FIXED: Temporary traffic stats issues.

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 72 discussions (149 posts)
  1. jainismus profile image73
    jainismusposted 11 years ago

There is a sudden drop in my Hubpages views, I lost 75% views today. Am I alone experiencing this, or there are many Hubbers suffering from this type of huge drop?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@jainismus We are unaware of any site issues that would affect traffic.
      Generally, changes in traffic are par for the course.

When you say your views "dropped 75%" do you have numeric data?
      The reason I ask is that if I had a Hub that had 4 views yesterday, and only 1 today, then that would be a 75% change, yet not be a significant number.

To what specific view numbers are you referring? 24 hour views?  The views for a specific Hub?  Total published Hub views?

Once we have a bit more details, we can attempt to assist you further.
      The more details the better!

1. Georgie Lowery profile image90
        Georgie Loweryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yesterday, my view count was around 1400 and has been hovering between that and 1900 for the last two weeks. Right now it's 532. Also, about 60% of my Hubs have a blue arrow.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mine has gone way down too, but it is being caused by loss of Google views. I hope they didn't do another Panda. This has been going on with me for 2 weeks or so, but today the Google searches are way down.

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
            Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@Barbara, my traffic has been falling for the past two weeks as well, but apparently last night was the biggest crash. Very weird.

2. jainismus profile image73
        jainismusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

For last seven days, my page views were between 550 to 650 per day, today the are just 150. Last morning, the page view were about 500, and at night they were dropped to 160.

I am talking about total page views of all the published Hubs.

Thanks...

1. Paul Kuehn profile image93
          Paul Kuehnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

jainismus,
          You are not alone.  My page views were down 50 percent from the past 12 hours and I have a lot of blue arrows.  Looks like another Panda update!!

3. Matthew Meyer profile image70

Alright folks.

Here is the update!
        We identified and addressed an issue with stats at approximately 5:30PM PT yesterday 2/21/2013.

It will take some time for the data shown here to be current:

http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/stats

Today the "1 day" column should be accurate.
        It may take some additional time for the  "7 day" and "30 day"  period to catch up.

Thanks again for everyone's continued patience.

1. Rock_nj profile image91
          Rock_njposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the official update regarding this issue.  :-)

2. Matthew Meyer profile image70

Thanks to everyone for all the examples.
      I have forwarded this to our engineering team to see if there is perhaps an issue on our end.  Thanks for your continued patience.

3. Jenn-Anne profile image75
      Jenn-Anneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't have many featured hubs and therefore don't have the same number of views as most folks. However, for the last three months my traffic has been fairly steady.  Then yesterday there was a pretty big drop - I saw only about a quarter of the views that I had been getting. Today Google Analytics shows my views back up a bit but those stats don't match the stats Hubpages is giving me. Maybe we're dealing with both Panda and an HP technical issue?

1. Jenn-Anne profile image75
        Jenn-Anneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just wanted to follow up by mentioning that my HP stats seem to have caught up with what Google Analytics is reporting. Yesterday ended up being a decent day for me. Today, on the other hand, not off to a great start... Oh well - there are always going to be ups and downs. (I'm just always hoping for more ups!)

4. tnvrstar profile image66
      tnvrstarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are not alone. Today I also noticed a huge drop in traffic. But hopefully everything will be fine.

Since the traffic stats from yesterday are all messed up, don't expect an earnings report any time soon.  Has HubPages acknowledged this traffic shortfall officially yet?

5. molometer profile image80
      molometerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have had a similar experience.
      My traffic is down by 1,111 exactly, over a 7 day period.

Is this the beginning of the slide into total oblivion or has someone forgotten to put some money in the meter.

There have been no Panda or other updates in the last week, so it must be that someone has pulled a plug out somewhere, or something equally as daft.

Thank you and goodnight. smile

6. Anishpat profile image77
      Anishpatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are certainly not alone jainismus. This is the largest ever drop I have experienced. For the first time I actually have fewer views than I have hubs! I have no idea what is going on. Traffic from Google has virtually dried up. I think Google is not too fond of Hubpages anymore.

7. jainismus profile image73
      jainismusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The website says:
      'Over 39 Million people discover HubPages every month'
      Just two days before the number was 41 Millions. So within two days, the number of visitors is dropped by 2 millions.

2. Cowboy Tom profile image78
    Cowboy Tomposted 11 years ago

There's another thread talking about this. Allegedly it has been fixed, but none of my hits have been shown to return or be adjusted, and that's across several hub profiles I work under; all of which are significantly down on the day as well.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

All I know, is since the start of this month, my daily earnings are "three dollar-days" behind.  (Mostly, my earnings are even with the numerical day of the month plus odd change...this month, they are 3 numbers short of the date, and it has been consistent (at that reduced level) all month.

I have also noticed significantly more blue arrows than red ones...but no, I've not tried to do a mathematical analysis--math is not my strong suit.

4. roxanne459 profile image78
    roxanne459posted 11 years ago

My views have dropped dramatically in the last couple of hours sad

5. Nell Rose profile image88
    Nell Roseposted 11 years ago

Mine too. Earlier today it was on the usual couple of thousand, then bump, straight down to about 600, it just seems really odd as I have been on the usual amount for weeks now.

6. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years ago

Mine too, I went from 700 views a day to 308! sad

Like DzyMsLizzy, my income is down also, but I've lost $40, not just $3.

I suspect Google has something to do with this again.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
      DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My earnings are not just down for the past day or two, but all month to date. 
      It's been minus $3 every day, DOM, not just in total.....  so, where on the 1st, for example, I might have had $1.36 (just making up numbers for purposes of illustration), and on the 3rd, I might have had $3.67, and by the 20th, $20.46,  at this point, it's the 21st, and I'm at $18 and change...and was at $0 from the 1st through the 3rd.... :-(

The Big G is a royal pain in the drain!

7. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

I know a lot of people have reported  a loss of traffic.  Mine is so low it's hard to tell anymore.  It will only get worse I'm afraid.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Google penalizing "content farms."

Is HP a content farm?

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes indeed DOM, HP is definitely considered a content farm and Google is trying to rid itself of them.

That's what I was afraid of!

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
          DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought that giving us our individual sub-domains was supposed to fix that issue.....
          On Demand Media Studios, for instance, you cannot write about any topic not in a pre-selected list.  You get mention only as a "contributor" when your article is published on e-How. ....that is a "content farm."

Here, we write pretty much what we want, on our own sub-domains, and It seems like apples and oranges to me...

@Lizzy that's a good point, I did actually forget about that. Although I found most people still consider HP an content farm, but that's also their opinion. I hope Google disagrees!

8. MakinBacon profile image81
    MakinBaconposted 11 years ago

@Matthew Meyer  "Generally, changes in traffic are par for the course"

I've been writing for several years for Hubpages, and I've never seen such devastating loss of traffic so quickly. There is defnitely something unusual going on if it's only affecting a apparent small percentage of Hubbers.

There have been many bumps in traffic as you mention, I've had a couple of falls of the cliff over the last couple of weeks that haven't rebounded. Some of these are from profiles and or individual Hubs that have performed well for years.

You are not alone, Makin.  I've had hubs which have performed well for years which suddenly do nothing.  I feel Google is tired of this place continuing to keep all of the crud on the site.  You know, you've seen a very small sample of it being posted on the forums lately.  There's plenty more where that came from.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
        Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have a sea of blue arrows today as well. It's gotten worse as the day goes on.

9. rajan jolly profile image92
    rajan jollyposted 11 years ago

My views have dropped over 50% with blue arrows all over. Stats were refreshed after 16 hours since yesterday 12 noon India time. Just wondering if there is a glitch in recording stats at HP as it seems far fetched to think a lot of hubbers experience these severe drops all of a sudden and so frequently. Even those whose views are in many thousands per day.

10. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years ago

It's not an issue with HP, if you check your stats on Google analytics, there's just as big of a crash. I think there's been a Google update. They always happen between the 20th and 25th of the month and the next day after the update, traffic crashes horribly.

I don't think we'll really know how much damage has been done until Sunday night when traffic starts to climb again. Traffic always starts to go down around Thursday and then back up on Sunday night. For me anyway.

11. Randy Godwin profile image59

Not so sure as Google may hate HP now and this may be the problem.  It's happened before.

12. Nell Rose profile image88
    Nell Roseposted 11 years ago

Just checked on google analytics, mine says the normal amount that I usually get. Its just hubs that say lower.

1. Alastar Packer profile image71
      Alastar Packerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Same here, Nell. Some time stretch of views going back to at least 17 hrs. simply weren't tallied on the stats.

13. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years ago

My traffic has suddenly dropped to just over 2100 views in the last 24 hours, yet normally it is over 3000-3400 on Sun-Thur (it drops from Friday to Sunday, but begins to climb considerably from late Sunday afternoon onwards). I haven't checked Analytics, but will take a look to see how it compares.

Edit: Just checked Analytics and it says that for Thursday I have had over 3500 views, which although won't match up perfectly with HP due to the 'rolling' 24 hour period setup, does seem to indicate a discrepancy of around 1400 views!

14. Randy Godwin profile image59

Be very afraid, I suspect this is only the beginning, especially with the idle/feature giving them mixed messages.

I guess the only route to go that might not be obliterated by Google is blogging.

The only other option that I can find online is content mills... yuck...

15. Paul Maplesden profile image76
    Paul Maplesdenposted 11 years ago

Just to add some information, there appears to be a substantial discrepancy between HubPages reported stats for the last 24 hours and my Google Analytics stats over the same period:

- HubPages reports the total of all hub views as 120 over the last 24 hours
    - Google Analytics reports total hub views as 205 over the same period as the rolling HP stats

This means that HP stats are currently reporting around 42% lower.

I'm not drawing any conclusions here, just pointing out a difference in figures. (There are normally some minor discrepancies between HP and GA, but they are normally in the single-digit % figure range and I assume are to do with cacheing / timing).

I also did a little searching to see if other sites are reporting drops in traffic due to a potential Google Algo update and can't find anything (yet); although if it *is* an algo update, it may be a little while before full effects are felt and the word goes out.

Fingers crossed that it's not that and that it's a simple reporting discrepancy at HP.

16. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years ago

I just added an edit to my earlier post since checking Google Analytics against HP's figures. It appears there is a discrepancy of around 1400 views between what HP shows versus Anaytics figures. Looks like a glitch to me, but one that needs prompt attention.

It may be a coincidence, but on Google Analytics the figures shown for my Google US hits alone are within 40 views of the overall total amount HP are showing for my 24 hour views. Just makes me wonder if for some reason the data from other search engines, including Google UK etc are not being included in the HP figures for some reason.

17. Cliff Mendrez profile image89
    Cliff Mendrezposted 11 years ago

This might be another Panda update by Google, which they usually release this time of the month. If your stats in Google Analytics do not show a dip in traffic, then there is nothing to worry about. If, however, this is indeed a Panda update, then wait for a couple of days and see where your stats go and you might want to be prepared for some or a lot of editing of your hubs.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

As Analytics are showing far better traffic than HP is doing, it would seem there is something to worry about until HP acknowledge this is an issue and our income will not be affected, plus our correct views will be attributed. Until then I will remain at least a little concerned.

1. Cliff Mendrez profile image89
        Cliff Mendrezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This has happened quite a few times and so far, they have always fixed it. If I remember correctly, they release a statement acknowledging the issue every time this happens.

You are correct that they normally do release a statement and then fix it, but an earlier post by staff member Matthew seemed to indicate they were unaware of any problem and seemed to infer they thought it was a normal fluctuation!

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/109790#post2336612

They are at least now looking into it:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/109790#post2336646

Yes, I was surprised by his statement, knowing that this has been a common issue as of late.

18. profile image55
    mcxniftycallsposted 11 years ago

This is not a drop in Hubpages Traffic but a technical problem on Hubpages.
    Page View are as normal as per Google Analytics and Google Adsense states but just hubpages is not counting any page view at all

1. LCDWriter profile image91
      LCDWriterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm interested in this.  When this happens does HP usually go back and credit the traffic?  Although as a newbie my views are not huge, I'm down by about 50% and that seems consistent with what everyone else is reporting here whether they have 5000 views a day or 50.

They fix it. This is a good learning experience for new writers here. When you notice a sudden drop in traffic, it is better to check your Google Analytics account first.

1. LCDWriter profile image91
          LCDWriterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this!  I learn so much from all of you.  According to Analytics I actually went up in views so it will be interesting to see if HP reflects that whenever it is fixed.

2. aravindb1982 profile image77
        aravindb1982posted 11 years agoin reply to this

The last time this happened about 3 weeks ago, HubPages stated that they would slowly add up to the lost traffic so that over a period of 5-10 days, all the views "lost" in HubPages stats would be returned....

Hope that happens again....

2. Cliff Mendrez profile image89

Which is not new at all.

19. Randy Godwin profile image59

No one is ever sure if the stats are updated correctly or not.  And the sales and ad clicks?  Who know who gets that money as there is no way to check.  This has happened way too much lately and it used to be seldom.  Not a good sign!  yikes

20. Randy Godwin profile image59

Yes, the stats stayed frozen during the peak xmas season for 3 days.  I'm not aware of any statement from them unless it was on the stupid HPads which I don't use.

21. Learn Things Web profile image93
    Learn Things Webposted 11 years ago

My traffic is way down too but my ad impressions are normal and I've had a good earnings day, so it looks like something with Hubpages stats.

1. tammyswallow profile image90
      tammyswallowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My views have dropped 65% percent today. sad

1. Learn Things Web profile image93
        Learn Things Webposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My Hubpages stats are down more than 50% as well. But ad impressions are the same as they've been for the last couple of weeks according to Adsense.

22. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 11 years ago

Looking at that link it seems to relate to Jan 22nd, not Feb 22nd. It still wouldn't explain the difference between Analytics data and HP's even if it were current though. Looks increasingly like this is just the latest HP Glitch.

1. Carson McQueen profile image94
        Carson McQueenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A panda update is likely to be looming, though.

23. SoundNFury profile image82
    SoundNFuryposted 11 years ago

I'm in the same boat as well.  Views have plummeted from yesterday to today.  I'm used to the up-and-down nature of traffic, but this drop was really harsh :- /

24. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I read yesterday at seroundtable that Panda #25 may have been unleashed yesterday or today.  http://www.seroundtable.com/google-pand … 16392.html

I just checked analytics and they show a normal traffic day for me.  HP stats are abnormally low.

25. Learn Things Web profile image93
    Learn Things Webposted 11 years ago

According to Google Analytics, I've had 170 visits today. That's normal for a Thursday. My Hubpages stats say 90, which is abnormal.

26. Real Guider profile image61
    Real Guiderposted 11 years ago

I would be very happy if the drop in traffic on the stats is due to technical problem in hubpages. I hate panda.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Real Guider, I agree. Groan. Groan.  I've been through Pandas before that didn't like me and it makes me want to throw up my hands and give up. I always pick myself up though and continue on.

I seldom receive much traffic from the big G anymore since my disastrous overnight plunge when changing over to sub-domains.  I lost 85% of traffic overnight and nothing I do will bring it back.

And no, HP is still considered a content farm by Google.  They know nothing is different about the subs on HP.

27. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 11 years ago

Has to be a HP glitch.
    I'm only down 100 views from yesterday's total and there are about 5 hours left till Adsense end of day, so I am just about right if not a tad better than yesterday views wise.

28. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 11 years ago

I just checked Google Analytics.  It shows 40% more views for my hubs than HubPages; similiar to what others have reported.  When will we be hearing something official from HubPages about this problem?

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Analytics is 24 hours behind. Even if you set it to hourly, you can mouse over the graph and see that it is yesterday's stuff at the latest. Google's live reporting is pretty useless unless you want to sit and watch for hours at a time.

This might be an HP glitch but Analytics will not tell you anything useful until tomorrow.

Frankly, it looks like a big, site-wide Panda hit, to me. Usually, views bounce back so its not worth getting too upset for a while.

There does appear to be a way to get the total from Google for today.  You have to narrow the date range down to today.  The number of hits today on Google is not even close to what I received at HP yesterday, so it can't be yesterday's data.

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

??  If I set analytics to show only data from the 20th and 21st the last point on the graph is today at 19:00, where I had 55 visitors.  My clock shows 20:45, and they're an hour behind me.  It's not real time but it updates at least hourly.

Ya, Google analytics is updated hourly, but if you don't know how to get the most updated info, I can see how one might think it's only every 24 hours. My analytics page is still showing a huge drop in traffic, but my views for today as reported by Google is much higher than what the HP stats page says, so there must be a glitch with HP stats.

1. wilderness profile image95

True, you have to change the dates you are looking at; default is for the past 30 days, ending yesterday.

2. Will Apse profile image88

If I use this method, Analytics shows that my account died in the last 4 hours. I mean completely died.

That might  have happened but I'm not convinced. I reckon, I will wait until I get data that is entirely reliable before buying a coffin.

3. Learn Things Web profile image93

But Adsense impressions are current. My Hubpages stats are down 50% but my Adsense impressions are stable.

4. Paul Maplesden profile image76
        Paul Maplesdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Analytics can show stats from the current day (you just have to select in the date browser) and if you show stats by hour in GA you can do a side by side comparison with the rolling 24 hours that HP shows.

29. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 11 years ago

To all posters, many of whom I admire very much...

I am aware that that there is a certain activitity that is a fact of my daily life in the UK but which is (semi?) illegal in the United States, so I will be deliberately vague...

Every morning/lunchtime, I nip up and speculate on a number of four legged animals to perform better against their contemporaries in a certain establishment which is perfectly legal in Great Britain. That is my hope. Sometimes it actually pays off! smile (So OK, mostly it doesn't... sad )

There are no ifs, no buts and no maybes but essentially that is what we are all doing as online writers. It's the name of the game, no matter which site we choose to write for or whom we choose to support.

Do I believe in Hub Pages? Yes - and I hope that word says it all...

30. Patkay profile image90
    Patkayposted 11 years ago

This is surely a glitch on HP side. Mine has also fallen and all of them have the blue arrow. I usually have around 1400 views in a day, but upon checking this morning, I have 355 views.

31. aravindb1982 profile image77
    aravindb1982posted 11 years ago

This is not about Google and Panda update I feel.

most of my traffic comes from Facebook sharing, Twitter tweets and email circulation. That has continued unabated. However, the views on HP have drastically fallen from about 1500 8 hours aggo to 600 now.

So, it is a HP in-house problem I feel.

hope, like the last time this happened (3-4 weeks ago) HP compensates for the traffic stats. The last time it happened HP said that the traffic stats would normalize over a period of 5-10 hours and they did so...

Well, either HP or whoever does their counting.  Quantcast, maybe?

2. Learn Things Web profile image93

Most of my traffic comes from Google. But based on my Adsense impressions, it's an HP problem. Today's Adsense impressions have almost topped yesterday's. Yet supposedly today I only have half the traffic I had yesterday.

1. aravindb1982 profile image77
        aravindb1982posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ah! I too see the same...

Me, too.  I think everyone is seeing the same thing and that the HP stats are wrong.

32. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 11 years ago

HP stats glitch methinks.

1. Will Apse profile image88

I reckon so. Analytics for yesterday has tallied up and seems normal.

Just a coincidence that there was a Panda run the day that HP stats blew up (again).

We should have a whip round and buy them an abacus.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
        PaulGoodman67posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Or some oil, so the stats clock doesn't keep jamming?  wink

33. Vacation Trip profile image71
    Vacation Tripposted 11 years ago

Me too experiencing the same.

34. agvulpes profile image86
    agvulpesposted 11 years ago

My 24 hour numbers are approx 50% of yesterdays.  I think for the first time for ages if not ever my GA views are much more than HP views for the same period. To me this would indicate a HP glitch?

35. Steve Lensman profile image62
    Steve Lensmanposted 11 years ago

My traffic is down 50% too, funny thing is my top hubs are still in the first two or three pages of google search and yet they are getting a fraction of the traffic they used to get. Hopefully this is a temporary anomaly.

The slowdown in traffic has slowed down my urge to write more hubs.

Btw last year I had just 3 hubs on idle out of more than 200, the past few weeks thanks to a sudden drop in traffic beyond my control 14 of my hubs are now de-listed. Just doesn't seem fair.

36. sabrebIade profile image81

LOL....when I looked at this thread I was shocked because for just one moment....an actual site related thread was at the top and not a thread that had "God", "politics", "Obama" or "Atheists" in the title!

37. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 11 years ago

My traffic is down to 40% levels.

38. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 11 years ago

Yeah, my traffic from some sources is in the negatives, LOL.  Google India, for example, is -2.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure my traffic is just fine and it's just reporting issues.

39. sweetzara profile image76
    sweetzaraposted 11 years ago

60% drop here.

40. sabrebIade profile image81

As several people have mentioned here....if you look at Google Analytics or Adsense stats (if you are not using HP Ads) I will almost guarantee you will not see a sharp drop in traffic.
    I have a very mild downturn but that could be normal fluctuations.
    On the HP stats page though it looks like Armageddon!

41. molometer profile image80
    molometerposted 11 years ago

You are correct. I checked my Google Analytics and it is on it's normal gentle upwards track. I assume it must be a local hubpages issue.

1. emilgen2011 profile image59
      emilgen2011posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Google Analytics would reveal otherwise... But I got a big scare after seeing one of my hubs that is averaging 100+ views a day got a big fat zero earlier...

42. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

Yep, my traffic sources list on Hubpages dashboard is showing several negative numbers.

Surprising number of blue arrows for past few days.

Google analytics doesn't show any statistically significant drop between this week and last week, however.

43. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

Panda, panda, panda!!  Grrr...

You know, actual pandas are cute and fuzzy.
    WHY did "The Big G" have to pick that name for their destructive "updates?!"  There is nothing the least bit cute or warm and fuzzy about these constant machinations!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image70

Just to clarify.
      There is nothing of which we aware that would indicate this as related to Google or any Google search algorithm change.

1. Patkay profile image90
        Patkayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is a problem Sir and am afraid it only affecting some of us, that is why you are not noticing. There is no way one can drop from around 1400 views to 300 views in a day, and then suddenly.

I thought they fixed the hub page view count problem already?  There was a notice posted earlier today by HP that it was fixed and hub views should normalize.  Are people still seeing this problem?  My hub views seem light today, but it's Friday going into a weekend, so it's hard to tell if there is a problem or it's just the weekend slowdown.

That's what they said, but when you look at the stats for the last 24 hours it still indicates a problem. Mine are showing about a third less views than normal right now (and I am allowing for the usual weekend drop in traffic).

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

I think what Matthew means is that these weird low figures are not as a result of a Google Algo change or anything similar. In other words there is a problem, but it is internal to the Hubpages site.

2. agvulpes profile image86
      agvulpesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I read somewhere that it was named after a man called "panda" an engineer with Google. Not Panda the animal!
      Maybe someone can confirm / deny this? smile

44. Isabella Snow profile image85
    Isabella Snowposted 11 years ago

My 1 day stats are still showing the same numbers they were showing yesterday when I first noticed there was a problem. If there weren't any new Google issues, this seems to suggest the problem is either not fixed, or that it's taking more time to catch up across the board. My earnings for yesterday appear normal enough, but the stats I'm looking at are no different than yesterday when they started dropping.

1. sabrebIade profile image81
      sabrebIadeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Seems to still be the situation here as well.

My 1 day stats are still way down too.

45. 2uesday profile image64
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

Maybe it is something else but when I search I am finding reports like this one:
    http://searchengineland.com/google-pand … ted-146149

and this http://www.seroundtable.com/google-panda-24-16255.html

Added as postscript. Please ignore this as Isabella has pointed out it is from January, sorry.

1. Isabella Snow profile image85
      Isabella Snowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are finding reports from a month ago? Or is there something there about this month that I didn't notice?

46. 2uesday profile image64
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

You are right Isabella it is me confused by my stats.

47. agilitymach profile image94
    agilitymachposted 11 years ago

I don't get much Google traffic as my audience is not Google oriented.  That being said, my stats have fallen off dramatically as well.  Since almost all of my traffic comes from sources outside of Google, I do not think this is Google related at all.  I'm sure Hubpages will find and fix the issue.

48. faythef profile image69
    faythefposted 11 years ago

mine must not be Google oriented either..or it is over impacted..( there are only so many ways ,one can change a title, and have it say what you want it to) wish I could change that...

49. Isabella Snow profile image85
    Isabella Snowposted 11 years ago

The only reason I have mentioned the bit about the 1 day stats, is that HP has already said they should now be correct, and I think they are not aware that they are the same as they were yesterday.

50. sabrebIade profile image81

Well hopefully when the put "FIXED" on something they dont just ignore it....

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)