 years ago

Of course I'm obsessed with shoes, including heels! I can go confidently up to 4 inches. BUT, after 1-2 hours, I'm done!

There's only so much a girl can do!

6. lindacee profile image86
                              lindaceeposted 13 years ago

No, can't do it. Love my ballet flats. I do have a couple pairs of boots with 2-inch heels, but they are Aerosoles and are like walking on clouds, so they don't count!

7. camlo profile image85
                              camloposted 13 years ago

I wore platforms during the 70s, but I wouldn't do it now. Firstly, it would look a bit strange nowadays, and secondly, I've grown since then - to 6 ft. Don't really want to be any taller.

8. Joy56 profile image67
                              Joy56posted 13 years ago

i would love to wear high heels but i must admit whenever i see others in high heels i feel their pain.......

9. couturepopcafe profile image60
                              couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Love the way they look, hate the way they feel.

10. pearl1314 profile image58
                              pearl1314posted 13 years ago

Oo  i don't like wear high heels ,but i can't ,
                              i'm small girl and my mother want me to wear

1. Pearldiver profile image67
                                Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting Name hmm
                                What Oyster are you from? smile

11. Donna Janelle profile image67
                              Donna Janelleposted 13 years ago

I lvoe wearing high heels! They always make me feel more confident when I am wearing them. I can't wear them every day though...I have to give my feet a break sometimes!! smile

12. evvy_09 profile image61
                              evvy_09posted 13 years ago

I love heels especially with boots.  It's kind of hard to find good ones though. No pointy toes and I like the chunky heels.

13. nicnac profile image60
                              nicnacposted 13 years ago

Absolutely!! The confidence boost you get when you find the perfect heels to go with a dress, and knowing that your legs look good in them and your walking tall (well... tryin to..);however popping some flats in your bag for the end of the night is, as the mastercard people say.. priceless!!

1. Fashionista23 profile image58
                                Fashionista23posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aren't you worried about falling over on the sidewalk .. if you've had alot to drink at some point in your night?

14. Greek One profile image64
                              Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

No, but I do it for the attention and the stares

15. Whidbeywriter profile image81
                              Whidbeywriterposted 13 years ago

I used to love wearing them and then I got a little older and wiser and my back just can't handle it.....but they do look awesome!

16. shape_shifter profile image60
                              shape_shifterposted 13 years ago

Nope, can't stand 'em.

17. Lisa HW profile image61
                              Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I like heels.  Slightly higher heels is next best. I hate the feel of walking in super-flat shoes. but last week was the first time I wore heels in over a year.  (Did a whopper of a leg injury last year.)  Getting to wear heels again had such an impact on me I wrote a whole Hub about just a day or so ago.   smile

18. JustJets profile image60
                              JustJetsposted 13 years ago

I ADORE HEELS! Not only does it add some more inches to my rather small figure, but it also increases my self-confidence! I feel so much sexier wearing them. smile

19. MichelleArakaki profile image60
                              MichelleArakakiposted 13 years ago

Yes i do!

20. jagandelight profile image69
                              jagandelightposted 13 years ago

Because of my height I never used to like heels, I was always a flat shoe person whether it be shoes, sandals or slippers.

Today I like wearing heels but I will not go beyond a 2 inch heel. I find myself liking them because they add sexiness to an outfit,shoes can make or break your look.

21. profile image52
                              pagesHubposted 13 years ago

I have a slight handicap, so I cannot wear heels!  : (   I would really LOVE to wear 1 1/2" - 2" pumps, but it's impossible for me.  I have solved the problem by getting a simple pair of lace-up oxfords -- in GOLD LEATHER!  I have recieved SO MANY COMPLIMENTS on these shoes...more than I ever would have gotten on plain pumps!  I have read that the actress, CLAUDIA CHRISTIAN, (who appeared in "Babylon 5" on TV, and the movie "The Hidden", amongst other things), is fore-square AGAINST high heels.  And no wonder!  Even when I feel OK, they are Still hard to walk in, (even though they look beaautiful!)  Hmmmm...men have "riser" shoes, to help them look taller...why can't women have them?  (I've never seen them).  Although 2" heels and below look lovely, 5" and above look....un-ladylike!  And I really DO hate it when heels make so much NOISE!  It's like the wearer is proclaiming her arrogant disregard for the rest of humanity!

22. sydneyberyl profile image60
                              sydneyberylposted 13 years ago

It depends on what kind of heel some are tolerable but some I can maybe do 4 hours in and thats bout it! wink LOL

23. Princessa profile image82
                              Princessaposted 13 years ago

Love them, actually I don't have any other type of shoes.  I don't own a single pair of trainers.  For me is high heels or nothing.
                              When I was forced to wear flat shoes (after an operation) I had terribly sore feet and couldn't wait to go back to my heels.  I later discovered that the condition is rather common in people who constantly wear high heels.

1. luvpassion profile image62
                                luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I as well wear heels regularly instead of flats for that reason Princessa. I haven't encountered the condition....you have me curious.

I do find time for my tennis shoes though. smile

1. Princessa profile image82
                                  Princessaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Apparently high heels weaken your ankles because of their lack of mobility and zero contact with the floor and calf muscles are shortened causing pain when you wear flat shoes. 

Here is the medical explanation: http://www.askthedoctor.com/index.php/t … shoes.html

2. know one profile image60
                                know oneposted 13 years ago

I love them. I love the way they look, and especially how great they make your legs look. I love the way they just make an outfit complete. I don't love how much they hurt the balls of your feet after you've been dancing!

3. YYAnne profile image56
                                YYAnneposted 13 years ago

I love high heels very much

4. profile image0
                                Helpful Hannaposted 13 years ago

I think they look great, but I have a tough time walking in them.  The heel itself seems taller and skinnier than they used to be.  Plus, they have such a thick platform.  Oh man, I must be getting old!

5. Mrs asif profile image60
                                Mrs asifposted 13 years ago

I like to wear high heels because it gives the perfect body shape especially when going for a party or on date in a five star hotel.i have 21 pairs of high heels in nearly all colors.I simply love them.

6. amesplaza profile image73
                                amesplazaposted 13 years ago

As much as they hurt my feet, nothing makes me feel better than a pair of heels. They make me feel powerful for some reason. I just love them.

7. profile image0
                                Precious Williamsposted 13 years ago

I love wearing high heels and no they don't hurt. They give me confidence, make me feel sexy and beautiful.

8. AngelaPereira profile image63
                                AngelaPereiraposted 13 years ago

I like high heels but I have to admit that I do not feel very comfortable using them on my daily life. As many have said, I agree that high heels increase our self-confidence and bring us a lot of attention, but I can not walk in them for a long time because they hurt my feet.
                                So usually I just wear any type of flat shoes.

9. profile image49
                                DarkEssenceposted 13 years ago

I only wear heels that are between 2 and 3 inches these days.  Anything else is too hard to walk in.

10. cheaptrick profile image74
                                cheaptrickposted 13 years ago

Yes...I like the way they make my butt all perky and cute.....is he...is he?...is he?...Hmmm
                                Love you ladies,the greatest blessing God gave men!...except my EX...and my mom...and that chick that keeps peeping in to my bathroom...well...maybe not her...

11. loveingyou profile image60
                                loveingyouposted 13 years ago

I love to wear stilletos, and find them very comfortable. I love the style, and personally, I am always able to find amazingly comfortable shoes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
                              Necessary
                              HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
                              LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
                              Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
                              AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
                              HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
                              HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
                              Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
                              CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
                              Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
                              Features
                              Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
                              Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                              Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
                              Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                              Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                              VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                              PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                              Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                              MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
                              Marketing
                              Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                              Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                              Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                              SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                              Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                              Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                              AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                              OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                              Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                              TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                              Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
                              Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
                              Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
                              Statistics
                              Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
                              ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
                              Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
                              ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)