jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (21 posts)

FIXED: Temporary sitewide outage

1. Suzie HQ profile image95
    Suzie HQposted 4 years ago

it was down here also for hours

2. rfmoran profile image91
    rfmoranposted 4 years ago

I was off HP for a couple of hours. Amazed that there has been no notification from HP.

Anybody know how this affects google ranking?

1. IzzyM profile image89
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It shouldn't affect your rankings, even when your hubs are sitting at position 1 on Google. It just means you (and HP) have lost a lot of traffic.Things should continue as normal now that the site is back online.

1. rfmoran profile image91
        rfmoranposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Izzy. Yes it did affect traffic a lot.

3. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 4 years ago

It was me, ok.

I hadn't been in the forum for a while, I stopped by to play out. Next then, it's broken.

Whaddya know lol

1. spartucusjones profile image91
      spartucusjonesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Look frogdropping let us get one thing straight: Al Gore didn't invent the Internet for the purpose of you going and breaking it!

4. Daughter Of Maat profile image96
    Daughter Of Maatposted 4 years ago

I had the same problem earlier, although, I couldn't load the page at all. It kept saying the connection was reset.

Now I noticed on my stats page it says the stats were updated 47 minutes ago, but the numbers haven't changed for well over 12 hours. I just published a hub that has 3 comments, but zero views...

I'm confused lol

1. rfmoran profile image91
      rfmoranposted 4 years ago in reply to this

3 comments and no views?! That's because people know you're a good writer without even seeing your work. Either that or HP needs to get its act together.

5. Max Dalton profile image81
    Max Daltonposted 4 years ago

Well, let's hope that never happens again, lol. I'm interested to hear exactly what happened.

6. Victoria Stephens profile image77
    Victoria Stephensposted 4 years ago

What a time for it to have happened. I had just boasted about how fab hubpages was and tried to show someone a couple a great articles I had read and would you know, the whole site was down for hours! Very glad it all up and running again now.

7. moonlake profile image88
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

I was watching traffic yesterday on Google analytics was it ever slow and I looked this morning nothing at all. Tried to get on hubpages this morning and couldn't get on for hours.

8. brakel2 profile image85
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

My views are terrible and connection non existent earlier today. I thought it was my IPhone. I took it off wi fi and put on data to no avail. At least it wasn't my IPhone.

9. brakel2 profile image85

My views are terrible and connection non existent earlier today. I thought it was my IPhone. I took it off wi fi and put on data to no avail. At least it wasn't my IPhone.

10. Dale Hyde profile image87
    Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago

Where I am out in the state of Texas, HP was down for a minimum of eight hours. Several authors that I brought here with me from another site from around the globe also experienced the same outage length. My email, personal that is, filled up with numerous complaints from folks that I referred here asking if this was a "normal" type of thing.

Much to my dismay, I did respond, that of late, on weekends, when views from outside of the United States peak, the site goes down for various reasons.

As for my views, finally, after weeks of decline, they were picking back up, until.....today. Now at an all time low.

11. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

It is raining blue because of the four hours that we can't access the site wink traffic is expected to be low today!

12. George J Hardy profile image77
    George J Hardyposted 4 years ago

I can`t load any hubs; all the radio buttons won`t work to compose a new page

13. brakel2 profile image85

Why was the site down again?  This makes two days this week. Traffic has gone way down. Is it the server?

Closed to reply

working