jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why do you think this door didn't get finished painted? Did they run out of pain

1. TheHoleStory profile image81
    TheHoleStoryposted 3 years ago

Why do you think this door didn't get finished painted? Did they run out of paint, go on a break?

Or do you think it was something else?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12048629_f260.jpg

2. Dressage Husband profile image77
    Dressage Husbandposted 3 years ago

I have no idea at all. It looks like they needed tools to remove the fittings so maybe they needed a new tool to remove the closer and hinges?

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

It is a government job. It will take 4 men to paint this door after lunch. One to paint while the other three stand and watch. smile

4. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I think that they had to get a replacement door and they did not bother to paint it.

Or else the black paint was used to cover up graffiti or other markings which they did not want seen.

5. Ericdierker profile image55
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

It is metal primer paint. And they did what I call a "run out", meaning they ran out of paint and were just getting the excess paint out of a roller. They also lacked a ladder from the way they painted at the top. Notice no masking or covering laying around. Nice "wet paint" sign with the wrong kind of tape.Looks like janitors did it, posing as painters. Fun exercise at any rate -- thanks.

6. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

I think they are kin to my husband. He never finishes a job.

7. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 3 years ago

It's not paint, but looks like plastic overlay that's cracked with age and dropped off or been pulled off with time. For a clue look at the horizontal ridges in the material).
    Maybe it was put on to seal the door against a draught, and whoever owns the building found out it was contrary to health & safety regs. I've been in lots of places where these rules were accidentally flouted and the results are eyesores.that employees have to put up with.

8. Snøwman profile image59
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

It's a very artistic metaphor for life. Whenever someone looks at the door they are reminded that life is unfinished. Change for the better will still come, but in an unknown time. Just like the time that this door will be panted is unknown. You can take a peek into it's future, but can't quite see it. It represents all of us. Not quite at our full potential. Just like the color of the unpainted door doesn't quite blend in with the colors of the room, we do not quite fit into our place in society until we are finished. This is the door to adventure! This is the door to life!

In all seriousness, they probably ran out of paint, but I just thought I'd have some fun with it.

9. TheHoleStory profile image81
    TheHoleStoryposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12053491_f260.jpg

There were a lot of very good logical answers for this question here on why this door may not have been finished being painted, however the truth behind this partially completed job was finally revealed to me. So I thought that I would share it with you all. What I uncovered from talking with the actual painters of this door was really very simple. They were neither government or union workers. They simply punched out on the clock, and took a much needed lunch break. As pictured here you can see that the two of them returned later, and finished the job with flying colors.

working