satanic Hub attached at the bottom of my Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (62 posts)
  1. By Lori profile image61
    By Loriposted 11 years ago

Some pinhead wrote a Hub with a giant triple 6  sign on it - and as if they are just so
    innocent and it's all about MATH. Right.....................................
    Knowing that people have hidden agendas is sickening to me.

So this piece of crap Hub is on one of mine as a part of the  "see more Hubs"
    feature---at the bottom of one of my Hubs. Which is going to be un-published in a few minutes because I am tired of waiting while the staff here do nothing and don't even have the courtesy to answer me.

At first I thought the "block Hubs" option was working - it was not. SUPPOSEDLY you can block other Hubs. It doesn't work.

People make me ill with their sick minded uncaring pollution.
    It's insensitive and it's ruining my experience here -
    The person who wrote it knows full well it will bother people , their prime reason for writing the Hub in the first place I'm sure. Oh there is a "long word" they included, a label for people who are "scared" of the triple digit 6,   

I could care less. Fear ? no, LOATHING YES. I'm not going to sit here while that piece of crap Hub is actually a part of  mine.   HUBPAGES ROTTEN STAFF DON'T CARE. THEY WILL LET YOU SEND HELP REQUESTS FOREVER AND THEY DO NOTHING.

The people running Hub pages suck - they won't answer my MANY requests for help on the matter--THEY WON'T EVEN RESPOND TO IT.  How nice. How respectful. We are encouraged to write out little fingers off but they allow satanic B.S.  on your Hub and just hold your breath if you'd like to discuss it.

So, I' ready to just take my articles elsewhere - this place stinks.
    For any moron advertising that kind of negative crap - it will bite you on the *** and soon I hope.

- MY ARTICLES ARE GOING TO NOW BE UNPUBLISHED AND REMOVED. THIS SITE IS BEING RUN BY A STAFF WHO COULD CARE LESS WHAT THEY ALLOW TO BE PUBLISHED , THEY COULD CARE LESS HOW IT AFFECTS PEOPLE.

GOD BLESS YOU.  Having your own web site is the only way to go, that's what I'm doing now. No longer am I going to join any group site where the staff could care less and negative,satanic people get away with attaching their crap onto other people's articles.

And in Latin:
    PATER NOSTER, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

And no, I am not "following" answers here. I've had enough-

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This could literally be the funniest thing I've ever read in my entire life.

Seriously...this thread should be facebook sharable.

1. johndnathan profile image75
        johndnathanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, if it was on Facebook it would need an egregious amount of spelling and grammar errors, turning into a complete collapse of the English language.  I commend the op for their proper grammar and thoughtfulness to include a translation.

2. relache profile image68
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ORLY?

2. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 11 years ago

Thank you for the free publicity, Lori!

Ah... so YOU are the one who writes the math hubs?

I am actually very fond of them... In a huh? kinda way.

I believe it was your hub on the probability of rolling a certain number on three dice?  Very well done.

3. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 11 years ago

The funny thing is that my hub on 666 really IS all about math.  I don't know anything about Satanism...

Maybe she has arithmophobia.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
        DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And, does not know the expression is "couldn't care less," for the meaning she intends.....
        Nor does she realize that there is no such thing as "satanic," that being a human construct put forth as an excuse for our own propensity to behave badly at times......in other words, a cop-out for failure to accept responsibility for our own actions.  Much easier to blame a fictional devil character....

Awwww... and we were having so much fun.

Then you had to insert a serious moral lesson that I know someone is going to start a religious argument over.

OK... everyone out of the pool.

2. fpherj48 profile image61
          fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dzy!.....Thank you, my good woman!  In reading this, my main concern was the expression that Lori and far too many others, repeatedly state INCORRECTLY!  I DO correct people on this, as you did.....and I'm not concerned with whether this annoys them or not. 
          If you are trying to  express yourself, or get a point across....please "know" what you are saying and HOW to say it properly.  Thank you.
          With regard to this comment, keep this in mind.......If one truly does NOT care about an issue.....the correct thing to say is: "I COULDN'T care less!"   It is NOT, "I could care less."...........If you COULD care less....then you are NOT really TOTALLY unconcerned.  Get it?
          However if you care LESS about an issue, than anything else.......It is properly said, "I COULD NOT care less."
          As for the main gist of this hub...."I couldn't care less, about commenting."   Thank you again Dzy!!

3. NateB11 profile image85
          NateB11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, Dzy, you nailed it.

2. Paul Maplesden profile image59
        Paul Maplesdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Best comment of the day - This made me laugh my tea over my desk!

2. ritsukakunx profile image51
      ritsukakunxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good job! Thanks for writing a silly hub and getting rid of a bigot! You are awesome! big_smile

3. johndnathan profile image75

To some people math is satanism, especially algebraic math.

4. moonlake profile image87
      moonlakeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It was your 666 hub that she was upset with? It's just a math hub as far as I can see.

1. SmartAndFun profile image96
        SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Open your eyes, Moonlake!! That hub is all about the DEVIL!!! Calculus-Geometry is most certainly being a sneaky SATANIST when he/she writes about MATH!

Back off, Satan! I have garlic and wooden stakes! Oh wait, that is for vampires. sad

1. Nicole Winter profile image61
          Nicole Winterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you've it wrong, MATH is Satan's handiwork!  Calculus-Geometry is simply it's unwitting fool!  We must stage an intervention for Calculus-Geometry, hold 'em down so we can get the evil MATH spirits out of 'em!

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years ago

I see where fear of the number 666 is called "Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia."

1. profile image0
      Bronwyn J Hansenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Gesundheit big_smile

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I'm feeling much better now.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
        DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ROFL, Bronwyn...

5. Winterfate profile image70
    Winterfateposted 11 years ago

Oh wow. Well, this got out of hand quickly. I'm agnostic myself, but I can see why that one hub might have rubbed her the wrong way. However, given the circumstances there is only one thing to do: *Follows calculus-geometry*

6. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 11 years ago

Good grief! I wake up and go on Hub Pages and I read this forum.... I think I will go back to bed!

I see Lori has indeed unpublished all of her Hubs ... a person of her word.

I wonder if re-titling her hub where that advertised 666 thing appeared - could have improved the situation? Or whether putting her hub into a "group" of other hubs could have improved things... just wondering...

7. Len Cannon profile image85
    Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

Good night, everyone!

8. NateB11 profile image85
    NateB11posted 11 years ago

I'm going to have to start reading more of those math Hubs, they sound very interesting.

9. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

THAT is the most Emotionally Immature HissyFit I have ever seen.... I can only imagine the absolute meltdown that would occur if she ever had to dial 999 while up-side-down!  How Pathetic! roll

A 'Pinhead?'  - A piece of crap!!!  I have reported this BS ... I've seen real people banned here for less!  sad   Whata Loser!  sad

10. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

Wow, I never get any exciting satanic/math links under my Hubs, gee...

1. Pearldiver profile image69
      Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly...... All she had to do was Change or Create a different Group FFS!  Unbelievable!  roll

11. Greekgeek profile image81
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

Oh, this is funny. Well played, math teacher, well played. Probably the cleverest use of an eye-catching bit of irreverence since Polygamy Porter ran the "you can never have just one" billboards in Salt Lake.

(Just remember: 668, neighbor of the beast.)

12. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 11 years ago

Good grief! Can't believe I missed this one. lol

13. profile image0
    Bronwyn J Hansenposted 11 years ago

I saw a good bumper sticker recently. It read "333 - I'm only half evil!"
    True story!

14. ritsukakunx profile image51
    ritsukakunxposted 11 years ago

I'm glad everyone here is not taking the post seriously. Faith in humanity was lessened after reading the OP...

.... but was quickly restored after reading the replies!

15. profile image0
    Bronwyn J Hansenposted 11 years ago

I see Lori left a parting rant, er,  Hub. Just flagged it as "abuse".

What would have been REALLY funny is if calculus-geometry's hub would have been at the bottom of THAT one too.

If she hadn't had so many hubs I'd say this was an example of Po's Law.

16. FatFreddysCat profile image85
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

Goodness. That was the most utterly random hissy fit I've seen in a very long time.

1. Paul Maplesden profile image59
      Paul Maplesdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

'Utterly Random Hissy Fit' would be a great name for a band. I imagine it would be a glam metal/jazz/funk crossover.

I'm imagining a bunch of punk-rock girls with pink and purple hair.

2. Nicole Winter profile image61

Okay... that just totally made my day, thank-you so much, Paul M., Utterly Random Hissy Fit would make an EXCELLENT band name.

I know this is not going to be as popular as some of the other very funny, very thoughtful responses to this thread, but as I read her post, (the OP,) I couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

I realize, yes, she's abusive, and no, she certainly isn't Hub Pages quality or material. 

There was a overlying tone of desperation to her post, however, which pulled at my heartstrings.  How confusing the day-to-day world must be to her, when the entire universe doesn't revolve around her every whim.  How frustrating that her every fear isn't taken seriously and resolved within a timely matter or the matter of minutes which she considers to be timely.

1. profile image55
          whoisitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hub pages quality? Really?

Do I not write quality hubs?

Do you not write quality hubs?

Have you seen anyone other than the Original Poster who has posted to this thread not write quality hubs?

Then yes, I stand by my statement, Hub Pages quality.  The people who have posted in this conversation are all high quality writers.

1. profile image55

I don't know if you write quality hubs I haven't read any of them. I have read many hubs I wouldn't call quality including my own. I have read very few on this site that impressed me at all. I have to say Mark Knowles writes some good stuff, but this site isn't about quality its about quantity.

No, this site is all about the DEVIL!!!!!! It is A BUNCH OF CRAP I tell you and I am OUT OF HERE!!!!
                lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Despite the massive number of Christian hubs, forums, and questions posted every day I'm quite certain this site is all about SATAN!!!

THAT'S IT!!! I'M PACKING UP MY HUBS AND LEAVING!!!

I'M NOT OVERREACTING!!!!!!

[storms out door]

I'm sorry you feel that way.  I'm certainly not going to waste my very valuable time arguing with you, (I'm way too damn busy) but I would certainly suggest, (just a suggestion!,) two things:

A.  Read more hubs smile  Who doesn't like to read free internet content?

B.  Flag, baby, flag!  Anything you come across that is obviously substandard, please, take a moment out of your day to flag it.  What happens next?  Who knows?!?  At least you can *feel* like you've done something to try to make our community a cleaner place smile

Yes, I certainly have hubs out there that aren't "high-quality," I recently put a post into the PIT about this, when seeing the title of Simone Smith's latest survey sparked deep reflection and brutal honesty within me.

But they still have quality to them.  I am sure your hubs do, too.

If you look at Hub Pages from the perspective of "making money," yes, then it is about quantity.  In my opinion, that's a shame... Hub Pages, for me, (and I really delve into this elsewhere,) is about taking action, owning my writing and writing without fear.  Hub Pages is about having a community of writers who are there for one another, even if they're disagreeing with you, you can still gain insight from what they have to say.

Ultimately, (and I haven't been as diligent as I should be in regards to this,) you get what you put into a community.  I'm sorry if you feel that your experience here hasn't been what you were seeking out.  Even sorrier if you feel like quantity is the only thing you've taken away from being here, it's a crying shame.  After being here a month, though, perhaps you'll find in time that there is more to HP than what your original impression has been, by golly, I really hope so.

Welcome to Hub Pages.  I hope you stick around, writing online for yourself and for the world to see will take you to some incredible places and teach you some amazing things about yourself.

And onwwards to SmartAndFun who brings us back to the original topic at hand... I love you guys smile

1. profile image55

This isn't a community of writers, its a community of people writing...thats all

1. fpherj48 profile image61
                    fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Whoisit (Mark Taylor)......We are all so grateful to you for your expert opinion of our site and what it is and is not.   After all, who better to present this information to us, but an individual who has been a member of HP for 5 weeks, has written one hub and has Zero comments & followers, no bio, no picture and a score of 72??
                    Since you have really taken off like a super star here, we can't help but respect your opinion.
                    Lovely talented and intelligent fellow-WRITERS.....Hub Friends....isn't Mark (whoisit) wonderful?   We should all express appreciation.  Where are your manners?

17. EricDockett profile image98
    EricDockettposted 11 years ago

The further I read in that rant the more it made me want to find and read the Hub.  I was expecting some maniac spewing satanism, (which would have been interesting too) but it was actually very informative.

18. Paul Maplesden profile image59
    Paul Maplesdenposted 11 years ago

If you spin around Widdershins three times whilst snapping a protractor into 17 pieces and reciting Fermat's Last Theorem, it will summon Shub-Niggurath, The Dark Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young - Fact.

Please report back on your findings.

19. FatFreddysCat profile image85
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

Lucky you... in my time here I've written almost exclusively about heavy metal music and horror movies, but I've never been accused of promoting Satanism. sad

I almost wish someone would. I could use the traffic. smile

Maybe you should learn by example and put more math in your hubs.

Now I'm imagining a death metal song about the Pythagorean theorem.

"A SQUARED PLUS B SQUARED EQUALS C SQUARED!!!  RRROOOAAARRR!!!"

20. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7584480.jpg

21. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

Send a message to team@hubpages.com and tell them that you are offended by that hub and would like it removed from the bottom of your hubs.

Yes, please do!  I am sure the Hub Pages team has nothing better to do than cater to your idiosyncrasies...

Actually, Linda, I think she did and they didn't respond in a timely enough fashion to her liking.

Someone mentioned, (if this happens to you in the future,) that by grouping her hub differently, the "offending" hub linked to hers at the bottom of the page would have automagically been removed.

Since I don't use "grouping" because I have no idea how it works or honestly "What Grouping Can Do for Me!,"  I can't be any more specific than that.

As far as I know, grouping only determines the two of your own hubs that show at the bottom of your articles ("more by this author," "next," or whatever it says.)

There is no way that I know of to get rid of a particular article in the "discover more hubs" section. The algo that plucks these titles for us seems to pick up on certain words in your hub's title and puts articles in the "discover" section that also have that word in the title. I don't know the name of the OP's deleted hub, but I believe the article that offended her is titled "Interesting Facts and Properties of the Beast's Number 666." I don't know exactly how the algo works but my guess is the OP's article shared one or some of those words in her title.

To group your hubs, go to your "my account" page. In the black box on the left, click on "groups." If you haven't made any groups, click on "add new group." Based on the hubs you have, create categories they'll fit in, for example "makeup tips" "celebrity gossip" and "satan." Then you drag your articles into the categories. When someone views one of your grouped articles, two more of your articles from the same group will be advertised at the bottom.

There's probably a learning center article that explains it better.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
          mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wondered if it could have possibly been a different '666' hub to the Math one, but then I went back and read the OP again and she actually mentioned that the hub in question was about Math, and also said about the long word it contained that meant people who had a fear of the number 666. I was surprised that it actually was the Math hub by calculus-geometry she was referring to (crazy eh) lol smile.

http://calculus-geometry.hubpages.com/h … Number-666

So the next time I'm doing makeup for Satan I can entertain him with the latest in celebrity gossip.  I heard his reception really sucks "down below*  smile  Oh...

Also, thanks, SmartAndFun for the incisive and thoroughly educational breakdown on how grouping works.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I hope she does, if it will work.
      But I think her original post said she already tried that?.........

22. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image80
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

I'm going to go write a TeleTubbies hub. Maybe it will show up on the bottom of the 666 hub.

1. profile image0

Good idea, Marcy! But do not expect ads to be enabled - Tinky Winky is gay!

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image80
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't remember which Tubbie was the evil one - thanks for reminding me!  I'm sure Satan is behind that program.  Children's cartoon?  Phhfffttt!

1. profile image0

No problem lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)