jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)

Isn't It Nice to See the Forums so Busy?

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

The influx of Squidoo members (what's the correct term BTW?) has really made the forums seem lively again.   

I never look at the topic forums, and in recent months the HubPages section has been pretty quiet, so it's nice to see so much activity.

1. SmartAndFun profile image98
      SmartAndFunposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have been calling them Squubbers, but they may not like that term. big_smile

1. DrMark1961 profile image100
        DrMark1961posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think that is a great new name! If you do not have a copyright out on it I am sure others will start using it.

2. Snakesmum profile image81
      Snakesmumposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Marisa,   If you mean what is the correct term for Squidoo members, we are usually (were!) called Squids.  :-)

It's good to be here, BTW, as the forums are helpful, and there are plenty of guidance articles available.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image100
        Jayne Lancerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Could you now be called 'ex-squids'?

1. Snakesmum profile image81

Just so long as we're not called "dead squids" !    :-)

Oh my goodness--I just noticed you have a snake around your neck. You'll be a dead squid if he bites you!

1. Snakesmum profile image81

Jayne,  It's ok, she's not venomous, and she's really quite friendly.  No dead Squids here.  :-)

Good to know! smile

3. ologsinquito profile image92
      ologsinquitoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It's really nice to see all of the new faces.

2. Arachnea profile image77
    Arachneaposted 3 years ago

Marisa Wright, influx works. However here are a few more choices:  inflow, inrush, flood, inundation. wink The forum was usually fairly active over on Squidoo.

3. Writer Fox profile image64
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Summer is over and so are vacations.

4. robertzimmerman2 profile image83
    robertzimmerman2posted 3 years ago

Any influx of additional writers from a situation as we have will lead to lots of questions, some relating to the transition of material and others on HP itself.

In reality, Squidoo "Lensmasters" had several forums and groups to interact on and of course some favored this one or that one for any number of reasons.

I personally had given up on the official forum because of the over emphasis of social interaction to generate internal traffic.

I sure have learned a lot on this forum! You folks are hard working and helpful.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image90
      LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/10284257.jpg

5. DrMark1961 profile image100
    DrMark1961posted 3 years ago

I was thinking the same thing last night.
    It is nice to see so much new activity, and the answers from more experienced hubbers have also been helpful to those of us who have been on the site a few years.
    Thanks, new Squidoo transfers!

1. Barbara Kay profile image90
      Barbara Kayposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I've learned a couple of new things and I've been here 4 years.

6. Jayne Lancer profile image100
    Jayne Lancerposted 3 years ago

I've always enjoyed the forums, but they're such a distraction when busy.

I avoid the topical forums like the plague. The only ones that are busy enough to be interesting are the political and religious ones, and they only infuriate me, which isn't much fun.

7. colorfulone profile image85
    colorfuloneposted 3 years ago

It is great to be able to read what the active more experienced HubPages' members have to say in the forums. Thank you so much to those of you who share the wealth of information you have. The forums are educational at best.

8. abidareacode profile image73
    abidareacodeposted 3 years ago

I rarely comes in forums.For the past two days I have been there for clearing some doubts. So happy to know that forum was too active in these days.

9. Jayne Lancer profile image100
    Jayne Lancerposted 3 years ago

Paradigmsearch has been missing from the forums for quite a while. Isn't he Forum King or something? Hope he's all right.

10. WestelCS profile image61
    WestelCSposted 3 years ago

Forums are great places. I can get my queries resolved at most of the times. Not only this I can connect with different business that help me in business and vice versa. For me it is a great communication channel.

working