Any Hubsters that you are uncertain of?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (84 posts)
  1. mandybeau profile image58
    mandybeauposted 14 years ago

I asked the question of accofranco, yesterday, probably shouldn't have singled him out. But as a relative newcomer only been here a bit short of a year...Took awhile to get writing, I really value other peoples opinions.
    For example you may think someone asks to many questions, or that they don't ring true.
    Sure I could go on their site and ask them.... But are they going to tell me the truth, Most people that have nothing to hide will, however for that small group that do, here is a chance to come out and say just what you think.
    That way everyone can put their side accross.

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And that Rik Ravado is full of bravado!

big_smile

It seems that you wish to have someone new singled out.

Why the compelling need to dig up the dirt on people you don't know? It's not like you've got a legitimate grievance against anyone. The thread appears to be nothing more than trying to kick start controversy.

mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I am not just an nice little artist from Ao Te Roa, perhaps I too have a darkside, anyone caring to investigate is welcome, No I am just trying to get into the psyche, of other  Hubbers, afterall you have to admit there are some weirdos out there........ Perhaps i don't like weirdos, perhaps I am just another nut case myself, or perhaps I want to get rid of the A>>>> H that is putting B>S on my site that is slowing down my Computer..... aaaah now thats the real one. Got nothing to hide don't fret, no one has named you have they?????

2. mandybeau profile image58

Whatever its not but whatever.

2. JamaGenee profile image78
      JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mandybeau, hubbers are just people. We aren't here to sell you a car or a house or offer marriage.  When we signed up, there was no credit check, no requirement for squeaky-clean character references, no swear-on-a-bible to always tell the 100% truth about ourselves.   

We're here to write, get feedback on what we write, and for some, cyber-socialize with other hubbers.  Period.

It certainly does sound like your only purpose in starting these threads is to create controversy.  I suggest you write a hub instead that includes your concerns and then the ensuing controversy will be confined to its comments section.

It is simply a forum post, I am asking the question, if no one wants to answer then so be it. However some have, so in the interests of freedom of speech, lets not go down the track  telling me why I am doing something, and for what reason,  I don't like unfair summisals, I think it is time to ask these questions, when you get someone able to post photos on your site, where you haven't even posted a photograph yourself, and the fact it was some dork carrying a hand gun, after it appeared he had just shot, a big red thing, I will say to HP that they  can cut me off but until that day  I am still going to ask. If not only for the sake it is time, that  someone did.  I am damned sure I am not backing down now.
        I don't suffer fools gladly and there are some people out there that don't deserve our consideration.
        Again My opinion. My tactics work I have accofranco as a fan, he is not upset about the recent Hub about him, so why should anyone else be.
        Anyone is welcome to say whatever they want about me.........or even write a Hub if they feel like boring the World.

I have taken on board the idea to write a Hub, but felt the forum was more appropriate.

2. Rik Ravado profile image87
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

I don't know where to begin.  HubPages holds many secrets.  You'll find organised crime here, gangsters, pirates, spammers, grifters, cheats and liars.  (And that's just the HubPages staff!) 

Sometimes the name gives their true nature away - Darkside is self-explanatory. There are certainly some really scarry people here.  But I'm too afraid to name them.  But before you comment on anyone's Hubs or forum posts make sure they don't know where you live!  This is why my avatar hides my true likeness.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too funny.  I actually did receive a series of angry emails from a conspiracy theorist who believed that I was the head of an international gang of hubbers--of course, he only decided this after his hubs got moderated.

And another fella insisted that HubPages is a front for Homeland Security.

I'm surprised, really, that nobody's decided I'm the devil yet.

No way you were the first fan club I joined. lol

3. profile image0
      Whikatposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hell Ya! These are the reasons I joined hubpages to begin with! You gotta love the hub community with all this excitement.

3. goldentoad profile image59
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

I am uncertain that BT Evilpants is 100% jackalope

4. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I'm a little uncertain about CC and Pest.  I think they're having a thing going with The Toad.

Hahah I thought they were A O.K. Do you think I'm being a cow asking this question????????????????????????Jama genee has her self in a twist over it, Oh and I like the toad, he has to be alright, going out there and saying he is a Toad... plus I like his Hubs, they do not give me the eewwy gewwies at all.

1. goldentoad profile image59
        goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

true I am a toad. I am uncertain of everyone on here after reading Christoph Reilly's new hub.
        http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Strange-Tal … y-Malachek

1. Christoph Reilly profile image67
          Christoph Reillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All of them. I have learned the truth.

(Thanks for the plug, Toad)

2. JamaGenee profile image78

You stated your opinion, I stated mine.  Just because I don't happen to agree with you does not mean I've 'got myself in a twist'. You're the one who said "I won't back down".  Nuff said about what these threads are about.

Thanks I felt you were over reacting, but then I don't really know you, so its hard to guage. Friends again lol

1. JamaGenee profile image78

Wasn't aware we weren't friends, only that we sometimes have differing points of view.  cool

3. countrywomen profile image59
        countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about others but I personally don't have the urge to be "certain" about anybody(including myself). When I say myself I am not certain (when I should be in complete control of my mind and body) whether I will go to the gym today or do what I am supposed to do. And if at all I have to venture about others then even after being married for over 2 months there are new things myself and my husband are discovering about each other. In fact I find life fascinating when there is a little mystery to it. smile

1. JamaGenee profile image78

I wholeheartedly agree, CW!

1. countrywomen profile image59

Thanks JG, now I got to try to use that mind of mine to get this body to the gym today (no more excuses today). Have a great day folks and relax/enjoy http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/mybusiness/Smilies/sunningsmilie.gif

2. LondonGirl profile image82
          LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Two months? OH and I have been living together nearly 12 years, and he's always surprising me.

I think that, that is great, Its always good to hear a Happy story, with all the divorce etc., out there. Trust you, There are just some people that always seem to get it right. LOL. Brilliant.
            Mandy

5. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

I'm uncertain about myself.  Just what am I doing here?  Is this some kind of alternate reality or something?  I find myself very mysterious and a little shifty, especially on alternate weekends and sometimes on Mondays.  They are usually very hard days. I am almost never in control of my mind or body on Mondays. wink

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
      GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays!"-Office Space (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v90q0ydxMI trailer)

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes!  Office Space is classic.  And oh so true...  Cubicalville, pah, sometimes, even if I get to write and make stuff!

6. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

I've seen the "PC Load Letter" error in the course of my highest paid vocation ever--the lead tech as a firedog Circuit City goon. Oh my gawd, I wanted to take a bat to it too.

Should have, in retrospect, actually.

GLM

7. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

I'd be VERY uncertain of me if I were you.
    I'm from a feared government Alphabet agency, and am compiling a huge database of everyone's online earnings. Agent AccoFranco is working on the "Date of Birth" project that is associated with this one. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Some people have apparently earned well over a dollar with Adsense. Expect a knock on the door real soon.

But I've said too much. Now we'll have to neutralise everyone who has read this forum post. Just leave your name and address in the comments below.
    On second thoughts - don't bother. We can easily find it if we don't have it already.

Eric, you avator looks James Bondish, is it you???????
      So I felt ah spy may be he works for more than one side, or is he sitting on the fence, feeling the wrath of the barbed wire..... Love your Hubs. I may be wrong, but you are on the Good list (Sorry<)

Eric, you avator looks James Bondish, is it you???????
      So I felt ah spy may be he works for more than one side, or is he sitting on the fence, feeling the wrath of the barbed wire..... Love your Hubs. I may be wrong, but you are on the Good list (Sorry<)

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it's me.
        If you knew where I used to work, you wouldn't put me on the "good" list :-). Trust Christoph.

Mafia, undertaker, or worse still not the Government, I'M cool I don't get a benefit.

8. Christoph Reilly profile image67
    Christoph Reillyposted 14 years ago

Eric Graudins is a very dangerous man. He is a master of disguise. Trust no one.

1. Frieda Babbley profile image81
      Frieda Babbleyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Beware of anyone pointing at you with a writing implement and no paper.

Good one

Than k you he is marked as dangerous as from today i will always watch my back around him lol.

No need to do that. Just listening for the knock on the door will be sufficient. (I've just highlighted your name on my list.)

Hell no, Can I delete, will that make it go away lol. Besides I live in an ex Brethren House no windows no Doors, ya just buzz me.
          Have you seen those maps though getting worrying, they reckon, they have the technology now to see inside you house not just out....... Is that your lot?????????

Nice Bedspread! You have good taste.

Actually its made of  Human hair. Don't ask where i get it......

2. agvulpes profile image86
              agvulpesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be very very careful. All Eric wants to do is sell you a Keyboard with a bug in the Enter key. Every time you enter you exit.????

Is that who Eric is, well thanks a whole bunch.........and he looked so honest, Thanks for the warning albeit, abit late.

9. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 14 years ago

I knew it!!  Eric is an ex-CIA operative sent into HubPages to keep tabs on all of us!!  Christoph, you are right to say he shouldn't be trusted!!  I deny everything I have ever said about myself or anyone else.  I even deny this statement.

10. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Oh..should we be getting paranoid now? tongue lol lol

1. Jewels profile image81
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paranoia is a healthy trait. Could someone tell me that's right.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When it's healthy it isn't paranoia - it's just being smart.  I've had a few comments on my hubs, though, that were by people who so wanted to show how "smart" they were they made up whole scenarios about "what I must really be".  The only thing was they were completely wrong and looked like nuts to me.   smile

On the other hand, I suppose there's something amazingly wise about wearing a tin foil hat at all times.

I think that you are a very earthy person.lol

Tin foil well thats novel, doesn't it get hot in there?

1. Lisa HW profile image62
            Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It does, but the good thing is that on a hot afternoon you can toast an English muffin on it too.    smile

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image60

My tin foil hat doesn't allow my head to breathe, sure, but it does reflect sunlight well. Oh, and it adds to my cellphone and radio reception. wink

G|M

11. VioletSun profile image75
    VioletSunposted 14 years ago

I keep hearing that everything we experience in life/reality is a creation in our minds; a dream, so, who knows what dream character we will be, we could shape shift in a minute! So there are no certain hubsters! smile

Interesting response.

12. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I'm not bothered about the uncertainty of hubbers here, I'm more concerned about the uncertainty of being uncertain.

WOW!! I like your sarcasm and hope to see more of it. smile
      http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2778/sarcasm3ix4.gif

Sarcasm for the win!

I wonder what it was like for the first person to use it...you know? Like..
        (P1)"How was dinner?"
        (P2)"Oh, it was just great."
        (P1)"Really?!"
        (P2)"Nah, I was just being...oh crap, what do I call it?"

wink

G|M

Good one. Btw I call it http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5392/blahblahtt3.gif
          big_smile

Awwwe, thats a bit too vague though! By your definition, politicians are sarcastic all the time! =P

To make sense of there nonsense one does need a lot of common sense which isn't a sense which is common. My piece of advice when you do come across politicians then train your senses to follow these stepshttp://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/LisaMznutz/Smilies/see20no20evil20hear.gif

Sage advice, rock on!

Personally, if they're going to be bickering over nothing all day I'd love to see them throw chairs again. It'd make C-Span SOOO much more interesting.

It worked for Lincoln.

G|M

Now you are making me a nice device to give wise advise tongue

*Grabs his well used thesaurus and dictionary*

Give me ten minutes, I'll rhyme something...no really, I swear. =P

13. Cris A profile image60
    Cris Aposted 14 years ago

Pest cool

14. mandybeau profile image58
  15. mandybeau profile image58
  16. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I thought I had contributed all I had to contribute to this thread, but I couldn't resist returning with this answer to the question it asks (after some recent HubPages activity):

No.  I think we can be fairly certain of most Hubbers, one way or the other.   smile  Most of the time, crazy is pretty is pretty obvious.   smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)