what kind of sick freak douses a cat w/gas & sets it alight?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (42 posts)
  1. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

that was one of the stories on the local news just now. the Humane Society rescued him...apparently since it rained this weekend, it helped put out the fire. which means this anmial was suffering for at least three days before it was found.

ugh i hope whoever did this gets run over by a cement truck or something.
    yikes <-- mad face

1. Eileen Hughes profile image62
      Eileen Hughesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They are animals, ( the people who did it ) not the cat. Definitely sick.  there are so many people doing horrible things it makes you wonder what is happening to our world.

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is absolutely cruel and the people who did it should be charged! sad

3. de'Arab profile image54
      de'Arabposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That devil would pay big time, I am sure this is not the first time he has done some ting like this.I am a peace loving person but this makes me want to hurt that sucker bad.

4. aka-dj profile image66
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's marginally better than doing it to your girlfriend/wife. (As is often the case in Pakistan or some place like that).
      Hate Both!!  :angry:

5. lovelypaper profile image58
      lovelypaperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG! How horrible! I'm not a big cat lover, but that's just evil!

2. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

The people who perpetrate such things erroneously believe there are either no consequences for such actions they perpetrate, or that they are exempt from them somehow. However, having lived long enough to see how things cycle around, I believe that karma will do her job, and these types of people will suffer and pay the price of their deeds. The catch is, it's not up to us to decide when and how. And that sometimes doesn't seem fair, but in the end, I believe it balances out.

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Wow! That is shocking! I feel kinda sick now hmm

4. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

sorry kirsten sad

thankfully his eyes looked good (no damage there) and they had him in the shelter all snuggled up and being petted and everything. i have to wonder how these people can look at themselves in the mirror and not be repulsed.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Poor baby, I hope that if he pulls through and is healthy again he finds an owner that will spoil em rotten and give him all the love possible smile

2. rmcrayne profile image92
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hard to fathom, but I'm guessing these types of people have no remorse or repulsion for what they've done.  I can't imagine any such senario that the psychiatric community would not consider clinically significant, and diagnosable.

5. torimari profile image66
    torimariposted 14 years ago

A freak that deserves to be lit on fire himself and see how he likes it. neutral I'm not joking.

Honestly, like with children, I can't believe people do what they do to defenseless, innocent creatures. Seriously, a largely sinister race we can be...

1. bonny2010 profile image59
      bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

too quick torimari - whenever I have  come across cruelty I have always recommended tying them to a large red ant nest and covering them with syrup - its a nice slow process.

6. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Does this Cat answer to the name Tom? hmm
    When My Roaming Reporter left 5 days ago; he said he was going to set the world on fire with his next set of interviews yikes

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
      Hope he can use oars and row a boat.

7. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

He doesn't need oars mate.... if he's been in a fire he'll have enough hot air to sail his Cat-amaran big_smile

8. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

I can only guess, but the kind of person who deliberately sets fire to a cat is the kind of person the law, shrinks, and the general population should keep a very close eye on. People with such a callous disregard for life are at high risk for escalating the violence and turning it against people.

If the cat pulls through, I will be thankful that the resilience of kitty-kind comes into play again.

1. profile image56
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very true, all too common among serial killers.  Hopefully, the authorities will take that into consideration when and if the person is found out.

the law doesn't do much, couple of years ago we had some hyped up soldiers put kittens in holes with their heads sticking out and running them over with lawn mowers when they got tired of that the remainder were set on fire - what was the punishment - they were kicked out of the army and fined. My son also a soldier saidthey should have made them stay in the army and tag them for whatthey were...i agree.  Believe it or not, the public were divided- some said good on them others were disgusted but said if they say this happening they would report it but not interfere, , makes me wonder what kind of people we are breeding inthis world

2. TheGlassSpider profile image63
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is true, and very apt. However, as disgusting and terrible as these crimes are, I always cannot help but wonder about the mind-state and suffering of the individual capable of doing such things.

I cannot imagine being so devoid of compassion, empathy, emotion...so empty that the immense suffering of an innocent, powerless creature could be okay. How terrible and lonely it must be. What on earth has to happen to somebody, or what defect, or what combination of the two has to happen for such unfathomable ability to cause pain? Is this someone who is more to be pitied than to be despised?

Rest assured, even if they are, this does not in ANY WAY imply that they should not, in some way, be made to understand and take responsibility for what they have done--however, I think it's also always a good idea to take a look at the environment from which such a person springs.

If we're pointing fingers at him, how many point back at us? Or the people around him? Or society in general?

It's a very sad and complicated world we've got here. sad

9. wychic profile image86
    wychicposted 14 years ago

After working in various shelters for a lot of years, I've come to the conclusion that some people must honestly believe that animals have no feelings and/or don't have any right to be free of suffering. Three months ago I adopted a pup from the local shelter who was part of a rescue with a particularly horrendous story, and I can't help but wish I could find the people who did that to those animals and do the same to them. Many dogs and cats from that lot died very slow deaths, and the people didn't even care until there was a mention of prison, then they dumped them all at the shelter where it took WEEKS just to get the smell off of them, then weeks more trying to socialize these animals. These critters are just lucky this is a small-town shelter where we can keep them for months waiting for the right forever homes, in most places none of them would have had a chance. However, it's not my place to punish people for such acts, and at least I can rest assured that karma will bite them eventually...I just hope they don't get a hold of any more animals before then.

10. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I hope that evil, dark person suffers the way the poor kitty has and is suffering..

I want to throw up now, I do not hate, but this gives me every reason to hate a person I do not know

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i agree with that.

11. ncmonroe1981 profile image59
    ncmonroe1981posted 14 years ago

As easy as it would be to hate the person who could do such a disgusting, horrendous thing, something tells me that such a soul is more to be pitied than to be despised.

Someone capable of such callous inhumanity, violence, and abuse is also probably not capable of experiencing the joy, love, and companionship of other creatures in a meaningful way.

A sad situation full of suffering all around.

My prayers go out to the kitty and the person who hurt him.

Carmen

12. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I've seen dogs treated like this... It is truly disgusting.

1. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
      Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years agoin reply to this

[]

Well, if it's disgusting to you, that's peanuts. This is about animal brutality. How about if someone, supposedly there to protect people, massacre them in broad daylight, 57 in all- 27 women, the rest media men? Have you heard? Sorry but I don't want to steal attention away from this thread,I was carried away. Forgive me, please.

13. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I can't beleive that there are humans in this world who does such disgusting things like that to defenless craetures. I don't want the person who did that to be ran over I want him or her to be savagely mauled by a bear or moutnain lion!

14. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

AW my gawd!!! I'd like to see how that person likes being lit on fire and left to suffer until death. Poor kitty. All my animals are rescues, I have such a heart for them and children.

15. profile image0
    SquigglesMcBeeBeeposted 14 years ago

yep. dey should suffer da same fate so dey know what it feelses like...

16. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I've always believed there's a special place in hell for those who abuse children, old people, animals, and any other defenseless creature.

1. Mitch Rapp profile image60
      Mitch Rappposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What about scorpions? I just stepped on a bigun!

2. bonny2010 profile image59

hey  habee according to an old Northern territory aboriginal I once knew - if you mistreat animals you will die a horrible death - he was spot on in everything else and I believe he is spot on with this one - sad thing is why does it have to happen in the first place

17. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Did you torture it first?

I kill rattlesnakes, poisonous spiders, and fire ants - anything that could harm my grandkids!

18. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Sick freaks who mutilate animals may evolve into sociopaths.  People in that neighborhood should pay attention to this.

19. Chloe Comfort profile image60
    Chloe Comfortposted 14 years ago

It just amazes me how evil someone can be to torture a poor defenseless animal. Someone should set his ass on fire!

20. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

I would like to meet the person who done this and teach him a few things.......I will think about him/her when I am on the punch bag later smile

tried that once - nearly  broke my hand - now I use my head - has a real clearing effect - besides these people can't be taught there is something missing inside them  - the punishment has to be final -the way I see it, you catch them, you punish them, they will find another animal totake their punishment out on - these people are real sickoes . thats my humble opinion...

21. wychic profile image86
    wychicposted 14 years ago

I caught my four-year-old son kicking the dog...my husband and I sat him down for a talk, and asked him if he thought that hurt the dog. He said no. Then we asked him if it would hurt if we kicked him in the ribs...again he said no, but he was also very adamant that he didn't want to try it. Maybe more people need to be discussing these things with their kids, even though I know most pet owners already do, because when they're little is about the only time you can REALLY get through to them that that animal feels everything just the way they do. As they get older, they get better at justifications or just plain, "Who cares? It's not me that's hurting."

1. TheGlassSpider profile image63
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're absolutely right. Great job sitting down and talking with him! Keep it up. smile

22. AnythingArtzy profile image66
    AnythingArtzyposted 14 years ago

I look at my cats and see their distinct personalities and how much I enjoy them then think NO WAY. If anybody tried to hurt them I'd be all over them. I hope the poor little fella makes it and like another said gets spoiled rotten.

People who do those kinds of things are truly sick individuals.

23. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

hello bonny2010, answered this thread already just jumping in to say hello smile

24. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

It takes a sick, twisted mind to do such a thing! I never could understand how anyone could harm a defensless animal! Do they not realize they feel pain just as we do?

You reap what you sew! They will pay for what they've done!

Think about this though: If they did this, what other abominations have they inflicted that have not been discovered?

I'm mortified! Poor little baby! I hope he or she heals soon and finds a safe home!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)