My Today's Show Appearance

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (60 posts)
  1. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 11 years ago

Well, it's history. big_smile I did give HubPages a plug, albeit a quick mention. Matt Lauer  was sooooo nice, as was the whole crew.

So today I begin to fade into obscurity. lol

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What - I missed it?? Dang. The one morning I sleep late. I started watching the show this morning when Paula Deen was on, and I'm still watching. I was really hoping to see you! Can we see a clip anywhere?

2. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I missed it!   You will definitely not fade into obscurity!

3. moonlake profile image87
      moonlakeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You sure did give HubPages a plug, I loved it. You have a beautiful daughter. I will be watching TLC tonight. I don't clean as much as you but I do have toothbrushes in my kitchen and bath and I use toothpicks everywhere. Don't forget to clean the inside of the ice maker has all kinds of bacteria.
      You looked so nice and pretty loved your dress.

4. MarleneB profile image93
      MarleneBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I saw it! And, I loved your slogan, "I'm not crazy; I'm just clean!" You go girl!

5. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I SAW you freta!!    I try to never miss the Today Show.  I like Matt and Al, Savannah and Natalie...(& the new guy)....very much.  They always start my day off in a good way.
      I was sooo excited for you.  You and your daughter were wonderful.   You did an excellent interview and I was thrilled, as a "Hubber" to hear you give HubPages a plug!!!     
      I wish you much success on your new show!!     I don't know how you can stand the excitement of becoming a reality star!!...............

fastfretaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes fpherj48, those guys are all so nice. The new guy's name is Willie Geist, and he is very nice.  He actually was afraid to shake hands with me, for fear I would not want to, that was funny. I do however user hand sanitizer when I shake hands with a man, very discretely, I might add.

As far as a show goes, that was my only segment.  This is a test to see if the show will be popular enough for a series, but that's it for me. They did say that if it's picked up our segments will air again, but with only two per episode, so we will get more air time.

1. donotfear profile image82
          donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I hope there's another segment.
          It's as if everyone is left hanging...there is no end.  I understand this was a pilot (that's what I was on, a pilot that never made it on the air) but I hope they show more cause it could go on for sure!  Anyway, I do understand the let-down feeling afterwards, I've been there.  It's as if everything you worked for and went through in a whirlwind is over.  Now what.....(?)
            I was really rattled after my taping cause they had put me through so much and I was under those wretched confidentiality agreements and couldn't tell anyone about the experience.  I also had severe post traumatic stress from it.  Then to find out it wouldn't air at all.

I'm glad your show made it on the air....I think it will continue.  Stay tuned.

6. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That was very cool, I love a clean freak!

By the way, you're daughter is gorgeous!

7. rfmoran profile image64
      rfmoranposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Alfreda - you're entitled to your 15 minutes of fame! Go for it - Write a hub about it. Russ Moran

8. teaches12345 profile image77
      teaches12345posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! That is so nice that one of our fellow hubbers has received some notice.  Sounds like it was fun and exciting.  Sorry I missed it as well.

9. Jamie Brock profile image85
      Jamie Brockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I saw you on TLC and I thought it was great and I don't see anything wrong with being a clean person... You have a nice looking son and you and your daughter are gorgeous!  I did watch the clip of you on the Today's Show at the link someone posted here.. and I just think it's awesome you had this opportunity and thank you for mentioning HP in the interview! I have a question.. is Matt Lauer as cute in person as he is on TV?

Yes Jamie, Matt looks just like he does on TV. And he's just as nice

2. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 11 years ago

Congratulation Fastfreta. Saw the Today show appearance. Also saw you mentioneed on The View yesterday with cleaning fruit. There was a clip of you washing fruit using bleach. ( I think that was what it was.)

3. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

Yehhhhhh!!!!!

4. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

Hey fastfreta,
    I saw the Today's Show! That was pretty awesome, you did well. Your daughter was great. I look forward to seeing the show on TLC tonight. I'm already a Hoarder fan so I'm sure seeing the other side will be interesting. Nice plug for Hubpages. I have nothing but big ups and support for you. Don't worry about fading into obscurity. Enjoy your 15 minutes, you deserve it.

5. ocbill profile image51
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

I missed it and it is on. I saw the Dustin Hoffman interview and the subway incident covered.

6. Robin profile image84
    Robinposted 11 years ago

Congrats, Freta!!  Here's the link on the Today Show!!  So happy for you!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You and your daughter look great! Nice :-)

2. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link, Robin.

3. cameciob profile image81
      cameciobposted 11 years agoin reply to this

thank you for posting this link Robin. I is awsome.
      And Fastfreta, congrats to you.

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

kewl!....good for you Fastfreta!!!!!....'im not crazy, i'm just clean'....i luv it!

i hope you had fun with the show and the interview!

5. snakeslane profile image82
      snakeslaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link!
      Freta, I love the dress. Thanks for the Hubs plug! Must have been so exciting...congratulations!

7. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years ago

Well done! smile

8. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 11 years ago

I thought it was a wonderful interview- both you and your daughter came across as natural, warm people. Could we have a TV star in the making?

9. Kim Grbac Diaz profile image71
    Kim Grbac Diazposted 11 years ago

You go girl! Awesome...be proud...we are!  More to come? thakns for sharing...wink

10. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 11 years ago

I came in from walking the dog at 7:45 and checked the messages here-- thought I had missed it  but, being on the west coast, they were just starting to mention you. It was another hour before they got to your spot. Good job!  Hope you got to enjoy some of NYC.

I don't usually watch Today and now I know why-- I think they have more commercial time than program.

11. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 11 years ago

Thanks to the link provided by Robin, I was able to watch you on Today's Show.  You were awesome, fastfreta!  Omg you really love to clean.  I enjoyed watching you and your daughter so comfortable with Matt Lauer.  Congratulations, girl!   Woohoo!  smile

12. Gypsy48 profile image76
    Gypsy48posted 11 years ago

Congrats fastfreta,  Both you and your daughter were awesome.

13. Scribenet profile image64
    Scribenetposted 11 years ago

Thanks Robin for the link...Freta, you and your daughter looked gorgeous and you aced the interview. Congratulations!  I had a laugh when you described why you are fastfreta...lol. I don't think you would like to eat at my place...I believe in healthy germs...lol...but I sure admire your cleaning skills. smile smile

14. Uninvited Writer profile image77
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

Do you want to come visit me for a while, I have an apartment that would love you to clean it smile

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image81
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Can I be next on the list? I have an entire house begging for attention!

15. LetitiaFT profile image69
    LetitiaFTposted 11 years ago

That is so fantastic! I just watched the video. You look so natural before a camera. I wish I shared your love of cleaning!

16. SmartAndFun profile image98
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

Congrats, Fastfreta, that was so much fun to watch. Like someone else mentioned, your daughter is gorgeous. And like almost everyone has mentioned, you are a natural in front of the camera! Some might think your cleaning habits are crazy, but you come across as very smart and likeable. You would be great in a Clorox commercial! I hope some sort of endorsement deal comes through for you!

17. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

Super cool. Watched video. Maybe you'll get asked after that gets out to do some other show, like Big Brother or Wife Swappers or something like it. You look great on there, and your daughter is lovely. Super congrats on that, I hope it turns into something more for you than just fading into obscurity. I bet it does help somehow.

18. Simone Smith profile image81
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

This is so cool, fastfreta!! Neat people ROCK!! Yay for cleaning- and thanks so much for mentioning HubPages!

19. fastfreta profile image75

Just got in from New York, tired but satisfied.  Aw thanks you guys, you all make me feel so good. big_smile

As soon as I rest I'll write more.

20. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I saw the preview this morning before work, and set the dvr to record it.  You are a natural in front of the camera.  I felt so proud of you, like a hubber sister!  I'm recording the Neat Freaks show also that is about to start.  Rest well and be proud. smile  We may be seeing more of you!

21. Global-Chica profile image94
    Global-Chicaposted 11 years ago

Congrats, Freta! Great job on your tv debut - you were so natural and look good smile
    So cool that it was your article on HubPages that led the tv show producers to call you.
    Wishing you lots of continued success!

22. Sherry Hewins profile image87
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

You did great on TV. Seemed very relaxed and natural. You certainly are welcome at my house, it will not be hard for you to find something that needs cleaning, even though my MIL is coming to visit in a couple of weeks and I've been busy cleaning like mad.

23. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

We watched the show. Very cool. LOL @ your daughter putting up with you. And LoL @ you at that restaurant, asking your kid, "You really going to eat that?" and he was like, "Yep, I am."

Great stuff. Again, grats. That was fun.

24. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 11 years ago

I saw the Today Show clip, and I also saw Neat Freaks. Too cool!

Freta - I luv ya, girlfriend, but you'd have a field day at my house! You have a handsome family, and your daughter is gorgeous. Could you give me a transfusion of your cleaning obsession? Share the love! lol

1. donotfear profile image82
      donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Me too.......if Freta came to my house she'd literally fall over in a dead faint.  We'd have to call an ambulance.  I keep things picked up around the house, try to free it of clutter, but as far as dusting and cleaning: NOT! 
      As long as my bathroom and kitchen are clean, I let the rest go.

25. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I watched part of the Neat Freaks episode before bed.  You are too funny!  Now every time I clean, I'm going to wonder if it would pass the FF test, which it wouldn't!  Enjoy the limelight, maybe Oprah will hear about you... !

26. Nell Rose profile image86
    Nell Roseposted 11 years ago

Just watched the link! Yeah way to go! Nice to see you!

27. Kim Grbac Diaz profile image71
    Kim Grbac Diazposted 11 years ago

Freta you are so damn cute. Lovely family too. You keep at it...the world is a better...and cleaner place because of you!  Clean on!

28. KCC Big Country profile image79
    KCC Big Countryposted 11 years ago

Congrats, Freta!   I watched the Today Show clip and caught the TLC program last night.  You and your familly are darling!  It's easy to see why they chose you for the show!  I do believe this is just the beginning for you and your daughter!  Look out Hollywood!  smile

29. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years ago

Congratulations TV Star!  I watched the Today show (thanks for the link Robin). You and your daughter are both beautiful and natural in front of a camera.  I hope there are more opportunities like that for you if you want them.

30. Uninvited Writer profile image77
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

I saw the show too. You have a very attractive family smile Move over Kardashians smile

31. Sunshine625 profile image83
    Sunshine625posted 11 years ago

I just watched your segment, you were awesome! I wish I was as dedicated to cleaning as you are! Well done! I also liked your HubPages shout-out! smile

32. fastfreta profile image75

Thanks all! In an answer to someone saying I should write a hub, I will, when I come down from this cloud, and everything goes back to normal, which I surmise will be in about a week. tongue I don't think I'll get 15 minutes of fame, just a few seconds, but that's alright, I've had fun with this journey. big_smile

33. EsmeSanBona profile image80
    EsmeSanBonaposted 11 years ago

Awesome, awesome, awesome.  You and your daughter rock!

34. tlpoague profile image79
    tlpoagueposted 11 years ago

I saw the show and thought you were a natural. It gave me the urge to go do some purge cleaning. I missed the TLC show, but look forward to reading your hub about cleaning. Congrats!

35. profile image0
    summerberrieposted 11 years ago

Loads of fun. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Just delightful in every way!

36. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

Congrats Freta smile that was awesome and thanks HP for posting the clip! that is one chapter you can add quite proudly to your 'Memoirs' wink

37. quildon profile image78
    quildonposted 11 years ago

Congratulations!!! Sorry I missed it. Some of us still have to work you know, but I'm glad someone posted the link. I'm going to watch! All the best.

38. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 11 years ago

hey fastfreta...i watched the show....i never watch reality shows...but it was you, so i watched it!...but only the piece about you near the beginning...you have a very nice looking family! ...you must be very proud!....i bet they are great kids!

Thanks for watching for me, I do appreciate it. Thanks for the compliment, yes my kids are pretty good.

39. cclitgirl profile image91
    cclitgirlposted 11 years ago

Freta - sooo awesomesauce!  I didn't know you were on Today, but I'll look at Robin's link below.  I know I've missed it, but what's the TLC show?  I would LOVE to see it.  smile

Sorry, it is called "Neat Freaks." You can Google or Bing it and see several clips of the show.  This is just a pilot to see if the public would love seeing a show like this.  However my part is over, I was just there for the pilot.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)