What is your favorite Florida beach, Why?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Kurant82 profile image60
    Kurant82posted 13 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3824515_f248.jpg
    I am looking for anyones favorite beach in Florida to give me ideas of places in Florida i should visit I have not yet been to.

1. profile image52
      marymaloneposted 13 years agoin reply to this
    2. profile image51
      beccaboo329posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sand Key Beach
      and
      Anna Maria Island

Sand Key is right near Clearwater Beach, but is much less populated than Clearwater. You get the best of both worlds: the fun atmosphere and shopping areas of Clearwater Beach in walking distance from Sand Key, but also the relaxing, private beach area as well. smile

Anna Maria Island is beautiful and somewhat undiscovered. It stretches out so far that it leaves lots of room for you to spread out and give you that private beach feeling.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Naples s/w

1. cobrien profile image61
          cobrienposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

3. cobrien profile image61
      cobrienposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you seen Naples yet?

4. Miss Paula profile image41
      Miss Paulaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like clear water my self,the gulf side of Florida  is so much nicer.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, I think so, numerous Gulf Beaches always top Best Beaches list. The sand is so white and soft, the water is much more clear.
        The sunsets are amazing.

2. cobrien profile image61
    cobrienposted 13 years ago

I've been all over Florida and prefer Naples and Bonita Beach. The sunsets are beautiful and white sugar sand accelerates tanning. I've seen dolphins perform on Bonita Beach. The popular public beaches offer showers and restrooms. Some offer concessions. A few have playgrounds and boat rental.
    For some hip entertainment on the beach, try Ft. Myers Beach. You can catch a trolley from Bonita. Take any little ones to Tigertail Beach on Beautiful Marco Island. Naples is a beautiful town; Think of the beauty of some of Miami. Naples is expensive between Halloween and Easter, but then the prices for motels and such drop in half. I don't think the Florida summer heat and sun will bother you.

3. profile image0
    thedietviewposted 13 years ago

i loved miami beach in florida was really beautiful even on a cold day smile

hope u like my pic  smile

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4660965_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
      thedietviewposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it was taken on 21 dec 2010

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Daytona Beach, because it's the only one that I've been to!

5. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Anna Maria Island - clear turquoise water, white powder sand

St. Joe Beach - clear water, white sand, no undertow, no crowds

Amelia Island - great fishing and atmosphere

6. Bellamie profile image60
    Bellamieposted 13 years ago

Cocoa Beach is great for family vacation.  The water's great and there's shopping closeby.

7. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I've liked South Beach only because of the combination of night life on the shore was so great. There's so many great beaches in Florida, it would be hard for me to pic just one.

8. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 13 years ago

Panama City Beach and the jetties are a great place to snorkel. I loved going there when I lived in the south.

9. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

my very favorite is Caladesi Island off the Dunedin causeway.

other favorites are all on the Gulf coast;
    Honeymoon Island- off the same Dunedin causeway, gorgeous
    Sand Key Beach- beautiful white sands, secluded
    Passe a Grille- great beach community with amazing sunsets
    Indian Rock Beach- amazing sunsets
    Clearwater Beach is full of fun, white powder sand and clear water.
    Siesta Key- fun, beautiful, tropical

snorkeling in the Keys is an amazing experience. don't forget sunscreen!

10. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

Sanibel & Captiva Islands near Fort Meyers and St. Armand’s Key near Sarasota

11. scubadoggy profile image69
    scubadoggyposted 13 years ago

Probably Destin up in the panhandle, because it's the clearest water in all of Florida!  You can stand in chest deep water and see your toes, you can't do that anywhere else...

12. Journey * profile image67
    Journey *posted 13 years ago

I loved South Beach. It was awesome.

13. profile image49
    ShortStoryposted 13 years ago

Well, there was this one girl when I was in college who...oh, you said "beach." Sorry.

14. scubadoggy profile image69
    scubadoggyposted 13 years ago

My favorite beach in Florida is proabably Fort De Soto Park, near St. Petersburg, because it's not as well known and it's also been voted the number one beach before by Dr. Beach...

15. profile image52
    whitelewisposted 13 years ago

Hey Guys, I have visited so many beaches in Florida. But I love Daytona Beach. What is your opinion on this. I think Daytona Beach is the lovely beach in Florida.

16. dearabbysmom profile image71
    dearabbysmomposted 13 years ago

Sanibel/Captiva island. The "one way in and out" causeway keeps a lot of tourists from making the trip, because traffic can be bad. These islands have not allowed as much condo construction, and are more a throw-back to a kinder, gentler day.

17. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Depends on what'cha like to do.

I lifeguarded 3 yrs on Ft.Laud Bch.

Loaded with ladies and night life and the beach is 4 miles of sand and palm trees.

The diving is great from one end of the beach to the other.

Fishin' is great offshore and it's only 190 miles to Key West.

Bookoo beaches all the way down the Keys.

Ya can catch a cruise ship outa Port Everglades and cruise the Bahamas.

Bimini and Nassau are fun and the beaches are fantastic.

Surfin' is good just a few miles N in the Boca Raton area

I'll stick with Ft. Lauderdale.

Qwark

18. jorja kick profile image72
    jorja kickposted 13 years ago

I love jacksonville beach!!!! So many places to eat and it is clean and beautiful
    jorjakick

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)