jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

An unfortunate formatting...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Hi,
      I've just read a newcomer's first hub.  It is a recipe hub, but not using that template.  She's apparently not from the continental US, but her English is fair enough to understand in the article...(worse on her profile).

But, her formatting is terrible; the entire hub is in a blue "sidebar" box down the right side of the page.
      Suggestions on how to politely tell her to start over?  (Is it even possible to switch templates on an already-published article?  The whole template thing is also new to me!)

The recipe itself is fine...and I complimented her on that...but I don't like to call folks out in the public comments with such corrections that might appear brutal.
      I don't want to flag the hub and discourage a newbie........

1. ChristinS profile image94
      ChristinSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If you want to contact her directly, click on the fanmail link and there is an option to contact the person by email.  Perhaps you could send her a polite note so it's private and just explain what you noticed and how to fix it?

DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks...wasn't sure what happened to that option--it's not as easy to see as it used to be...

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They've made it very difficult, haven't they?

What I do in that situation, (if I don't want to email the person), is to post a comment along the lines of "just a tip, your Hub will be far more successful if you change the formatting.." and then I finish the comment with "please delete this comment after you've read it!"

If the hubber has been sensible and has her comments set not to appear until approved, no one else will see it.

Good idea---I'll remember that for next time.  They really do need a "like" button on here... wink

2. The Examiner-1 profile image75
          The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

To send Fan Mail go to the Hubbers profile site. Screen the right side until you see Fan Mail and click on that. In the top right corner of the left box is ' Send 'so-and-so' an email.

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
            Jean Bakulaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

But if you send so and so an email, you will be giving them your email address.

If you have a different email address than you give out in your private life, use that one.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Well, if it's the hub I think it is, it's been unpublished. If it was me, I'd just let it go now. smile

ah, I see...ok...

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

If you flag a hub like this as being "low quality", doesn't the staff check it and add a suggestion to the writer about how to fix the problem?

working