I made US $ 100 last month

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (89 posts)
  1. Patkay profile image90
    Patkayposted 11 years ago

Despite the ups and downs of Google, last month I managed to reach US $100, my highest earnings so far. How are you faring? I just want to encourage the new hubbers and tell them HP pays and it is for real.

1. Taurus2 profile image58
      Taurus2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why would they believe what you are saying? Where is the evidence?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Whether you believe is your choice.  Please stop driving every thread off topic.

1. Taurus2 profile image58
          Taurus2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Stop telling people what to do. You're out of logic.

1. Shanna11 profile image74
            Shanna11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you're really one to tell other people off about their logic, Sockie.

Besides, isn't purposely driving threads off topic against the rules? With all the accounts you've created, I would hope that you've read the forum rules at least once....

1. Rushdie profile image58
              Rushdieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You seem to find it difficult to practice what your are preach.

2. Patkay profile image90
          Patkayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

psycheskinner, well spoken thanks.

Taurus2, sometimes, it is even hard to convince someone even when they evidence is there.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7230355_f248.jpg

Jus want to encourage new members.

Congrats by the way! I make about 60 bucks a month. It could be more if I ever got my act together and started writing again. tongue

Shanna11, write and keep posting your new hubs, you will get rewarded well.

Of course anyone who defends the headquarters will be rewarded!! Good God, big brother is watching this one lol

2. Rushdie profile image58

Screen shots are very reliable. I trust you smile

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7230513_f248.jpg

1. kathleenkat profile image83
            kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then why would he bother posting here, Mr. Socks?

I have seen that exact image, you use, by the way. "Another" use used it a few weeks ago wink

Who is Mr. Socks? Are you calling yourself by your pet name? lol 

Let people read that screen shot and understand on their own. Quit junior, you can't hang.

2. Shanna11 profile image74

If you're going to ask for screen shots and then fling mud at them, then you're just a hapless conspiracy theorist who can't be taken seriously.

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they aren't falsifiable. If any evidence exists to the contrary or evidence is missing, it's just "Part of the conspiracy!"

You're never, ever going to be satisfied, so what's the point? Honestly, what is driving you to hang around Hubpages ranting about your displeasure and then ignoring all evidence? Are you TRYING to make yourself look like an obsessed loon?

1. Len Cannon profile image88
              Len Cannonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What's funny is harping on the idea that every person who has ever made money on HubPages is some type of internal PR plant stoking false hope amongst the plebes. Honestly, I used to earn a lot more than 100 bucks a month on HP before the crash a year ago. I was almost paying my entire rent every month with money from adsense and Amazon. Nowadays, 100 is a good month.

If you want to challenge HubPage's earning potential, you should be skeptical that 100 is acceptable payout for our effort, not that the relatively small sum is a lie.

More than 100 dollars? Lies! Slander! How much did they pay you to say that? There's no money here-- stop lying to yourself. Do you know who I am? Your logic has run out. Not everyone is your friend, boy.

I'm working on my Sockpuppet impression. I think I'm getting pretty good. I still have to draw heavily from his quotes ("Not everyone is your friend", for example), but I'm hoping that eventually I can come up with my own inane phrases.

1. profile image0
                  Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Impressive!  Especially, the "Lies!  Slander!" part.  That made me laugh.

smile

nennie..nennie inprezzive! Do something of your own. lol Don't wait for others...

Grow up, buddy, get a life! You have always been that what you describe. Actually, I created you! lol

Ew, now you're just being really creepy. Don't claim creation of me, that's just disgusting. Go be weird somewhere else. There's a nice corner over there....

2. Horatio Plot profile image74
              Horatio Plotposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I used to be a conspiracy theorist, but now I'm not so sure...

You were a conspiracy theorist? My God!!

3. Rushdie profile image58

Loon? You're a crybaby whinnie 18 years old barf from a local restaurant. Get a life slacker! Quit forum mas...bation, and wash dishes that clients used. Better life for ya lol

WHAT? What in the world is this? I don't work in a local restaurant. I don't wash dishes. You crossed the line from being nauseating  to being inappropriate. Good. That means I can report you and we can at least get SOME of your sockpuppets outta here.

"I don't wash dishes." lol

How in the world can you ban yourself!! lol Good God, you're getting out of line, make sense..   :big_smile

Hope someone will not weep this time, and be sad for days because someone had hurt them over the internet! lol

I downloaded and magnified that screenshot you have posted, Patkay. It nowhere says that you have earned #100, last month. I encourage anyone who is sitting on the fence, to check that screenshot. It's purely a fraudulent image.

I did the exact same thing, and there's no way you can even read the numbers. It's not a fraudulent image, just a very poor quality one. So unless you secretly work for the FBI and have those capabilities, sit down, my good sir.

Nope buddy, anyone can figure out, even through those hazy mess of pixels, that there is no 100 there. Give up, other side!! lol

2. youcanwin profile image42
      youcanwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

congratulations!  Keep up the good work

Thanks youcanwin.

Well, HubPages do manipulate the people with their advertisements. HubPages claims that people get thousands of dollars every month, and they have set their photo in the frontpage. The the usual covies (or covens) would tell you otherwise.

http://hubpages.com/success/

I had no idea that what I read in the front page was partial. Take this frontpage entry for example, it reads -

"Kathryn Vercillo
      earns $1,500 a month writing on things that truly interest her"

Reading that one may assume that Kathryn has been getting $1,500 every month since she joined this website. Those who read more carefully, they may reach the conclusion that she gets around 1500 dollars each month, and not exactly 1500. Now go to the link that I gave above. There it reads quite different-

"Average passive monthly earnings: $1,500 as of 10/12/2011"

The word 'average' is missing in the frontpage entry, and those who join this website read that entry, and not the link that you read above, and that word 'average' makes a huge difference. She joined this website 5 years ago. It might be as well that she started earning money after two years, more maybe, since the date that she joined this website. We don't get that reality while we read about those featured members, in the frontpage.

2. kathleenkat profile image83
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

Could you be more specific as to your methods of promoting your Hubs, and choosing the correct advertisements? My earnings are dollars and cents.

kathleenkat, I do not have any special formula but just keep on trying things out. What I have realized is with more than 1500 views am averaging to US $ 3 per day. I am not good at SEO. Mostly apart from adding new hubs regularly, I edit the old ones, refining titles and tags, checking the flow of grammar and spelling. Promoting is through Facebook, Twitter and Pin interest.

2. CloudExplorer profile image77
      CloudExplorerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi there Kathleenkat,

There are ways to make it happen here on Hubpages in terms of receiving much more traffic, but your going to need to have true focus, and drive to learn them.

Visit the Hubpages learning center (Learn all you can from using it), look for the 'Getting Traffic' section, and especially read up thoroughly on the 'Elements of a Stellar Hub' link. (Link provided below)

If you truly learn to apply much of the useful tips, and relevant hubpages information provided in the Learning Center, you will begin to realize all of your potential mistakes made as a hubber, and also start to see the light, of potentially becoming a powerful force here in terms of attracting massive viewers world wide to your hub account, and with each and every hub you decide to publish. "Good Luck"

There's also many hubbers who've gone out of their way to help fellow hubbers, to learn how to make writing efforts, and sharing efforts in the hubpages community and else where as well truly work for them.

Official Hubpages Link to - Elements of a Stellar Hub: By Hubpages Staff
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7014648_f248.jpg

1. kathleenkat profile image83
        kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

I have not spent much time here. I did join 6 months ago, but there was a period where I did not visit the site that much. I only 'really' got into it about a month ago. I'll definitely read up on this!

Thanks CloudExplorer, for offering a helping hand.

Hey Para! lol

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I have not made 100 in a month yet, but it is my next goal.  I think I would need about 200 hubs to do that at my current traffic levels.

psycheskinner, it is not a myth, you can make it. You are at 126 hubs, I am aiming for 100 hubs before my 2nd birthday of course at HP.

2. CloudExplorer profile image77
      CloudExplorerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I looked at you profile psycheskinner, your stats shows a low level of sharing factors, meaning comments made, etc......

So maybe if you work on increase those factors and elements, you can have others help you achieve such a goal here on hubpages, all it takes is a bit of communicating when you can, and effectively from others hubs, as well as answering questions, that counts for a great deal of us fellow hubbers finding that you indeed exist on the network here.

Insightful commenting signals many hubbers to render back communications to you, and so eventually you shall draw a true following, which in return may render you more social rep her on hubpages, which in fact equates to even more potential sharing factors, and you won't be doing this thing alone for the most part.

That's not to take away from all that you have done here thus far, its just to help you get a better idea of why, and the tendency to have much lower results besides a hubs overall potential to attract users on its own due to its overall quality.

Either way Good Luck! I do a great deal of networking today, and so this is where I pretty much major in, day in and day out. I hope this message helps, rather then it be taken in the wrong way, because online potential truly is a timeless thing today, and it more about how you choose to interact with others pretty much.

My strategy is more angled at pushing out content for organic traffic (passive).  An interaction based model can work great too, it just isn't an approach I enjoy as much smile

4. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 11 years ago

Awesome!  Reaching $100 monthly earnings, with all the changes in HP and Google,  is quite an achievement.  I'm happy for you, Patkay.  Here's to more success here on HP... Cheers! smile

Ooh thanks Rosie2010, cheers from this side of the world. It was a tough month, though this month, I don't know how it will be. Traffic is not good at the moment.

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

I made $4 last month... but I've only been here a few years, so I'm just learning

The trick is not to give up, but to continue learning and implementing what you can.

And being a blind conformist who never asks questions, lol

2. Mellonyy profile image60
      Mellonyyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've made $8 from 17 hubs ( for the last moth), but before that I've been learning  SEO for 2 years. Sorry to say that but the new Google algorithm almost killed me - 70 % of my traffic is down. I am frustrated now.

Mellonyy, let us hope things will be back to normal. The Google algorithm has affected nearly everyone.

6. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 11 years ago

That is awesome $100, many congrats big_smile I made payout last month, which made me happy. smile

wrenfrost56, congrats too for reaching a payout.

7. psycheskinner profile image83

You can't provide definitive evidence online and it is unreasonable to expect or request it.  I see nothing in what is being claimed that is impossible or implausible.

8. isenhower33 profile image66
    isenhower33posted 11 years ago

Just a word to the wise, quantity is only as good as the quality. You can write a million hubs if you want to but that doesnt mean you'll make any money. Each hub needs to have thought put into it. If you have been here for over a year without making payout, then you need to go look at the ones that are making payout and see what they could be doing that you're not doing.

9. psycheskinner profile image83

Well, quantity multiples quality.  If you know how well your average hub does, you can--in my experience--just scale that up by making more.  If your average hub sucks.... well.

1. isenhower33 profile image66
      isenhower33posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hubscore will go up and down regardless, if people just put random stuff on here without checking quality it wont do them any good. Doesn't matter if it starts out at a hubscore of 80 if the quality isn't there then you wont get as many views. Its more about how well you can market it and how good the product is when it comes to making the money you want to make.

I pay zero attention to hub score.  Hub score doesn't pay the bills.

Obviously quality and quantity both matter.

10. Horatio Plot profile image74
    Horatio Plotposted 11 years ago

Well done Patkay, that's a great milestone.
    Nzuri sana, bwana.

Horatio Plot, ahsante sana, your congratulations accepted.

And will be rewarded as well...  lol

Message from Squidoo

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/104334

lol

11. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

Guys, post your bank account statements to make some rando on the internet happy.

Len Cannon, it not very necessary, but we need to encourage and compete against each other.

Yes, when there are no graphs in the succes stories page, it will help you better compete lol

I will publish a hub next month with statistics as I celebrate my second year at HP.

Yes, no one will ever know how you came up with those statistics. It's so easy to create a statistics you desire lol Show evidence, dude! I copied and magnified that screenshot that you posted above. It nowhere shows the figure of $100. Why are you still saying all this? What evidence you have, except a fraudulent image?

12. shampa sadhya profile image76
    shampa sadhyaposted 11 years ago

Congratulations! I am also very poor at SEO and so I opt for FB, Twitter and Pin but my traffic per day ranges from 200 to 300. I know this isn't much but yes, I look for a better response some day. All the Best for the near future!

shampa sadhya, 200-300 views, soon you will get to 1000 views and more. Persistence is the key and also practicing on the things you learn from HP. Thanks for the visit.

1. youcanwin profile image42
        youcanwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is the average page views during the month????

Did you ever earn anything through HubPages? You have been here for almost 2 years...

13. Rushdie profile image58
    Rushdieposted 11 years ago

There no certainty that if someone writes a couple of hubs and wait for a few months, then I would have my own comparative data.

If one follows this link - http://hubpages.com/success/ , then it becomes very clear that even for those who earn like average 1500 dollars per month, it might have taken years to reach the stage when they started getting their first pennies through this program.

It might be as well that anyone who just throws himself into this website without mature deliberation, will repent later for the loss of time and energy of years.

There are some cheerleaders here who are professional in persuading new people. You have no evidence to back up your claims. Try better.

(Just to add:- there were previously some graphs in that page. Now they have been mysteriously pulled down.)

14. ftclick profile image54
    ftclickposted 11 years ago

good thing you are moving up in one of Google's most hurtful update since Farmer. What are you doing to make it go upsy daisy?

ftclick, Last month it was okay, but this month is very tough. There is nothing special that I did. Just the normal things we try out.

15. ivanmarginal profile image61
    ivanmarginalposted 11 years ago

Really? That's great!

Yes ivanmarginal, it is true. With good traffic, there is money at Hubpages.

1. ivanmarginal profile image61
        ivanmarginalposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How do you drive traffic to your hubs?

I use social media like Facebook, pininterest, and G+. Most of my traffic comes from Google search.

16. profile image0
    healthylife2posted 11 years ago

Congrats! How long did it take?

healthylife2, just a single month, I now get a payout every month, but it has been at the range of US $ 70. So this month was the only exeptional that I did very well and went up to a hundred.

17. ITcoach profile image57
    ITcoachposted 11 years ago

I am really amazed to see that you earned 100$. It's the nice appreciation really. I am trying my best to avail this opportunity.

ITcoach, yes that was a good month. Hope the others willturn out to be the same.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)