What Pets Do You Have?

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 167 discussions (202 posts)
  1. Teresa McGurk profile image60
    Teresa McGurkposted 10 years ago

The LG cats are suitably sophisticated felines.

1. LondonGirl profile image81
      LondonGirlposted 10 years agoin reply to this

They were abandoned, tied up in a bin bag, along with two dead sblings, aged about 6 weeks.

Sophie is rather lovely herself.

2. Teresa McGurk profile image60

That's Sophie.  Raised from she was about 17 days old -- must have been carried off by a critter or flying critter, and dropped by her assailant.  I've dropped her a few times myself.

3. Shayna89 profile image59
    Shayna89posted 10 years ago

i have:

4 cats (Princess, Lucky, Magoo and Kira who is mine)
    1 dog Piper (hes not the smartest dog but he is so awesome!)

So far in my life i have had 5 dogs, couple daegoos(sorry cant spell), and like a million cats lol. used to live on a farm so cats had babies like mad. hehe.

4. Matt Harless profile image61
    Matt Harlessposted 10 years ago

I have two dogs. One Beagle name Pongo and one Schnoodle name Guido.

5. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 10 years ago

Elijah (on the left) and Yossie (on the right). Found on the last day of Passover, when the prophet Elijah may show up.

To put in a photo, click on the "BBcode" thing, and inset the URL of your chosen photo into the code-string-thingy it lists under "images". And voila!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/neverdespairgirl/Isaac/Isaacatwork.jpg

6. Teresa McGurk profile image60

yup.  done that.  I don't know why it won't work.

7. Teresa McGurk profile image60

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21176574@N03/2110152077/sizes/s//

Mr. Wm. McGonagall

Teresa McGurkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

here's Lily:
      http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2379/2111129301_0638a5c485.jpg?v=0/

and here's Willum:
      http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2022/2110152077_7b29091b0a.jpg?v=0/

8. LondonGirl profile image81

you cut and paste the code thingy, then cut and paste your url in between the gaps.

9. Teresa McGurk profile image60

. . .and here are Lily and Sophie:
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2236/2110152131_5e13cc7646.jpg?v=0/

10. LondonGirl profile image81

what a lovely photo! Do they always get on so well?

Teresa McGurkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, yes -- the dogs helped me raise Sophie, nudging her around with their noses when she was tiny.

11. Pam Roberson profile image72
    Pam Robersonposted 10 years ago

Ah Teresa! Very cute photo!

Okay...2 dogs here, one shepherd/golden mix named Halo, and one black lab named Shadow (a.k.a. Moose). Also one cat named Greasy Cat, and she's the one in my avatar pic. smile

12. ajcor profile image61
    ajcorposted 10 years ago

Two dogs - one black Lab. Humphrey (humpy) and one small fox terrier cross Jack Russel (sweet pea) - in my  avatar - Harriett. cheers

13. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 10 years ago

I have a beautiful rabbit named "pigglefoot" who runs around the house and is the proud owner of an entire enclosed porch of her own

I also have a small peke/cocker mix -who is a crazy little bastid, who was returned to the spca 6 times! before i saved him (mostly cuz he looke dlike falcor from the neverending story)

At one point I had over 20 rabbits - but I gave them to a farm when i moved to the city -they are now an excess of 100 lionhead rabbits running loose on the farm - very cool sight

14. ronscorp79 profile image60
    ronscorp79posted 10 years ago

i have...
    4 pomeranian (bella, delon, mona, luna)
    1 pudel (be2)
    1 golden (beauty)
    1 kintamani (chi2)
    1 pug (nicko)

http://doggiedog.co.cc

15. pauljorg profile image61
    pauljorgposted 10 years ago

I've got 2 cavalier spaniels and a tabby cat. The dogs lovely chewing on the cat's ears and tail!

16. __anton__ profile image61
    __anton__posted 10 years ago

I have two cats and two turtles! Here is a photo of my cute little kitten Izzy:

http://petzume.com/images/users/8/large … 2741PM.jpg

17. GiftedGrandma profile image61
    GiftedGrandmaposted 10 years ago

I have two cats, Shadow (calico), Black Beauty (black), came to us as older feral kittens.

18. footynut profile image61
    footynutposted 10 years ago

I also have two cats called Mollie and Pippin smile

19. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 10 years ago

Currently we have four rats. smile

They are loyal, affectionate, and full of spunk. I've had six different rats throughout my life and each one has a unique personality!

If only they lived longer...

But they come when they're called, they lick you to death, and they have a tendency to follow you. And take whatever food you've got, or at least a piece. They're true commis! smile

20. profile image0
    sandieganlizposted 10 years ago

I have a beta fish name Sarabella and a recent lizard named Lucky. That's it!

21. C.Ferreira profile image67
    C.Ferreiraposted 10 years ago

I've got a puppy, a red-eared slider(turtle), and a cornsnake! Hopefully getting another dog and a cat in the near future. Animals are fun eh?

22. Lucey Knight profile image76
    Lucey Knightposted 10 years ago

I have three dogs.  My first one is Andy.  When we adopted him we were told he was a Chihuhua, but after a visit to the vet we found out he is a Italian Greyhound.  He is a hoot.  We decided a few months after getting Andy that he needed a friend to keep him company while we worked and we found Chance.  Chance is a red Chihuhua.  He was attacked by a Pitbull and wasn't expected to live.  He is doing really well.  He is a little snuggler.  And last but certainly not least we have a Pug named Gussie.  A friend of mine from work owned her previously, however she has a small child who is facing a surgery and my friend felt she couldn't give Gussie the proper care she needs.  They are all three wonderful.  I wouldn't trade them for anything.

23. profile image52
    Cgreen717posted 10 years ago

I have two hamsters, and three chinchillas. My hamsters are Star and Misty. My chinchillas are China, Prince, and Shakespeare. I love my animals. smile

24. frogdropping profile image82
    frogdroppingposted 10 years ago

I have Bengals. Still considering flying one over to live with me here.

I also have two ducks. They live in a park near me and are mine because I feed them. They are called Rui and Fatmima because they are Portuguese smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Bengals are crazy smile I have an ocicat but would love a bengal one day.

25. profile image48
    getyourgirlfbackposted 9 years ago

2 golden retrievers who are AWESOME

26. ripley05 profile image61
    ripley05posted 9 years ago

between  my son and i we have
    star/girl black alsation 5y
    milo ginger tom cat boss of house and oldest 17y
    rommey black queen cat 14y loves to cuddle up with the dog
    orion black tom 9y known for begging of the neighbours
    spot white turkish van queen 5y only drinks water from tap
    demi tabby queen 3y still trying to fit in spits at everyone ,most are rescues and all been spade,

bea 9ftcommon red tail boa constrictor 22y
    gary newest arrival 1ft corn snake 2mths
    steve male chameleon 6mths
    3leo geckos pearl ruby opal 14mths
    8 african land snails should only be 2 bonnie and clyde 1y
    black angel fish
    2 siamese fighter fish just laid eggs
    2 pepper corys catfish mork and mindy   
    albino shark albert
    9 pond fish yet to be named.

27. profile image51
    sowjithotaposted 9 years ago

I dont have pets. I used to have tortoise as my pet.

28. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 9 years ago

none

29. LRobbins profile image50
    LRobbinsposted 9 years ago

Great to see so many animal lovers out there.  I have 2 great cats that I rescued from an animal shelter.

30. hinckles koma profile image66
    hinckles komaposted 9 years ago

Main coon kitten Love is her name.

31. visitmaniac profile image62
    visitmaniacposted 9 years ago

2 Cats that are OLD lol about 15 years old want a dog but not a good idea with the two cats lol So one of these years big_smile but I love em

32. akadma profile image60
    akadmaposted 9 years ago

Three dogs:

Akira- Treeing walker coonhound/Black Lab
    Adam- Black Lab/Mastiff/Australian Shepard/American Bulldog
    Maximus- Akira and Adams puppy.

Two cats:

Tiggly and Kitty, both domestic short haired.

One Tarantula:

Moe, (she has a small mohawk)

I love them all to pieces.

33. Affordablefun profile image61
    Affordablefunposted 9 years ago

How many pets do we have!

Currently:

1 Boxer ~ Female{S} Jazmin 4 years old

1 Blue & Gold Macaw ~ male ~ Phoenix 28 yrs old
    1 Molaccun ~ male ~ Noah 4yrs old
    1 African Grey ~ female ~ Ms Nikki Bird ~7 yrs old
    1 Blues Eyed Cockatoo ~ male ~ Winston ~ 29 yrs old
    1 Lesser Sulphur Crested ~ Sex ? ~ Joey ~ 30 yrs old
    1 Budgerigar ~ Femaile ~ Cloudy ~ 1 yr old

22 Assorted Fresh water Fish
    1 fresh water frog

Now, these fish are all important as these are Jazmin's [the boxer]. Yes her & the Sara {now dead} would spend hours watching their fish. Sara would always run to the fish tanks in the pet store so we bought her a fish tank to have them at home she enjoyed watching them so much.  Jazmin just carried on the tradition.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image76
      Deborah-Lynnposted 9 years agoin reply to this

1 Queensland Healer,Cleo, she's 4yrs, gave birth to six QH + Jack Russel Terrier mix, we kept two, Sophia Joy and Chloe "Badoughy"  Silly name because she is a clownish dog who will do anything for a laugh, and repeat it when she needs attention...

1 Shih Tzu male, 2 yrs old,  Riley has a problem he loves all our females!

1 teacup Yorkie, so small we have to use a bunny collar for her teeny neck....they are hard to find...named Gracie Lou   

Freshwater fish tank with sharks (3) a giant 9" plecostomus - looks like an underwater dinosaur, some puffer fish and tetras, catfish and other algae eaters.

Two peacocks, Wayne & Anne, I wrote a Hub about them and my 50+ wild quail, coming home every night still at dusk, fly into their pen voluntarily and each mornig fly out again like homing pigeons! And my very silly 24 TopHats, a future Hub coming soon,  have the same nesting habits as the Quail, in their cages by dusk!  I close the door to their pen each night just before dark to keep the critters out.

We have a famous white pekin duck named DaiseyDuck, she is featured in at least half my Hubs because she finds her way into my line of sight whenever I take my camera out...maybe she's a "photohog"?  I also have a brood of 14 black baby ducklings which will turn green like a peacocks' green feathers when mature, they all have black webbed feet and black bills, very rare, called Cayuga ducks, an American Breed.  In my environmental Hubs you can see them swimming in a clear plastic container!

My husband and I care for them all and love them everyday, it keeps us energetic and healthy!

34. Army Infantry Mom profile image59
    Army Infantry Momposted 9 years ago

1 Dog - Fuzzbug
    4 Cat's - Demon, Faith, Crissy and Banditt
    1 Uromastyx Lizard - Einstein
    2 African Frogs - Larry & Maggie
    1 Darf African Frog - Kermit
    2 Parakeets - Angel & Pork Chop

My favorite quote,..." Do you need a home ? " LOL

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image59
      Army Infantry Momposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Very sad day for me today, I lost my best friend Banditt. I am disabled so i'm always home, unless its doctor day, and well Banditt was my bestest little buddy. He'd sit in my chair with me when I am at my desk and he'd lay next to me when I would lay down, just a special special little guy. He was only 7 months old, He was from Faith's litter and I helped deliver him into the world. He liked to catch mice and snakes and bring them to me as little gifts, unfortantly the last mouse he caught must have eaten some posion, it was laying dead with him under my deck.(my last little gift from him) I will miss him terriably. Perhaps I will dedicate my next hub to him when I stop crying enough to see these keys Im trying to hit on my keyboard.

1. Dame Scribe profile image61
        Dame Scribeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hugs, sad sorry to hear that. It is sad when our pets chance upon poison.

35. Stimp profile image72
    Stimpposted 9 years ago

I have:

4 dogs:  2 hunting labs; Miniature Eskie; German shep
    3 indoor cats
    4-6 barn cats
    1 goat
    1 miniature horse
    3 standard sized horses:  Morgan, Friesian the thoroughbred

I think that covers it.

36. Whitney05 profile image86
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

I want to add 1 male and 1 female russian tortoises and 2 unknown gendered redfoot tortoises.

37. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 9 years ago

I have 2 Jack Russells called Zoidberg and Leela,
           2 goats called Bramble and Ivy
           4 hybrid hens called Michele, Yevette,
             Mimi and Madame Edith
           6 Bantam hens and a cock called Kevin.

1. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 9 years agoin reply to this

2 Jack Russells? Are you still sane?

38. G.L.A. profile image84
    G.L.A.posted 9 years ago

Five White Doves, One Starling, One Dog, and One Goldfish.

39. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 9 years ago

A St. Bernard, Jack Russell, 1 young fat cat, 1 old fat cat. They all like to eat and sleep.

40. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 9 years ago

oscar the fish

41. littledevil1983 profile image60
    littledevil1983posted 9 years ago

I have
    1 cat called Tigger,
    2 corn snakes called Tilly and Vinnie (however, need to change vinnies name, it appears hes act a she, found this out when she laid 9 eggs)
    2 palm geckhos called sid and sparkle,
    2 chickens called poppy and sunset,
    5 budgies (not named)
    bout 10 goldfish
    and a frog that set up home by the pond.
    Think thats it, he he

Oh, and i will have atleast 2 more corn snakes very soon, eggs are due to hatch on the 10th so we shall see then :-)

42. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 9 years ago

we brought home a new pet today!! he's so wonderful. a dog who needed a home, his name is yogi, he's all black, part chow/lab, I think. he's so loving and beautiful. I'm thrilled to have a pet in our home again.

43. spiderspun profile image60
    spiderspunposted 9 years ago

I have cut back on the animals I keep since a rear ended in a car accident, but these are my buds

14 ft reticulated python, Giant African Bull Frog, Giant Can Toad, Parrot,Red Foot Tortoise, 3 red ear sliders, flemish giant rabbits x4, 11 leghorn hens, sand boa, Tiawan Beauty Snakes x2 and sme hatchlings, pr of ball pythons, 2 pound chiauhauh,16 taranulas all different breeds, dumbo rats, a sugar glider,hamsters, bufo gutatus toads, and a bunch of hairless rats.

I was doing an education animal road show for 14 yrs before the accident

44. Mama Sez profile image68
    Mama Sezposted 9 years ago

We don't keep pets in the house but today, my daughter received a white bunny from her Kringle and just saw it lying down our throw pillow.  I don't like it but my children are having fun feeding the bunny and caressing its fur...I had to stay cool.

45. profile image0
    baconmidgetposted 9 years ago

i knew someone who had a skunk
    i have five fish
    male beta
    african butterflyfish
    prehistoric dragon goby
    koi swordtail
    pseudoacanthicus angelicus pleco
    they are not all in the same tank though

46. daisyjae profile image79
    daisyjaeposted 9 years ago

I have one dog, a shitzhu named Chewy. Also three cats, Snuggles, Tigger and Cleo. And a few fish.

47. my last breath profile image61
    my last breathposted 9 years ago

1 dog named Bibi. 3 cats named Skye Psyche and Crimson. theyre all female. and a yellow spotted salamander named Lucas. planning on getting birds fish and reptiles when i move out of my parents house.

48. Going2Oahu profile image60
    Going2Oahuposted 9 years ago

I have two beautiful, cuddly, adorable little ShihTzus! Can't imagine life without them!

49. Gabriel Wilson profile image90
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 9 years ago

I have  two beautiful parrots the older a 12 year old red tipped amazon called JD ( Jack Daniel ) &
    an african grey , he ´s 2 and a 1/2  called Harvey ( Harvey Wall Banger ) , he never stops talking . Also 4 canaries , 11 budgies , 2 java finches and 11 hens . Just buried my gorgeous dog of nearly 13 , murphy . Miss him lots .

50. scaredy cat profile image59
    scaredy catposted 9 years ago

i have a dog called Hooch, he is a Lab x Staffie and a Chilean rose called Bert

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)