jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

How do you shut off your brain that is constantly going?

1. Triplet Mom profile image79
    Triplet Momposted 8 years ago

Or do you just write down all of your thoughts? There are times when I cannot fall asleep because I have too many thoughts going through my head. I have even written some things in my sleep. Is this normal? How do you deal with this?

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This might be an opportune time to look at my sleeping sleep binaural beat hub where you get a free download mp3 that will most definitely put you into a deep refreshing sleep.

I have a similar problem to yours and it worked for me, that's why I wrote a hub on it.

Triplet Momposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you I will check it out then.

2. darkside profile image82
    darksideposted 8 years ago

As I have a thought, I write it down.

Sometimes on paper but I have a Palm within reach (or in my pocket) most times.

3. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

That would be nice to know... Man I kept waking up last nighting thinking about the book series I'm reading. I'm exhausted.

4. Dottie1 profile image75
    Dottie1posted 8 years ago

Whenever I get pulled into thought like that,  I try to remember to  bring myself back to my own awareness.  The more you practice this the better at it you will get and less often  will you get sucked downstream in your own flowing flood of thought.   The key is in the remembering!  Good Luck, this really works and you will begin to sleep soo much better.   This might sound crazy but at least it works for me!  smile

Thanks I will give it a try and see how it works!!

5. jimmythejock profile image88
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

it is very simple guys I have an easy method, I write a hub.....jimmy

6. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

http://luxury-blogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/jack_daniels.jpg

Works every time big_smile

1. pylos26 profile image78
      pylos26posted 8 years agoin reply to this

wow...now there's a serendipitus delight...fit for a king.

2. Triplet Mom profile image79

LOL!! With a little sour mix that just might help me. Got to love it!!  .

7. ripplemaker profile image85
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

Good one Mark LOL

I don't drink so I take deep breaths and listen to soothing calming music.

Other times, I allow myself to think and write what's on my head. 

big_smile

8. Lifebydesign profile image64
    Lifebydesignposted 8 years ago

Depends on what you're thinking about..! :-)

9. Lifebydesign profile image64
    Lifebydesignposted 8 years ago

I mean if you're creating and you're energised by it then keep it going. But if it's rehashing same-old, same-old stuff that you're tired of hearing, isn't getting you anywhere and isn't resourceful to you then you're heaps better off shutting it off. Is it anything in particular?

For me its either stories or ideas.  If they are stories or ideas I usually write them down. Sometimes I find if I get them out of my head and on to paper or even into my phone's note section my brain rests a bit.  The thing that I am finding is that more ideas come to me while I am about to fall asleep or in the shower.  I am thinking that its because I have 3 kids running around all the time and this is the time that I have alone with my thoughts or ideas.

1. Lifebydesign profile image64
        Lifebydesignposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Lucky you Triplet mom, sounds like it's good stuff. Yep, it seems like that's the time your ideas come out to you during this quiet period. If its not interfering with your sleep, or running up your water bill, keep a journal and pen handy and write them all down. If it is then you could schedule a time for yourself when the kids are napping, when you're in the toilet(!), get the kids babysat or get up a little earlier and have a lie-in to generate ideas and start getting used to using that time specifically to be productive and creative.

Good luck with it. :-)

ps often if you're not acting on them and engaged in the ideas then they'll keep coming to stir you into action, and really because you're wanting to do it. If you take one and work with it you'll find ideas springing off that one. Depends on what your preference is, and what you're wanting to produce.

Actually I lie in is a great idea I hadn't thought about doing something like that. Because sometimes these ideas do interfere with my sleep.  I would try waking up early but I am not an early bird (do not function well in the morning) and my son is always awake extremely early.  So maybe lying down and trying to relax for a bit might be a great idea.  Thanks so much.

working